Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Thinking of lower my CC with KW DDC coilover kit

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line 2.0 TDI 170hp DSG 4motion.
      01-24-2012 06:44 PM #1
      Hi.
      Thinking of lowering my car with this nice suspension kit from KW.
      http://www.kw-suspensions.eu/int/kw_ddc.php

Still the KW DDC are so new for the CC that you cant find it on the main page in the link above,
      but on that site it`s a PDF link that have setup for the CC.
      http://www.kw-suspensions.eu/pdf/KW-...chure-2011.pdf

Do anbody have suspension from KW, and can give me some feedback?
      This KW DDC coilover kit is all new for the CC, and will not be delivered before mars here in norway acording to the dealer here.
      They are plug and play, so the DCC control in my car will work just like before.

Any idé how much i should lower? The range is from 10-50mm in front, and a little less for the back suspensions.
      Last edited by CC R line; 01-25-2012 at 04:03 PM.

2. 01-24-2012 07:17 PM #2
      That will look awesome dropped. I can't speak for KWs, I'm dropped on Konis
      | Mark | 2011 CC R-Line DSG |

Vehicles
      Mine: 2010 Passat Hers: 2012 B8 A4
      01-25-2012 01:25 AM #3
      Bummer! I didn't know that kw made these. It looks like a sweet setup. I just bought my v2's... O well. How much are they going for? Can't be cheaper than $2k. Good thing I got my v2's cheap.

The app is pretty cool but the fact that you can change dampening with the push of a button is even sweeter. That would fit my lazy style perfectly.

I'm sure it'll Go pretty low, I haven't installed my kw v2's yet so dont know exactly how low kw goes. It'll be a good buy though. It'll be real pricey too. Save another $1k and you can go with an accu-air e-level system with nice bags and 2 pumps.
      Unitronic > APR Switched from APR to UNI and never looking back
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 03:46 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
      Bummer! I didn't know that kw made these. It looks like a sweet setup. I just bought my v2's... O well. How much are they going for? Can't be cheaper than $2k. Good thing I got my v2's cheap.

The app is pretty cool but the fact that you can change dampening with the push of a button is even sweeter. That would fit my lazy style perfectly.

I'm sure it'll Go pretty low, I haven't installed my kw v2's yet so dont know exactly how low kw goes. It'll be a good buy though. It'll be real pricey too. Save another $1k and you can go with an accu-air e-level system with nice bags and 2 pumps.
      yes they are pretty expensive, but the dealer here in norway say that this is a good price for this Coilover kit.
      The price for the hole kit will be 3340$.. But anyway i think this kit will fit perfect for the CC.
      So now i just have to find out if i want to spend so much money for this nice set up.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      01-25-2012 10:28 AM #5
      The setup is definately ideal in my eyes. the fact that it allows you to retain the factory DCC control is outstanding. Just remember, if you buy the quality product the first time, and get the one you want, you don't have to buy again. Buy once, cry once.

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 11:03 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by CC R line View Post
      yes they are pretty expensive, but the dealer here in norway say that this is a good price for this Coilover kit.
      The price for the hole kit will be 3340$.. But anyway i think this kit will fit perfect for the CC.
      So now i just have to find out if i want to spend so much money for this nice set up.
      Wow, that is expensive. For that price you can get that e-level system. For a 1k cheaper you can get the autopilot system. I'd go air if you're going to spend that much money anyways. Height is adjustable at your finger tips and there's no guessing involved with the e-level system.

With the coilovers, you'll be able to adjust the dampening and how often will you be adjusting that? You use the DDC button a lot right now?
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 01:09 PM #7
      After some days and houres of wondering, i`m at last decided to order this KW kit.
      So today i called the dealer, and now i`m a new owner of a KW DDC coilover kit.
      More correct is week 6-7 when the KW kit is arraiving, and the installation can begin.
      Looking forward to that.

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 01:18 PM #8
      Wow, that is expensive. For that price you can get that e-level system. For a 1k cheaper you can get the autopilot system. I'd go air if you're going to spend that much money anyways. Height is adjustable at your finger tips and there's no guessing involved with the e-level system.

With the coilovers, you'll be able to adjust the dampening and how often will you be adjusting that? You use the DDC button a lot right now?
      Maybe air is a good solution to, but i would think that the installation not is straight forward?
      This KW kit is plug and play, so after the installing i just have to check/aligne the wheels and light, and then i`m ready to go.

When it comes to the adjusting, probely just once, but i have the oppertunity if i need to go up/down for some reason.
      And yes, today i use my DCC a lot. Comfort on bumping roads, and changing between normal and sport depending if
      there a lot of turns (sport) when driving 80-100 km/h.

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 01:21 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by RobSVT View Post
      The setup is definately ideal in my eyes. the fact that it allows you to retain the factory DCC control is outstanding. Just remember, if you buy the quality product the first time, and get the one you want, you don't have to buy again. Buy once, cry once.
      Thx! Just like i should have said it my selfe..

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 02:42 PM #10
      Maybe air is a good solution to, but i would think that the installation not is straight forward?
      This KW kit is plug and play, so after the installing i just have to check/aligne the wheels and light, and then i`m ready to go.

When it comes to the adjusting, probely just once, but i have the oppertunity if i need to go up/down for some reason.
      And yes, today i use my DCC a lot. Comfort on bumping roads, and changing between normal and sport depending if
      there a lot of turns (sport) when driving 80-100 km/h.
      If you use the DDC a lot then this is definitely a good buy. It would be tough for me to swallow that price though haha, thats a k04 and almost a set of v2's combined. I'm super jealous. Can't wait to see it on the car. By that time, I'll have my V2's already installed. we could compare lows

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 03:06 PM #11
      If you use the DDC a lot then this is definitely a good buy. It would be tough for me to swallow that price though haha, thats a k04 and almost a set of v2's combined. I'm super jealous. Can't wait to see it on the car. By that time, I'll have my V2's already installed. we could compare lows
      Yes it cost, but i hopefully think it is worth the price...
      You have a thread i could go to, to look at your V2 installed?

Vehicles
      01-26-2012 02:20 AM #12
      Yes it cost, but i hopefully think it is worth the price...
      You have a thread i could go to, to look at your V2 installed?
      I don't have them installed yet but by the time yours ship to you, i should have mine installed. I'll post a link for you when i get everything on. I will do it in 2-3 weeks

Vehicles
      01-26-2012 08:31 AM #13
      I don't have them installed yet but by the time yours ship to you, i should have mine installed. I'll post a link for you when i get everything on. I will do it in 2-3 weeks
      Good. Looking forward to see.

Vehicles
      01-26-2012 04:34 PM #14
      Looking forward to do this for myselfe in week 6-7..
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFApwxNauxw

Vehicles
      01-31-2012 11:58 AM #15
      Do anybody have opinion on how much I should lower my car with this KW coilover kit?
      My goal is to get it lowered, but without touching every dump when driving and of course keep the comfort.

I measured the distance from center wheel to top of the wheel case to;
      Front: 380mm Back: 370mm. I wondering to go down 30mm.

Vehicles
      02-07-2012 02:32 PM #16
      Then my new KW sett is posted from dealer today, and i will get them on thursday this week.
      Looking so forward to see them and not at least get them on!

Vehicles
      02-07-2012 03:43 PM #17
      Then my new KW sett is posted from dealer today, and i will get them on thursday this week.
      Looking so forward to see them and not at least get them on!
      wow that early? you're going to have your kit in before mine then lol

Vehicles
      02-07-2012 03:50 PM #18
      wow that early? you're going to have your kit in before mine then lol
      Yes, it went much quicker to get them then i had tought. So next week they will be installed.
      Very excited.

Vehicles
      02-07-2012 06:18 PM #19
      Yes, it went much quicker to get them then i had tought. So next week they will be installed.
      Very excited.
      congrats! can't wait to see the before and after pics

Vehicles
      02-10-2012 02:29 PM #20
      Today i went to the post office and got my new KW DDC Coilovers set.
      And as you can see of the pictures, the quality and package is just as you would espect from a company as KW.

21. 02-10-2012 03:42 PM #21
      Drop it right over the tires IMO. I enjoy the looks and handling much more than worrying where I can and cannot go. That's entirely up to you though.
      | Mark | 2011 CC R-Line DSG |

Vehicles
      02-10-2012 04:13 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by xx4u2nvxx View Post
      Drop it right over the tires IMO. I enjoy the looks and handling much more than worrying where I can and cannot go. That's entirely up to you though.
      Agree with you, but still that it something that worry me.
      Maybe i should get KW HLS 4 also, then i don`t need to worry any more...

Vehicles
      02-20-2012 03:31 PM #23
      Have now lowered my CC R-line, and i think it look and drive amazing!
      Only one thing is that the rear end is lower than the TUV limit, and the adjustment nut is as high at it could be.
      TUV papers say i can adjust the rear nut with 30mm, what is done and still the car is 3mm below TUV limit (340mm).
      KW is service minded, and will for free ship me new rear coilover springs that is a bit longer, and i keep the one i already got

PS! And the comfort is very good with the DSG, maybe better then the original dempers.
      Ordinary driving i change between comfort and normal modus. Speed and turns; Sport modus.

Front before lowering: 375mm
      After lowering: 355mm
      Want: 350mm

Rear before: 380mm
      After lowering: 337 mm
      When the correct springs fitted: 345mm

Before lowering

Ater lowering

Last edited by CC R line; 02-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Vehicles
      02-20-2012 03:36 PM #24
      looks good!
      how much thread do you have left in the front and rears?

Vehicles
      02-20-2012 03:43 PM #25
      looks good!
      how much thread do you have left in the front and rears?
      In the front i have much left. About 30mm.

Rear end the adjustment nut is mounted in the bottom, so not easy to measure. These will be fixed and mounted on the top.
      The nut is 10mm already off the threads, and that is ok i have been told.
      What i have managed to measure, the nut is about 30mm out, and that is the max. limit for TUV.
      Therefore KW get me new springs for the rear end.

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 03:18 PM #26
      In the front i have much left. About 30mm.

Rear end the adjustment nut is mounted in the bottom, so not easy to measure. These will be fixed and mounted on the top.
      The nut is 10mm already off the threads, and that is ok i have been told.
      What i have managed to measure, the nut is about 30mm out, and that is the max. limit for TUV.
      Therefore KW get me new springs for the rear end.
      with you having the rear springs upsidedown, that could be why its at its limit.

the drop looks great. I installed my KW v2's 3 days ago and love it so far. I have mine set pretty low but not to the limit. I measured about 24.5" fender to ground all the way around. I have VMR v705 wheels coming so we'll see how it fits.

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 06:10 PM #27
      with you having the rear springs upsidedown, that could be why its at its limit.

the drop looks great. I installed my KW v2's 3 days ago and love it so far. I have mine set pretty low but not to the limit. I measured about 24.5" fender to ground all the way around. I have VMR v705 wheels coming so we'll see how it fits.
      That what I think to, but the company that did the job say that the car got lower when they put the nut in top.
      Anyway the installation guide say they should be in top, so when I get the new spring they will make a new try,
      and I expect it to be no problems then.

Thx for the compliments, now I have to look your set up if you have it pictured.

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 07:21 PM #28
      That what I think to, but the company that did the job say that the car got lower when they put the nut in top.
      Anyway the installation guide say they should be in top, so when I get the new spring they will make a new try,
      and I expect it to be no problems then.

Thx for the compliments, now I have to look your set up if you have it pictured.
      I don't have a picture yet. My car has only left the garage twice because I still have to get an alignment. I'll try to get one as soon as possible

Vehicles
      04-29-2012 04:31 AM #29
      Finally my KW DDC are installed how they should be, and also the new rear end springs from KW are mounted.
      Happy with the result.

Vehicles
      05-03-2012 07:31 PM #30
      Have also to say that the drive quality is amazing good with the new KW coilover sett.
      The comfort is good even with the DCC in normal and sport modus.

Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC Mocha Anthracite ST Performance Coilovers 18" Samarkand w/Contineltal DWS
      05-04-2012 10:25 AM #31
      That really looks good. Great job. What size rims are you running?

Vehicles
      '12 Urano CC R-Line 6MT( GIAC stg.2),White Benz C300 4matic (hers)
      05-04-2012 10:40 AM #32
      dman it looks good,
      and cant go wrong with kw. there is nothing better then kw suspension on silky European roads at 130mph. quality of the product is unbelievable.

Hunter: these are vw saggita wheels 19x8 probably

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Sagitta-wheels
      Last edited by wh1te09gti; 05-04-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Vehicles
      05-04-2012 02:44 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by HunterRose View Post
      That really looks good. Great job. What size rims are you running?
      Thx.
      As mentioned it is Sagitta rims with Vredestein 245/30-19. Think the Sagitta fit the my CC perfectly in look and color.

Vehicles
      05-04-2012 02:48 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by wh1te09gti View Post
      dman it looks good,
      and cant go wrong with kw. there is nothing better then kw suspension on silky European roads at 130mph. quality of the product is unbelievable.

Hunter: these are vw saggita wheels 19x8 probably

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Sagitta-wheels
      Thx.
      KW is just damn good! Regarding silky european roads, i live in Norway and here the roads are not silky.
      But anyway the KW suspension do the job perfectly.