Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: :: ECS Tuning :: Forge DV Options - Video/Guide !!!

1. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      01-20-2012 04:58 PM #1

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Stock diverter valves just can't handle performance upgrades. Add a little boost and they get all weak in the knees and go to pieces.

Forge knows this. That's why they've engineered boost-hardy blow off and diverter valves tough enough to take the pressure, without blowing their lids.

Last edited by ECS Tuning; 03-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

2. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      03-09-2012 05:08 PM #2

:: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

3. 04-14-2012 09:42 AM #3
      What is that 'Pong' noise thats being made during the shifts on the sound demo portion of that video?

Is that coming from the intake or something? It sounds horrible, I hope you cannot hear that from outside the hood.

4. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      04-16-2012 11:25 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by BamBamBam View Post
      What is that 'Pong' noise thats being made during the shifts on the sound demo portion of that video?

Is that coming from the intake or something? It sounds horrible, I hope you cannot hear that from outside the hood.
      Not sure what you mean by "pong" noise. Yes our car will sound louder with the added intake that is currently on the MKVI.
      Last edited by ECS Tuning; 04-16-2012 at 11:31 AM.

5. 04-27-2012 10:42 PM #5
      Okay, maybe its not really much a "pong" noise as more of a reverb noise. I just watched the video again and I can clearly hear a reverb type noise before the trademark woosh.

Can you tell me what that is?

Thanks

6. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      05-01-2012 09:37 AM #6
      Intake Harmonics - it is normal.

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Jetta
      10-15-2012 10:46 PM #7
      How does the upgraded DV fit with the BOV in the 2012 GLI does it come with instructions on how to install. i was looking at my Gli and the DV and it looked like as if i got the BOV it wouldnt fit ?
      2012 GLI Candy White 2.0T TSI
      APR Tuned---Turbo Kit-S3 K04-2.0 TSI --- Carbonio Intake - 2.0 TSI--APR Exhaust Downpipe - 2.0T
      Window Tint 20%
      My GLI http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...li-Photo-Shoot

8. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      10-16-2012 10:19 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by GLIf3 View Post
      How does the upgraded DV fit with the BOV in the 2012 GLI does it come with instructions on how to install. i was looking at my Gli and the DV and it looked like as if i got the BOV it wouldnt fit ?
      You have a few options:

- OEM D paired up with the Forge spacer
      - Forge BOV (upgraded DV/spacer all in one)

Forge install PDF - Here

After you decide what option to run, send me a PM and I would be glad to get you set up!

Andy

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Jetta
      10-16-2012 02:07 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post
      You have a few options:

- OEM D paired up with the Forge spacer
      - Forge BOV (upgraded DV/spacer all in one)

Forge install PDF - Here

After you decide what option to run, send me a PM and I would be glad to get you set up!

Andy
      Is the horse power effected or is it all sound?
      2012 GLI Candy White 2.0T TSI
      APR Tuned---Turbo Kit-S3 K04-2.0 TSI --- Carbonio Intake - 2.0 TSI--APR Exhaust Downpipe - 2.0T
      Window Tint 20%
      My GLI http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...li-Photo-Shoot

10. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      10-17-2012 09:37 AM #10
      PM replied!

Andy

Vehicles
      2013 CSG GTI 3Dr.
      11-23-2012 05:34 PM #11
      PM replied!

Andy
      I would also like to know this?
      If the Air is going into Atmosphere, Does that have any repercussions on the lag of spool?

12. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      11-26-2012 10:55 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffND60 View Post
      If the Air is going into Atmosphere, Does that have any repercussions on the lag of spool?
      Each item you see above has been proven, tested, and designed for the TSI/FSI application. We have seen no issues with any item when testing and shooting for our video/DIY. 100% customer guarantee - PM me if you have any problems!

Andy

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo Platinum Gray w/ DSG Transmission
      12-04-2012 03:07 PM #13
      You guys should direct that question to a Forge tech... No offense to Andy, but I'm sure he's a sales rep for ECS, not a tech for the gear.... Just my .02. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings not my intentions...

-Wes

14. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      12-04-2012 05:01 PM #14
      To be clear the "PM sent" was not to explain anything other than pricing.

These units are not made to "add" power only support other modification upgrades such as software upgrades, K04 kits, ect... where stock units can fail.

As for the difference in sound - each unit's "sound" can vary please see our sound clips and DIY videos!

With the small amount of air that will be vented with a BOV or spacer will not harm the engine or cause lag.

The DV (Diverter Valve) is a pathway for boost when it's not being used by your turbo -

When the throttle body is closed the boost needs to vent - Forge DV returns air back to the intake and the Forge BOV or spacer will vent to atmosphere. This BOV and/or spacer kit will be much louder over the stock and normal Forge unit.

During the time that the throttle body is closed during deceleration if not letting the excess boost vent can back up and cause surge.

Quote Originally Posted by misterwes View Post
      You guys should direct that question to a Forge tech... No offense to Andy, but I'm sure he's a sales rep for ECS, not a tech for the gear.... Just my .02. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings not my intentions...

-Wes
      Mike is awesome and will answer any questions you may have regarding all Forge products!

Please feel free to contact them:

Forge US - 407-447-5363 | mike@forgemotorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Forge View Post
      We have done countless testing on the spacer since we introduced it back in 2006, and we have not found there to be any negative side effects to the performance of the vehicle from using it. We have done tons of logs of every conceivable perameter and have found no detrimental change.

Thanks,

Andy
      Last edited by ECS Tuning; 12-04-2012 at 05:13 PM.

15. 12-11-2012 10:41 AM #15
      OK, how do I know if I have a bad one or crumby one. Do I need it for everyday driving. And will it take care of the lag sometimes I get when entering a freeway.

16. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      12-11-2012 11:13 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Babie View Post
      OK, how do I know if I have a bad one or crumby one. Do I need it for everyday driving. And will it take care of the lag sometimes I get when entering a freeway.
      The rubber diaphragm in the original diverter valve is prone to failure, even under stock boost pressure. You can see loss in throttle response and or CEL when the old unit fails. Restore lost boost with a new unit!

Andy

Vehicles
      2013 CSG GTI 3Dr.
      12-12-2012 10:51 AM #17
      To be clear the "PM sent" was not to explain anything other than pricing.

These units are not made to "add" power only support other modification upgrades such as software upgrades, K04 kits, ect... where stock units can fail.

As for the difference in sound - each unit's "sound" can vary please see our sound clips and DIY videos!

With the small amount of air that will be vented with a BOV or spacer will not harm the engine or cause lag.

The DV (Diverter Valve) is a pathway for boost when it's not being used by your turbo -

When the throttle body is closed the boost needs to vent - Forge DV returns air back to the intake and the Forge BOV or spacer will vent to atmosphere. This BOV and/or spacer kit will be much louder over the stock and normal Forge unit.

During the time that the throttle body is closed during deceleration if not letting the excess boost vent can back up and cause surge.
      Thank You Very Much for the clarification.

Reason I ask, back in the day, I had an '05 GLI 1.8T, The stock DV failed and as a quick fix, I used a relocated Blitz SS Blow off valve that was sitting in my tool box from a previous car.
      I Loved The Sound and never felt a power loss like so many others swore BOV's on VWs' created, So I kept it installed.
      Every once in a great while the setup would throw a CEL, with a quick push of a button on my Brockway R920 digital monitor & CEL eliminator, Problem solved.
      a small price to pay for the sound that turned so many heads. lol

With the GTI, I'm not looking for that loud BOV woosh sound, but it would be nice for the car to sound like it has a little power behind the spool.

I'm Sold on the Forge DV!

18. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      12-12-2012 11:06 AM #18
      Thank You Very Much for the clarification.

With the GTI, I'm not looking for that loud BOV woosh sound, but it would be nice for the car to sound like it has a little power behind the spool.

I'm Sold on the Forge DV!
      Nice choice!

Anytime - glad to help, feel free to PM me if you need anything else!

Andy