Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mk2 spring rates, want something for daily/auto-x/track

Vehicles
      1987 VW Golf
      01-26-2012 06:54 AM #1
      Alright here are the specs on the car:

87 VW Golf
      Weighed 2360 with full tank of gas and full interior (spare also)
      Koni Coilovers (soft spring rates)
      Neuspeed 25mm Front Sway Bar
      Autotech 28mm Rear Sway Bar (Just put it on stiffest setting, gonna see what it does when auto-x season rolls around)

I daily drive my car in the spring/summer/little bit of fall. I want something for an all around type thing. I do more auto-x than I do track events.

I'm not sure what the spring rates are for the Koni's but one of there reps told me it was around 180-200 for front and rear. It was great for daily driving, but I felt it sway and dive more than I wanted it to during my auto-x.

I was thinking 500F and 375R, but now I'm starting to reconsider. Maybe someone can recommend me a better setup w/o the daily driver sacrifice.

Vehicles
      nothing to see here
      02-09-2012 12:52 PM #2
      my car is almost completely gutted, so it probably weighs around 2000lbs. I run linear eibach springs, 325lb/in front and 250lb/in rear paired with bilstein corrado VR6 front and H&R cup kit adjustable rear. On street tires, the ride is borderline bearable. The max I'd be willing to go on my car is 400lb/in front and 275lb/in rear.