Last edited by pentaxshooter; 04-12-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Support for private security forces does not equate to support for private security forces being used and paid for by governments.And I thought you liked private security forces?
FWIW, some of the greatest US military spend reductions came under GOP W-H leadership. Eisenhower and Nixon cut DOD spended by ~ 30% each after Korea and Vietnam...and Ike was a lifelong Republican and 5 star general.
Here's something germaine to the current topic.
If Romney gets elected and the economy improves and we engage in no other wars...he could decrease DOD spending per the Gates plan just as rapidly as Obama. The current Obama reduction plan was designed and built under Bush/Gates. And politicians views are only as relevant as the checkbooks to support them. Not to mention they change like the wind....
deserves to be booed.
Here's a very brief list:
1. Voluntary regulation (an oxymoron) for antibiotics in food production, after not enforcing its own rule for 35 years.
2. Refusal to regulate mercury in HFCS, now "corn sugar" to confuse the public, even after one of its people (a retiring woman) blew the whistle.
3. Failure to regulate supplement "industry". We're in patent medicine territory and the only thing that's missing is the tar and feathers. The quackery pays well, since Romney's campaign finance manager is a billionaire whose fortune comes from this crap:
4. Monsanto and their pesticide-producing GMO plants.Originally Posted by GG
5. Allows aluminum, a neurotoxin, to be added (in large amounts, depending upon the product) to food without even a warning label or the requirement that it be listed at all. The worst source of it, processed cheese, doesn't even list it.
6. GRAS status for poorly-studied high-intensity sweeteners like Stevia extracts and acesulfame-K, sweeteners which have been linked to things like DNA damage in what little research there is. Check out the acesulfame link for some very interesting statements from experts.
7. Refusal to even speak with the press after attending a pink slime party put on by Rick Perry and his backers.
and so on
Last edited by O_G; 04-14-2012 at 12:09 AM.