VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Achtuning | VW Mk6 Golf R Thread

80K views 352 replies 91 participants last post by  kc4ever 
#1 · (Edited)

For those that do not know us, welcome and I hope we have a chance to meet you in person someday! Achtuning is owned by Hartmann Wheels and we specialize in VW and Audi performance upgrades, supplying nationwide distributors and retail customers like you with quality parts by APR, H&R, StopTech, Neuspeed, and of course Hartmann Wheels. We are located in Redmond, Washington just south of the Willows Golf Course and very close to the Microsoft Campus. If you plan to stop by for a visit, we are open between 9am and 6pm Monday through Friday. This thread has been created with the intention of putting everything Golf R related here at ACHTUN!NG in one thread for your convenience. Discussion, pictures, product releases, sales, etc... We're going to put it all here, very similar to our Shop Life thread. We welcome your participation and questions!

:)

The image above and links below will direct you to the Achtuning website where you can start browsing our online store.

Hartmann Wheels for your Golf R:

Also see:
Engine Upgrades for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Driveline & chassis upgrades for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Exhaust options for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Suspension options for your VW Mk6 Golf R
Brake options for your VW Mk6 Golf R

See less See more
#2 ·

Just got a call with EXCITING news... Our next shop car has just landed! Looking forward to taking delivery either tonight or tomorrow!

#14 ·
Not sure. Still haven't seen the car yet.

University VW received two that day, the other purchased by a member of their sales team. We got bumped up due to a cancellation in Texas.

#33 ·
Such a nice car! Glad you guys got one of the first ones :thumbup:

Houston TX.

#25 ·
It's here!

The Achtuning VW Golf R has finally arrived and here she sits (for a very short period) in stock form, a perfect blank canvas for us to start from. A short cruise around the area put a smile on my face. Though it isn't as quick as our Achtuning A3 currently equipped with the APR K04 kit, software should easily bring it back to the power level we would expect. Cornering feels fantastic and the Golf R goes in the direction you point it without hesitation. Though the car feels great in stock form, we're already anxious to get started on this project! Here are a couple more pictures taken shortly after delivery...

The rest of the images can be found here.

#27 ·
While we have APR looking into a few details prior to software upgrades, we are wasting no time with the Achtuning VW Golf R and getting right down to the suspension! Our Achtuning VW (Mk5) Jetta 2.5L had up until now been running the H&R Premium coil-over kit taken from the Achtuning A3, which has been down for the count while it awaits an APR Stage 4 motor. We're then going to throw the stock Golf R suspension on the Jetta for now.

H&R also sent us an RSS Club Sport coil-over kit to put on the A3 but more about that later... It's Golf R time!

#34 · (Edited)
The H&R Premium coil-over kit is now installed on the Achtuning Golf R. The Achtuning "Signature" ride height is a mild drop leaving roughly a finger-to-two-finger gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender.

And if any of you Golf R owners are approached by Mk5 Jetta guys wondering what height they would be running after purchasing your stockers, show them this!

#42 ·
The H&R Premium coil-over kit is now installed on the Achtuning Golf R. The Achtuning "Signature" ride height is a mild drop leaving roughly a finger-to-two-finger gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender.
I suspect the stock springs would have settled a bit over then next few days (weeks?) but I'm curious roughly how much of a drop do you think it would be from stock?

#38 ·
As would I if it were my personal daily. Bill (owner) tracks his cars regularly so this particular set-up needs to be track ready! :thumbup:

#62 ·
ACHTUNG VW Mk6 Golf R Thread

Love the looks of the wheels with H&R Premium coil overs and the spacers. I do not intend to track my R and was wondering if simple H&R sport springs for a fraction of cost would have the same effect visually as the stock suspension as a daily driver probably will be ok for me.

#41 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.