VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Achtuning | VW Mk6 Golf R Thread

80K views 352 replies 91 participants last post by  kc4ever 
#1 · (Edited)

For those that do not know us, welcome and I hope we have a chance to meet you in person someday! Achtuning is owned by Hartmann Wheels and we specialize in VW and Audi performance upgrades, supplying nationwide distributors and retail customers like you with quality parts by APR, H&R, StopTech, Neuspeed, and of course Hartmann Wheels. We are located in Redmond, Washington just south of the Willows Golf Course and very close to the Microsoft Campus. If you plan to stop by for a visit, we are open between 9am and 6pm Monday through Friday. This thread has been created with the intention of putting everything Golf R related here at ACHTUN!NG in one thread for your convenience. Discussion, pictures, product releases, sales, etc... We're going to put it all here, very similar to our Shop Life thread. We welcome your participation and questions!

:)

The image above and links below will direct you to the Achtuning website where you can start browsing our online store.

Hartmann Wheels for your Golf R:

Also see:
Engine Upgrades for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Driveline & chassis upgrades for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Exhaust options for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Suspension options for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Brake options for your VW Mk6 Golf R

See less See more
#43 ·
Nope, no settling since the Premiums were previously installed on the Achtuning Mk5 Jetta 2.5L. Didn't take measurements at stock ride height but at its current (pictured earlier), fender-to-ground measurements are 25¼" up front and 25½" out back.

#46 · (Edited)
Got a chance to snap a couple of pictures of the installed H&R front and rear sway bars today on our Golf R project, then I took pictures of the Premium coil-overs we're running to show where the adjustment perches sit...

We then took the opportunity to test-fit some H&R wheel spacers to check clearances, etc. with the different sizes. I am happy to report the hub-centric 8mm (HR162555716) and 10mm (HR20255571A/B) spacers fit over the factory hubs just fine. On the stock wheels, we would suggest a 5mm front and 10mm rear H&R wheel spacer for a "mildly" aggressive look or 10mm front and 12mm rear spacers for the more aggressive look, as seen below:

... And compared to stock:

Take that info with a grain of salt, as ride height will certainly be a factor when deciding wheel spacer widths. :thumbup:

#47 ·
Squeezed into our schedule today was a short test-fit of the Hartmann G5 Wheels on the Achtuning Golf R. The wheels are 19x8 with a 45mm offset. They're wrapped with 235/35-19 Falken FK452s and shown here without any wheel spacing. The "stance" is fairly aggressive and looks fantastic! Though I might suggest a 225/35-19 for those who plan to run a bit lower than this.

#86 ·
Squeezed into our schedule today was a short test-fit of the Hartmann G5 Wheels on the Achtuning Golf R. The wheels are 19x8 with a 45mm offset. They're wrapped with 235/35-19 Falken FK452s and shown here without any wheel spacing. The "stance" is fairly aggressive and looks fantastic! Though I might suggest a 225/35-19 for those who plan to run a bit lower than this.

Can I use the Audi R8 wheels that you have on http://shop.achtuning.com and 235/35-19 tires without any fender rolling?

http://shop.achtuning.com/audi-oem-19-r8-wheels-audi-and-volkswagen.aspx

#54 ·
Any side profile shots of the ACH.:R ?
Watching very closely

#59 ·
The StopTech Sport Kit install continues, and with our experience will improve the braking capabilities of our VW Golf R considerably. The kit, complete with OE-sized rotors, pads, and stainless-steel braided brake lines is intended to offer much less brake dust than the factory supplied pads as well as bite down on the slotted rotors with a bit more grip, instilling the confidence needed to brake at the last second possible using the factory calipers.

#63 ·
ACHTUNG VW Mk6 Golf R Thread

After looking at your pictures I am glad I ordered CW. Are going to change the orange side marker.
The more I look at those pictures the less it bothers me on a CW but maybe it's only me. BTW, your mods is an inspiration ( now I see better brakes) but I do not know if I can keep up . Stage 1 APR is a must for me, but where does it end? At the end it will be a 50k car:confused:

#67 ·
‎ACHTUNING is now stocking StopTech's new STR 600 and STR 660 brake fluid, high performance DOT4 fluids engineered to optimize brake system performance at high operating temperatures, and compatible with modern ABS and other vehicle dynamic control systems.

StopTech STR-600 Synthetic Brake Fluid (500ml): $16.99

• Typical Dry Boiling Point 594 Degrees F (312 Degrees C)
  • Typical Wet Boiling Point 404 Degrees F (206 Degrees C).
  • Minimum Wet Boiling Point 383 Degrees F (195 Degrees C).
  • Conforms to and exceeds U.S. FMVSS 116 (§ 571.116)

StopTech STR-660 Synthetic Brake Fluid (500ml): $27.99

• Typical Dry Boiling Point 622 Degrees F (328 Degrees C)
  • Typical Wet Boiling Point 404 Degrees F (206 Degrees C).
  • Minimum Wet Boiling Point 383 Degrees F (195 Degrees C).
  • Conforms to and exceeds U.S. FMVSS 116 (§ 571.116)

Click either image above to be directed to the online catalog for instant ordering and check out the details. :thumbup:

#70 ·
Thank you! :)

Late Friday evening we installed APR's ECU software upgrade along with their high-pressure fuel pump.

The software upgrade combined with the fuel pump is expected to give us an additional 80hp and 80tq, and a quick run up and down the highway post install proved the upgrades made quite the difference! Going to need to get a bit more seat time to offer a better impression in words though... :D

#71 ·
APR announces their official release of their 2.0T Tuning Package for the North American Volkswagen Golf R!

Volkswagen Automotive Group's 2.0T found in the Golf R is the world's premiere 4 cylinder turbocharged engine and APR has developed a line of premiere performance enhancements to compliment VAG's achievement. APR's expertly recalibrated engine management upgrades and professionally engineered OEM replacement performance engine components result in an even more enjoyable, powerful and efficient operation with no loss of life or use. APR's complete line of performance enhancements have been developed for the 2.0T to provide increases of 83 FT-LBS of torque and 79 HP with an APR ECU and Hardware upgrades.

APR's Software, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Teams have built upon years of experience and unmatched accomplishments with VAG's standard 200HP 2.0T FSI engine to develop new breakthroughs in drivability and performance enhancement for the Golf R 2.0T. APR has been able to fully realize the upgrades VAG provided in increased engine durability, efficiency and performance to deliver a tuning program that is the culmination of 9 years of research and development and unparalleled in the performance aftermarket.

APR Golf R ECU Upgrade Stages

The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade is an ODB-II ECU upgrade that not only gives you higher peak numbers of 306 horsepower and 293 ft-lbs of torque, but also gains of up to 38 horsepower and 34lb-ft throughout the power band!

APR's ECU Upgrade is the best power per dollar modification for the 2.0T and gives it just the extra edge these cars lack from the factory without pushing the limits. With factory like smoothness and drivability APR's ECU Upgrade will fill the void in an otherwise excellent car.

Dyno Graph

More Power Figures:
Measured Power at the Wheels
Gain over stock

All APR Software is available for 91 (R+M)/2, 93 (R+M)/2, 100 (R+M)/2, 95 RON, 98 RON and 104 RON fuel grades.

With the addition of an APR High Pressure Fuel Pump, APR's Stage I+ ECU upgrade offers large gains in midrange torque and horsepower. An additional 55 ft-lbs of torque and 55 horsepower over stock is on tap.

Dyno Graph

More Power Figures:
Gain over stock

At these impressive power levels, the Golf-R demands an intake system that allows the turbocharger to breath more freely. With the addition of an APR Intake System, staggering gains of 83 ft-lbs of torque and 79 horsepower over stock were achieved. An impressive 338 ft-lbs of torque and 335 HP will transform the Golf-R into an AWD super car with only minor updates!

Dyno Graph

More Power Figures:
Gain over stock

As always, APR's Stage I+ ECU upgrade is a free upgrade for all existing APR Stage I customers.

APR Stage II requires an APR RSC Exhaust System and is a free upgrade for all existing APR Stage I or I+ customers. More information and power figures will be available once their new exhaust system is released!

APR Stage II+ requires an APR RSC Exhaust System and an APR High Pressure Fuel Pump. APR Stage II+ is a free upgrade for all existing APR Stage I, I+ or II customers.

APR Stage III Software is included with their world renowned APR Stage III Turbocharger Systems. APR is currently verifying their Stage III Turbocharger Systems for the US market and will have more information soon!

Price:
$599

Flashing Method:
APR Direct Port Programming. Flashed through the OBD-II port. No soldering, No opening or removing the ECU.

More Questions?
Phone: 425 895 0000
Email: sales@achtuning.com

#72 ·

The ACHTUNING VW Golf R is suited up and ready for this weekend's test n' tune session. Equipped with StopTech's "Sport" brake upgrade (slotted rotors/street performance pads/stainless-steel lines) and Hartmann Euromesh 4 wheels that are wrapped in Falken RT615s, we anticipate quite the performance from our all-wheel-driven, K04 equipped Golf, especially now that we've got the ECU tune and high pressure fuel pump from APR to back it up as well!!

The Hartmann Euromesh 4 wheels are 18x8 with a 45mm offset, and sit perfectly within the arches both front and back, offering plenty of room for the meaty RT615s.

#81 ·
The latter. :thumbup:

Though with the current ride height and offset combo, there isn't much room to go wider. At least, not without a fender roll. There's talks of bringing the suspension up just a touch too for better suspension geometry for the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.