Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2012 A4 Avant pricing

1. 01-31-2012 01:10 AM #1
      How much can one typically get off MSRP these days w/ Audi? Last time I purchased I think I got about 1500 off (not great but better than a stick in the eye). Anything close to the BMW discounts? What is Audi's margin typically (how far apart is invoice and MSRP)? Thinking about getting an Avant (A4) or maybe even waiting for the allroad.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      01-31-2012 02:30 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by cshecks View Post
      How much can one typically get off MSRP these days w/ Audi? Last time I purchased I think I got about 1500 off (not great but better than a stick in the eye). Anything close to the BMW discounts? What is Audi's margin typically (how far apart is invoice and MSRP)? Thinking about getting an Avant (A4) or maybe even waiting for the allroad.
      If you're in the states there is no Avant offered for 2012. There is typically $2000 between cost and MSRP on an Audi and rarely additional rebates outside of owner loyalty or "conquest" programs (additional money if you're traiding in a BMW, Mercedes, etc).

3. 02-01-2012 12:11 AM #3
      http://www.cargurus.com/

http://www.edmunds.com/cars/

http://www.pricehub.com/

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

"This new car is hot, everyone pays MSRP. We don't have to sell it cheaper."
      A common sales tactic in auto sales. If they have any in stock of your new car or SUV, then it's not in demand or there would be 6 month waiting lists. If your new car is not "in demand," then you should "demand" less than MSRP for your new vehicle.

Vehicles
      2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Sport (m-t) but looking for a new VW!
      02-03-2012 09:44 PM #4
      Agreed, no 2012 A4 Avant. Good luck getting on in 2013, too. You may just want to get an Allroad.

That being said, there's about $2000-$3000 mark up in an A4, ranging from Premium to Prestige, respectively. Audi does not offer *cough* rebates* as you put it. If you currently own an Audi, there is probably loyalty, and also some sort of incentive if you own a direct competitor, such as BMW, MB, Lexus, etc.

When I sold Audi's, I generally split the mark up with the customer, 60/40. More if we had a ton of them on the lot, which was rarely the case.

*An INCENTIVE offers another reason to buy the car. A REBATE means the manufacturer overpriced the car.
      So let me get this straight? Your engine is 1.8-liters, and my pop is 2?

5. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 A4 Avant P+, Sports Package
      02-19-2012 10:26 AM #5
      Avants will be close to invoice if you are lucky and can find one on its way here or just in port, Sedans you can get well below.
      Here's how:
      Try the Consumer Reports "Build and Buy" program; there are one or two others out there as well.
      You plug in your model and options and get two or three direct dealer contacts with no haggle prices.
      All are at or under invoice.
      I live in CT and no locals are in the plan.
      However I got three referrals in NJ and selected the one I felt best about over the phone.
      Couldn't be happier.
      I got a few hundred under invoice on a scarce unit - Avant/P+/Sports Package/B&O.
      Plus Loyalty rebate - $1,500.
      Plus ACNA Loyalty - need to be a member 6 months - another $500.

Try it...Good Luck

Vehicles
      2008 GTI, 2003 IY 20th AE, 99 Wolfsburg Jetta
      03-09-2012 07:04 PM #6
      I havent looked yet but they are nice