VWVortex

Page 81 of 298 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
    Results 2,801 to 2,835 of 10411

Thread: The ONE & ONLY 2012 Politics/Election Thread

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-24-2012 07:57 PM #2801
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post

You are infringing on his constitutional right to be stupid.
      Supreme court disagrees with you all's interpretation of that clause

"This court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the constitution over a treaty. This Court has also repeatedly taken the position that an Act of Congress, which must comply with the Constitution, is on a full parity with a treaty, and that when a statute which is subsequent in time is inconsistent with a treaty, the statute to the extent of conflict renders the treaty null. It would be completely anomalous to say that a treaty need not comply with the Constitution when such an agreement can be overridden by a statute that must conform to that instrument."
      Add me on FB and follow me on Instagram! | #TPG | #FLOSSfilthy | #V2LAB |

Always looking for cars in the NC/VA area for feature shoots! PM me!

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-24-2012 09:27 PM #2802
      I'm aware of the SC's current interpretation, which doesn't make libertarianism any less stupid.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

3. Member
      05-25-2012 08:51 AM #2803
      Quote Originally Posted by jds215 View Post
      I am equating attacking a sovereign country that posed no threat to us to attacking another sovereign country that posed no threat to us.

I don't care how many troops or how many bombs are used. Offensively attacking a sovereign country that poses no threat is the problem.

If China was dropping bombs on our country to enforce a no fly zone we wouldn't consider this an act of war?

International organizations do not trump our Constitution.
      Lets not forget sending drones into other countries to blow up anyone who does not agree with total petro dollar control of the world.LOL Disconnect would be an understatement.

4. Member
      05-25-2012 08:59 AM #2804
      What a bunch of establishment nut swinging dildos. They think that bashing people here who push for more freedom will stop the collapse of the petro dollar. Sorry to break it to you but the system is collapsing and the people will not let the submissives install another tool for your masters.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 a3 sline
      05-25-2012 09:48 AM #2805
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder
      This. The more i hear "constitutional libertarians" speak about matters of the constitution, the more obvious it becomes they are either illiterate or they haven't bothered to read the constitution.

I'm aware of the SC's current interpretation, which doesn't make libertarianism any less stupid.

Are you sure you are aware? (just for you wilder)

6. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-25-2012 10:20 AM #2806
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGninja View Post
      What a bunch of establishment nut swinging dildos. They think that bashing people here who push for more freedom will stop the collapse of the petro dollar. Sorry to break it to you but the system is collapsing and the people will not let the submissives install another tool for your masters.
      Settle down, and lay off the YouTube for a bit; OK Chuck?

7. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      Bus of God
      05-25-2012 12:13 PM #2807
      It's taken four years but I'm glad OT has come around to the policies of President Bush and his administration.

Blessings,
      JIMP

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 a3 sline
      05-25-2012 12:45 PM #2808
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus is my pilot View Post
      It's taken four years but I'm glad OT has come around to the policies of President Bush and his administration.

Blessings,
      JIMP
      Don't quite think that has happened yet. Bush was terrible

Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA6
      05-25-2012 12:54 PM #2809
      Quote Originally Posted by jds215 View Post
      Don't quite think that has happened yet. Bush was terrible
      QFT

so far we are only mocking bush
      Quote Originally Posted by kwik!gti
      Cockerpunk: 1
      TCL Hive mind troll brigade: 0

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-25-2012 01:21 PM #2810
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      QFT

so far we are only mocking bush
      Probably the worst President since Nixon, or Carter
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-25-2012 02:09 PM #2811
      No, it just makes you more stupid.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      01 golf gls 1.8T
      05-25-2012 03:50 PM #2812
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Probably the worst President since Nixon, or Carter
      probably? how about worst president in american history?! you could make a very strong case for that given the combination of both foreign & domestic disasters. his response to hurrican katrina victims was nothing short of shameful. economically, you could say that similar laissez faire policies of herbert hoover both led to & fed the great depression, but hoover never had the whole killing hundreds of thousands of people over false pretense thing. possibly worse than that are his supreme court appointees, who've in some orwellian fashion somehow equated unlimited political spending by a financial construct to "free speech". of everything done under bush's watch, the citizens united decision will probably go the furthest in destroying representative democracy. if you thought money in politics was out of control the last few elections cycles, watch what happens in 2012.

harding had about as corrupt an administration as there's ever been, and nixon really was a crook, but neither approaches the cluster**** that was the bush presidency.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-25-2012 04:08 PM #2813
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      No, it just makes you more stupid.
      So you agree with every SC decision?

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-25-2012 04:11 PM #2814
      So you agree with every SC decision?
      No, but that is completely besides the point. You/others made the claim that treaties can override the constitution, and I explained, that under the SC's current interpretation, that is not the case. Thanks for playing.

15. 05-25-2012 04:25 PM #2815
      No, but that is completely besides the point. You/others made the claim that treaties can override the constitution, and I explained, that under the SC's current interpretation, that is not the case. Thanks for playing.
      No one said they override the Constitution. It was merely pointed out that the Constitution states all treaties we are signatory to are the "supreme law of the land"

16. Member
      05-25-2012 05:57 PM #2816

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-25-2012 06:10 PM #2817
      Quote Originally Posted by joness0154 View Post
      No one said they override the Constitution. It was merely pointed out that the Constitution states all treaties we are signatory to are the "supreme law of the land"
      He's so smart, he knew that.

18. Member
      05-25-2012 08:05 PM #2818
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      Settle down, and lay off the YouTube for a bit; OK Chuck?
      Do you think this is not an attempt to install a world currency? The worldo?

19. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-25-2012 08:51 PM #2819
      Dude your too much man working on any good projects lately?

20. Member
      05-25-2012 10:33 PM #2820
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      Dude your too much man working on any good projects lately?
      I just finished putting the rabbit trans back together and ordered suspension,found some 16v brakes. There is a weekend event coming up and I am going to drag race and probably time attack the rabbit on the same weekend

05-26-2012 12:54 PM #2821
      Great, more fun on tap!
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

05-26-2012 12:55 PM #2822
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus is my pilot View Post

Blessings,
      JIMP
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

05-26-2012 12:56 PM #2823
      I see you didn't get any smarter over time. Surprised, not.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

-Zukjimpiphile

24. 05-26-2012 07:14 PM #2824
      the worst President since Reagan
      Fixed

National debt more than tripled from 900 billion dollars to 2.8 trillion dollars during Reagan's tenure.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-27-2012 05:21 PM #2825
      Quote Originally Posted by O_G View Post
      Fixed
      debatable. Reagan wasn't one of my favorites, either.
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      22b STI, F10 M5
      05-27-2012 06:38 PM #2826
      Quote Originally Posted by petesell View Post
      probably? how about worst president in american history?! you could make a very strong case for that given the combination of both foreign & domestic disasters. his response to hurrican katrina victims was nothing short of shameful. economically, you could say that similar laissez faire policies of herbert hoover both led to & fed the great depression, but hoover never had the whole killing hundreds of thousands of people over false pretense thing. possibly worse than that are his supreme court appointees, who've in some orwellian fashion somehow equated unlimited political spending by a financial construct to "free speech". of everything done under bush's watch, the citizens united decision will probably go the furthest in destroying representative democracy. if you thought money in politics was out of control the last few elections cycles, watch what happens in 2012.

harding had about as corrupt an administration as there's ever been, and nixon really was a crook, but neither approaches the cluster**** that was the bush presidency.
      Bush's response to Katrina has more to do with the state elected government (specifically Kathleen Blanco) than it did with Bush. Not defending Bush, but LA literally made it next to impossible for Federal supplies to get to the local workers and thus really bottlenecked the recovery and search. Blanco later admitted that the state response and assistance to the Federal level was shameful and she took full responsibility. Congress later did an investigation and discovered that the state government made the Federal government jump through hoops and rings to get aid and support in. There's a reason Blanco was not re-elected.

Aside from that, I agree with everything else you said

Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      05-28-2012 11:05 AM #2827
      Probably the worst President since James Buchanan
      FTFY.
      Quote Originally Posted by internetmeme
      Bush's response to Katrina has more to do with the state elected government (specifically Kathleen Blanco) than it did with Bush. Not defending Bush, but LA literally made it next to impossible for Federal supplies to get to the local workers and thus really bottlenecked the recovery and search

Untrue.

You have been manipulated by Karl Rove and Fox News.
      Last edited by lojasmo; 05-28-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-28-2012 12:27 PM #2828
      As we pause to remember those who fought and died, let us not, let us never, romanticize war or its participants. War remains the essence of the state and a consequence of the belief in its necessity, omnipotence, and glorification. Orwell said that if one wanted to understand the essence of the Party, imagine a boot stomping a human face forever. If you want to understand the essence of the state, it is the dead and mangled bodies of innocent young men and women, both those dragooned into "serving" and those at the wrong end of the gun, bomber, missile or drone. Let us today remember both the former and the latter.

There is nothing romantic about murdering innocents so that politicians can gain power and the military-industrial complex can enrich itself with the blood of those innocents. The essence of war, and therefore the state, is the family whose son will never have a future because he died because some politician thought other people's children should never have a future. War represents the very opposite of the vision of peaceful social cooperation the defines the classical liberal vision.

The politicians and their corporatist sycophants who tell us the lies that lead to war are the real killers here and let us use this day to remember that the real battle is against THEM, not the innocents that empire continues to destroy. - Steve Horwitz
      Sure got some feathers ruffled on my FB today.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-28-2012 12:54 PM #2829
      I'm almost tempted to post that on Facebook today, Pentax. The military, more than everyone else, knows the true cost of war. The military isn't a fan.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      05-28-2012 01:05 PM #2830
      I'm almost tempted to post that on Facebook today, Pentax. The military, more than everyone else, knows the true cost of war. The military isn't a fan.
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

31. 05-29-2012 04:15 AM #2831
      Sure got some feathers ruffled on my FB today.
      There are two ways to use Facebook:

a) to accumulate acquaintanceship-quality "friends"
      b) wheat from the chaff

Posting anything involving critical thinking usually involves the latter, although most will simply filter a person's posts rather than drop them. Facebook has adopted filtering mechanisms as far as I know that also tend to put the typical pet and small child miracles at the fore, while obfuscating politics.

I remember when Facebook was a hook-up site for college kids, with options like "anything I can get".

05-30-2012 02:38 PM #2832
      Per CNN Romney has unoffically reached the 1144 delegate landmark.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

33. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-30-2012 02:57 PM #2833
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Per CNN Romney has unoffically reached the 1144 delegate landmark.

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      05-30-2012 03:17 PM #2834
      And Romney's with Donald Trump at fundraiser while Trump is still beating the Birther drum. Should there be guilt-by-association for Romney for not adequately distancing himself from Trump on this?

It's a bit of commentary on the importance of money in getting elected that both candidates will pal around with celebrities with fringe political positions simply to keep the money coming in. Granted there is a Birther voter demographic that Romney needs to not lose votes from, but by definition I don't think they'd be voting for Obama instead.

Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA6
      05-30-2012 03:25 PM #2835
      bull****

maybe the grunts on the ground, but the military as a whole LOVES war. politicians love it even more.
      Quote Originally Posted by kwik!gti
      Cockerpunk: 1
      TCL Hive mind troll brigade: 0

Page 81 of 298 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast