Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 82 of 298 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
    Results 2,836 to 2,870 of 10411

Thread: The ONE & ONLY 2012 Politics/Election Thread

05-30-2012 02:56 PM #2836
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      And Romney's with Donald Trump at fundraiser while Trump is still beating the Birther drum. Should there be guilt-by-association for Romney for not adequately distancing himself from Trump on this?

It's a bit of commentary on the importance of money in getting elected that both candidates will pal around with celebrities with fringe political positions simply to keep the money coming in. Granted there is a Birther voter demographic that Romney needs to not lose votes from, but by definition I don't think they'd be voting for Obama instead.
      CNN has the same opinion on Romney buying his spot.

"Tonight, after six years of trying and millions of dollars spent, and after a year of tepid support against one of the weakest fields in history, Mitt Romney has finally secured enough delegates to become the Republican Party's presidential nominee," wrote Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee. "Romney may have finally gained enough delegates to become the nominee, but what's been truly remarkable about his path to the nomination is how much damage he's left in his wake as he enters the general election."
      CNN.com

2. Member
      Vehicles
      01 golf gls 1.8T
      05-30-2012 03:09 PM #2837
      And Romney's with Donald Trump at fundraiser while Trump is still beating the Birther drum. Should there be guilt-by-association for Romney for not adequately distancing himself from Trump on this?
      it's hard for me to understand what type of person 'looks up' to someone like trump. he's hard on the eyes (nice faux orange tan!), not particularly intelligent or worldly, got his money from his daddy, and he's a serial narcissist. i don't think the purple state independents romney needs to win a presidential election are influenced by a person like this, and the birther absurdity only makes him sound ridiculous. is there a poll in the country that makes an endorsement from this guy a positive?

05-30-2012 03:14 PM #2838
      Quote Originally Posted by petesell View Post
      it's hard for me to understand what type of person 'looks up' to someone like trump. he's hard on the eyes (nice faux orange tan!), not particularly intelligent or worldly, got his money from his daddy, and he's a serial narcissist. i don't think the purple state independents romney needs to win a presidential election are influenced by a person like this, and the birther absurdity only makes him sound ridiculous. is there a poll in the country that makes an endorsement from this guy a positive?
      If his head gets any bigger his wig will pop off.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      05-30-2012 03:29 PM #2839
      The Pauilites are still insistings Romeny hasn't clinched, that even the bound delegates don't have to vote for Romney at the Convention, and that Paul will still hadidly win the nomination in Tampa because Paul supporters have taken up all the delegate positions and plan to ignore the popular vote.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...omination.html
      Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
      Furthermore Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this purveyor of bleep-bloop music was in fact staging a farce.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA
      05-30-2012 03:32 PM #2840
      Quote Originally Posted by petesell View Post
      not only that but he isn't even a good businessman, he has declared bankruptcy like 6 times.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      05-30-2012 03:39 PM #2841
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      not only that but he isn't even a good businessman, he has declared bankruptcy like 6 times.
      Well, collecting cumulative billions from corporations you run, own, or are on the board for in salary and bonuses still makes you a 'shrewd' businessman in the sense of personal interest. Some of those businesses doing poorly and filing for bankruptcy protection is separate from that. I suppose it still means he's not a 'good' businessman.

05-30-2012 05:01 PM #2842
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      The Pauilites are still insistings Romeny hasn't clinched, that even the bound delegates don't have to vote for Romney at the Convention, and that Paul will still hadidly win the nomination in Tampa because Paul supporters have taken up all the delegate positions and plan to ignore the popular vote.

I love it.

So basically according to some supporters Ron Paul is only going to win the nomination because he had a handful of supports take advantage of the delegate process.... basically: Ron Paul 2012: GOP Candidate who only really got 12% of the popular vote.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-30-2012 05:41 PM #2843

The "bound" delegates aren't really bound, that is a fact, as per a statement from RNC lawyers. That being said, I reserve judgment till Tampa.
      Add me on FB and follow me on Instagram! | #TPG | #FLOSSfilthy | #V2LAB |

Always looking for cars in the NC/VA area for feature shoots! PM me!

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      05-30-2012 05:49 PM #2844
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      I love it.

So basically according to some supporters Ron Paul is only going to win the nomination because he had a handful of supports take advantage of the delegate process.... basically: Ron Paul 2012: GOP Candidate who only really got 12% of the popular vote.
      "They" insist that the projected delegate counts that everyone is using are a sham by the "Main Stream Media" and that the Romney/GOP establishment machine (tin foil hat time) has pulle doff an every-state voting cheat so large that Ron Paul has acutally won the popular vote in many states as well.
      Last edited by Sporin; 05-30-2012 at 05:53 PM.
      Furthermore Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this purveyor of bleep-bloop music was in fact staging a farce.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      05-30-2012 05:53 PM #2845
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      The "bound" delegates aren't really bound, that is a fact, as per a statement from RNC lawyers. That being said, I reserve judgment till Tampa.
      I made a whole thread on that forum where I vowed to stop arguing and trying to reason with the loons and told them to get out there and make it happen! If "they" are so sure that they can pull it off, then make it so! Should be no problem, right? Some of those guys are utterly, completely convinced they are right so why fight it?

So I am firmly on record as thinking Ron Paul's whole "Delegates" strategy is bunk. i think his supporters have built it up in their minds to such mythological proportions that they actually think winning delegates in a few small states will get them the nod. That somehow "infiltrating" is better then actually WINNING these state races. That these supposed "Constitutional Patriots" think that the popular vote is something to be subverted, and bypassed, based on their own tin-foil-hat rantings about "cheating."

Whatever. Everyone is allowed their own theories and opinions.

But the one thing I think is missing in all these discussions is that I would actually be FASCINATED if they pulled it off. I think it would be the most significant election event in US history.

I think the IMPLOSION this would cause in the GOP would be deeply interesting, historically catastrophic.

I already predict that the President will win reelection in a close race against Romney. But against Ron Paul? After pulling a delegate coup in Tampa against the GOP establishment? I think you'd see Ron Paul lose in landslide numbers that will set records.

But let's see it, make it happen Paulbots, bring on the show!
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA
      05-30-2012 05:57 PM #2846
      GOP will never allow ron paul to be there candidate. they will always come up with a reason he won't be it. fair, unfair, biased, unbiased ... they simply aren't going to let it happen.
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

05-30-2012 06:28 PM #2847
      "They" insist that the projected delegate counts that everyone is using are a sham by the "Main Stream Media" and that the Romney/GOP establishment machine (tin foil hat time) has pulle doff an every-state voting cheat so large that Ron Paul has acutally won the popular vote in many states as well.
      So to extend that logic then entire media complex along with hundreds of other publication sources are all part of a giant conspiracy meant to keep us mass citizens in the dark of the fact that the majority of this country clearly are screaming for Ron Paul. Oh and of course any polls on websites like this are clearly meaningless as well since you, me, and dozens of others must all the plants from the 2-party conspiracy agency.

If Ron Paul wins the nomination then IMO it is a clear sign the system really is broken because the popular vote has clearly been swept under the rug of a little understood political process. In other words Ron Paul will win by the very underhanded corrupt methods his advocates accuse others of using.
      Last edited by 2.0T_Convert; 05-30-2012 at 06:30 PM.

13. Member
      05-30-2012 06:53 PM #2848
      Exactly. This is far from over like the media would like to insist. According to the media Ron Paul still has not won a state but the facts are he has won quite a few. It is Ironic that the safeguards that were put in to keep the people from taking over the process are now going to be what put the people in control of the process. It makes me giggle

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-30-2012 07:21 PM #2849
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGninja View Post
      Exactly. This is far from over like the media would like to insist. According to the media Ron Paul still has not won a state but the facts are he has won quite a few. It is Ironic that the safeguards that were put in to keep the people from taking over the process are now going to be what put the people in control of the process. It makes me giggle
      is there a genre of political nutters you don't subscribe to?
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

05-30-2012 07:54 PM #2850
      I pledge to paypal $20 to a Ron Paul supporters fund if Ron Paul wins the nomination. Anyone care to bet?

We can start a CL pool

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-30-2012 07:57 PM #2851
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      I pledge to paypal $20 to a Ron Paul supporters fund if Ron Paul wins the nomination. Anyone care to bet?

We can start a CL pool
      Why would I want to waste my money?

I'll donate $20 to Food Not Bombs, instead
      Last edited by pentaxshooter; 05-30-2012 at 08:11 PM.

17. 05-30-2012 08:01 PM #2852
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      is there a genre of political nutters you don't subscribe to?
      Probably the group that thinks nominating Romney is sane.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      05-30-2012 09:02 PM #2853
      Don't get me wrong, Romney is a terrible candidate that won't be getting my vote either. It doesn't take away from the potential GOP Tampa Debacle though.
      Last edited by Sporin; 05-30-2012 at 09:11 PM.
      Ukemafia.com

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      05-30-2012 09:32 PM #2854
      GOP will never allow ron paul to be there candidate. they will always come up with a reason he won't be it. fair, unfair, biased, unbiased ... they simply aren't going to let it happen.
      How about the simple fact that he is horrible, that really should be enough.
      I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-30-2012 09:42 PM #2855
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      You're gonna have to expound on that. Horrible isn't exactly the most informative description.

21. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-30-2012 10:21 PM #2856
      Threads getting stale. Needs moar ad hominem attacks

22. 05-31-2012 03:22 AM #2857
      Romney is horrible, so how can it be?

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      05-31-2012 06:50 AM #2858
      Not that I'm defending the GOP, but what incentive should they have for "allowing" a guy who came in a pretty consistent 4th in the popular vote to be their candidate?

I think President Obama is(was?) one of the most "beatable" incumbents in a long time, based mostly on the economy. Yet the best the GOP could dredge up was Paul Newt, Santorum, and Willard?? That party is in serious need of smart, compassionate, thoughtful, inspiring people. It is devoid of leadership, it is fractured deeply, it is a mess.
      Ukemafia.com

24. Member
      05-31-2012 08:56 AM #2859
      House to Vote on Ron Paul Bill to Audit the Federal Reserve , Oh look Zombies!!! LOL

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ederal-reserve

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      05-31-2012 09:04 AM #2860
      I think President Obama is(was?) one of the most "beatable" incumbents in a long time, based mostly on the economy.
      Ehh... I guess if you repeat the same line enough, it will stick. If you take away the Republicans beating the drum for 3 years or so that Obama has failed on the economy, you see that the negative growth free fall stopped, and there's been steady positive growth since. Yes, not everyone is feeling the benefits of that positive growth and record corporate profits, but that's largely due to the capitalist machinations and policies that Republicans themselves advocate.

The US growth has gone on remarkably well considering the continued instability of the EU, which is a large trading partner.

Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA
      05-31-2012 09:16 AM #2861
      Not that I'm defending the GOP, but what incentive should they have for "allowing" a guy who came in a pretty consistent 4th in the popular vote to be their candidate?

I think President Obama is(was?) one of the most "beatable" incumbents in a long time, based mostly on the economy. Yet the best the GOP could dredge up was Paul Newt, Santorum, and Willard?? That party is in serious need of smart, compassionate, thoughtful, inspiring people. It is devoid of leadership, it is fractured deeply, it is a mess.
      because ron paul is equally dangerous if not more dangerous to the GOP then to democrats.

27. Member
      05-31-2012 09:17 AM #2862
      Ehh... I guess if you repeat the same line enough, it will stick. If you take away the Republicans beating the drum for 3 years or so that Obama has failed on the economy, you see that the negative growth free fall stopped, and there's been steady positive growth since. Yes, not everyone is feeling the benefits of that positive growth and record corporate profits, but that's largely due to the capitalist machinations and policies that Republicans themselves advocate.

The US growth has gone on remarkably well considering the continued instability of the EU, which is a large trading partner.
      They poured out a trillion gallons of water and barely got any in the glass. Fail.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      05-31-2012 09:42 AM #2863
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGninja View Post
      They poured out a trillion gallons of water and barely got any in the glass. Fail.
      I'd go with they got it in the top glasses, but not the bottom ones:

Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      05-31-2012 09:43 AM #2864

I'm an Obama supporter, you are preaching to the choir, but I still think that a really good candidate from the GOP could have beaten him (closely). Mitt is not that candidate, neither is Ron Paul. I thought Huntsman might be that guy, but he wasn't partisen/backwards enough for the current GOP, what with his support of science and all that.
      Ukemafia.com

30. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-31-2012 09:44 AM #2865

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      05-31-2012 10:18 AM #2866
      Quote Originally Posted by O_G View Post
      Romney is horrible, so how can it be?
      While he wouldn't be my first choice by a long shot I could at least live with Romney as President.
      I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-31-2012 10:52 AM #2867
      While he wouldn't be my first choice by a long shot I could at least live with Romney as President.
      I guess you like war.

05-31-2012 10:53 AM #2868
      I guess you like war.
      On this, you and I concur.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-31-2012 11:26 AM #2869
      Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post
      On this, you and I concur.
      Obama is just as bad on that, though.

05-31-2012 11:27 AM #2870
      Obama is just as bad on that, though.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Page 82 of 298 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast