At long last Solo Werks has released the MK5 platform S1 Coilovers!
We are offering these complete coilover kits for:
Lower 48 states - $499 shipped within the
Hawaii / Alaska / PR - $559 shipped
Canada: $575+GST/HST shipped (all duties and taxes are taken care of by AMI)
Click Here to Order
We have again had the pleasure of performing the Beta testing and first installation on this kit and have the measurements and data over and above the manufacturers specs
Here are the specs / details on the kit:
Features at A Glance
Solo Werks S1 Coilover System - MK5 and MK6 - Premium Entry Level Coilover Suspension!
- NEW FORMULA Silver Zinc Plated Housings for superb corrosion resistance
- Silver spring perches - double lock ring design
- Platform Specific Spring Rates and Matched Valving
- Front 35-55mm (1.4-2.2") Lowering Range
- Rear 35-70mm (1.4-2.75") Lowering Range
- Includes shortened Sway Bar End links!
- 3 year Limited Warranty
Each Kit contains:
- 2 Front Threaded Coilover Dampers -NEW FORMULA Silver Zinc Plated with dual locking ring perches
- 2 Front Springs+2 Helper springs
- 2 Rear Dampers
- 2 Front Swaybar End Links
- 2 Rear Adjustable Perches
- 2 Coilover Spanner Wrenches
Please note, you must reuse your factory bump stops/dust boots with this kit.
Here is the Beta Test car in its testing:
At the Solo Werks lowest "recommended lowest setting - 55mm front 70mm rear":
The Hub to Fender measurements for the Solo Werks Recommended max lowering:
Solo Werks Posted Lowering ranges:
AMI Tested max drop:
AMI Tested max drop measurements:
- Tire size as tested is 225/45/17
- The max lowering shown in the tables above is achieved at the lowest position of the threaded adjustment on both front and rear axles.
- Helper Springs have been retained and should not be removed! See notes below on the Helper Springs.
- These measurements allow for the shock absorbers both front and rear to have the minimum amount of travel required by the engineers to do their job before full bump stop engagement.
- Depending on your wheel and tire combination, you may need spacers to clear the coilover perch/springs. SOLO WERKS recommends at least 5mm clearance in this case.
- At the lowest level with some wheel/tire combinations, you may need to modify one or more of your body panels to allow for sufficient travel of the wheel inside the fenders. Please ensure that you have clearance from all obstacles through the complete travel of the wheels.
NOTES: The Helper springs are there to keep tension on the main spring during full extension of the shock absorber.
The main spring is not long enough on its own to keep the shock at full extension.
Removal of the helpers will result in the main spring being able to travel away from its upper and lower spring perches, and will result in damage to your suspension as well as other components.
DO NOT REMOVE THEM!!!