VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What's the latest on the 2013 Beetle convertible ?

26K views 159 replies 29 participants last post by  gulmargha 
#1 · (Edited)
November, 2011 auto magazines sound so certain that it will be out for this Spring?
Is this even possible noting that the hard-tops are still only trickling out? I wish 'The
Cadenza Man' would update us on this.

#66 ·
Back from the LA Auto Show, the beetle convertible is delightful in person, though the european R line made me very very envious of the climatronic :).

I'll post awesome pictures tonight when I return from work, feel free to ask any questions or post up your impressions if you pay with them too.

#69 ·
Well I am sold, however the wheels for the diesel models are depressing.

Anyone willing to bet how much to get the other wheels after purchase? I doubt a dealer will swap, but I am really not liking the wheels on the diesel.

I would not mind either a toffee/tan/tan with the classic, turbo, or disc, wheels. Then again, an all black beetle tdi with the classic wheels would be so retro (for us old guys)

#74 ·
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=0597e8807240c052&sid=8AYsWjZi0ZMmVP

At the Motor4Toys Event, Woodland Hills California. Vert from Van Nuys Vw.

JUST CLICK ON THE VIEW ALBUM, NO NEED TO LOG IN.....

KNEWBUG

Is it me or does anyone else feel that the tan interior is compromised by all the black plastic/trim/belts that just stand out? They could have at least done the belts if not the parking brake. I can understand some money savings but it makes the interior look disjointed. With three colors going at once. Also, whats with the black top cover? Its a tan top, shouldn't the cover be tan?

I was originally leaning towards toffee with tan interior and tan top but may just end up with an all black beetle which was my second choice. If I could get the toffee with a tan top but black leatherette interior I would go that route.

#73 ·
I saw lots of convertibles at the port today and a lot of them were Turbo models. Saw all the colors with red being the predominant color. Some were completely covered so I am not sure if any were the 60's or 70's models. There were 2 red ones being loaded on a carrier for delivery to a dealer. I was surprised at how many convertibles were there.

#78 ·
Will be test driving on here in Atlanta today weather permitting, gasoline model. I am after a diesel, my color preference is toffee with black top interior or black with black top and that two color interior. This would be on a top trim manual TDI.

Going to be trading a 2013 Mustang Convertible... can't have worth depreciation than my 2010 Golf but it will be bad

#83 ·
Went to the local dealer to borrow their strut spreader tool and got to see my first vert in person! Very sharp looking! It was a red 2.5L and had the spoiler on the back

It's weird because the vert's spoiler was body color matched on top and black on bottom which is opposite of my turbo spoiler...

#85 ·
I am curious if the first batch has anything but red/tan cars?

I do not like the tan interior because far too many components are still black. However I do love those seats in the Turbo models; which is the one I took out for a test drive.

I have told my dealer to find me a stick shift TDI in Toffee with a black interior and top having the navigation package. Currently they say there is no TDI in the pipeline but all they can do is place an order. (JE in Marietta).

I contacted VW USA and they replied late last night that TDIs will be available for order in January.

#90 ·
My wife and I stopped by a dealer today that had 3 convertibles. A red/tan turbo, a 50's black/black and a 60's blue with the blue/black seats (just over 33k sticker). The 60's was still wrapped in it's shipping cocoon but the drivers window was unzipped as well as the windshield. Nice looking car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.