Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got screwed by Fernando Rivera of Wilmington !!!!!!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      01-30-2012 10:30 PM #1
      Just want to give everybody the heads up.
      I recently got ripped off by a mechanic down in Wilmington.

Rivera Racing in Wilmington
      Fernando Rivera
      330 Lakme Avenue
      Wilmington, California
      (310) 951-1485

Fernando is not a mechanic.
      Fernando does not have a shop.
      Fernando does not have any type of valid license.
      Fernando does not give receipts because he does not honour his work.

Fernando only rents a bay in the shop, that he even claimed to own.
      Jose Olaya, is the real owner. Fernando is a liar, and a procrastinator.

Buyer beware.

01-30-2012 10:52 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Morbidly Obese View Post
      Just want to give everybody the heads up.
      I recently got ripped off by a mechanic down in Wilmington.

Rivera Racing in Wilmington
      Fernando Rivera
      330 Lakme Avenue
      Wilmington, California
      (310) 951-1485

Fernando is not a mechanic.
      Fernando does not have any type of valid license.
      Fernando does not give receipts because he does not honour his work.

Fernando only rents a bay in the shop, that he even claimed to own.
      Jose Olaya, is the real owner. Fernando is a liar, and a procrastinator.

Buyer beware.

wherever you found him, yelp or whatever post there to warn people,
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr
      Instagram: @twilliams83

Vehicles
      89 e30_89 mkII_96 mk3 vr_Mkiv Golf gls_05 GLI_Mkiv 20Th's BMP and Imola #1799
      01-30-2012 11:21 PM #3
      Somebody recommended him on here to me, he hooked up all my wiring in my engine bay 1996 2.0 to vr6 i did the swap and ran the harness he did the wiring. He did a good job, one thing is that I called him one day for some work and he accused me of stilling his OBD2 scanner the last time I was at the shop which I didn't .

Anyways whats going on with your situation ? Why is Fernando a liar, and a procrastinator.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8T Jetta 1990 Jetta VR6
      01-31-2012 01:52 AM #4
      how could you steal the on board diagnostic tool!?
      Janky Garage Air suspension(Air Lift, Accuair) Hard Lines, VAGcom,Frame notch, Fender Rolling, Detailing, Tires and wheels, Suspension works and more 619-961-0027

Vehicles
      2 VAGs and a 914.
      01-31-2012 04:11 AM #5
      I know nobody liked it, but do your homework next time. Would have saved yourself in this situation.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      01-31-2012 02:37 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Sullivonski View Post
      I know nobody liked it, but do your homework next time. Would have saved yourself in this situation.

Fernando will promise you the world, take your money, and then will refuse to do the work he agreed to do.

Fernando will then argue that you still owe him more money, on the his unfinished labour, and that he will not let you pick up your car until he is paid in full.

Fernando is a scam artist.

Vehicles
      white car black tires
      01-31-2012 03:48 PM #7
      Janky Garage inc. "Its Clean as Glass" Air Ride installs and more.... Give us a Call 619 961 0027
      Do the Senior Members now qualify for AARP?

8. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      01-31-2012 06:12 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilliams83 View Post
      wherever you found him, yelp or whatever post there to warn people,

I found him on this forum.

I have called him 101 times, he doesn't answer my phone calls, or my messages.

Fernando laughed at me, and told me that he doesn't have papers, doesn't have a drivers license, or a business license..... and he made fun of the whole Court system, by telling me that many people have tried to sue him, but that he has sent "his people" to their house, to shut them up.

Fernando Rivera, repeatedly threatened to burn down the house of whover had the balls to sue him.

Vehicles
      2006 T.Red GTI
      01-31-2012 06:21 PM #9
      I found him on this forum.

I have called him 101 times, he doesn't answer my phone calls, or my messages.

Fernando laughed at me, and told me that he doesn't have papers, doesn't have a drivers license, or a business license..... and he made fun of the whole Court system, by telling me that many people have tried to sue him, but that he has sent "his people" to their house, to shut them up.

Fernando Rivera, repeatedly threatened to burn down the house of whover had the balls to sue him.
      It's harder to sue someone if there was no documents to prove a contract for sale/services was entered into, BUT if you relied on his oral commitment/promise to do work for exchange of money and he was paid (in full or in part) and the process started where he started to fix your car, then a court will most likely determine that in fact a legal contract was entered into legally.

Just because there was no written documents does not mean no contract was entered into. An oral contract is just as legal as is a written contract (i.e. receipt, etc. etc.).

If it was me, I'd start the process of suing him in small claims court (depending on how much the work was for, as long as it does not exceed $7,500), which you do not need an attorney present. All the forms for small claims are online and they have step by step guides to help you fill it out. If for whatever reason the damages or costs or money you are seeking exceed $7,500, then you'll need to get an attorney and file a civil suit in the superior court.
      You scuffed my Pumas!!

Ni Hao Ma?

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 GTI
      01-31-2012 06:29 PM #10

This seems to be a popular reply to problems in Southern California, Where I am from in Tennessee we would call this a challenge and certainly call is bluff.

LPhie has solid advise for you! An oral agreement is a binding contract. And if he doesnt have papers a drivers license and or oher documents hes got more problems to worre about.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      01-31-2012 06:51 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Sullivonski View Post

INTETESTING update.
      I just received several phone calls, and messages from (310) 261-XXXX, from one of Fernando's "people". I was CLEARLY warned to delete this thread, and if I was a man, that I would go tell Fernando, in person.

Well, homeboy, I already spoke to Fernando in person.

This thread is going nowhere.

GO SMOKE A BLUNT.

Vehicles
      2006 T.Red GTI
      01-31-2012 06:57 PM #12
      INTETESTING update.
      I just received several phone calls, and messages from (310) 261-XXXX, from one of Fernando's "people". I was CLEARLY warned to delete this thread, and if I was a man, that I would go tell Fernando, in person.

Well, homeboy, I already spoke to Fernando in person.

This thread is going nowhere.

GO SMOKE A BLUNT.
      Save the messages that was sent to you by his "people". The judge/commissioner in small claims will love to hear/read them.
      You scuffed my Pumas!!

Ni Hao Ma?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 GTI
      01-31-2012 06:57 PM #13
      You have been threatened, You should now file a police report. Taking appropriate action now will help you in the long run if you decide to take this to court.

Edit: Lphie beat me to it.

This guy is an idiot! Plain and simple any case that he had is going out the window fast.
      Last edited by Ajackz; 01-31-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Vehicles
      2006 T.Red GTI
      01-31-2012 06:58 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Ajackz View Post
      You have been threatened, You should now file a police report. Taking appropriate action now will help you in the long run if you decide to take this to court.
      x2
      You scuffed my Pumas!!

Ni Hao Ma?

Vehicles
      3 Volkswagens!
      01-31-2012 07:17 PM #15
      **** talking or posting in here, you guys know what to do!

Vamped Tuning! Scrappy Dubs!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 GTI
      01-31-2012 08:30 PM #16
      A threat is a threat,File a police report. A mutual friend is great, BUT Fernandos "PEOPLE" obviously are not so great. Protect yourself in this situation.

Vehicles
      '92 Jetta | '69 T3 Squareback
      02-01-2012 12:13 PM #17
      Fuck mediating with a guy that snubbed you until his balls are finally against the wall. Nail his ass, or he will do it to someone else.

18. 02-01-2012 12:21 PM #18
      FIRST AT ALL i WHANT TO KNOW WHEN DO YOU CALL ME, BECAUSE MY PHONE HAVE NOT RING, SECOND WHO IS "MY PEOPLE" I didnt know that I have such thing... and wy you dont post your real name, because you dont have any problem disclosing mine, and all the cars that are in my shop rigth now are waiting for parts, if you think that I didnt treat you fair wy you dont give me a call, I never treat any body, and we have a busines licence, I see this type of agression very coward, dont disclosing your name or car...

19. 02-01-2012 12:50 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8T_GoLF View Post
      Somebody recommended him on here to me, he hooked up all my wiring in my engine bay 1996 2.0 to vr6 i did the swap and ran the harness he did the wiring. He did a good job, one thing is that I called him one day for some work and he accused me of stilling his OBD2 scanner the last time I was at the shop which I didn't .

Anyways whats going on with your situation ? Why is Fernando a liar, and a procrastinator.

I remember this sh** hahahahaha.... "That foo thought I jacked his OBD 2 scanner" I was like "WTF let me use it"... hahahaha.... I think we even looked for it because just maybe it was mis placed but nope... NADA.... But as for the work for my homie 1.8T_golf vrsexxx.. I dont think he has had any issues with the wiring on the car.... Thats always a plus...

Its tough finding a good machanic... And to avoid problems like these... I just take my shi* to Mullers in Alhambra... They procrastinate and take a long time BUT.... I do however value their work and although they are not the cheapest They are not Stupid expensive.... they've done a great job on everything Ive taken there...

20. 02-01-2012 12:58 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by drag_vw View Post
      FIRST AT ALL i WHANT TO KNOW WHEN DO YOU CALL ME, BECAUSE MY PHONE HAVE NOT RING, SECOND WHO IS "MY PEOPLE" I didnt know that I have such thing... and wy you dont post your real name, because you dont have any problem disclosing mine, and all the cars that are in my shop rigth now are waiting for parts, if you think that I didnt treat you fair wy you dont give me a call, I never treat any body, and we have a busines licence, I see this type of agression very coward, dont disclosing your name or car...

21. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      02-01-2012 01:02 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by spoon! View Post
      Fuck mediating with a guy that snubbed you until his balls are finally against the wall. Nail his ass, or he will do it to someone else.

FIRST AT ALL i WHANT TO KNOW WHEN DO YOU CALL ME, BECAUSE MY PHONE HAVE NOT RING, SECOND WHO IS "MY PEOPLE" and all the cars that are in my shop rigth now are waiting for parts, and we have a busines licence, I see this type of agression very coward, dont disclosing your name or car...

Yes, Fernando, I have called many, many, many times.
      You promise to finish up on all those projects, but never fix anything.

All the cars that are in your shop have been there for tooooo long. You take peoples money, then are toooo lazy to do the work you promised.

Coward? Haaaaa.
      A coward is a man that hides behind Jose, like you, everytime he rips someone off.

I like your username (drag_vw).
      You drag your lazy feet when its time to work, and you have 101 excuses, why the cars are NEVER done on time.

Fernando Rivera, EVERYBODY knows that you are a JOKE !!!

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      02-01-2012 02:05 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by spoon! View Post

Fernando, even JOSE says you are a joke.
      Even JOSE, and your mechanic buddies that work with you, laugh at you, and joke about how you take peoples money, and then sit on the projects for years, and actually charge people for rent on the space their car takes up in JOSE'S shop.

How long does it take YOU to put a turbo kit on a red Corrado vr6? Or, how long does it take YOU to install a big turbo on a Beetle S?

How long does a car have to sit in your shop until you decide to work on it?

YOU are always broke, because YOU procrastinate.

The day YOU decide to get serious, YOU will become a filthy rich man.

23. 02-01-2012 06:33 PM #23
      Fernando, even JOSE says you are a joke.
      Even JOSE, and your mechanic buddies that work with you, laugh at you, and joke about how you take peoples money, and then sit on the projects for years, and actually charge people for rent on the space their car takes up in JOSE'S shop.

How long does it take YOU to put a turbo kit on a red Corrado vr6? Or, how long does it take YOU to install a big turbo on a Beetle S?

How long does a car have to sit in your shop until you decide to work on it?

YOU are always broke, because YOU procrastinate.

The day YOU decide to get serious, YOU will become a filthy rich man.

Oh...it's you Jay (Smog Jay) how come you not using your old screen name? My apologies if you were not satisfy with the service you got. I wish things had happened differently but not only are you kind of an ass, if you leave the country for extended periods in the middle of projects it makes it hard to satisfy my other customers with your cars "in storage".

In reply to you..

First, how long a project takes that is not yours.. not your business but I appreciate your concern.

Secondly, I am not broke but from how much you brag about everything you must have plenty of extra money to give you still remember my address no? It's listed above in case you forgot

Third the day you stop being "yourself" you may gain a friend or two and that's still a maybe

Finally, you mention " not becoming freinds with your mechanic" Well no worries bJay we were never friends and if I gave you that impression and you felt that you freindship was betrayed, again my apologies. I hope this and a cervesas help start the healing process.
      Last edited by drag_vw; 02-01-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Vehicles
      89 e30_89 mkII_96 mk3 vr_Mkiv Golf gls_05 GLI_Mkiv 20Th's BMP and Imola #1799
      02-01-2012 06:37 PM #24
      I remember when I took my car to the shop like a year or a bit over that he had a red vrt corrado he was working on, is that car still in the shop . . . .

Morbidly Obese

GO SMOKE A BLUNT X2

Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0
      02-01-2012 07:06 PM #25
      Oh...it's you Jay (Smog Jay) how come you not using your old screen name? My apologies if you were not satisfy with the service you got. I wish things had happened differently but not only are you kind of an ass, if you leave the country for extended periods in the middle of projects it makes it hard to satisfy my other customers with your cars "in storage".

In reply to you..

First, how long a project takes that is not yours.. not your business but I appreciate your concern.

Secondly, I am not broke but from how much you brag about everything you must have plenty of extra money to give you still remember my address no? It's listed above in case you forgot

Third the day you stop being "yourself" you may gain a friend or two and that's still a maybe

Finally, you mention " not becoming freinds with your mechanic" Well no worries bJay we were never friends and if I gave you that impression and you felt that you freindship was betrayed, again my apologies. I hope this and a cervesas help start the healing process.

Smog Jay..? I know him! Whattup Jay

this thread sounds a little messy but good luck in the future brotha. ^^^ this guy prob feels like the 'man' with this reply LOL

Vehicles
      2006 T.Red GTI
      02-01-2012 07:16 PM #26

In reply to you..

You scuffed my Pumas!!

Ni Hao Ma?

27. 02-01-2012 07:48 PM #27
      This seems to be a popular reply to problems in Southern California
      Because we have a LARGE population of cowardly caveman pussies living here.

You really trusted you car with a fking retard who writes like this? I'm no xenophobe, but Fernando, go the fk back to whatever sh*thole country you crawled out of, we don't want you here you *******.

I HATE reading **** like this, and sadly it's very common down here Sounds like your typical sociopath.
      Last edited by Antagon3; 02-01-2012 at 07:52 PM.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      02-01-2012 08:39 PM #28

In reply to you..

Funny that you have SCREWED so many people that you dont even know who is who.

Nice try, illiterate dim wit.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 GTI
      02-01-2012 09:34 PM #29
      This thread went to ****...Oh well, Tried to help.

Vehicles
      S1, mk1, mk4, T3 "free candy" edition
      02-01-2012 09:44 PM #30
      entertaining thread is entertaining.

For being shady with your practices....... I called twice one time to see if i could get a swap done. Now im glad i never did in the first place. Even if you jump on here to defend yourself, your terrible grammar just makes it more painful to side with you.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      02-02-2012 11:34 AM #31
      This thread went to ****...Oh well, Tried to help.

I encourage members to share their experiences.
      Good or bad.

Vehicles
      99' E39 540i
      02-02-2012 01:24 PM #32
      I encourage members to share their experiences.
      Good or bad.
      Sharing your experiences with shops, rather good, or bad are always good. When it gets to this level, it should be handled, hands down, no BS, face to face. If you are both men, then handle it as such!!
      Nothing will get settled, going back and forth on a public forum, too much gasoline for the fire.

Vehicles
      2 wheeled peugeot
      02-02-2012 01:34 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by mozcar78 View Post
      your terrible grammar just makes it more painful to side with you.
      This makes me happy.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      First I would bag her. Then I would roll her fenders, then poke her, then stretch her. By the time I was done she would be stanced.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      Apparent insignificance is key to surprise buttsecks. Never let a perceived lack of attention get in the way of prospective rohypnol excursions.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi
      02-02-2012 03:06 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by n2orocco View Post
      Sharing your experiences with shops, rather good, or bad are always good. When it gets to this level, it should be handled, hands down, no BS, face to face. If you are both men, then handle it as such!!
      Nothing will get settled, going back and forth on a public forum, too much gasoline for the fire.
      Stop. Lets not try to play Captain Save-A-Ho.

You know more than anybody.....how ish goes down with Fernando. If you want somebody to BS with, Fernando is your man. If you're looking for a mechanic, look somewhere else.

Once you get screwed by Fernando, you better run and hide, because the man is an expert in damage control.

The nitty gritty to all of this is that FERNANDO has screwed so MANY people....he has absolutely no conscience, or recollection of who he screws over.

Vehicles
      99' E39 540i
      02-02-2012 08:59 PM #35
      Stop. Lets not try to play Captain Save-A-Ho.

You know more than anybody.....how ish goes down with Fernando. If you want somebody to BS with, Fernando is your man. If you're looking for a mechanic, look somewhere else.

Once you get screwed by Fernando, you better run and hide, because the man is an expert in damage control.

The nitty gritty to all of this is that FERNANDO has screwed so MANY people....he has absolutely no conscience, or recollection of who he screws over.
      Don't go that route with me, I'm not the one. All I'm saying is take this sh!t to him, like a man and handle it face to face. I have not had any real work done there, so save the BS... I don't post bang, if you want to talk to me for any reason, face to face is how I do things, anytime, anywhere.. If you want to warn people in your opinion, then do just that.
      Last edited by n2orocco; 02-02-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast