Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro/Progression thread

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      07-05-2012 08:22 PM #36
      nice hardline work, did swoops do this or all on your own? Any reason you decided to mount on top instead of flush mount where the spare is?
      2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion | Java^Tiggy Photo/Progress Thread

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-06-2012 07:45 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Java^Tiggy View Post
      nice hardline work, did swoops do this or all on your own? Any reason you decided to mount on top instead of flush mount where the spare is?
      I did the hardlines myself . It's not difficult but there is definitely a steep learning curve to overcome . I went to see swoops ( Greg) about six weeks ago for the frame notch. They did a great job and were very professional for working out of Greg's garage. They are a great group of guys and would let them work on my car anytime. the tank was mounted above the floorboard because it simply wouldn't have fit without raising the false floor. I have a new tank in the works but after show season ill prob pick up a few two or three gallon tanks and mount them underneath the car to free up the entire trunk again. Until then I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Underneath the floor i still have my spare, 50ft air hose and plenty of room for a survival tool bag i just need to get a set of replacement bags in case of a blowout This is my first time doing anything air related on a car so I'm still completely new and learning.

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      07-06-2012 08:59 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by ZLEB View Post
      I did the hardlines myself . It's not difficult but there is definitely a steep learning curve to overcome . I went to see swoops ( Greg) about six weeks ago for the frame notch. They did a great job and were very professional for working out of Greg's garage. They are a great group of guys and would let them work on my car anytime. the tank was mounted above the floorboard because it simply wouldn't have fit without raising the false floor. I have a new tank in the works but after show season ill prob pick up a few two or three gallon tanks and mount them underneath the car to free up the entire trunk again. Until then I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Underneath the floor i still have my spare, 50ft air hose and plenty of room for a survival tool bag i just need to get a set of replacement bags in case of a blowout This is my first time doing anything air related on a car so I'm still completely new and learning.
      wow, well i commend you on the effort, it looks great so far. Takes a lot of time and money im sure especially to have all those spare parts on hand once its all done too

I am sure I will go bagged down the line maybe after the warranty is up because I will feel a lot more comfortable about it but for now I'm probably going to throw some nice CO's on. Im getting a Stage2 tune tomorrow and a custom exhaust hopefully next week, which reminds me to ask what you think of your downpipe so far and if your planning on getting a catback as well?

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-06-2012 02:10 PM #39
      No go on the switch, its actually located behind the battery box in the engine bay and is extremely inaccessible waiting on the flat bed now

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Tiguan
      07-06-2012 02:53 PM #40
      Great job, looks awesome.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-09-2012 08:45 PM #41
      wow, well i commend you on the effort, it looks great so far. Takes a lot of time and money im sure especially to have all those spare parts on hand once its all done too

I am sure I will go bagged down the line maybe after the warranty is up because I will feel a lot more comfortable about it but for now I'm probably going to throw some nice CO's on. Im getting a Stage2 tune tomorrow and a custom exhaust hopefully next week, which reminds me to ask what you think of your downpipe so far and if your planning on getting a catback as well?

Thanks again man, your truck is looking awesome and I'm sure it has the go now that you flashed it, i would live to see it in person one day. As far as the down pipe my opinion changes everyday I love the reduction of turbo lag while driving, but the idle sound turns me off. Im going to keep my eye out at waterfest for a catted replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by 12Tiguan View Post
      Great job, looks awesome.

so the car went to the dealer late friday, after talking to the service writer we decided that it would be beat if we waited for an (A) on monday. So at lunch i call becuase i havent heard anything yet ni answer i leace a message. I get a call back its not the switch it may be severe and out of warranty yada yada yada. I leave work a half hour early to i can talk to the tech in person and not the middle man. He tells me they swaped the switch, car ran for fifteen security seconds died and threw practically ever electrical code possible.

At this point they have no real clue to the problem but its looking like a MAJOR short somewhere or the ECM is toast ****ing A i haven't even had an oil change yet

Excuse the typos im on my phone

Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-09-2012 09:13 PM #42
      Oh man, that sucks... Keep faith tho sir! If it was easy, everyone would be doing it

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-09-2012 09:32 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by DT EXP View Post
      Oh man, that sucks... Keep faith tho sir! If it was easy, everyone would be doing it
      i found some faith thank's DT

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-10-2012 10:50 PM #44
      Got her home tonight tonight , turns out it was the clutch switch.... on the other end it had pulled out of the fuse box and shorted , dealer claimed it was "not a factory defect and due to the extreme suspension modifications so it was not covered under warranty " I didnt bother to argue, i informed the service writer that him tellinge my warranty was "void" was a bs blanket statement, i am aware certain aspects of my warranty are null and void but is still in full effect he looked puzzled. But since i was working on the car while this issue occurred i cant rule my own error out even though i didn't do ANY work near the fuse box .
      Dealer :1
      Me:0

Still have a few minor things to work out but........ it lays!

now i need the euro R bumper

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S 4Motion, 2001.5 Passat 30v (new project)
      07-11-2012 11:50 AM #45
      Got her home tonight tonight , turns out it was the clutch switch.... on the other end it had pulled out of the fuse box and shorted , dealer claimed it was "not a factory defect and due to the extreme suspension modifications so it was not covered under warranty " I didnt bother to argue, i informed the service writer that him tellinge my warranty was "void" was a bs blanket statement, i am aware certain aspects of my warranty are null and void but is still in full effect he looked puzzled. But since i was working on the car while this issue occurred i cant rule my own error out even though i didn't do ANY work near the fuse box .
      Dealer :1
      Me:0

Still have a few minor things to work out but........ it lays!

now i need the euro R bumper
      This looks ****ing awesome.
      ROFLwagens Upstate,NY VW/Audi

XBL GT: Sketchyx518x

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-11-2012 04:08 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Delprad View Post
      This looks ****ing awesome.
      Thank you sir

Vehicles
      07-14-2012 01:13 PM #47
      Thank you sir
      What offset are those?

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-14-2012 02:52 PM #48
      What offset are those?
      19x8.5 et 42 or 38 i forget and the tires are 215/35/19 there's about a quarter inch clearance between the tire and fender liner.

Vehicles
      07-14-2012 02:56 PM #49
      Im having a hard time trying to figure out what size wheel and tire to get for my Tig i am thinking 18x8 225/45R18. I only have about 800 bucks to spend on the total package.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-14-2012 04:30 PM #50
      Im having a hard time trying to figure out what size wheel and tire to get for my Tig i am thinking 18x8 225/45R18. I only have about 800 bucks to spend on the total package.
      Tire rack has a good selection, these caught my eye i think they would look awesome and the price is right too you may need a small spacer up front with the 45 offset. , the modded tigs thread has alot of good info and tire sizes and wheel offsets

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

I use http://www.willtheyfit.com/ its a great offset and rolling diameter calculator. you can play around and see what sizes are going to work as far as backspacing and poke, also if possible its best to choose a tire size that's closest to the oem rolling diameter to reduce speddo error.

Vehicles
      07-14-2012 08:11 PM #51
      Hmm those are pretty nice

17. 07-14-2012 09:02 PM #52
      look amazing!

The spacers made a huge difference on the stock look. What spacers were you running and are you getting rid of them? I've got an 09 tig im looking to do coils on soon.

Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      07-14-2012 09:58 PM #53
      Looking good man! Saw your post over on Golfmk6 about the service department. That's some BS!

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-17-2012 06:31 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by officerjon View Post
      look amazing!

The spacers made a huge difference on the stock look. What spacers were you running and are you getting rid of them? I've got an 09 tig im looking to do coils on soon.
      pm'd

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
      Looking good man! Saw your post over on Golfmk6 about the service department. That's some BS!
      Thanks man saw you over there too didnt know you were on vortex I got shafted pretty hard unfortunately. Taking the issue up with corporate to gety roadside tow changed to the next closest dealer.

On a good note Jeff from airlift is the man, their customer service is top notch and therea a good chance i may still make waterfest.....

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      07-24-2012 10:46 AM #55
      After washing my car yesterday i noticed both headlights had condensation inside anyone else with halogen lights have this issue?

Vehicles
      2013 RBM Golf R Stg3, 2002 MKIV GTI
      08-03-2012 12:15 PM #56
      After washing my car yesterday i noticed both headlights had condensation inside anyone else with halogen lights have this issue?
      suprising because I haveactoually tried to pull apart my housings to paint the background black and no luck. Its like VW used a super human glue and they staple them togather too....
      '13 RBM Golf .:R APR Stg3
      '10 CW Bagged Tiguan APR Stg2
      '02 Mk4 GTI Stock DD

22. 08-04-2012 01:17 PM #57
      Very nice... What airlift kit did you use?

Vehicles
      '89 Cabby (Under construction), 2000 GTi, 2012 Tiguan
      08-04-2012 04:39 PM #58
      Great work on this man. Jealous!

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      08-04-2012 06:19 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by hazy450 View Post
      suprising because I haveactoually tried to pull apart my housings to paint the background black and no luck. Its like VW used a super human glue and they staple them togather too....
      I was under that impression too. There is actually a mk6 gti near me that successfully removed the lens and painted the housing, but he wont share how he did it. After talking to a few gti guys it turns out random condensation is a common issue so im not overly concerned. I've washed my car a few times since with out any issues hopefully it was just the extra humidity that day, here are a few pictures of the condensation and the marks inside the headlight

Quote Originally Posted by mista808 View Post
      Very nice... What airlift kit did you use?
      Airlift MKV slam kit front and rear but im upgrading the rears to SS 6's next week. They have a better construction over the airlift rears and more range in adjustablity. The airlift rears dont lift nearly as high as the fronts so the ride quailty suffers from running more then optimal psi in the rears. And they lay out an inch lower

Quote Originally Posted by foxontherun View Post
      Great work on this man. Jealous!

25. 08-04-2012 09:48 PM #60
      Thanks.... I think I may have found the next car for my girlfriend... Just gotta get rid of her a3...

Vehicles
      08-04-2012 11:48 PM #61
      Condensation in the headlights on any car has always irked the hell out of me. Good luck with the new air kit.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      08-12-2012 09:18 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by mista808 View Post
      Thanks.... I think I may have found the next car for my girlfriend... Just gotta get rid of her a3...
      No problem, ive always been a fan of the a3's myself im sure she would love the tiguan

Condensation in the headlights on any car has always irked the hell out of me. Good luck with the new air kit.
      Me too, Ive been making a point of checking everytime it rain or ive washed it since and it hassen't repeated so im hoping it was a one time thing

Not to much to update, i woke up the other morning to find a new tenant has moved in. He held on the entire drive to work so i didn't have the heart to kill the tuff little guy

Normal ride height

Im considering running this basket i laying around that i had previously made for my mk3, not sure if im going to leave it as i have my eye on the thule 686BXT Atlantis 1600 cargo box but i think it might stay for a while

Next up is the Ross-Tech vcds, a few Brake upgrades, new rear swaybar, TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Subframe Collar Kit, BETTER rear bags, and if theres anything left in the checking account I will be making the switch to nitrogen and eliminating the air compressor no more noise and no more draining the tanks and water traps

Vehicles
      08-12-2012 09:31 PM #63
      I want to drop our tiggy so badly but the wife wants to keep the factory warranty in full check. I just did new coils on the golf and I'm hoping it changes her mind...

Good luck on the better bags and nitrogen.

watching....

Vehicles
      80 Rabbit - 83, 85 & 91 Jetta - 87 & 03 GTi - 13 Golf R
      08-13-2012 10:16 AM #64
      Your Tig looks awesome!

How did you get the manual trans in the states? We were told that was not an option.
      1966 Beetle - 83 Jetta Deluxe - 87 VR GTi - No. 0242 - 2012 Tiguan (hers)

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      08-13-2012 10:17 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by dOWa242 View Post
      Your Tig looks awesome!

How did you get the manual trans in the states? We were told that was not an option.
      Its only an option on the S model...What trim did you inquire about?

Vehicles
      80 Rabbit - 83, 85 & 91 Jetta - 87 & 03 GTi - 13 Golf R
      08-13-2012 12:18 PM #66
      Maybe that was why I thought it wasn't an option. We were dead set on the SE. So the 6mt is only FWD?

Either way this Tig looks great! Ours just went in today to get the tranny flash for the early shift issue. Has less than 2k miles.
      1966 Beetle - 83 Jetta Deluxe - 87 VR GTi - No. 0242 - 2012 Tiguan (hers)

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      08-13-2012 01:16 PM #67
      Maybe that was why I thought it wasn't an option. We were dead set on the SE. So the 6mt is only FWD?

Either way this Tig looks great! Ours just went in today to get the tranny flash for the early shift issue. Has less than 2k miles.
      You can actually get the S Manual with 4 Motion but its pretty rare to come across. They would probably have to special order one which would make delivery take a long time

Vehicles
      06 Mini Cooper S, 09 Mini Clubman, no more VW's :-(
      08-13-2012 01:41 PM #68
      looking good
      Flickr :: eemilitia.com
      Quote Originally Posted by Throttle_Inc View Post
      I believe there's a Vortex Action Set that you can download somewhere that lowers all cars in photos by about 140%.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      08-14-2012 07:56 PM #69
      I want to drop our tiggy so badly but the wife wants to keep the factory warranty in full check. I just did new coils on the golf and I'm hoping it changes her mind...

Good luck on the better bags and nitrogen.

watching....
      Thanks man, I've already had an issue not covered under warranty and blamed on the suspension

Your Tig looks awesome!

You can actually get the S Manual with 4 Motion but its pretty rare to come across. They would probably have to special order one which would make delivery take a long time
      I was under the impression that only S models came fwd. Even factory orders its not possible (i would have awd and leather if i could)
      Quote Originally Posted by XstartXtodayX View Post
      looking good
      Thank you been busy ill send you a pm tomorrow

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      08-14-2012 09:56 PM #70
      I was under the impression that only S models came fwd. Even factory orders its not possible (i would have awd and leather if i could)
      S model is avail with Manual or Auto and the auto has options of FWD or 4Motion...although even though it isnt on the site apparently you can also request the manual with a 4motion because thats the combination that GoodSpeed made their downpipe for. Whether its the most current model im not sure but thats all the info I have.

And FYI for anyone that cares, goodspeed told me straight out that they are no longer selling the 3" downpipe or fabricating anymore because they got scammed 3 or 4 times....sucks, i was really banking on that one for my 4motion

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast