Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seperation / Divorce

1. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      01-31-2012 03:40 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Chilledman View Post
      She needs someone else that is more family and more religious oriented then I will ever be.
      I'm really glad I thought of this before I proceeded in marrying my high school sweetheart. We still keep in touch and she's on a totally different spectrum religously than I am...

Friends...fine.
      Lovers...not really.
      Marriage....I'd commit suicide before marrying her.

2. Banned
      01-31-2012 03:52 PM #27
      along with realizing the Religion / Cult I used to be with is a load of crap ,
      Impossible

I'm curious, how did you fall for it to begin with?

Vehicles
      '12 GLI AB, '08 A3 STi, '03 20thAE GTI #3255, '97 GTI 2.sl0w
      01-31-2012 04:26 PM #28
      Lol actually my spelling should be better since my phone autocorrects everything.

I think I am just going to go with .

It's.not you its me we have grown apart since I have changed.who I am and what I want in life over the last few years .

. Is near the spacebar ....
      Tell her that you've realized that you've stopped growing as a couple and started growing as individuals. Build from there. Don't bring in the religion thing but try and illustrate to her that you both want different things.

Unfortunately I know some people that have also been in your situation. They got married very early, tried their best to make things work and realized they're a different person x amount of years later. Only other piece of advice I can give you is to do it now. Don't waste anymore time and emotion (on both sides). Good luck sir
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just not their own facts.

02-01-2012 04:54 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubChaos View Post
      Impossible

I'm curious, how did you fall for it to begin with?
      I was born into the Borg ......

It was never my thing ever and has always been a thorn in my side , I never fit in never believed it and never understood the need for it either . That and personality wise I don't belong at all .

It's just taken this much time to read others view points on them and mine were the same long before.

Some people need someone or something else as a reason.to. live , I don't I live for the thrill of the day month or year .

I don't need my reason to live is due some douche is having a pissing.match with some other douche of who's cooler , if they are acutally there , there worst then Politicians since there both happy to watch us suffer while doing not a thing . fck em both

There both selfish *******s .
      Last edited by Chilledman; 02-01-2012 at 04:59 PM.

02-01-2012 04:59 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Taking a walk on the wild side and exploring your options from the homo thread?
      No the chubby and cougar thread are were my intrests are headed

6. Geriatric Member firefighterjunkie's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '04 GTI and '03 Passat Wagon
      02-01-2012 05:00 PM #31
      Just be honest with her. And make sure she knows that you aren't interested in reconciling or working things through, otherwise you'll just lead her on.

Maybe she's been questioning her decision to marry you as well and due to religion won't be the one to initiate the divorce?

My best friend is mormon and married a mormon guy when they were 21...after 5+ years he decided he didn't want to live that lifestyle anymore and they had a big heart to heart and they amicably divorced without attorneys. She wanted to continue her religious lifestyle, he didn't, so they came to the agreement that they were better off separate. *shrug* They are still friends now, and live completely different types of lifestyles.

02-01-2012 05:01 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Divorce sucks, whether you wanted it or not. Plan to be angry as all hell at the crap she's going to put you through because "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" You better be trying to hide that $20k because she or a lawyer is going to end up with it.

You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's ****ing worth it!

Or, you can try to work it out with her first. Try marriage counseling. Although, I would never have married a Jehovah's Witness
      Money I dont care about at all , as far as I am concered she can have everything .
      All I need is my actual clothes that are mine and the rest is hers.

I know she wont stay at the house so , I am hoping to get that back but if not I can find another place with ease.

02-01-2012 05:04 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjunkie View Post
      Just be honest with her. And make sure she knows that you aren't interested in reconciling or working things through, otherwise you'll just lead her on.

Maybe she's been questioning her decision to marry you as well and due to religion won't be the one to initiate the divorce?

My best friend is mormon and married a mormon guy when they were 21...after 5+ years he decided he didn't want to live that lifestyle anymore and they had a big heart to heart and they amicably divorced without attorneys. She wanted to continue her religious lifestyle, he didn't, so they came to the agreement that they were better off separate. *shrug* They are still friends now, and live completely different types of lifestyles.
      We spoke about something like this about 4-5 months ago where I wanted more space for myself and didnt want to spend as much time with her . She took that ok ish. She still want to stay together , but with the new job and being gone every other week she complained about that, I personally view what each of us needs out of a significant other is 100% different.
      She needs someone there all the time where I need someone there once and great while , and being married for so long its driving me nuts.

9. Banned
      02-02-2012 09:32 AM #34
      She needs someone there all the time where I need someone there once and great while , and being married for so long its driving me nuts.
      You just found out above now? Should've thought about that before you got married. But I understand things change.

So you have 0 love for your wife?

Hope you are not thinking about another relationship anytime soon...

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      02-02-2012 10:52 AM #35
      Sorry to hear about this Chilledman...

But if it's the right thing to do then it's the right thing to do.

Keep us posted!

BTW...i'm curious, which "cult" were you in?

Good luck dude!
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      02-02-2012 10:59 AM #36
      And right now I just really want someone to burry into the mattress right now

chilledman by scottybell1313, on Flickr

What people don't realize is that the hole behind Chilledman in this pic actually started out the size of a sink drain when he first got there...

PS... i say dress up like this when you tell her, just in case things get... weird.
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

02-02-2012 06:03 PM #37

That is an fantastic pic !

02-02-2012 06:15 PM #38
      You just found out above now? Should've thought about that before you got married. But I understand things change.

So you have 0 love for your wife?

Hope you are not thinking about another relationship anytime soon...
      I was 19/20 at the time what do you expect ?

I do love her dont get me wrong shes a great person but as others said what I want in life and what she wants are now turning into two different directions.

Another relationship .... hells no I got a bunch of single guy stuff I want " todo "

14. Banned
      02-03-2012 01:38 PM #39
      If you love her then I would say try one more time.

SPILL all of your feelings about the stupid cult/religion and tell her how you really feel.

Hiding those feelings and just packing up and leaving is probably not the best way to go.

Kind of sounds like you are just horny for other *****. Sure go nuts chasing it, just keep in mind that in the long chasing skirt will get boring and your feelings will remain.

Vehicles
      08 Speed Triple
      02-03-2012 07:03 PM #40
      Bro just be straight forward with her. Tell her how you feel and tell her what you intend to do. It will just be easier then giving her some lame cop out about you guys growing apart.

02-03-2012 10:48 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Varsix View Post
      Bro just be straight forward with her. Tell her how you feel and tell her what you intend to do. It will just be easier then giving her some lame cop out about you guys growing apart.
      It's not a cop out at all we are going apart .
      Well.she's still the same person and I am going in the opposite.direction.

02-03-2012 10:50 PM #42
      If you love her then I would say try one more time.

SPILL all of your feelings about the stupid cult/religion and tell her how you really feel.

Hiding those feelings and just packing up and leaving is probably not the best way to go.

Kind of sounds like you are just horny for other *****. Sure go nuts chasing it, just keep in mind that in the long chasing skirt will get boring and your feelings will remain.
      I am willing to.take that chance .
      You have one life to live and I want to try something new .

18. Member
      02-04-2012 09:10 AM #43
      So, you know what to do and are going to do it. Good luck. And to add to your terrible typing, I see that you have decided to throw in random periods between words. Nice touch.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      02-04-2012 02:15 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      So, you know what to do and are going to do it. Good luck. And to add to your terrible typing, I see that you have decided to throw in random periods between words. Nice touch.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-04-2012 03:46 PM #45
      Add another tally to the notion of being honest, direct, and straight forward. Don't use any vague language or phrases that will lead her on.

It's going to be a difficult situation but just being straight forward with her and not leading her on will be better in the end. Good luck, man.

21. Banned
      02-06-2012 03:54 PM #46
      I am willing to.take that chance .
      You have one life to live and I want to try something new .
      You are being selfish.

If you love this woman then save her. She needs your help!!!

Only thing you can do is try. Tell her you love her, tell her how you feel and your concerns. Also tell her that you need to see the change in order to continue.

But I have this feeling that even if she was to give up the cult/church......you would still "need something new".

Be a man, you made a commitment and gave her your word.
      Last edited by VdubChaos; 02-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.

02-07-2012 10:22 PM #47
      Planning on telling her next weekend .

What's a better day ?
      Friday ?
      Saturday?
      Sunday ?

Or maybe the weekend after since I will be abe away the last week of the month for work .....

Vehicles
      a thumper and a diesel wagon...
      02-09-2012 11:40 AM #48
      There both selfish *******s .
      Pot...
      “Supermoto bikes exist so that 40 year old men who know better can act like total a--holes.”

"Crossfit is the meatspin.com of circuit training."

24. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      02-09-2012 12:20 PM #49
      Planning on telling her next weekend .

What's a better day ?
      Friday ?
      Saturday?
      Sunday ?

Or maybe the weekend after since I will be abe away the last week of the month for work .....
      Just send her a text bro.

25. 02-09-2012 03:51 PM #50
      No kids means I see no problem with this. If you are not happy and are certain that you will not be happy staying in this marriage, then tell your wife straight to her face and move on with your life.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast