Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weirdo from work knows where I live

1. 01-10-2012 05:51 PM #1
      This dude is weird. He's always asking personal questions about me and my wife and even did the math when I told everyone we were pregnant to see which day I impregnated her. "Hey if your wife is 3 months pregnant 2 weeks ago, you must have gotten her pregnant on X night in June. Am I right?"
      He's 43 years old and acts like a fuggin' 16 year old with his bitching and moaning about retarded crap no one cares about. I think he's got a social disorder.

I've been working with this guy for over a year. We live in the same general area but I've always made it a point to take the long, twisted way home whenever we happen to be in the same traffic. On numerous occasions, he has skipped the turn he usually takes to go home in order to follow me just to see what road I live on. When I notice him following me, I usually take a bunch of unnecessary turns until gets bored or takes the hint and gives up. Tonight I messed up. I was driving down my road and pull into my driveway when I see his truck approaching from the opposite direction. That ****er figured out what road I live on and was probably driving down the street to see which driveway my truck was in. He drove right past me and waved. God damn it. I'm sure he'll drive by my house at random times of night just to see if I'm there. Or he'll snoop around my yard while I'm working my shift. Or he'll ask me where I was at X o'clock on Saturday night because my truck wasn't in my driveway.

Yes it bothers me that he knows where I live. Crap. Now I have to kill him.

01-10-2012 05:55 PM #2

Vehicles
      2013 Focus - turbo edition
      01-10-2012 05:56 PM #3
      Dang that's messed up. Now he will know whether you are home or not, and use this information to break into your house and snoop around.

I'm not helping, am I?
      Quote Originally Posted by feliks View Post
      I do not want to think what would have happened, if as a result of the vibrations, the resulting leaks in the fuel pool and the water came out of it ... Almost as a result of radiation inside the building and its three filling remains, you can not to re-seal it. ..

Therefore, even mild disturbances such methods may be used: diamond cut rope ..

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      01-10-2012 05:56 PM #4
      follow him

5. 01-10-2012 05:57 PM #5
      Doesn't look like this does he?

You are going to wake up in the morning to get your cup of coffee/tea/OJ and find his ass parked on your sofa...

6. 01-10-2012 05:57 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot762 View Post
      This dude is weird .
      Sounds like he is just a piss poor stalker. I usually know a lot about co-workers/employees that I take an interest in. I call it intelligence gathering. I don't usually drive by and wave though. I'm not usually interested in when you mow your yard. My interests tend to be more driven by mining public information in order to know if you are bull ****ting me.
      Last edited by winstonsmith84; 01-10-2012 at 06:00 PM.

01-10-2012 05:58 PM #7
      Restraining order!

01-10-2012 06:02 PM #8
      Yes it bothers me that he knows where I live. Crap. Now I have to kill him.
      I'm bothered FOR you.

Does this guy work for you, above you, or are you just on the same level at work?

If for you or at the same level - i'd sit that ****er down and inform him about how you like your home life and work life to remain separate, and it is hard to do that with a workmate stalking you. I wouldn't beat around the bush.

9. 01-10-2012 06:05 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      Doesn't look like this does he?

You are going to wake up in the morning to get your cup of coffee/tea/OJ and find his ass parked on your sofa...

It's funny because he looks A LOT like that. I'm his supervisor. I don't know if I should be worried about him breaking in or not but I am worried about him stopping by while I'm not home and scaring my wife. Not that I think he would do anything to her but I just feel like he would try to talk to her and that would freak her out.

Vehicles
      too many audis
      01-10-2012 06:06 PM #10
      monkey see monkey do.. camp out in front of his house untill he comes outside and then speed away..

or just leave incredibly vague and random notes on his door, or car "do you like diet peach snapple?"

11. 01-10-2012 06:06 PM #11
      Maybe he impregnated your wife and he wants to watch his kid grow up.

12. Banned JacksSenseOfRejection's Avatar
      Vehicles
      1986 Volvo 240
      01-10-2012 06:07 PM #12
      Honestly it sounds like he has Asperger Syndrome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Vehicles
      Haldex AWD
      01-10-2012 06:07 PM #13
      That is just SO damn creepy!
      Quote Originally Posted by KyleC
      ...Subaru has proven beyond a reasonable doubt any round, rubber-ish object that holds a bit of air...will get you through the snow just fine, but only if it is attached to a vehicle with AWD/4WD.
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Never under estimate car buying public's insatiable appetite for plastic cladding.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      01-10-2012 06:09 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      I'm bothered FOR you.

Does this guy work for you, above you, or are you just on the same level at work?

If for you or at the same level - i'd sit that ****er down and inform him about how you like your home life and work life to remain separate, and it is hard to do that with a workmate stalking you. I wouldn't beat around the bush.
      Yes. Don't worry about being nice. I had a coworker once who did stuff like this - just incredibly inappropriate and didn't understand boundaries at all. He'd try to, for example, show up at my dinner parties and stuff. If he's this socially retarded, the snub won't work - you have to throw him against the wall a bit. Since you're his supervisor, you've got a lot of leverage; people have been fired for much less.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      04 R32
      01-10-2012 06:12 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      I'm bothered FOR you.

x2. Dont sit there and be scared for your life, pull him to the side tell him how you feel and tell him to back the **** off. Also get a gun.

16. 01-10-2012 06:31 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by volkstyle View Post
      x2. Dont sit there and be scared for your life, pull him to the side tell him how you feel and tell him to back the **** off. Also get a gun.
      I have many and my wife knows how to use them.

He knows I dislike him. He may just be doing those things to get to me. I feel like telling him to back off will make the situation worse. Right now he's just being nosey but I wouldn't put it past him to really up the level of creepiness if I tell him to **** off. He strikes me as the type to lash out when confronted and also as one to hold a grudge. He argues with someone at work almost daily and seems to remember every argument he's ever had with anyone. Hell we get into once a week or so.
      This is one of those situations where you can't take preemptive action...you just have to wait for something illegal to take place. He hasn't done anything I would really consider to be restraining order worthy.
      I feel like I'm stuck.

01-10-2012 06:39 PM #17
      You're his supervisor, can't you fire him on some BS, or everytime he does something creepy write him up on something?

18. 01-10-2012 06:43 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by 92skirmishgti View Post
      You're his supervisor, can't you fire him on some BS, or everytime he does something creepy write him up on something?
      I wish it were that easy. Firing goes through 4-5 different channels and has to be approved by a group of individuals from other departments....etc.. it's quite an ordeal to fire someone. However, I drove by his house 30 minutes after he saw me and now I know exactly where he lives. I'm thinking...

01-10-2012 06:45 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by JacksSenseOfRejection View Post
      Honestly it sounds like he has Asperger Syndrome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
      It does sound a bit like an ASD. Since you're his supervisor, perhaps you can get a release from him to gather medical information from his insurance company.

This could very well be a harmless imposition - though it is pretty spooky I'm sure. There may be a way to resolve this without taking drastic and uncomfortable measures.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      01-10-2012 06:46 PM #20
      Is your wife mega hot and thats why hes obsessed?

Quote Originally Posted by 92skirmishgti View Post
      That might push him over the edge.

Its not like he'd come in cut the baby from your wifes womb and raise the kid as his own or something..............

that sh*ts crazy man, be careful
      Quote Originally Posted by backinthegame View Post
      Plus, if it gets cold, you can close the door and start the car up. It'll heat the place up in no time to help you sleep.
      Team 7-Up Keepin It Fresh! [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] - Clever Response Loading.... Please wait.

21. 01-10-2012 06:53 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Sounds like he is just a piss poor stalker. I usually know a lot about co-workers/employees that I take an interest in. I call it intelligence gathering. I don't usually drive by and wave though. I'm not usually interested in when you mow your yard. My interests tend to be more driven by mining public information in order to know if you are bull ****ting me.
      This is one of my finest skills. I learned it while growing up in the restaurant industry and it's served me very well in the corporate world.

OP, that situation is just straight up creepy. Unfortunately, he's most likely a trolling member of OT and is reading this thread as we type.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

Vehicles
      '01 Sububaru Forester
      01-10-2012 06:56 PM #22
      This dude is weird...
      Dude, we live in the same state and I am suuuuuper creeped out for you and for myself living anywhere remotely near this guy.

This is like some SVU meets X-Files **** right here.
      steamID: GHOST[9] - [l4d/l4d2/CS:S] // PSN: GHOSTtoast85
      I read a lot of books. Cigars are tasty. I'm a big ole nerd.

23. 01-10-2012 06:57 PM #23
      I've decided to ignore it until it goes away...or he snaps and I have to kill him in self defense thus ending everyone's problems at work.
      He's a good worker...just weird and possibly unstable. Not sure I want to find out for sure. I've taken to ignoring him when he talks now. He will ask me the stupidest crap and he'll either get a straight face and no answer or a stupid answer that makes no sense at all until he gets so frustrated that he walks away. I pissed him off so bad today from ignoring him that he left 2 hours early.

On second thought:
      Gets pissed
      Leaves 2 hours early
      Drives by my house when he figures I'll be getting home
      Makes no effort to hide the fact that he saw me (Like he wanted me to know that he knows where I live)

I'm going to die tonight

Vehicles
      '01 Sububaru Forester
      01-10-2012 07:01 PM #24
      I'm going to die tonight
      *Turns on DC Metro news channel on TV, waits for real life event.*

I'm kidding, because I want you and your family safe.

TV still on, though.
      steamID: GHOST[9] - [l4d/l4d2/CS:S] // PSN: GHOSTtoast85
      I read a lot of books. Cigars are tasty. I'm a big ole nerd.

25. 01-10-2012 07:05 PM #25
      Yea, keep him busy in VA and out of the District proper...
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

26. 01-10-2012 07:06 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by peoples_car View Post
      This is one of my finest skills. I learned it while growing up in the restaurant industry and it's served me very well in the corporate world.

OP, that situation is just straight up creepy. Unfortunately, he's most likely a trolling member of OT and is reading this thread as we type.

You know...you say that like it's a joke but I know he's seen me on the Vortex before at work and I wouldn't put it past him to create an account and look for me. I had to make my facebook page impossible to look up or else I know he'd be e-stalking me. I might just go delete my facebook right now.

Vehicles
      04 R32
      01-10-2012 07:11 PM #27
      LOL man this is funny. My sister had a crazy boyfriend who she kicked out the car and he walked 15 miles to our house and asked for a ride home(he lived another 5 miles up). He later came at night and left notes that said "Mom is going to wake up mad" and " **** God, **** Coca Cola". It was a weird fealing not knowing if he was going to show up and if when. Yes we called the cops.

Vehicles
      2002 Nissan Frontier, mk1 cabby 16v
      01-10-2012 07:11 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by JacksSenseOfRejection View Post
      x2

This kid in school used to always hang around my car in the parking lot after school waiting for me to get out of class to talk about random ****. Found out he had aspergers from my teacher.

29. 01-10-2012 07:13 PM #29
      I almost **** my pants I laughed so f'in hard.

Vehicles
      Old Ford Truck
      01-10-2012 07:19 PM #30
      1. Get a shotgun
      2. Get a shovel
      3. ????????
      4. PROFIT!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      You should instead be praising the fact that life is so good, and safe that you can be afforded the luxury to be outraged by the death of one civilian, at the other end of the world. That's phenomenal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Harbaugh
      Who's got it better then us?!? ...... Nooooo-body!!!

Vehicles
      Hilde: 85 Golf 8v
      01-10-2012 07:22 PM #31
      shoot his ass in the kneecaps

problem solved
      Yeah, it's an 8v. If I wanted a sporty car, I'd buy an R.

Vehicles
      a gas guzzler and a econobox
      01-10-2012 07:25 PM #32
      well foxtrot you need to do a better job at outfoxing him,can I be frank with you,just looking a little I notice you join two sites on the same day just a short time apart,

this guy is closer to you than you think,use caution prepare for the worst and expect the best. you better start paying more attention to the details of your habits...
      indoctrinate through academia and media.
      why is that the ones that seek tolerance are the most intolerant.
      They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Vehicles
      (OoO)
      01-10-2012 07:26 PM #33
      Put a banana in his tailpipe.

Vehicles
      mk2 vr, mk4 vr
      01-10-2012 07:37 PM #34
      if your coworker really wanted to know where you lived, couldn't he have taken your plate# a long time ago?
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      Stay gold, ponygirl

35. 01-10-2012 07:37 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Der Schaltwerks View Post
      Put a banana in his tailpipe.
      Is that a metaphor?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast