Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Results 141 to 152 of 152

    Thread: 95 Cabby VR swap, Megasquirt, and RHD conversion! o.0

    1. Member aoj2108's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2003
      Location
      Newark, New Jersey
      Posts
      2,891
      Vehicles
      Mk3.5 Golf Cabriolet
      03-25-2012 10:17 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by StinkBugz View Post
      Did the Cabby come with black leathers at all??
      Some Mk3.5 Cabrios come with full black leather interiors This is the only pic I could find of my rear seat


    2. Member StinkBugz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2011
      Location
      Reading, Pa.
      Posts
      160
      Vehicles
      95 Cabby
      03-25-2012 10:29 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by aoj2108 View Post
      Some Mk3.5 Cabrios come with full black leather interiors This is the only pic I could find of my rear seat

      Man, I have been trying to buy some and I can't seem to find them ANYWHERE!
      Powdercoating Services in Reading Pa.

    3. Member Mean 'n Green86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2006
      Location
      mount joy PA
      Posts
      2,837
      Vehicles
      07 Passat Wagon
      03-27-2012 08:02 AM #143
      amazing thread and build. and in reading no less.....cool
      VW's the older the better
      http://www.4everkustoms.com/ <=THE BEST
      BUY MY PARTS MKII MOSTLY
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...7#post82154097

    4. Member FlyinbySTi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2007
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      97' Cabrio, 93' Typhoon, 05' STi
      05-04-2012 03:46 PM #144
      Have you made any progress yet?

      Did you get RHD door cards as well with the swap. I know you can switch the window up/down to the other side. But what are you going to do with the electric mirror adjustment?

    5. Member DubbinxHAMx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Reading,PA
      Posts
      1,385
      Vehicles
      DD 95 Cabrio
      05-04-2012 10:08 PM #145
      Nah, he gave up lol...he'll tell you guys ..

      Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

    6. Member aoj2108's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2003
      Location
      Newark, New Jersey
      Posts
      2,891
      Vehicles
      Mk3.5 Golf Cabriolet
      05-04-2012 10:48 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by FlyinbySTi View Post
      Have you made any progress yet?

      Did you get RHD door cards as well with the swap. I know you can switch the window up/down to the other side. But what are you going to do with the electric mirror adjustment?
      you don't need the entire door card, just the removable switch panel.

    7. Member FlyinbySTi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2007
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      97' Cabrio, 93' Typhoon, 05' STi
      05-11-2012 09:36 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by DubbinxHAMx View Post
      Nah, he gave up lol...he'll tell you guys ..

      Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
      hahaha, did he really?

    8. Member StinkBugz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2011
      Location
      Reading, Pa.
      Posts
      160
      Vehicles
      95 Cabby
      05-11-2012 10:24 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by FlyinbySTi View Post
      hahaha, did he really?

      Yea, I got rid of it for a Mk2 coupe.. When it comes to wiring, it boggles me.. lol..
      Powdercoating Services in Reading Pa.

    9. Member Green Hare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2003
      Posts
      7,387
      Vehicles
      7th VW... 8 others...
      05-20-2012 01:07 PM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by StinkBugz View Post
      Yea, I got rid of it for a Mk2 coupe.. When it comes to wiring, it boggles me.. lol..
      Damn... I'd love to tackle something like this eventually, although I think I'd do a RHD TDI Cabrio
      =====
      ===== Mine: 2010 Black Golf TDI
      =====
      ===== His: 2011 Black JSW TDI
      =====

    10. Member aoj2108's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2003
      Location
      Newark, New Jersey
      Posts
      2,891
      Vehicles
      Mk3.5 Golf Cabriolet
      05-20-2012 03:10 PM #150
      ^^^ I'd love to make my 3.5 Cabby RHD. The thought of driving on the right side with the top down sounds awesome. But I would only do it if I can source a RHD 3.5 Cabrio conversion and it won't be an easy task

    11. Member Green Hare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2003
      Posts
      7,387
      Vehicles
      7th VW... 8 others...
      05-20-2012 06:46 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by aoj2108 View Post
      ^^^ I'd love to make my 3.5 Cabby RHD. The thought of driving on the right side with the top down sounds awesome. But I would only do it if I can source a RHD 3.5 Cabrio conversion and it won't be an easy task
      None of these RHD conversions seem to be an easy task... but the end result is pretty sick. To those haters out there, whatever... it's the OP's car. I've owned 2 RHD vehicles out of the 14 vehicles I've had (98 Subaru Legacy wagon and 76 Jeep DJ5) and they've both been fun to drive. As for the future, I'd love to do a Cabrio or TT, but realistically I'm considering picking up a Wrangler in a few years after the TDI is paid off, the only conversion there will be installing the 3rd pedal.
      =====
      ===== Mine: 2010 Black Golf TDI
      =====
      ===== His: 2011 Black JSW TDI
      =====

    12. Member aoj2108's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2003
      Location
      Newark, New Jersey
      Posts
      2,891
      Vehicles
      Mk3.5 Golf Cabriolet
      05-21-2012 01:05 AM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Hare View Post
      None of these RHD conversions seem to be an easy task... but the end result is pretty sick.
      I bet it won't be easy but at least the firewall is bolt on and you won't have to worry about welding. I'm currently helping my brother install a RHD Type-R front end on his DC2 Integra and it is all welding . We're taking our time with it but it is nothing but headaches. When I'm done helping him install it I bet I'll have enough confidence to look at a Mk3 RHD conversion and laugh at it's face.

    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •