Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 298 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONE & ONLY 2012 Politics/Election Thread

Vehicles
      WRB ZC6L
      01-20-2012 11:28 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post
      I am not responsible for your clear lack of comprehension. Had you asked the question in a civil manner you might have gotten a civil answer.
      Forget it. You're either being intentionally belligerent by ignoring my point, or you're incompetent. Either way, I'm done.
      14 torque-less wonder | 08 sorority special | seventwosix | flickr

01-20-2012 11:30 AM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
      Forget it. You're either being intentionally belligerent by ignoring my point, or you're incompetent. Either way, I'm done.
      We can only hope.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      WRB ZC6L
      01-20-2012 11:36 AM #73
      We can only hope.
      Not going anywhere, cranky pants.

01-20-2012 11:37 AM #74
      Would you two old women stop clucking and we can get back to the hyperbolic political vitriol that we all know and love?

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      01-20-2012 11:40 AM #75
      I think the arbitrary connections I make between Romney and Obama are getting more amusing by the day. Now his critics are asking for him to release his tax returns. Barry (POTUS, not the user) can be his shoulder to cry on.

Vehicles
      WRB ZC6L
      01-20-2012 11:48 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I think the arbitrary connections I make between Romney and Obama are getting more amusing by the day. Now his critics are asking for him to release his tax returns. Barry (POTUS, not the user) can be his shoulder to cry on.

His comment last night about "I won't apologize for being successful" was stellar.

Vehicles
      2000 Acura TL 3.2, 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      01-20-2012 11:50 AM #77

What I don't understand about this is we are supposed to be a party of Republicans, typically assumed that their are a lot of rich among us, why would it matter if Romney is loaded? We already know he's a businessman and a part time politician.

He should come out and just say I am rich because I have invested in America and it has paid off. Discussion would be over at that point. Hell Democrat politicians are just as rich as republican politicians and we all know that.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      01-20-2012 11:52 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by rsj0714 View Post
      What I don't understand about this is we are supposed to be a party of Republicans, typically assumed that their are a lot of rich among us, why would it matter if Romney is loaded? We already know he's a businessman and a part time politician.

He should come out and just say I am rich because I have invested in America and it has paid off. Discussion would be over at that point. Hell Democrat politicians are just as rich as republican politicians and we all know that.
      This is where the other Republicans will play up the folksy bullcrap about how they're just like the everyman, except with a few million in the bank instead of a few billion.

Vehicles
      2000 Acura TL 3.2, 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      01-20-2012 11:55 AM #79
      This is where the other Republicans will play up the folksy bullcrap about how they're just like the everyman, except with a few million in the bank instead of a few billion.

No one in the group is a billionaire, but they are all millionaires.

It didn't matter when Donald Trump was in the race. If I was Mitt I would admit personal wealth and move on, hell Jon Huntsman is loaded and his Dad is a Billionaire business owner.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      01-20-2012 06:15 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
      ...BOTH sides are responsible for the financial cluster**** we're in right now. ...

Abso-****ing-lutely!
      Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
      Furthermore Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this purveyor of bleep-bloop music was in fact staging a farce.
      Ukemafia.com

11. Member
      Vehicles
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      01-20-2012 08:11 PM #81
      So it appears Chuck Norris has endorsed Newt Gingrich for president.

Whelp....I guess everyone else might as well go on home.
      “The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn't make them Kobe Bryant" ~ Obama on ISIS

We are JIMP

Vehicles
      2010 Toyota Prius V, 1996 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4
      01-20-2012 08:39 PM #82
      Chuck Norris recently endorsed frigging World of Warcraft. He is old news.

James May > Chuck Norris.
      Esi ϟ Disi

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      01-20-2012 09:00 PM #83
      I wondered what happened to this thread. No one reads stickied threads!
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      01-20-2012 10:50 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      So much for the "Ron Paul Surge"

A distant 3rd in SC.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1590.html

A distant 4th in FL.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1597.html

I honestly have no strong opinions on Ron Paul either way but by the way his supporters flood seemingly every internet forum I would have thought the man had more support then that.
      Getting back on topic, haven't Paul's percentages beat his poll numbers in both his 3rd place Iowa and 2nd place NH finish? One of the CNN SC polls (not sure if it was included in the Real Clear poll of polls thing) ended up by result of phone poll, supposedly not design, only polling white males over the age of 50. That's not Paul's best demographic.

Polls being what they are, Paul could still do well tonight.(Not a supporter).

15. Member
      01-21-2012 10:33 AM #85
      The GOP field is a Rorschach test made from fecal matter. If you're yakking about what the shape looks like to you, but ignoring the smells-like-sh*t factor, something's wrong with you.

01-21-2012 06:13 PM #86
      SC could be the beginning of the end for Romney. Thank God. Newt would be better in debates and make the Fall interesting at the very least. Romney is too ****ing low key and 'bleh' to set off any fireworks.

I like my politics like I like my women. A hot mess with little substance.

01-21-2012 06:16 PM #87
      I thought you liked everything about her, butterface.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      01-21-2012 07:59 PM #88
      Big win for Gingrich if those exit polls are close to accurate. What I'm curious about is whether this is the end for Santorum? He did come out tied in Iowa, but Gingrich will probably be even more adament about solidifying a 'conservative' bloc of voters.

Still, even after today Gingrich will be well behind in the delegate count (probably still 3rd behind Romney and Paul?).

01-21-2012 09:02 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Big win for Gingrich if those exit polls are close to accurate. What I'm curious about is whether this is the end for Santorum? He did come out tied in Iowa, but Gingrich will probably be even more adament about solidifying a 'conservative' bloc of voters.

Still, even after today Gingrich will be well behind in the delegate count (probably still 3rd behind Romney and Paul?).
      I bet Gingrich is promising Santorum a VP nod to excuse himself and endorse, while Mitt is doing something similar (though not VP) for a bow out and endorsement. Newt has the upper hand in that Santorum's views align more closely with his (perhaps not socially in their entirety), he has the momentum, and they appear to be political friends.

Paul will likely run as an independent. Contrary to what news pundits and clueless ideologues are saying, he will steal as many votes from Dems as Reps, so it would be a wash in that respect. However, he could also pose a formidable challenge due to the 'sleeping majority', or those that mobilized for Obama's 'change' last election but remain disillusioned. Paul has been confined to only the Republican format right now, but could do some real damage in the fall as a Bull Moose type candidate with less party constraint (re: 'loyalty'). Paul would be much more of a contender than someone like Perot - since the latter's ideas seemed to line up more with the Right than Left.
      Last edited by butterface; 01-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Vehicles
      2010 Toyota Prius V, 1996 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4
      01-21-2012 09:20 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      Paul will likely run as an independent.
      Better get the "Paul Lied" sigs and signs ready, if so.
      Esi ϟ Disi

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      01-21-2012 09:25 PM #91
      well it will more than likely be Romney or Gingrich...but then again who the hell knows they way these primaries are bouncing all over the place. who ever wins though be prepared its gonna be a blood fest no matter who wins the Presidential elec.
      I can't find myself supporting anybody which makes it so interesting to watch and not suffer anxiety over it
      The world is supposed to end in Dec anyway so at least we'll go out with a bang
      Any VWs made after 92 are usually only good for drive train donors.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      01-22-2012 12:10 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.FOH!! View Post
      Being that I'm a Republican, it's ok though. It's like black folks using the N word.
      Really?
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      01-22-2012 01:08 AM #93
      I'm in a similar boat with not having a vested interest in voting for any of them, so I too am enjoying the unpredictability of it all.

Butterface has been confident that Gingrich would outdebate Obama given the opportunity, so I wouldn't mind a chance to see if that plays out. Personally I think Gingrich has fiery rhetoric, but is hypocritical or wrong in substance. Obama had an easy go against McCain, but I think given the opportunity he could prove to be a great debator in the vein of Clinton or Reagan.

I hope we can all agree Romney would probably get his butt handed to him.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      01-22-2012 01:21 AM #94
      I'm in a similar boat with not having a vested interest in voting for any of them, so I too am enjoying the unpredictability of it all.

Butterface has been confident that Gingrich would outdebate Obama given the opportunity, so I wouldn't mind a chance to see if that plays out. Personally I think Gingrich has fiery rhetoric, but is hypocritical or wrong in substance. Obama had an easy go against McCain, but I think given the opportunity he could prove to be a great debator in the vein of Clinton or Reagan.

I hope we can all agree Romney would probably get his butt handed to him.

Vehicles
      82 Rabbit 1.8L, 84 Rabbit GTI 20vBT Swap, 86 Audi 4000Q, 96 Audi A4Q V6, 02 Audi A4 1.8T
      01-22-2012 02:43 AM #95

What is something you learned last year that you are going to do differently this year?

01-22-2012 03:35 AM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Butterface has been confident that Gingrich would outdebate Obama given the opportunity, so I wouldn't mind a chance to see if that plays out.
      He would. And even many/most of the pundits think so too. Debate is an unteachable skill* in that an individual's substance can lack while his confidence still persuades. Newt exudes said confidence. Obama, on the other hand, doesn't have the patience for point to point combat and improvised rhetoric. He is a fantastic orator - no doubt - but only in the speech-giving sense.

*One can be taught the principles of debate, but still fail miserably in its execution.
      Last edited by butterface; 01-22-2012 at 03:37 AM.

27. Member
      01-22-2012 07:10 AM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      ...Debate is an unteachable skill* in that an individual's substance can lack while his confidence still persuades....
      Newt is a sociopath. Anyone who lies so often with such confidence can't be anything but. And so far, the only people he's managed to "persuade" are South Carolina Republicans, and given that state's history, I don't think they needed much persuadin'.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      01-22-2012 08:19 AM #98
      I haven't seen anything to make me think Newt would beat Obama in a one-on-one point-by-point debate, much less by the confidence Butterface has in such a large margin. Debate is absolutely a talent, but being a firebrand doesn't automatically make you a good debator.

Anyway, I was wrong in my assumption about the weight of SC in the primary process. Newt is projected at nearly as many delegates as Romney, and almost a tie in popular vote. FL has even more delegates, naturally due to its population. Santorum is 4th in delegates and popular vote. He's solidly gone, after he gets his chance to throw his weight behind someone (Newt) in FL anyway.

01-22-2012 09:09 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8TRabbit View Post
      From a Mo-Ron Paul supporter. That's some funny ****, right there.

Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      01-22-2012 09:11 AM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      Newt is a sociopath. Anyone who lies so often with such confidence can't be anything but. And so far, the only people he's managed to "persuade" are South Carolina Republicans, and given that state's history, I don't think they needed much persuadin'.
      I thought all poiliticians were?

01-22-2012 09:14 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by demonmk2 View Post
      I thought all poiliticians were?
      Newtron's especially bad. Can't seem to keep his lies straight, either. Getting his daughters to lie for him about the divorce was pretty snake-belly low.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      01-22-2012 09:31 AM #102
      Newtron's especially bad. Can't seem to keep his lies straight, either. Getting his daughters to lie for him about the divorce was pretty snake-belly low.
      how do you know the facts? Is it just because he's a republican? Have you ever gone through a Divorce.
      and it may be true but she came off as an angry ex-wife still holding grudge.

everyone of us has made questionable decisions in life not all of had been caught though.

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      01-22-2012 09:36 AM #103
      did you think of this with Clinton? or does he get a pass because he's a democrat?
      at least Newt does not denie He F'd up (not excusing him or supporting him)

01-22-2012 09:39 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by demonmk2 View Post
      did you think of this with Clinton? or does he get a pass because he's a democrat?
      at least Newt does not denie He F'd up (not excusing him or supporting him)
      Apologist is apologist.

Funny stuff.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      01-22-2012 09:42 AM #105
      you could come up with something better than that.
      But i guess it's hard to do when you try and base facts on "your" opinion.
      ahh, you must be a Liberal

Page 3 of 298 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast