Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 74

    Thread: My Golf R Buying and Delivery Experience - Bay Area

    1. Member iMod.:R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2005
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      3,331
      Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      02-04-2012 07:08 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
      They are selling it for MSRP. I almost bought it but I really want blue. See Art Sabiniano. Great guy. Super up front and honest. I hope one of you guys snap up that R!!
      I heard a rumor that there will be a R.Blue 4 door loaded at Boardwalk, call and ask for Moe or Stu. Tell 'em Jason sent you!

    2. Member PDXA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2001
      Location
      Austin, TX formally Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      1,267
      Vehicles
      Audi D2 S8...
      02-25-2012 03:55 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by dredog65 View Post
      I have to agree with you 100%. I purchased my 2012 GTI from Winn VW (Sam) a couple months back and they treated me great. I visited them on friday to look at you car. Sam is a dealer there and he fwd me some photos of your R while i was in class. During my lunch break i went to see it as it was being detailed. It looked awesome in person and i think that CSG is a great color on the car. I wish i would have been patient now and waited for them to come out. I thought they would be priced much higher than they are for some reason. I think i would have justified the difference between a Autobahn 4 door gti and a 4 door golf r.
      Hope you enjoy your car.. looks nice

      Good to know, I'm certainly looking for a honest sales person with a straight up price here in the bay area.

      Last time I purchased a VW was in 08 with James at Sunnyvale VW, not sure if he is even around any more.
      I'm certainly not in a mark up game, so straight up pricing is works for me...
      Current: Golf-R Rising Blue 4-door loaded, Mazda MX-5, several mods #333
      Former: Audi D2 S8 Ming Blue
      Former: VW mkV GTi United Gray, B6 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Atlas Gray
      B5 A4 1.8TQM Santorin Blue J31-K04 Beauty
      B5.5 Passat TDi, Euro model...

    3. Member MD_DubR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2003
      Location
      San Diego/SF
      Posts
      182
      Vehicles
      2002 GTI, 2013 .:R
      02-25-2012 05:05 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by tzwizard View Post
      Wrote this in another thread, but, Royal Motors in SF doesn't have any inventory to begin with. Demo models arrive "mid to late Feb" and they said they will not be taking orders until they get those, which would be "3 month lead time". By the time they get inventory (3 months after demos arrive) they said, "you may as well custom order". Taking my chances and waiting until dealers get their heads out of their A** to purchase around the Bay Area, I think.

      Any thoughts for us Bay Area'ers? Anyone heard anything different from Royal?
      That's not at all what I have heard from them. I have a CSG 2dr loaded in production with ETA mid-May. I put the deposit down for it in late October. The salesman I am dealing with on the Audi side emailed me and told me they sold their first allocation in early February for 4K over sticker.

    4. Senior Member feels_road's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2005
      Location
      East Bay Area
      Posts
      22,614
      Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      02-25-2012 06:49 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by iThread View Post
      I've only ever dealt with Winn and Sunnyvale in my car buying experience. Both of those dealerships have treated me right in both sales and service. I've never dealt with any of the others not because of negative experiences but just because I've always dealt with Winn and Sunnyvale so I've never had a reason to try Stevens Creek or Boardwalk.
      I consistently hear good things about Winn and Sunnyvale. Boardwalk used to have a good reputation, also, but I think a lot of the good salespeople have left. I ordered my TDI at Royal Motors when there were very few allocations and many dealers didn't take orders, and they treated me well - however, since then, Mico (who knew the system well and is a great guy) has left.

      BTW, Mico is the guy who started the Track your R/Ask a salesperson thread.
      Last edited by feels_road; 02-26-2012 at 12:43 AM.

    5. Member PDXA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2001
      Location
      Austin, TX formally Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      1,267
      Vehicles
      Audi D2 S8...
      02-25-2012 03:18 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by feels_road View Post
      I consistently hear good things about Winn and Sunnyvale. Boardwalk used to have a good reputation, also, but I think a lot of the good salespeople have left. I ordered my TDI at Royal Motors when there were very few allocations and many dealers didn't take orders, and they treated me well - however, since then, Mico (who new the system well and is a great guy) has left.
      From Winn and Sunnyvale what current sales guys do the people on this board recommend as a contact...

      I'm willing to put in a order...
      Current: Golf-R Rising Blue 4-door loaded, Mazda MX-5, several mods #333
      Former: Audi D2 S8 Ming Blue
      Former: VW mkV GTi United Gray, B6 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Atlas Gray
      B5 A4 1.8TQM Santorin Blue J31-K04 Beauty
      B5.5 Passat TDi, Euro model...

    6. Global Moderator iThread's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2005
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      19,420
      Vehicles
      67 Bug, 92 Miata, 12 Golf R.
      02-25-2012 06:15 PM #41
      I dealt with Hardik Patel at Sunnyvale. Great guy.

    7. Member PDXA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2001
      Location
      Austin, TX formally Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      1,267
      Vehicles
      Audi D2 S8...
      02-25-2012 08:37 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by iThread View Post
      I dealt with Hardik Patel at Sunnyvale. Great guy.
      Thanks for the contact name...I'm guessing that James Jamous is no longer there...
      Current: Golf-R Rising Blue 4-door loaded, Mazda MX-5, several mods #333
      Former: Audi D2 S8 Ming Blue
      Former: VW mkV GTi United Gray, B6 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Atlas Gray
      B5 A4 1.8TQM Santorin Blue J31-K04 Beauty
      B5.5 Passat TDi, Euro model...

    8. Global Moderator iThread's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2005
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      19,420
      Vehicles
      67 Bug, 92 Miata, 12 Golf R.
      02-25-2012 09:18 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by PDXA4 View Post
      Thanks for the contact name...I'm guessing that James Jamous is no longer there...
      Dunno, when I asked the owner way back when the car was announced who would be the best sales person to work with and would not mind me asking for updates on the order from time to time, Hardik is the one he had me work with.

    9. Member PDXA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2001
      Location
      Austin, TX formally Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      1,267
      Vehicles
      Audi D2 S8...
      02-25-2012 10:10 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by iThread View Post
      Dunno, when I asked the owner way back when the car was announced who would be the best sales person to work with and would not mind me asking for updates on the order from time to time, Hardik is the one he had me work with.
      Tks. I sent Hardik a email...
      Current: Golf-R Rising Blue 4-door loaded, Mazda MX-5, several mods #333
      Former: Audi D2 S8 Ming Blue
      Former: VW mkV GTi United Gray, B6 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Atlas Gray
      B5 A4 1.8TQM Santorin Blue J31-K04 Beauty
      B5.5 Passat TDi, Euro model...

    10. 02-26-2012 08:50 PM #45
      Talk to Tom at Boardwalk,he is a real car guy. We bought our 2010 Golf from Tom and he is working on my Golf R delivery.

    11. Member Lamfalus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 1999
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      1,433
      Vehicles
      '97 Jetta GLX; '01 GTI 1.8T; '12 Golf R
      02-26-2012 09:21 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by PedroPat130 View Post
      Talk to Tom at Boardwalk,he is a real car guy. We bought our 2010 Golf from Tom and he is working on my Golf R delivery.
      He's working on ALL our deliveries!
      Past - 2001 GTI 1.8T, 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
      Present - 2012 Golf R

    12. Member PDXA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2001
      Location
      Austin, TX formally Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      1,267
      Vehicles
      Audi D2 S8...
      02-27-2012 01:20 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by PedroPat130 View Post
      Talk to Tom at Boardwalk,he is a real car guy. We bought our 2010 Golf from Tom and he is working on my Golf R delivery.
      Thanks for the name.
      I just sent him a email also...
      Current: Golf-R Rising Blue 4-door loaded, Mazda MX-5, several mods #333
      Former: Audi D2 S8 Ming Blue
      Former: VW mkV GTi United Gray, B6 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Atlas Gray
      B5 A4 1.8TQM Santorin Blue J31-K04 Beauty
      B5.5 Passat TDi, Euro model...

    13. Junior Member rcvduber's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2006
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      63 Beetle, 65 K. Ghia Convert, 86 GTI, 92 GTI, 00 Jetta GLX, 07 Passat Wagon Sport Pkg 2
      02-28-2012 01:21 PM #48
      If anyone is interested....

      SC CSG R

      My RB 4 Dr isn't due until June 4th.

    14. Junior Member bpilk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2012
      Location
      Santa Cruz, CA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      '12 4dr CSG GTI/ '06 MKV GTI
      02-28-2012 01:27 PM #49
      I test drove that 2dr on saturday, would have jumped on it but i want a 4dr base. Rcvduber did you order in Santa Cruz and when did you place the order to get the June 4th date.

    15. Junior Member rcvduber's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2006
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      63 Beetle, 65 K. Ghia Convert, 86 GTI, 92 GTI, 00 Jetta GLX, 07 Passat Wagon Sport Pkg 2
      02-28-2012 02:01 PM #50
      I ordered 10/30. What about you?

    16. Junior Member bpilk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2012
      Location
      Santa Cruz, CA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      '12 4dr CSG GTI/ '06 MKV GTI
      02-28-2012 02:15 PM #51
      Just about to actually. Did they ask for deposit??

    17. Junior Member rcvduber's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2006
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      63 Beetle, 65 K. Ghia Convert, 86 GTI, 92 GTI, 00 Jetta GLX, 07 Passat Wagon Sport Pkg 2
      02-28-2012 02:55 PM #52
      They asked me to stop by and put down a $1000 deposit. When I showed up, it was $500. They took my credit card info but they never ran it. I think they want some assurance that if they order my car, I will not try to haggle with them when it arrives (I agreed to MSRP).

    18. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jan 30th, 2012
      Posts
      13
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      02-28-2012 04:19 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by bpilk View Post
      I test drove that 2dr on saturday, would have jumped on it but i want a 4dr base. Rcvduber did you order in Santa Cruz and when did you place the order to get the June 4th date.
      bpilk - there was a base 4D at Serramonte as of Sunday morning. I haven't had good experiences with them though, which is why I never tried to get the R through them.

      That said, has anyone dealt with the Momentum VW in Fairfield, CA? Been reading a bunch of posts about the R for a month and I'm getting nervous because I put a deposit with them, but only have emails back and forth discussing price, etc. Just hoping that because I don't have a contract or anything signed that they don't turn around and up the price (or just sell it to someone else) when it comes in.

    19. Member CALICSGR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2012
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      462
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R 4 door CSG
      02-28-2012 06:03 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by madmanadam View Post
      bpilk - there was a base 4D at Serramonte as of Sunday morning. I haven't had good experiences with them though, which is why I never tried to get the R through them.

      That said, has anyone dealt with the Momentum VW in Fairfield, CA? Been reading a bunch of posts about the R for a month and I'm getting nervous because I put a deposit with them, but only have emails back and forth discussing price, etc. Just hoping that because I don't have a contract or anything signed that they don't turn around and up the price (or just sell it to someone else) when it comes in.
      Before I decided on the R, I was shopping for a GTI Autobahn. I called around to all the dealerships, and some guy from Serramonte called and said, "that is a rare car and we are asking a few thousand over sticker." For an Autobahn! I told him what some other dealer already quoted me for an Autobahn (under sticker), and he said "that is a good deal, you should jump on that." I said, "ok, goodbye." A few minutes later the guy calls me back saying he can beat the price by a few hundred. I said no thanks. Never do business with that place, they are scum salesmen.

    20. 02-29-2012 12:23 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by rcvduber View Post
      I ordered 10/30.
      You ordered in October and are not getting the car until June 4?

    21. Junior Member rcvduber's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2006
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      63 Beetle, 65 K. Ghia Convert, 86 GTI, 92 GTI, 00 Jetta GLX, 07 Passat Wagon Sport Pkg 2
      02-29-2012 12:47 PM #56
      Yeah, they don't have an emoticon which truly expresses my feelings.

    22. Member landon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 2005
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      2,188
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf TDI DSG w/Tech Package, 2012 Tiguan SEL
      02-29-2012 02:10 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by PDXA4 View Post
      Thanks for the contact name...I'm guessing that James Jamous is no longer there...
      James Jamous is still there, I still get emails from him.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2010
      Posts
      720
      Vehicles
      B7 RS4
      03-03-2012 12:46 AM #58
      There is a white 4-door base sitting in the showroom at Oakland VW. Not sold. Only asking $5k over MSRP.

    24. Global Moderator iThread's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2005
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      19,420
      Vehicles
      67 Bug, 92 Miata, 12 Golf R.
      03-03-2012 03:31 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by xalfa View Post
      There is a white 4-door base sitting in the showroom at Oakland VW. Not sold. Only asking $5k over MSRP.
      Gee, I wonder why it's sitting.

    25. Member phastman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2000
      Location
      Clayton, CA
      Posts
      1,082
      Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R, 2004 MKIV R32 (sold)
      03-07-2012 02:52 PM #60
      Stopped by Dirito VW in Walnut Creek this morning. They had a 2 door fully loaded CSG in the showroom. It's marked up $4k over MSRP - so the total is over $40k. I asked the salesmen if they were doing test drives and he said no. He said they already had 3 or 4 sold orders still coming in. Once they get a few more in stock in a couple of months, he said they'll probably start doing test drives.

    26. Junior Member JAMS_R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2012
      Location
      LVK
      Posts
      43
      03-07-2012 03:00 PM #61
      [QUOTE=CALICSGR;75641108]Took deliver on Friday of my 4DR Sun Roof Nav CSG from Winn Volkswagen in the Bay Area. I paid MSRP + Delivery Fee. These guys were great. Plus they are an APR authorized retailer, which makes it easy to do my mods with them. I highly recommend this place over any other shop in the Bay Area.

      Are you related to the Winn family by any chance? I couldn't even buy a regular GTI there a year ago at MSRP! ...Went down to Capitol and got it at a substantial discount.

    27. Member CALICSGR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2012
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      462
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R 4 door CSG
      03-07-2012 03:25 PM #62
      [QUOTE=JAMS_R;76289971]
      Quote Originally Posted by CALICSGR View Post
      Took deliver on Friday of my 4DR Sun Roof Nav CSG from Winn Volkswagen in the Bay Area. I paid MSRP + Delivery Fee. These guys were great. Plus they are an APR authorized retailer, which makes it easy to do my mods with them. I highly recommend this place over any other shop in the Bay Area.

      Are you related to the Winn family by any chance? I couldn't even buy a regular GTI there a year ago at MSRP! ...Went down to Capitol and got it at a substantial discount.
      I dunno dude, maybe they changed their policy? Winn had a large allotment of Golf Rs because they sell so many GTIs. When I was there, they had a ton of GTIs on lot that were well below MSRP.

      Are you sure you don't work for another Bay Area VW dealer?

    28. Junior Member JAMS_R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2012
      Location
      LVK
      Posts
      43
      03-07-2012 03:33 PM #63
      [QUOTE=CALICSGR;76290374]
      Quote Originally Posted by JAMS_R View Post

      I dunno dude, maybe they changed their policy? Winn had a large allotment of Golf Rs because they sell so many GTIs. When I was there, they had a ton of GTIs on lot that were well below MSRP.

      Are you sure you don't work for another Bay Area VW dealer?
      LOL... NO CHANCE OF THAT!! Just relaying my experience.

    29. Member CALICSGR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2012
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      462
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R 4 door CSG
      03-07-2012 03:35 PM #64
      [QUOTE=JAMS_R;76290496]
      Quote Originally Posted by CALICSGR View Post

      LOL... NO CHANCE OF THAT!! Just relaying my experience.
      It's funny that our experiences were so different. Glad you managed to get a good deal on your ride, and I was able to avoid going over MSRP.

    30. Junior Member JAMS_R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2012
      Location
      LVK
      Posts
      43
      03-07-2012 03:50 PM #65
      [QUOTE=CALICSGR;76290520]
      Quote Originally Posted by JAMS_R View Post

      It's funny that our experiences were so different. Glad you managed to get a good deal on your ride, and I was able to avoid going over MSRP.
      Thanks... I wasn't so lucky with the R; had to go out of state to get one at MSRP.

    31. Member EvoKnvl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 23rd, 2012
      Location
      Bay Area
      Posts
      330
      Vehicles
      RB 4Dr Golf R Stg 3
      03-08-2012 04:00 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by CALICSGR View Post

      It's funny that our experiences were so different. Glad you managed to get a good deal on your ride, and I was able to avoid going over MSRP.
      I, too, am not related to the Winn family, but the sales person I am dealing with is one. I'm waiting on my 2 Dr RB Golf R, and I will be getting it at MSRP as well. Originally it was supposed to arrive in May, but they faxed me the updated sheet, and it shows arrival in May! In fact, it's supposed to be loaded onto the boat this Sat!

    32. 03-13-2012 12:05 AM #67
      This car is still sitting in the dealership showroom. Likely due to the $3k over MSRP asking price.

      Quote Originally Posted by rcvduber View Post
      If anyone is interested....

      SC CSG R

    33. Junior Member bpilk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2012
      Location
      Santa Cruz, CA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      '12 4dr CSG GTI/ '06 MKV GTI
      03-13-2012 12:09 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
      This car is still sitting in the dealership showroom. Likely due to the $3k over MSRP asking price.
      FYI I got this dealership to go below MSRP on my CSG 4dr base order. If you want it I think they will go lower with a little pressure.

    34. Junior Member rcvduber's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2006
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      63 Beetle, 65 K. Ghia Convert, 86 GTI, 92 GTI, 00 Jetta GLX, 07 Passat Wagon Sport Pkg 2
      03-13-2012 01:46 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by bpilk View Post
      FYI I got this dealership to go below MSRP on my CSG 4dr base order. If you want it I think they will go lower with a little pressure.
      What is your estimated delivery date?

    35. Junior Member bpilk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2012
      Location
      Santa Cruz, CA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      '12 4dr CSG GTI/ '06 MKV GTI
      03-13-2012 02:15 AM #70
      ordered about 2 weeks ago, have yet to receive one

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •