Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: • Dragon Run '12 • A Long Ball Rally Production • The NORTHEAST Chapter • Official Cruise to WITW '12

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-26-2012 10:34 AM #1
      There has been a point G added before our destination - it is not shown on the visual map because I could not get it to translate into Vortex correctly for some reason with that point added. Please see the written addresses below for the details. It is a final fuel stop before Fontana.

----- ----- ----- -----

Howdy all! This is the leg of the Long Ball Rally that will originate in the Northeast region, tentatively originating in Westbrook, CT, with stops down the east coast in range of all major cities to pick up anyone else on the way to Wookie's in the Woods 2012, in Fontana Dam, NC. It will be an adventure for all and will certainly be a safer way to ride in the event anything unfortunate happens.

----- ----- ----- -----

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED

Once you have officially registered let me know and I will put a mark next to your name!

**For those of you from RI/MA/NH/VT/ME and other northern points, contact me if you would like to leave the night before seeing as how you may have to leave as early as midnight to make it to the meeting point. We can make arrangements for you to get some shut-eye in the area before departing with the group in the morning. I may have a couple extra beds if needed, I will have to check based on response.**

----- ----- ----- -----

WHEN:
      The departure and return times are pretty much the same as the Chicago leg:
      We will leave no later than 4:00am on Thursday, April 19th, and will return late evening on Sunday, April 22nd.
      The trip is roughly 900 miles each way.

E-Z Pass will be required for ease of travel through the tolls.
      They can be picked up pre-loaded at many travel centers, or see the website for more info. These are a must.

Walkie-talkies will also be utilized, so if you have one, or would like to get one, definitely do so.
      Not required, but recommended.

(The route is after the jump)

THE ROUTE:

Google Maps view of the route

View Larger Map

START POINT:
      A. Denny's in Westbrook, CT. - This will be the meeting place. It is right off exit 65 off I-95 in Connecticut. We will be leaving the lot no later than 4:00am. It is 24 hours so get there early if you would like to get some breakfast! There is a 24 hour Mobil in the same lot to fill up.

33.4 miles to next point

B. Milford Commuter Lot in Milford, CT. - This will be a quick stop, no more than 5-10 minutes, to pick up anyone coming down I-91 or from other parts of central CT, etc. This point will be deleted if nobody needs to be picked up here. Expect to leave this area at 4:45am.

71.4 miles to next point

C. Vince Lombardi Service Area, New Jersey Turnpike, Ridgefield, NJ - Grab quick breakfast if you didn't bring any, add fuel if necessary and if time permits (Sunoco), and pick up anyone from New York, New York City, Northern New Jersey. Expect to arrive at 6:15am and leave by 6:35am

126 miles to next point

D. Center Pointe Plaza, Churchmans Road, Newark, DE - Time to fuel up – find fuel nearby, and pick up any cars from the Philadelphia, PA region. Return to the road at 9:15am. This plaza is a mall (not a travel center).

204 miles to next point

E. Sheetz Travel Center, Mount Jackson, VA - Expect to arrive at 12:50pm. Pick up Baltimore area, Washington D.C. area cars, and grab lunch in the area. Cars from Harrisburg, PA, or Pittsburgh, PA areas will be closest to this point. Fuel up here, the next and final stop will be Roanoke, VA. We will take a half an hour stop for lunch here, unless everyone finishes sooner (or the consensus is we need more time). Plan to be back on the road at 1:20pm.

188 miles to next point

F. I-81 Travel Plaza, Max Meadows, VA - Expect to arrive at 4:35pm. Pick up anyone in the Virginia area – including Roanoke, Lynchburg, Richmond, and coastal areas if they want to go out of their way a little bit. The final leg to our destination will be 271 miles further, so we will fuel up here and likely use most of our tanks on the last run. We will return to the road at 4:50pm or when everyone is finished fueling.

205 miles to final fueling point

G. Exxon, 1373 Dellwood Road, Waynesville, NC - This station closes at 10:00pm and we will attempt to make it here to fill up as our final stop before we can all get some shut eye. The original route had us going 271 miles from point F to our destination and that would deplete everyone's tanks pretty low and nobody wants to wake up for the dragon without fuel. If traffic issues force us to miss closing time, we will try and find another source for fuel.

68 miles to destination

H. Fontana Village Resort, Fontana Dam, NC - We've made it! Approximate arrival will be at 9:25pm as long as all goes smoothy.

===== ===== ===== =====

*A FRIENDLY DISCLAIMER TO ALL*

A quick reminder that TOD is pretty much like a full weekend of going to the track, which means making sure that the car is in top mechanical, electronic, etc, condition to the best of your ability. Make sure everything is up to par, and there are no compromises made. I know I have a few issues with the car and my #1 goal is to have them all ironed out by the trip. A 500+ mile towing bill will definitely put a dent in anyone's budget. SO have your car checked up prior to leaving. Also, clean your air filters the night before, check tire pressures, and make sure your oil is fresh. The longer range we can get, the cheaper it will be in time and fuel costs for everybody.

"Long Ball Rally and all parties involved in the organization of this event are in no way shape or form liable for any speeding tickets, accidents, damage to cars, bodies, personal relationships, brain cells or accidental conceptions that may occur over the course of this trip. You are joining this cruise/rally to TOD/Wookies in the Woods 2012 of your own free will and here by agree that you are a consenting adult of legal age and are to be held accountable for your own actions, however stupid they may be."

***That being said, don't be an a$$hat. Cruise speeds will be give or take around the speed limit, or with the flow of traffic. As the saying (and law) goes, "keep right except to pass". We will try and stay in the right lane, unless passing, if the roads are relatively clear.
      There will be NO racing, reckless driving, or excessive speeding tolerated. If you can't understand this or violate the posted warning, you may be asked to break off from the group and continue separately on your own.***

= Officially Registered

NORTHEAST ROLL CALL LIST:

1. Rconn14 - MK4 R - Ryan, some guy (Point A)
      2. tom8thebomb - Tom, Innovative Motorsports (Point B)
      3. glenneclipsegsx - MK4 R - Glenn, Innovative Motorsports (Point B)
      4. Jefnes3 - Jeff, United Motorsports (Point B)
      5. infiniteecho - MK5 R - Jesse
      6. venezuela1986 - MK6 R, G35, Ducati - Luis +2
      7. .:R32VW - MK4 R
      8. koma - MK6 R -
      9. -2000VWGOLF1.8T- - MK5 R - Johnathan
      10. jerd - MK4 R - Jeremy (Point B)
      11. audiaddictt - MK2 GTI
      12. luckypenney - MK4 R - Kevin
      13. VRTJUNKIE - MK2 GLI - Kam
      14. Golf_kris - MK5 R32 - (Point F)
      15. VRptstyly - MK4 R - Hugo
      16. JDM-JTI - MK4 R - Mitch
      17. VDUB 8 - MK4 R - Brandon
      18. rhodesman - BMW 135i - Jason (Point D/E)
      19. sleeper A60 - MK4 R - Spoil
      20. Jayspec21 - MK4 GLI - Jay Jay
      21. jrowny - MK5 GTI - (Point E)

If you have ANY questions at all, feel free to PM me. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
      Last edited by rconn14; 04-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.
      http://r32registry.org/802 ||| Garage Banners
      Quote Originally Posted by donotcometoflorida View Post
      If my science data analysis on current trends is correct, I project that by the years 2018 - 2025, all car's body panels will be replaced entirely by grill.

Vehicles
      10 JSW SE, 04.:R
      01-26-2012 12:38 PM #2
      but i like to go fast really hoping to make this event!!!

3. 01-26-2012 01:09 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jerd
      but i like to go fast
      There's a time and a place for going fast. Cruising to/from the Dragon is NOT that time. You put everyone else at risk and draw lots of unwanted attention to the entire group. Don't be that guy. . . or cruise down there solo. Maybe there was some sarcasm in your post but this message deserves to be conveyed multiple times over.

I'm going to try and attend this event and hope that those organizing this event will have a 0 tolerance policy to those who endanger the group or this event.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-26-2012 01:14 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by remedyzrider View Post
      I'm going to try and attend this event and hope that those organizing this event will have a 0 tolerance policy to those who endanger the group or this event.
      I think he was including a sarcastic element to it

Obviously these cars make you want to punch the gas once in a while, and that's cool, but we don't want any unwanted attention and want to be respectful and aware of those around us on the road, and won't be too happy about anyone bobbing and weaving in and out of minivans. A toot of the horn at someone going 60 in the left lane will be okay, though
      If my science data analysis on current trends is correct, I project that by the years 2018 - 2025, all car's body panels will be replaced entirely by grill.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      too much to list
      01-26-2012 02:03 PM #5
      im in with jeff
      Innovative Motorsports - Making wet dreams come true. Shop# (203) 345 4647

United Motorsport - Making software to rule the world.

Vehicles
      01-26-2012 03:00 PM #6
      ^>^ thankyou rconn but i do like to go fast...,,,,, shhhhhh
      Last edited by jerd; 01-26-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-26-2012 04:06 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by tom8thebomb View Post
      im in with jeff

Vehicles
      2004 BMP .:R32
      01-26-2012 07:36 PM #8
      nice setup ryan, i see some thread layout similarities between the thread here and mine :p
      thank you all for your participation, let's get the # of people attending increased! woot!!
      WOOKIES IN THE WOODS 2014 GALLERY ฉPDETPhotography
      WOOKIES IN THE WOODS 2013 GALLERY ฉPDETPhotography
      PDETPhotography ฉPaweł Dmytr๓w Esther Trueblood Photography
      PDETPhotography Facebook page
      2004 VW RS .:R32

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-26-2012 08:38 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub_jetta View Post
      nice setup ryan, i see some thread layout similarities between the thread here and mine :p
      thank you all for your participation, let's get the # of people attending increased! woot!!
      Tried to keep things consistent, sorry if I plagiarized some of it

Vehicles
      Jeep Wrangler, Golf R
      01-27-2012 09:31 AM #10
      Well, if Jeff and Tom .:R in then ... by default, I'm in too.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-27-2012 11:08 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      Well, if Jeff and Tom .:R in then ... by default, I'm in too.

Vehicles
      BMP .:R32 Supercharged , '13 CC (POS)
      01-27-2012 11:44 AM #12
      I want to leave WED late night, Thursday Early AM to get there in the AM on Thursday, if plans change, well see about joining in.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-27-2012 11:48 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by BOUDAH View Post
      I want to leave WED late night, Thursday Early AM to get there in the AM on Thursday, if plans change, well see about joining in.
      You're coming again?

You know if you drive all night you're just gonna want to sleep all day thursday anyway Let me know if your plans change and we'll add you right in, would be great to have ya!

Vehicles
      01-27-2012 02:17 PM #14
      yes, i am. if we do decide to join u then i will be sure to let u know, wed meet up in the BMORE area when u rolled through, ill keep ya all updated,

15. Member
      Vehicles
      too much to list
      01-28-2012 03:18 AM #15
      next week i start building the car for the event......
      Innovative Motorsports - Making wet dreams come true. Shop# (203) 345 4647

United Motorsport - Making software to rule the world.

Vehicles
      01-28-2012 07:24 AM #16
      This is going to be efffffing sick!!!!

Vehicles
      2004 HPA VW R32 3.2L Turbo
      01-28-2012 06:51 PM #17
      I plan on make it out this year. Hoping my R32 will be completed by April.

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....hicle&VID=3298

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ncement-Poject

18. 01-28-2012 07:16 PM #18

Tom what you are building next week is not classified as a Wookie

Oh and you can count me in with my loud Wookie

Glenn, Innovative Motorsports
      Last edited by glenneclipsegsx; 01-28-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Vehicles
      01-28-2012 07:34 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by glenneclipsegsx View Post
      Tom what you are building next week is not classified as a Wookie

Oh and you can count me in with my loud Wookie

Glenn, Innovative Motorsports
      Your wookie wails!
      Your exhaust is one of the most aggressive sounding .:Rs I've heard!

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-28-2012 08:15 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R32VW View Post
      I plan on make it out this year. Hoping my R32 will be completed by April.
      I'll add ya to the list! Keep us updated on your status

Glenn, added too

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta VR(Sold), 2006 GTI (Sold), 2008 GTI (Sold), 2010 VW CC Sport, 2012 Golf R (January 2012)
      01-29-2012 12:37 PM #21
      I will be coming from Northern NY so it probably makes most sense for me to meet everyone somewhere around WV.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-29-2012 01:34 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
      I will be coming from Northern NY so it probably makes most sense for me to meet everyone somewhere around WV.
      Whatever works best for you. Just choose which of the points on the map will be best for you. I'll add you to the list!

Vehicles
      2000 Vw Golf 1.8t(Sold), TR bagged 08 R32 #2147(sold), 00 A4 Avant(R.I.P).....Dont know whats next.
      01-29-2012 05:16 PM #23
      I'm definitely down count me in.
      2008 TR .:R32: ... CULT STATUS

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-30-2012 12:27 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by -2000VWGOLF1.8T- View Post
      I'm definitely down count me in.
      added

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-31-2012 11:12 AM #25

Vehicles
      01-31-2012 11:49 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by rconn14 View Post
      maybe color the eye but otherwise i like this image a lot

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-31-2012 12:48 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by jerd View Post
      maybe color the eye but otherwise i like this image a lot
      I think it belongs to Harepower, was just giving the trip a bump I know there are way more northeast/DC area guys going than what we've got!

Vehicles
      01-31-2012 01:12 PM #28
      Maybe harepower can but r32 blue into the dragon eye just for kicks?
      I think it would look neat

Vehicles
      01-31-2012 02:54 PM #29
      I can think of a few., lol Me and Blue R will be ehading down Wed Night, so I hope to see u all there ! Including u jerd

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-31-2012 07:28 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by BOUDAH View Post
      I can think of a few., lol Me and Blue R will be ehading down Wed Night, so I hope to see u all there ! Including u jerd
      If you know any guys along the route that want to leave thursday pass this along

Vehicles
      02-01-2012 04:02 PM #31
      Count me in

Vehicles
      04 VW R32 TRed, 05 Jetta Wagon Blk/Orange
      02-01-2012 06:05 PM #32
      Count me in
      Woo Hoo, Glad to see your doing the Dragon Run!

Vehicles
      02-01-2012 07:14 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by nkgneto View Post
      Woo Hoo, Glad to see your doing the Dragon Run!
      Should be a blast!
      I'm looking forward to it

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      02-01-2012 09:04 PM #34
      Count me in
      Nice! Added

Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT (2.0 stroker in progress) Mk2 GTI Tornado Red
      02-01-2012 10:20 PM #35
      Got room for a Mark 2 GTI???
      AUDI
      VOLKSWAGEN
      PORSCHE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast