Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 70 of 417 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
    Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 10411

Thread: The ONE & ONLY 2012 Politics/Election Thread

04-05-2012 09:37 AM #1726
      Quote Originally Posted by phofpower View Post
      Obviously not, since they wouldn't have the "problem" in the first place if they did. The biological primary purpose of intercourse is to procreate.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-05-2012 09:43 AM #1727
      Quote Originally Posted by phofpower View Post
      Obviously not, since they wouldn't have the "problem" in the first place if they did. The biological primary purpose of intercourse is to procreate.
      Which part of the COTUS is that?
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

04-05-2012 09:44 AM #1728
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Which part of the COTUS is that?
      The part that explains biology and sexual reproduction.

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-05-2012 09:51 AM #1729
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      Is that before or after the part that allows discrimination based on sexual orientation?

04-05-2012 09:52 AM #1730
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      No, that would be coitus, not COTUS.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-05-2012 09:57 AM #1731
      good 1

04-05-2012 09:58 AM #1732
      You people are awful straightmen.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Is that before or after the part that allows discrimination based on sexual orientation?
      You mean the whole thing?

The idea that an observation about basic biology isn't valid unless contained in the COTUS is so wide of the mark, I ssumed you intended a joke. You are hard to read that way.

8. Banned
      Vehicles
      Bus of God
      04-05-2012 10:23 AM #1733
      Wilder, please don't be bitter that you've been called out on several lies, it's unbecoming.

And it's not the women I called bloodthirsty, it's the folks in OT that are bloodthirsty because they resist any attempt to reduce abortions in this country. It sheds light on the lie that liberals put forth that nobody is in support of abortions and that everybody would like to see them decrease.

As for women knowing what they are killing. No, I don't think many women do... besides, I think it's only fair people look into the eyes of the person they are about to murder.

Remember Roe v Wade? Here is what change "Roe's" view on abortion -
      "I was sitting in O.R.'s offices when I noticed a fetal development poster. The progression was so obvious, the eyes were so sweet. It hurt my heart, just looking at them. I ran outside and finally, it dawned on me. 'Norma', I said to myself, 'They're right'. I had worked with pregnant women for years. I had been through three pregnancies and deliveries myself. I should have known. Yet something in that poster made me lose my breath. I kept seeing the picture of that tiny, 10-week-old embryo, and I said to myself, that's a baby! It's as if blinders just fell off my eyes and I suddenly understood the truth — that's a baby!

I felt crushed under the truth of this realization. I had to face up to the awful reality. Abortion wasn't about 'products of conception'. It wasn't about 'missed periods'. It was about children being killed in their mother's wombs. All those years I was wrong. Signing that affidavit, I was wrong. Working in an abortion clinic, I was wrong. No more of this first trimester, second trimester, third trimester stuff. Abortion — at any point — was wrong. It was so clear. Painfully clear."

A similar story follows Bernard Nathanson, Co founder NARAL -
      Bernard said that the development of quality ultrasound technology and a class in perinatology brought him face to face with the personality of the pre-born child. Then he knew abortion is the murder of an individual human being. He said, “Even as an atheist I knew that it was just wrong.”

Again, the sad truth that is now coming to light is that pro-abortionists want to keep women ignorant of what they are about to do in order to ensure the killing of babies continues.

Many blessings,
      JIMP

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-05-2012 10:26 AM #1734
      What are these lies? False accusations JIMP, when did Jesus do that?

10. Banned
      Vehicles
      Bus of God
      04-05-2012 11:20 AM #1735
      Wilder, I don't see much of a benefit in rehashing your false quotes from Santorum, claims and quotes from the founding fathers regarding deism or any other false claim you've made. I can only assume you're either lying again or you suffer from some form of amnesia (which would explain your poor understanding of history, though you claimed to be a history major). Feel free to have the last word on this issue, I won't engage.

I'd rather forgive you for your mistakes and pray we all move forward with a spirit of truth seeking. After all, and to pull this conversation back on topic, Santorum and Romney actually say and do plenty of stupid things without your help.

Blessings,
      JIMP

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-05-2012 11:42 AM #1736
      Ah the self righteous Jesus. Which book of the bible was that in?
      Last edited by A.Wilder; 04-05-2012 at 11:46 AM.

04-05-2012 11:53 AM #1737
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus is my pilot
      I won't engage.

Blessings,
      JIMP

Right.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Honda Fit Sport
      04-05-2012 11:53 AM #1738
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus is my pilot View Post

As for women knowing what they are killing. No, I don't think many women do.

Women know exactly what they're doing when they walk into a place looking to have an abortion. The laws in some states that force women to view an ultrasound, hear the doctor describe the fetus, and waiting periods for having the procedure are just ways to try to shame women out of having an abortion.

If anti-choice people were truly concerned about the number of abortions in this country, they would go to the root source of the issue: the pregnancy itself. Reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies, and you will reduce the number of abortions. Unfortunately, the same people who claim to be vehemently opposed to abortion are also the ones blocking sex-education courses in schools, and against the distribution and use of contraception.

Seems to me there are a large number of people in the anti-choice camp that aren't concerned so much with reducing the number of unplanned pregnancies (and by extension, the number of abortions). Rather, they're just looking to punish women for having sex.

04-05-2012 11:56 AM #1739
      Quote Originally Posted by Mooosman View Post
      If anti-choice people were truly concerned about the number of abortions in this country, they would go to the root source of the issue: the pregnancy itself. Reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies, and you will reduce the number of abortions. Unfortunately, the same people who claim to be vehemently opposed to abortion are also the ones blocking sex-education courses in schools, and against the distribution and use of contraception.
      I'd think that they'd line up for adoption, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Seems they only like to protect the unborn child.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      04-05-2012 11:58 AM #1740

10,000 inside, 2000 who couldnt get in.
      Add me on FB and follow me on Instagram! | #TPG | #FLOSSfilthy | #V2LAB |

Always looking for cars in the NC/VA area for feature shoots! PM me!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Honda Fit Sport
      04-05-2012 12:10 PM #1741
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      10,000 inside, 2000 who couldnt get in.
      Ron Paul rally? How cute.

Call me when he can pack 80,000+ into a real stadium

04-05-2012 12:36 PM #1742

Women know exactly what they're doing when they walk into a place looking to have an abortion. The laws in some states that force women to view an ultrasound, hear the doctor describe the fetus, and waiting periods for having the procedure are just ways to try to shame women out of having an abortion.
      If they know "exactly what they're doing when they walk into a place looking to have an abortion" then additional information isn't an obstacle, right?

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-05-2012 12:47 PM #1743
      Information shouldn't be a problem. Requiring a transvaginal ultrasound, which involves sticking a wand up the woman's vagina, seems extraneously invasive and possibly unconstitutional. It's also hypocritical of the supposedly 'small-government' party to advocate for as a requirement.

If the ultimate choice is with the woman, more information can't do any harm, but requiring extraneous steps to the process seems like an unreasonable barrier to the woman after she has already made her decision - right or wrong.

Personally I think more effort should be placed to encourage adoption, and the process itself could probably be streamlined both for the adoptive parents and birth mother. If half the energy spent on "abortion kills babies" protests outside of clinics, and on political efforts such as these bills or defunding of women's health clinics, was instead spent towards a 'pro-adoption' campaign, I think results might organically materialize.

19. 04-05-2012 12:52 PM #1744
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus is my pilot View Post

Again, the sad truth that is now coming to light is that pro-abortionists want to keep women ignorant of what they are about to do in order to ensure the killing of babies continues.

Many blessings,
      JIMP
      Pro-abortionists?

Maybe you need a WWJD bracelet. I'm sick of people like you calling yourself a Christian. I know he wouldn't act and judge like you do.

20. 04-05-2012 12:52 PM #1745
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Information shouldn't be a problem. Requiring a transvaginal ultrasound, which involves sticking a wand up the woman's vagina, seems extraneously invasive and possibly unconstitutional. It's also hypocritical of the supposedly 'small-government' party to advocate for as a requirement.
      "Possibly" unconstitutional? How about completely. Not to mention it is considered rape.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      04-05-2012 01:01 PM #1746
      Ron Paul rally? How cute.

Call me when he can pack 80,000+ into a real stadium
      I don't doubt Dear Leaders ability to bring in the masses. My point was simply that no other republican candidate is able to do what Dr. Paul is doing.
      Add me on FB and follow me on Instagram! | #TPG | #FLOSSfilthy | #V2LAB |

Always looking for cars in the NC/VA area for feature shoots! PM me!

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-05-2012 01:04 PM #1747
      Quote Originally Posted by joness0154 View Post
      "Possibly" unconstitutional? How about completely. Not to mention it is considered rape.
      Not having taken a law course other than Business Law, not having a J.D., or being on the Supreme Court, I felt unqualified to unilaterally say it is

04-05-2012 01:06 PM #1748
      Of course, an ultrasound isn't rape.

Information shouldn't be a problem. Requiring a transvaginal ultrasound, which involves sticking a wand up the woman's vagina, seems extraneously invasive and possibly unconstitutional.
      If putting something in a woman's birth canal is "extraneously invasive and possibly unconstitutional" isn't that a problem for more than transvaginal ultrasounds?

It's also hypocritical of the supposedly 'small-government' party to advocate for as a requirement.
      You likely mean that a law imposing conditions on obtaining a legal abortion os onconsistent with liking a small government.

It really isn't. A small government isn't no government and even making this procedure entirely prohibited has been the law for most of the legal history in many states. So far as I am aware, every state imposes some conditions on legal abortion, foremost that it be performed by a medical doctor.

Coming to some sort of political accommodation in which any woman can have an abortion following an ultrasound isn't exactly the horror represented here.

Personally I think more effort should be placed to encourage adoption, and the process itself could probably be streamlined both for the adoptive parents and birth mother. If half the energy spent on "abortion kills babies" protests outside of clinics, and on political efforts such as these bills or defunding of women's health clinics, was instead spent towards a 'pro-adoption' campaign, I think results might organically materialize.
      I am not sure why you think it isn't. The people I know who adopt special needs children are motivated well beyond what I think I could do. That doesn't even get to people who adopt ordinary healthy babies, of which there is a shortage in the US, so that couple import children from overseas to adopt.

I don't see how a greater demand for adoption would materially change any of this except to increase the demand for imported children.
      Last edited by zukiphile; 04-05-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-05-2012 01:17 PM #1749
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      I don't doubt Dear Leaders ability to bring in the masses. My point was simply that no other republican candidate is able to do what Dr. Paul is doing.
      What is he doing?

1/620

Edit: wow his record is even worse than I first thought.
      Last edited by A.Wilder; 04-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.

25. Banned
      Vehicles
      Bus of God
      04-05-2012 01:34 PM #1750
      For every pro-life group there are probably 100 adoption agencies. I'm not sure why you believe the effort is balanced in the anti-abortion movement, it's not.

I'm also not sure why people think this somehow relates to big government. We have many protections against the murdering of people outside the wombe, this is an effort to protect people inside the wombe. Otherwise I guess the Trayvon Martin case isn't about race, it's conservatives fighting for a small government.

Blessings,
      JIMP

Page 70 of 417 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast