Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/White
      Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White
      Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Violet
      Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Violet
      Rear Tweeter Size: 1″
      Rear Tweeter Depth: 1″
      Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2″
      Rear Speakers Depth: 2 1/2″
      Last edited by dav1d; 01-27-2012 at 12:03 AM.
      H&R cup kit - H&R 24mm RSB - APR Stage 1 - oem mud flaps - misc vag work - magnaflow cbe - neuspeed pflo (red) - piaa ion crystal fogs - piaa wedge bulbs - clear side markers - euro switch - alpine amp + lc2i

Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      01-27-2012 06:17 AM #2
      Yes. Im putting in my new head unit today. I picked up the xsvi-9003-nav for the harness. Should be plug and play

;-/

Vehicles
      1997 8v Jetta GT (RIP) 2011 CSG GTI
      01-27-2012 07:44 AM #3
      this is a DIY I used for the wiring diagram

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ghlight=stereo

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/Yellow
      Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: This vehicle uses the CAN-Data system for accessory turn on.
      Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
      Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray
      Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
      Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Part of the Antenna Connector
      Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
      Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
      Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
      Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
      Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Green
      Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
      Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Red
      Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Black
      Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
      Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
      Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/White
      Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White
      Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Brown
      Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Violet
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...(build-thread)

APR Stage III ......and a whole bunch of other crap that I'm just to lazy to write out.

Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 2D CW DSG
      01-27-2012 10:55 AM #4
      Thank you!
      H&R cup kit - H&R 24mm RSB - APR Stage 1 - oem mud flaps - misc vag work - magnaflow cbe - neuspeed pflo (red) - piaa ion crystal fogs - piaa wedge bulbs - clear side markers - euro switch - alpine amp + lc2i

Vehicles
      2007 GLI (SOLD) / 2010 GTI (SOLD)
      01-27-2012 10:59 AM #5

Vehicles
      2 MK6's. One with switches
      01-27-2012 03:12 PM #6
      I absolutely hate wiring.

7. 05-23-2012 04:16 PM #7
      I am having an issue with my stereo install. So far I have installed everything fine, however I need to find a remote turn on source. If I jump from +12v power supply to the "remote turn on" on my amplifier everything works fine , however obviously this can't work because the amplifier would always be on and its simply dangerous.

Does anyone know where I can tap into a remote turn on that only comes on with the car or factory headunit?

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, MKVI GLI
      05-23-2012 04:47 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by twistid View Post
      I am having an issue with my stereo install. So far I have installed everything fine, however I need to find a remote turn on source. If I jump from +12v power supply to the "remote turn on" on my amplifier everything works fine , however obviously this can't work because the amplifier would always be on and its simply dangerous.

Does anyone know where I can tap into a remote turn on that only comes on with the car or factory head unit?
      Sounds like you used an LOC to add an amp and I'm assuming a sub. PAC makes a great LOC that provides what you're looking for, however you still have an option for your remote turn on. Purchase yourself an "Add a Circuit" from a place like AutoZone, purchase a 10amp fuse to use with the tap. Plug the "Add a Circuit" in location 41 of the fuse box (driver's side of the dash) and there you have it, you can then wire your remote wire to this tap.

Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

9. 05-23-2012 06:06 PM #9
      Well, the thing is I used the PAC LOC that is supposed to have its own remote turn on, but it only measures something like ~5v IIRC on my multimeter. My amplifier wont turn on with that little amount of voltage, only if I jump the 12v will it turn on, I tried another amp as well with same results. I know the LOC is working because I am getting audio signals through, just the remote turn on voltage from the blue wire (according to the wiring diagram) is to little to trigger amp turn on

Hmm I did not know the fuse box was on the driver side dash, I will try your suggestion

Vehicles
      2012 GTI 6MT
      05-23-2012 08:21 PM #10
      Cig lighter?
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      They have the structural integrity of origami, the reliability of a drunk on New Year's Eve, and they're based off of a '70s Fiat design but built under communist labor (You now, guys who know they can't be fired for any reason.)
      Current: 2012 CSG GTI 6MT
      Past: 2007 Audi A4; 2009 Tiguan S; 2007 Rabbit (with the Guitar! ); 1985 VW Cabriolet

11. 05-23-2012 08:37 PM #11
      I just used slot 41 like Marble suggested. However I was not able to use the "add-a-line" from Advanced Auto as it was to large to put the fuse panel back on, so I simply wrapped the wire around one end of the fuse prongs. I know it's ghetto, but if it shorts out it will still blow the fuse...

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, MKVI GLI
      05-24-2012 02:13 AM #12
      Well, the thing is I used the PAC LOC that is supposed to have its own remote turn on, but it only measures something like ~5v IIRC on my multimeter. My amplifier wont turn on with that little amount of voltage, only if I jump the 12v will it turn on, I tried another amp as well with same results. I know the LOC is working because I am getting audio signals through, just the remote turn on voltage from the blue wire (according to the wiring diagram) is to little to trigger amp turn on

Hmm I did not know the fuse box was on the driver side dash, I will try your suggestion
      Odd that the remote turn on isn't working correctly. I have installed the SOEM-T in a MKVI GTI without issue. Where are you getting the 12V signal to power the SOEM-T? I used an "Add A Circuit" for that install which allows the remote turn on to properly kick the amp on.

Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, MKVI GLI
      05-24-2012 02:16 AM #13
      I just used slot 41 like Marble suggested. However I was not able to use the "add-a-line" from Advanced Auto as it was to large to put the fuse panel back on, so I simply wrapped the wire around one end of the fuse prongs. I know it's ghetto, but if it shorts out it will still blow the fuse...
      Sorry to hear that you are having clearance issues. The one brand I have used multiple times without issue.

I have heard of others having the same issue though. I need to see what brand it is that I have used, even in my own MKVI at one time, and post up.

Jason Marble Designs

hard parkers cc
      SYNDICATE

14. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      05-24-2012 08:28 AM #14

Does anyone know where I can tap into a remote turn on that only comes on with the car or factory headunit?
      That is covered under the CAN+ & CAN- terminals on the car.

2 options on the car:
      a) S-contact in the steering column
      b) 75x terminal in the relay box
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

15. 05-24-2012 08:52 AM #15
      I too am in the middle of wiring my stereo install into 2010 Golf TDI 2d.

I used the diagram which looks similar to the one listed above, from modifiedlife.com however I found that the speaker wires colors were wrong for my doors. It looks like the left and right front door colors are reversed in the diagram.

my RIGHT(passenger side) front had the BRN/Green and BRN/Blue instead of the LEFT front

Anyone else? I swear I looked at it 10 times....

The next stage of installation is to pull the signal from the radio speaker wires to the LOC. I am using an Audiocontrol LC6i, highs and sub amps, then connect the speakers. I ran the power wire down the driver side so planning to run the speaker wires on the passenger side to avoid engine whine.

I noticed there is a 12volt outlet in the cargo area so I was planning to tap that as the remote in to signal the turn on. This will not be the 12v power supply. Anyone tried that yet instead of going the add a fuse route?
      Thanks
      Last edited by tpick23; 05-24-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Vehicles
      2012 GTi
      05-24-2012 09:44 AM #16
      Here's a write up that I did for an amp install. I have the speakers colors listed in there as well. These were found on 2-2012 GTi's

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...io-Upgrade-DIY

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf GTI
      07-03-2012 10:07 PM #17
      I had this same problem as the installers used the ciggie lighter for the remote on wire. I was getting feedback through the sub when the head unit was turned off as the amp was still being powered. I simply added an in-line on/off switch on the splice wire they took off the ciggie lighter and problem solved Mount the switch wherever you like if you want it out of sight, just make sure its easily accessible of course.