Hi guys. I bought this car at auction for my wife. Then I did the first thing I always do when buying a used Audi with little history, I changed the TB & WP. Then, while burping the coolant after the job I realized that I wasn't getting heat.
Coolant goes low, oil goes high. Think that might be a head issue (I haven't really been driving the car).
Temp gauge sits perfectly in the middle of the gauge during all of my runs up and down the road. It's not overheating at all. I'm just over it now and the wife found a different car that she wants.
- 130,520 miles
- Good compression on all cylinders (140 - 160 cold)
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Inspected through August, 2012
- Timing belt & water pump, t-belt tensioner & accessory belt have just replaced
- Valve cover gasket just replaced.
- Coolant & heater core flushed and filled with fresh coolant.
- Car has just received a synthetic oil change with genuine German filter. Air filter & pollen filter also brand new.
- Car originated in Ohio, there is zero rust on the body.
- Turbocharged 1.8t engine
- Black exterior with black leather interior.
- Stereo with 6-disc CD changer
- Keyless entry
- Heated power seats with power lumbar support & power sunroof.
Why is it so cheap?
- I can't get any heat out of the vents. Coolant low, oil high.
- Could be as simple as a leaky oil cooler, or as bad as a head gasket.
- The car needs new tires.
- The wiper blades seem like they need to be replaced.
NADA clean retail on this car is $8,750.
Come get it for $4000? Put a head gasket in it and sell it all day for $7000.
I'm in Vermont, just outside of Burlington.