Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 64

    Thread: purchase price?

    1. Member autofi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2011
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      554
      Vehicles
      urquattro,Golf R,4000q,EvoIX
      01-11-2012 03:59 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by brakedust View Post
      What did you guys end up paying for yours? MSRP? MSRP+?

      I'm curious.
      Well under MSRP!

    2. Member rawlmark's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Erie, CO
      Posts
      910
      Vehicles
      2011 Routan SE w/RSE & Navigation, 2004 Wrangler Sport
      01-11-2012 04:06 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by DaLeadBull View Post
      Can you get the discount if your father works for a vw supplier?
      From www.vw-supplier.com

      Program Details

      1. Eligibility

      All full-time, direct employees can participate in the Volkswagen Supplier Purchase Program. Employees must work at a U.S. location. Contract employees or employees of subsidiaries, unless otherwise agreed upon, are not eligible. If you have eligibility questions, please contact Program Headquarters.

    3. Member Alive By time's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2006
      Location
      North San Diego
      Posts
      4,965
      Vehicles
      12' CW 4DR Golf [R] (SOLD) 13' RB 4DR Golf R
      01-11-2012 04:06 PM #28
      How much is considered "well under"? If you dont mind sharing?
      Blue One

    4. Member XM_Rocks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2005
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      10,258
      Vehicles
      E90 335i and MK6 Golf
      01-11-2012 04:08 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic! View Post
      www.vw-supplier.com

      There is a list of all affiliated companies.
      I just looked and my company is on the website.

      Is the $35,417 for a loaded 4 door including destination? I am showing somewhere around $34,900 incl destination for supplier discount.

      Also anyone using Friends and Family Discount?
      Last edited by XM_Rocks; 01-11-2012 at 04:21 PM.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2004
      Location
      South
      Posts
      2,401
      Vehicles
      2004 MKIV R32, 2007 Wolfsburg Passat, 2015 Golf R
      01-11-2012 04:09 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by iThread View Post
      No, I was upfront about it ahead of time and asked if they'd honor it assuming that VWoA didn't exclude the Golf R from the program.
      Just pulled up my supplier cert. Looks like you got a good dealer to work with!

      6 - Vehicle Eligibility

      Final vehicle availability is determined by the participating Dealers. Dealers are not required to sell you a vehicle from their stock or order bank if the vehicle is in short supply.

    6. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,903
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      01-11-2012 04:10 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
      I just looked and my company is on the website.

      Is the $35,417 for a loaded 4 door including destination?
      yes that includes the $770 destination.

    7. Member autofi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2011
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      554
      Vehicles
      urquattro,Golf R,4000q,EvoIX
      01-11-2012 04:27 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Alive By time View Post
      How much is considered "well under"? If you dont mind sharing?
      4D base @ invoice all included except sales tax of course!

    8. Member SCHWAB0's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2004
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      4,525
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      01-11-2012 04:46 PM #33
      hmm you cannot configure a 4-door base on vw.com ... how can people order those?
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T
      FS: '12 Golf R Parts!!!!

    9. Member BigmountainVMD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia
      Posts
      675
      Vehicles
      1999 Saab 9-3, 2012 Golf R Rising Blue
      01-11-2012 04:52 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Jay07GLI View Post
      ^ I would highly doubt that #. That is less than dealer holdback.

      I got my loaded 4 door for $35,817, $400 above invoice. Probably could have done a little better but I was in a generous mood
      Like I said, "Close to 34" I would count anything within 800 of that as close

      + 700 for destination and that puts me in that mid 35 range

    10. Member autofi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2011
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      554
      Vehicles
      urquattro,Golf R,4000q,EvoIX
      01-11-2012 04:54 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by brakedust View Post
      hmm you cannot configure a 4-door base on vw.com ... how can people order those?
      With your salesman you can order it as a sold order only!

    11. Member SCHWAB0's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2004
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      4,525
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      01-11-2012 05:34 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by autofi View Post
      With your salesman you can order it as a sold order only!
      damn, then I was negotiating for the wrong car. .... if anyone wants a 4-door base in CT this week for $33,977 go here: http://*******/KH1dx

      I have a deposit on it and I'm cancelling my order tomorrow.
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T
      FS: '12 Golf R Parts!!!!

    12. Junior Member 6~pack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Portland, OR
      Posts
      70
      Vehicles
      04 R32
      01-11-2012 06:17 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic! View Post
      www.vw-supplier.com

      There is a list of all affiliated companies.

      How do you get your company's customer number? I work for Office Depot and they are on the list also.

    13. Member MonkeyMagic!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 1st, 2011
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      226
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R (On Order)
      01-11-2012 06:35 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by 6~pack View Post
      How do you get your company's customer number? I work for Office Depot and they are on the list also.
      From the FAQ on the Website:

      "I know that my company is involved in the Supplier Purchase Program, but I do not know my company number. How do I get it?

      Check your company’s internal Web site, if applicable, to see if our program information is posted. If not, contact your Human Resources department or Corporate Benefits department to obtain your company number and/or contact Program Headquarters at supplierpurchaseplan@vw.com or 703.364.7910."

    14. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,903
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      01-11-2012 07:05 PM #39
      So I called a local dealer and they agreed on ordering a golf R at the supplier purchase price (which the certificate clearly states as Invoice - $500).

      The salesperson seemed to not know too much about the Golf R originally though, and had to call me back after speaking with manager. Once they did, they told me they could honor the price, but that it would take 3 months to get the R.

      Does that timeframe of getting it sometime in April make sense if I were to order the Golf today?

    15. Global Moderator iThread's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2005
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      19,498
      Vehicles
      67 Bug, 92 Miata, 12 Golf R, 15 eGolf
      01-11-2012 07:06 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      So I called a local dealer and they agreed on ordering a golf R at the supplier purchase price (which the certificate clearly states as Invoice - $500).

      The salesperson seemed to not know too much about the Golf R originally though, and had to call me back after speaking with manager. Once they did, they told me they could honor the price, but that it would take 3 months to get the R.

      Does that timeframe of getting it sometime in April make sense if I were to order the Golf today?
      I'd not count on it.

    16. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,903
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      01-11-2012 07:21 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by iThread View Post
      I'd not count on it.
      But a dealer can still order a R the way I want it right now, correct? I'm in no hurry to get it, but I would at least like the assurance that they can place an order.

      I wouldn't want some run around where they agree on a price, say that they order one, and come back to me a couple months later and say "oh, all our allocations were gone back in January".

    17. Global Moderator iThread's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2005
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      19,498
      Vehicles
      67 Bug, 92 Miata, 12 Golf R, 15 eGolf
      01-11-2012 07:26 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      But a dealer can still order a R the way I want it right now, correct? I'm in no hurry to get it, but I would at least like the assurance that they can place an order.

      I wouldn't want some run around where they agree on a price, say that they order one, and come back to me a couple months later and say "oh, all our allocations were gone back in January".
      Yes, you can still order a R the way you want it right now. But, when you get it will depend on when your dealer gets another allocation for one.

    18. Member Hansi2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2011
      Location
      Glenville NY
      Posts
      168
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R CSG Base 4Dr
      01-11-2012 08:08 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by TanTheMan67 View Post
      I have in writing that MSRP + destination and nothing more. Guess we will find out if they hold their word in 2 weeks time!
      They paid my last 3 payments on my GTI and like $300 off msrp + dest

    19. n00b
      Join Date
      Dec 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Troy, MI
      Posts
      6
      01-11-2012 08:46 PM #44
      Happiness

    20. Member MonkeyMagic!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 1st, 2011
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      226
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R (On Order)
      01-11-2012 10:24 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by iThread View Post
      No, I was upfront about it ahead of time and asked if they'd honor it assuming that VWoA didn't exclude the Golf R from the program.
      This is what I did also.

    21. Member MonkeyMagic!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 1st, 2011
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      226
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R (On Order)
      01-11-2012 10:30 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      So I called a local dealer and they agreed on ordering a golf R at the supplier purchase price (which the certificate clearly states as Invoice - $500).

      The salesperson seemed to not know too much about the Golf R originally though, and had to call me back after speaking with manager. Once they did, they told me they could honor the price, but that it would take 3 months to get the R.

      Does that timeframe of getting it sometime in April make sense if I were to order the Golf today?
      If you ordered today, assuming your dealer gets allocation this month, I would expect your car to probably arrive in May. That's my estimate based on my order:

      Order placed and marked as sold: 12/17/2011 ($1,000 deposit)
      Dealer's December allocation assigned to my order: 12/19/2011 ('Factory Order Bank' status)
      Assigned production week: 08/2012 (Week 8 of 2012)
      My assigned production week has since slipped to: 12/2012 (Week 12 of 2012)

      I do not expect to have my car until late April at the earliest.

    22. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,903
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      01-11-2012 10:36 PM #47
      ok.... I have another dealer that has a car available for me now, and is willing to give me $500 more than they initially offered on my trade-in but they would be asking for MSRP on the R. On the other hand, I have this local dealer that has agreed to do the supplier discount price (Invoice - $500), but will probably give me the average auction value for the trade-in, and I'd have to wait however long it takes to get the R.

      Since the MSRP vs Invoice asking price on the R isn't that large, at the end of the day, I'm looking at about $1500 saved by waiting till summertime to get the R verses purchasing the R that is available NOW at MSRP

      decisions decsions.....
      Last edited by Angina; 01-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.

    23. Member MonkeyMagic!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 1st, 2011
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      226
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R (On Order)
      01-11-2012 10:51 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      ok.... I have another dealer that has a car available for me now, and is willing to give me $500 more than they initially offered on my trade-in but they would be asking for MSRP on the R. On the other hand, I have this local dealer that has agreed to do the supplier discount price (Invoice - $500), but will probably give me the average auction value for the trade-in, and I'd have to wait however long it takes to get the R.

      Since the MSRP vs Invoice asking price on the R isn't that large, at the end of the day, I'm looking at about $1500 saved by waiting till summertime to get the R verses purchasing the R that is available NOW at MSRP

      decisions decsions.....
      I'm not 100% sure on what the invoice price is at this time, I have yet to have that conversation with the dealer. However, I think that invoice - $500 would be closer to $2,000 saved than $1,500.

      If you do wait for the R then that will give you plenty of time to sell your curent vehicle privately and save even more $$$ for mods or whatever else you wish to spend it on

    24. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,903
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      01-11-2012 11:07 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic! View Post
      I'm not 100% sure on what the invoice price is at this time, I have yet to have that conversation with the dealer. However, I think that invoice - $500 would be closer to $2,000 saved than $1,500.

      If you do wait for the R then that will give you plenty of time to sell your curent vehicle privately and save even more $$$ for mods or whatever else you wish to spend it on
      The below prices all include $770 destination:
      MSRP - $36860
      Invoice - $35417
      Invoice - $500 = $34917
      MSRP/Supplier Discount Difference: $1943
      But then I'm assuming they wouldn't give me the $500 kicker on the value of my trade-in that this other dealer is willing to do (in addition to however much my car drops in trade-in value 4-5 months from now), So, ultimately I think of it as $1942-$500 = Roughly $1500 saved

      Plus, I do not want to deal with a private sale. Timing the sale to coincide with when my R order will arrive will be horrendous, and I can't be without a car...

    25. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,903
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      01-11-2012 11:11 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      The below prices all include $770 destination:
      MSRP - $36860
      Invoice - $35417
      Invoice - $500 = $34917
      MSRP/Supplier Discount Difference: $1943
      But then I'm assuming they wouldn't give me the $500 kicker on the value of my trade-in that this other dealer is willing to do (in addition to however much my car drops in trade-in value 4-5 months from now), So, ultimately I think of it as $1942-$500 = Roughly $1500 saved

      Plus, I do not want to deal with a private sale. Timing the sale to coincide with when my R order will arrive will be horrendous, and I can't be without a car...
      Basically looking it as paying $1500 to get it early and have 4-5 earlier months of bliss. The car I'm trading away is currently in great condition, but I don't know what will happen to it 4 months down the line, and it's a gas guzzler so I want to get rid of it ASAP.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •