All full-time, direct employees can participate in the Volkswagen Supplier Purchase Program. Employees must work at a U.S. location. Contract employees or employees of subsidiaries, unless otherwise agreed upon, are not eligible. If you have eligibility questions, please contact Program Headquarters.
Last edited by XM_Rocks; 01-11-2012 at 04:21 PM.
6 - Vehicle Eligibility
Final vehicle availability is determined by the participating Dealers. Dealers are not required to sell you a vehicle from their stock or order bank if the vehicle is in short supply.
hmm you cannot configure a 4-door base on vw.com ... how can people order those?
I have a deposit on it and I'm cancelling my order tomorrow.
"I know that my company is involved in the Supplier Purchase Program, but I do not know my company number. How do I get it?
Check your company’s internal Web site, if applicable, to see if our program information is posted. If not, contact your Human Resources department or Corporate Benefits department to obtain your company number and/or contact Program Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.364.7910."
So I called a local dealer and they agreed on ordering a golf R at the supplier purchase price (which the certificate clearly states as Invoice - $500).
The salesperson seemed to not know too much about the Golf R originally though, and had to call me back after speaking with manager. Once they did, they told me they could honor the price, but that it would take 3 months to get the R.
Does that timeframe of getting it sometime in April make sense if I were to order the Golf today?
I wouldn't want some run around where they agree on a price, say that they order one, and come back to me a couple months later and say "oh, all our allocations were gone back in January".
Order placed and marked as sold: 12/17/2011 ($1,000 deposit)
Dealer's December allocation assigned to my order: 12/19/2011 ('Factory Order Bank' status)
Assigned production week: 08/2012 (Week 8 of 2012)
My assigned production week has since slipped to: 12/2012 (Week 12 of 2012)
I do not expect to have my car until late April at the earliest.
ok.... I have another dealer that has a car available for me now, and is willing to give me $500 more than they initially offered on my trade-in but they would be asking for MSRP on the R. On the other hand, I have this local dealer that has agreed to do the supplier discount price (Invoice - $500), but will probably give me the average auction value for the trade-in, and I'd have to wait however long it takes to get the R.
Since the MSRP vs Invoice asking price on the R isn't that large, at the end of the day, I'm looking at about $1500 saved by waiting till summertime to get the R verses purchasing the R that is available NOW at MSRP
Last edited by Angina; 01-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.
If you do wait for the R then that will give you plenty of time to sell your curent vehicle privately and save even more $$$ for mods or whatever else you wish to spend it on
MSRP - $36860
Invoice - $35417
Invoice - $500 = $34917
MSRP/Supplier Discount Difference: $1943
But then I'm assuming they wouldn't give me the $500 kicker on the value of my trade-in that this other dealer is willing to do (in addition to however much my car drops in trade-in value 4-5 months from now), So, ultimately I think of it as $1942-$500 = Roughly $1500 saved
Plus, I do not want to deal with a private sale. Timing the sale to coincide with when my R order will arrive will be horrendous, and I can't be without a car...