Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLO WERKS S1 Coilovers for MK6 Jetta's* In stock and Shipping | $499* | at AMI

1. Banner Advertiser eurocollective's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-14-2012 10:16 PM #176
      For everyone who has sent in PMs, Emails and of course Orders!!!

We are shipping out kits daily, so check your email for confirmation and tracking info

Keep the requests coming!

Thanks again for this communities great support

Glen @ AMI
      eurocollective
      sales@eurocollective.com
      Toll Free 1 (888) 362-3117
      BB Exhausts - FK - KW - Magnaflow - Solo Werks - ST - Wagner Tuning & more
      www.eurocollective.com - Contact us for a personalized quote!

2. Banner Advertiser eurocollective's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-15-2012 10:07 PM #177
      Friday Bump - Welcome to the Weekend!

Thanks again to everyone for their questions and orders!

We had a few hiccups this week, but they are all straightened out now and any missing orders will be shipped out on Monday.

Thanks for everyones patience, and look for tracking numbers shortly

Thanks, and have a great weekend

Glen @ AMI
      eurocollective
      sales@eurocollective.com

Vehicles
      2013 Coupe with 4 doors.
      06-17-2012 03:37 AM #178
      I got these but the springs make do much noise like a rough scrunch sound. It's a 2012 gli, I got the blue ones, they just don't sound right , is there something I am missing here, they are mounted correctly and all. Any advice or help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2012 Platinum Grey Metallic GLI Audobahn w/ Nav DSG
      06-17-2012 08:03 AM #179
      Anyone that installed these on 12 gli how does this set compare in ride quality? I really want to order its the last part my car is missing but my wife drives it a lot 2 so if its 2 rough I'll b pulling them back out?

Sent from my Liquid Nexus on Tapatalk 2
      HEX-USB+CAN Interface Vag com southern new jersey

Vehicles
      mkvi Jetta, 09 CC
      06-17-2012 07:04 PM #180
      Quote Originally Posted by MrMcCoy View Post
      I got these but the springs make do much noise like a rough scrunch sound. It's a 2012 gli, I got the blue ones, they just don't sound right , is there something I am missing here, they are mounted correctly and all. Any advice or help would be great.

I am having the same issue. i have to do something because the sound it really getting to me.
      LS

Vehicles
      BAGGED AND TUNED SORORITY GIRLS CAR
      06-17-2012 07:23 PM #181

took it to my guy that does my mods on my car and sometimes the spring has to break in/wear for the niose to stop if not use some lithium grease or other lubricant to help. could be a defect but doubt it with the lack of negative feedback from them so far

Vehicles
      2012 GLI White.
      06-17-2012 11:30 PM #182
      Just ordered mine in blue... can't wait.. picture up when I get them put on...

06-18-2012 03:21 PM #183
      The car looks awesome with them on, that freaking sound is embarrasing though, may go back to stock it is so bad. I hope AMI will at least chime in. I want to keep the low, just has to be a fix. It has to just be the springs right, the shocks and struts should be fine.

Just scrunch, rummmm, rummm, scrunch, bang....
      I knew I should have just got some springs....something told me...

Vehicles
      2012 GLI White.
      06-18-2012 06:53 PM #184
      Still haven't gotten a tracking number or much of anything besides that one email...how long did it take for y'all to get them?

Vehicles
      06-18-2012 09:17 PM #185
      Quote Originally Posted by blkmagic1 View Post
      The car looks awesome with them on, that freaking sound is embarrasing though, may go back to stock it is so bad. I hope AMI will at least chime in. I want to keep the low, just has to be a fix. It has to just be the springs right, the shocks and struts should be fine.

Just scrunch, rummmm, rummm, scrunch, bang....
      I knew I should have just got some springs....something told me...
      i doubt AMI would screw any of us over that have this problem. they seem like a legit company that knows how to take care of there paying customers....or alteast we hope.......AMI please chime in as blkmagic said so we can come to a conclusion on what you or we could do to aleviate this issue thanks

Vehicles
      2013 Coupe with 4 doors.
      06-19-2012 03:40 AM #186
      Thanks man, yeah I think this company is great, I feel once they get a chance they will post up. First exp with coilovers hate for it to be the last. Fingerscrossed for some good news

Vehicles
      06-19-2012 07:27 AM #187
      Thanks man, yeah I think this company is great, I feel once they get a chance they will post up. First exp with coilovers hate for it to be the last. Fingerscrossed for some good news

I highly doubt AMI will turn a blind eye to this issue. And this is my first set of coils im using too as well so its def an interesting experience to say the least. My opinion its probably gonna be an u
      Issue where were gonna have to use a grease or lubricant to stop thie noise if AMI doesnt have an answer which i doubt

Vehicles
      2013 Coupe with 4 doors.
      06-21-2012 11:10 PM #188
      I guess they either are too busy, or I don't know. Kind of weird they ami have not said anything

14. Banner Advertiser eurocollective's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-21-2012 11:47 PM #189
      Hello everyone, sorry for the absence from the forums over the last week.

We will be posting up all the info we have on this subject tomorrow. We have been working with Solo Werks on this for the last month, including testing of a few different solutions for this issue.

What I can tell you that while this is an issue caused by the lowering with the coilovers, it is not a Brand or design issue, it is a platform issue and has been experienced with every brand we have sold for the MK5 and MK6 chassis including FK, KW, Solo Werks And ST. (check for yourself by doing a search for the brand and noise, groan or squeak i.e. ST coilover noise and you can see for yourself)

One example is on the vortex here http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Coilover-Noise

We have literally spent hours on this with Solo Werks, who was the only manufacturer willing to look into the problem. KW/ST and FK just kept sending out new struts to anyone who called in. In some cases this was 3 sets and I am pretty sure the owner has put his car back to stock now as he was not a home mechanic and had to pay for 3 installs and 3 alignments with zero return.

That is all for tonight, but once Solo Werks has sent over the official word I will post it up.

Thanks
      Glen@AMI
      eurocollective
      sales@eurocollective.com

06-22-2012 03:21 PM #190
      Thanks a lot for that post. I have nothing but good thoughts about you all at AMI, and I know if a solution can be found you all will take care of us, at least I hope.
      Thanks

Oh, I am also MrMcCoy. That is my S/N on tapatalk.

16. 06-25-2012 04:22 PM #191
      any updates??

Vehicles
      2013 Coupe with 4 doors.
      06-25-2012 09:43 PM #192
      I know where are the updates. 499 might not be a lot to some people but it is to me, and this noise sucks

Vehicles
      06-25-2012 10:20 PM #193
      although my coils now sound like trash to say the least this really isnt steering me away from them, but AMI i doubt is gonna leave us hanging with this issue. id just sit tight till they can answer with a solution.

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SEL, 2012 4DR Golf TDi
      06-25-2012 10:50 PM #194
      Quote Originally Posted by REDGLI2012 View Post
      although my coils now sound like trash to say the least this really isnt steering me away from them, but AMI i doubt is gonna leave us hanging with this issue. id just sit tight till they can answer with a solution.
      While mine do not sound like trash, I too am sitting back, hanging tight for a deliverable solution. AMI has been excellent in giving feedback via PM when asked. And as far as I know, they, along with Solowerks, have pinpointed the problem and have found a way to alleviate the issue but they are merely doing long term testing to see if it stays gone so we wont have to worry about it anytime soon. So that they can ship us out a set of whatever it is that we have to stick in between the strut mount and the strut.

Mine only make a sound from reversing out my driveway to the stop sign on my street, then it loosens up and goes away. Still worth every penny for the drop I got from it. I only plan to use them for two years max anyways before upgrading to higher caliber coils.

20. Banner Advertiser eurocollective's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-25-2012 11:38 PM #195
      Hey everyone,

I am waiting for the photos and such from Solo Werks, but here is the deal.

The upper mount is made up of 2 pieces isolated by rubber - the main triangle that the bearing and spring sit on, and the center component that the shock rod is bolted to.

The combination of the new angle that the center component is at after lowering along with the higher power shock absorber is causing more force on the center component which in turn is increasing the deflection/movement of the rubber and causing the rubbing noise that some are experiencing.

We have been able to verify this on one of our own customer vehicles by essentially immobilizing the center section of the factory mount, and it has been noise free for 3 weeks and running.

As azthegame has said, we are working with a couple of customers who have the issue on a few long term solutions to this noise:

• A new aluminum/rubber top mount with spherical bearing and camber adjustment

• A new harder durometer rubber factory style top mount

• An insert that can be placed on the top mount to limit the movement of the factory mount.

We do not know why one vehicle differs from another, as it is not vehicle specific - but it is PQ35 VW/Audi platform specific (MK5/MK6). With the customers we have at AMI, we have had less then 2% of the coilovers we have sold for this platform with the noise across all brands we sell.

For those of you having this issue, if you have not contacted us please send us an email and we can add you to the mailing list as we progress on the options.

Thanks,
      Glen@AMI
      eurocollective
      sales@eurocollective.com

Vehicles
      2013 Coupe with 4 doors.
      06-26-2012 12:10 AM #196
      Thanks a lot Glen. I just emailed you all. I hope solowerks will figure something out for us. Looking forward to the solution!
      So sexy, but yet so noisy

22. Banner Advertiser eurocollective's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-27-2012 10:21 PM #197
      Thanks a lot Glen. I just emailed you all. I hope solowerks will figure something out for us. Looking forward to the solution!
      So sexy, but yet so noisy

Looks great!!! We will get this sorted out for you guys and girls having the issue

Thanks
      Glen @ AMI
      eurocollective
      sales@eurocollective.com

23. Banner Advertiser eurocollective's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-27-2012 10:22 PM #198

Wednesday Update

All orders, PM's and emails have been answered and all orders processed and shipped

Thanks again to everyone who has contacted us, let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Glen @ AMI
      eurocollective
      sales@eurocollective.com

06-27-2012 10:46 PM #199
      thanks

25. Banner Advertiser eurocollective's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225Q
      06-28-2012 06:46 PM #200
      Thursday Bump!

Another great day of Solo Werks questions and shipping!

All open orders are filled and on their way out to their new homes

Let us know if you have any questions and if your a new owner, don't forget to post up your review and get a Solo Werks Coilover T-shirt!

Thanks
      Glen @ AMI
      eurocollective
      sales@eurocollective.com

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast