Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weirdo from work knows where I live

1. 02-10-2012 01:41 PM #106
      We had a talk and he backed off.
      He started asking about my wife again so I took the opportunity to tell him I thought it was inappropriate that he was taking such an interest in my family and then I told him I didn't want him following me anymore.
      He didn't really have much to say but since then he's really stopped being so creepy...at least towards me. We were actually cracking jokes the other day. I'm still trying to maintain that sense of authority while also being a nice guy. I'm keeping him at arms length.

Vehicles
      That there's an RV, Clark
      02-10-2012 02:30 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by JacksSenseOfRejection View Post
      Honestly it sounds like he has Asperger Syndrome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

3. 10-05-2012 07:02 PM #108
      Bringing this back due to other weird guy at work being upset with me.

What is it about my company that hires weirdos? We hired this guy 7 weeks ago and he really hasn't been working out. He's generally unable to do his job and is holding the team back. My supervisor and myself (assistant supervisor) have had 2 talks with him on (2) separate occasions about improving his performance. Apparently they didn't land because he didn't improve.

Well today I had to give him formal warning in the form of a Performance Improvement Plan form where I write out everything we have concerns about and then tell him he has 1 week to show immediate improvement or he's gone. We did this in front of my administrator and I'd say it went pretty well. He listened, apologized and seemed fine....until we left my admins office. At that point, he became secluded and weird. He stared at me from across the room like he was trying to burn a hole in my face and didn't say a word to me the rest of the day.
      Then for the last hour of work, he just stood outside in the parking lot chain smoking and staring at my car. He must have gone through 2 packs of cigarettes just staring at my car. Then one of my guys came inside and said he thought he saw the guy take a picture of my license plate.

WTF, man!? Grow the **** up!

I always have issues with the weirdos

By the way...27 years old. only child. home schooled most of his school career. Goes home and does nothing but play video games until bed
      Last edited by foxtrot762; 10-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.

4. 10-05-2012 07:46 PM #109
      Strange indeed. Speaking of strange, this guy sat down next to a buddy and I at Starbucks last night joining a stranger girl studying at a larger table talked in a high pitch voice, shook her hand numerous times and talked to and kissed a gumby like doll!!! I don't think his computer screen changed, and she left after 30 minutes. WTF???? Atleast he kissed it on the lips.....

Last edited by Ferris Buehler; 10-05-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      10-05-2012 07:48 PM #110
      ^^^ Stalker status?

6. 10-05-2012 08:03 PM #111
      I'm thinking decreased mental capacity in society. Poor girl was just unfortunate, he wasn't threatening but I swear actors in movies couldn't nail his voice. We couldn't save her and offer her some space because she needed more room than our tiny table.

Back to OP, seriously keep an eye on family.

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      10-05-2012 08:09 PM #112
      Is he a programmer? Programmers are usually secluded weird people lol

8. 10-05-2012 08:24 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoShima View Post
      Is he a programmer? Programmers are usually secluded weird people lol
      no. just some loner who grew up a "goth" kid and never really matured. He whines a lot, talks about how he knows mixed martial arts and likes guns. I feel sorry for him.

Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      10-05-2012 09:21 PM #114
      And if that did not alert the FBI I'm not sure what would.

Sent from the bar at the restaurant at the end of the universe.

10-05-2012 09:52 PM #115
      jesus ****balls. its as if i'm watching the prequel to next weeks news when this guy shoots the place up.

i'm not sure if you are just trying to play it cool but your last 2 posts have revealed quite a few red flags about oddball #2. be careful man.

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      10-05-2012 09:59 PM #116
      Likes guns and took a picture of your plate. Call me a what you'd like, but I'd be calling the police by now.

Vehicles
      a gas guzzler and a econobox
      10-05-2012 10:57 PM #117
      well make sure somebody can post for you..in case .you can't....do you own any weapons ...and watch your 6....specially when driving home....
      indoctrinate through academia and media.
      why is that the ones that seek tolerance are the most intolerant.
      They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

13. 10-05-2012 11:51 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by ogvr6 View Post
      well make sure somebody can post for you..in case .you can't....do you own any weapons ...and watch your 6....specially when driving home....
      Op has 762 in his username. He has guns. Or Pvt. Pyle was a liar.

14. 10-06-2012 10:12 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by titleist1976 View Post
      Likes guns and took a picture of your plate. Call me a what you'd like, but I'd be calling the police by now.
      I'll be filing a police report with campus police on Monday.

Yes, I have guns. I carry wherever I go.

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      10-06-2012 10:19 AM #120

10-06-2012 10:24 AM #121
      it sounds like your company hires weirdos, alright. and promotes them, apparently.

if i was senior management and i caught wind of your this here potentially-libelous public-forum-whining about your identifiable-by-your-detailed-description coworkers, i might be forced to deem YOU the weirdo and start gathering those four or five people required to start up the disciplinary/termination process.

seriously, dude. you are talking about WAAYYYY overreacting to some pretty dang ordinary workplace behaviors. were you promoted sheerly based on your raw, unpolished, mercurial skill? because a little bit of maturity and experience would go a long way here. you MUST learn how to deal with people better. especially underlings. these behaviors WILL bite you in the asz one day if you do not start showing growth in handling them.

if these stories ARE as lurid as you suggest, you are certainly in the wrong in how you've "handled" them. you sound like a paranoid dude who thinks the world has its eye on you, and frankly, as much as i laugh and cringe when this kind of talk gets thrown around on here by the keyboard brain MDs, it's possible YOU might be on the spectrum of social disorders based on your vivid anecdotes. if i were your boss and i learned of these episodes, i would most likely "TRY" to find cause to fire the two "weirdos" you described, because, if nothing else, they seem to waste time on mindless chatter and tangling up their bosses with visions of workplace drama.

but i'd have no choice but to see you as a liability. it'd be high time to find you either some quick, intensive training; a new role in the workplace away from "managing;" or a one way ticket to someone else's problemville.

10-06-2012 10:27 AM #122
      "campus police" ??????????

carry wherever you go? seriously? a guy with a gun is the fraidy-cat who's been posting this crap?

i obviously don't have all the details. are you law enforcement? are you on a campus? are the "coworkers" you describe students? faculty staff?

i don't like the idea of gun enthusiasts with concealed carry permits having this type of uncertainty and lack of confidence in dealing with their peers and colleagues. the gun is only ever going to be an extension of YOU.
      Last edited by roadtripper; 10-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Vehicles
      00 A6 Avant (current) 97 Gti 2.0 Kinetics Stage 2+ (sold)
      10-06-2012 10:42 AM #123
      #2 home schooled, loaner and has a fascination with guns. Stay away from this one or atleast get creepy guy #1 to stalk him for you and give you some intel.

19. 10-06-2012 03:14 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by roadtripper View Post
      it sounds like your company hires weirdos, alright. and promotes them, apparently.

if i was senior management and i caught wind of your this here potentially-libelous public-forum-whining about your identifiable-by-your-detailed-description coworkers, i might be forced to deem YOU the weirdo and start gathering those four or five people required to start up the disciplinary/termination process.

seriously, dude. you are talking about WAAYYYY overreacting to some pretty dang ordinary workplace behaviors. were you promoted sheerly based on your raw, unpolished, mercurial skill? because a little bit of maturity and experience would go a long way here. you MUST learn how to deal with people better. especially underlings. these behaviors WILL bite you in the asz one day if you do not start showing growth in handling them.

if these stories ARE as lurid as you suggest, you are certainly in the wrong in how you've "handled" them. you sound like a paranoid dude who thinks the world has its eye on you, and frankly, as much as i laugh and cringe when this kind of talk gets thrown around on here by the keyboard brain MDs, it's possible YOU might be on the spectrum of social disorders based on your vivid anecdotes. if i were your boss and i learned of these episodes, i would most likely "TRY" to find cause to fire the two "weirdos" you described, because, if nothing else, they seem to waste time on mindless chatter and tangling up their bosses with visions of workplace drama.

but i'd have no choice but to see you as a liability. it'd be high time to find you either some quick, intensive training; a new role in the workplace away from "managing;" or a one way ticket to someone else's problemville.

Vehicles
      Why don't you take a seat over there
      10-06-2012 04:17 PM #125
      Dead yet?
      Sent on a Post-It by way of carrier pigeon

21. 10-06-2012 05:26 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by White Jetta View Post
      Dead yet?
      Yes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234