Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro/Progression thread

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      06-24-2012 07:27 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Java^Tiggy View Post
      Air ride setup is coming along nicely. Im curious what your using for everything and if your planning on notching?
      Air Lift slam kit f/r. and the frame is already notched thanks to swoops

Quote Originally Posted by EUROBORA8V View Post
      God steel wheels are better than anything, well BBS is the only things that is better.

Love the car, simple, functional and MT.

Quick two video's, not 100% happy with the rasp going to add a resonator soon.

Was very disappointed to find out theres a 4k rev limiter even on the 6mt

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      06-29-2012 07:59 PM #27

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      06-30-2012 08:45 PM #28
      Some more progress today, it was slow with the heat.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S 4Motion, 1990 MK2 Jetta Coupe ABAT
      06-30-2012 09:16 PM #29
      What wheels??
      ROFLwagens Upstate,NY VW/Audi

XBL GT: Sketchyx518x

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-01-2012 09:04 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Delprad View Post
      What wheels??
      From an A5 S line, i dont know the name of the wheels

Vehicles
      07-01-2012 09:17 AM #31
      Gotcha they look killer

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-01-2012 06:17 PM #32
      Thanks man, i picked them up from my buddy really cheap but every wheel has curb rash on them. When i went to install thwm today i found out i was also missing a hubcentric ring going to have to grab another one when i get rhe wheels refinished. Got pretty far today only have to finish off a few things in the trunk tomorrow the rain
      stopped me dead in my tracks today.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-03-2012 08:28 PM #33
      And it seems my clutch switch decided to take a sh!t trying a master reset did nothing: car still won't start( gonna try swapping the break switch out tomorrow to verify its just the switch but it looks like ill be getting my first tow to the dealer Thursday the timing is impeccable

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI l Bagged 2010 GTI (Totaled) l 2007 GLI (Sold)
      07-04-2012 10:45 AM #34
      Love the progress.

Sucks about the clutch.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-05-2012 05:40 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      Love the progress.

Sucks about the clutch.
      it definitely sucks but the replacement will be here in the morning, I'm just praying that it will get me going again. On the bright side i did have some extra time to finish up the trunk though

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      07-05-2012 08:22 PM #36
      nice hardline work, did swoops do this or all on your own? Any reason you decided to mount on top instead of flush mount where the spare is?
      2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion | Java^Tiggy Photo/Progress Thread

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-06-2012 07:45 AM #37
      nice hardline work, did swoops do this or all on your own? Any reason you decided to mount on top instead of flush mount where the spare is?
      I did the hardlines myself . It's not difficult but there is definitely a steep learning curve to overcome . I went to see swoops ( Greg) about six weeks ago for the frame notch. They did a great job and were very professional for working out of Greg's garage. They are a great group of guys and would let them work on my car anytime. the tank was mounted above the floorboard because it simply wouldn't have fit without raising the false floor. I have a new tank in the works but after show season ill prob pick up a few two or three gallon tanks and mount them underneath the car to free up the entire trunk again. Until then I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Underneath the floor i still have my spare, 50ft air hose and plenty of room for a survival tool bag i just need to get a set of replacement bags in case of a blowout This is my first time doing anything air related on a car so I'm still completely new and learning.

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      07-06-2012 08:59 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by ZLEB View Post
      I did the hardlines myself . It's not difficult but there is definitely a steep learning curve to overcome . I went to see swoops ( Greg) about six weeks ago for the frame notch. They did a great job and were very professional for working out of Greg's garage. They are a great group of guys and would let them work on my car anytime. the tank was mounted above the floorboard because it simply wouldn't have fit without raising the false floor. I have a new tank in the works but after show season ill prob pick up a few two or three gallon tanks and mount them underneath the car to free up the entire trunk again. Until then I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Underneath the floor i still have my spare, 50ft air hose and plenty of room for a survival tool bag i just need to get a set of replacement bags in case of a blowout This is my first time doing anything air related on a car so I'm still completely new and learning.
      wow, well i commend you on the effort, it looks great so far. Takes a lot of time and money im sure especially to have all those spare parts on hand once its all done too

I am sure I will go bagged down the line maybe after the warranty is up because I will feel a lot more comfortable about it but for now I'm probably going to throw some nice CO's on. Im getting a Stage2 tune tomorrow and a custom exhaust hopefully next week, which reminds me to ask what you think of your downpipe so far and if your planning on getting a catback as well?
      2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion | Java^Tiggy Photo/Progress Thread

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-06-2012 02:10 PM #39
      No go on the switch, its actually located behind the battery box in the engine bay and is extremely inaccessible waiting on the flat bed now

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Tiguan
      07-06-2012 02:53 PM #40
      Great job, looks awesome.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-09-2012 08:45 PM #41
      wow, well i commend you on the effort, it looks great so far. Takes a lot of time and money im sure especially to have all those spare parts on hand once its all done too

I am sure I will go bagged down the line maybe after the warranty is up because I will feel a lot more comfortable about it but for now I'm probably going to throw some nice CO's on. Im getting a Stage2 tune tomorrow and a custom exhaust hopefully next week, which reminds me to ask what you think of your downpipe so far and if your planning on getting a catback as well?

Thanks again man, your truck is looking awesome and I'm sure it has the go now that you flashed it, i would live to see it in person one day. As far as the down pipe my opinion changes everyday I love the reduction of turbo lag while driving, but the idle sound turns me off. Im going to keep my eye out at waterfest for a catted replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by 12Tiguan View Post
      Great job, looks awesome.

so the car went to the dealer late friday, after talking to the service writer we decided that it would be beat if we waited for an (A) on monday. So at lunch i call becuase i havent heard anything yet ni answer i leace a message. I get a call back its not the switch it may be severe and out of warranty yada yada yada. I leave work a half hour early to i can talk to the tech in person and not the middle man. He tells me they swaped the switch, car ran for fifteen security seconds died and threw practically ever electrical code possible.

At this point they have no real clue to the problem but its looking like a MAJOR short somewhere or the ECM is toast ****ing A i haven't even had an oil change yet

Excuse the typos im on my phone

Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-09-2012 09:13 PM #42
      Oh man, that sucks... Keep faith tho sir! If it was easy, everyone would be doing it

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-09-2012 09:32 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by DT EXP View Post
      Oh man, that sucks... Keep faith tho sir! If it was easy, everyone would be doing it
      i found some faith thank's DT

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-10-2012 10:50 PM #44
      Got her home tonight tonight , turns out it was the clutch switch.... on the other end it had pulled out of the fuse box and shorted , dealer claimed it was "not a factory defect and due to the extreme suspension modifications so it was not covered under warranty " I didnt bother to argue, i informed the service writer that him tellinge my warranty was "void" was a bs blanket statement, i am aware certain aspects of my warranty are null and void but is still in full effect he looked puzzled. But since i was working on the car while this issue occurred i cant rule my own error out even though i didn't do ANY work near the fuse box .
      Dealer :1
      Me:0

Still have a few minor things to work out but........ it lays!

now i need the euro R bumper

Vehicles
      07-11-2012 11:50 AM #45
      Got her home tonight tonight , turns out it was the clutch switch.... on the other end it had pulled out of the fuse box and shorted , dealer claimed it was "not a factory defect and due to the extreme suspension modifications so it was not covered under warranty " I didnt bother to argue, i informed the service writer that him tellinge my warranty was "void" was a bs blanket statement, i am aware certain aspects of my warranty are null and void but is still in full effect he looked puzzled. But since i was working on the car while this issue occurred i cant rule my own error out even though i didn't do ANY work near the fuse box .
      Dealer :1
      Me:0

Still have a few minor things to work out but........ it lays!

now i need the euro R bumper
      This looks ****ing awesome.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-11-2012 04:08 PM #46
      This looks ****ing awesome.
      Thank you sir

Vehicles
      07-14-2012 01:13 PM #47
      Thank you sir
      What offset are those?

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-14-2012 02:52 PM #48
      What offset are those?
      19x8.5 et 42 or 38 i forget and the tires are 215/35/19 there's about a quarter inch clearance between the tire and fender liner.

Vehicles
      07-14-2012 02:56 PM #49
      Im having a hard time trying to figure out what size wheel and tire to get for my Tig i am thinking 18x8 225/45R18. I only have about 800 bucks to spend on the total package.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-14-2012 04:30 PM #50
      Im having a hard time trying to figure out what size wheel and tire to get for my Tig i am thinking 18x8 225/45R18. I only have about 800 bucks to spend on the total package.
      Tire rack has a good selection, these caught my eye i think they would look awesome and the price is right too you may need a small spacer up front with the 45 offset. , the modded tigs thread has alot of good info and tire sizes and wheel offsets

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

I use http://www.willtheyfit.com/ its a great offset and rolling diameter calculator. you can play around and see what sizes are going to work as far as backspacing and poke, also if possible its best to choose a tire size that's closest to the oem rolling diameter to reduce speddo error.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast