VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little bit of China

Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      01-31-2012 10:31 PM #1

Backup Camera

Chrome trim on trunk

Trunk hinge covers are different, and there are two wiring harnesses one on each side

LED tail lights

xenons

Aspherical mirror

01-31-2012 11:46 PM #2
      Do the LED tails have amber turn signals??

I like those trunk hinge covers to..
      2006 Jetta 2.0 T DSG

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the heck happened?"..

02-01-2012 12:11 AM #3
      Found some more stuff....

I like this grill,

Headlights,

LED Taillights, with amber turns,

MUCH nicer wood,

but I still like the brushed metal..

Color info screen,

Nice, and it has black carpet...

Rear vents,

Someone needs to start importing this stuff..
      2006 Jetta 2.0 T DSG

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the heck happened?"..

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat V6 SE (Night Blue ext / Black int)
      02-01-2012 09:00 AM #4
      Nice pictures. Does anyone know what the price of the Passat will be in China in US dollars?

5. 02-01-2012 09:17 AM #5
      Are those rear AC vents that I see?

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      02-01-2012 09:47 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by mknieri View Post
      Nice pictures. Does anyone know what the price of the Passat will be in China in US dollars?
      I know it was discussed in a thread in here months ago. I believe it was something like $40k+ in USD. The China version of the NMS is in a different class (higher/more upscale) than the one we get.

With that said, I think I still prefer the darker wood trim in ours though.
      ||||||||||||||
      CURRENT: 2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      PREVIOUS: 2009 VW Tiguan SE; 2006 VW Passat 2.0T; 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Coupe

Vehicles
      1990 VW Fox Wagon(SOLD), 1993 VW Jetta GL(SOLD), 2000 Audi S4(MINE), 2012 VW Passat TDI(MINE)
      02-01-2012 11:49 AM #7
      That's is I'm going to china....

8. 02-01-2012 12:09 PM #8
      Don't forget, though - you're looking at a nearly $50,000 (US) 2.0 Passat. Base models don't have the lights/wood/trim/etc.

Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      02-01-2012 03:09 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by hhaller View Post
      Are those rear AC vents that I see?
      Yes and 3-zone climate control, and heated rear seats!

02-01-2012 05:49 PM #10
      I'm not saying we should get all the high end stuff they get in China, and not have to pay for it, but how much would it cost, per car, to put rear seat vents in a $30,000 + car...

Even the golf has them..
      2006 Jetta 2.0 T DSG

Vehicles
      2012 RB 4dr R
      02-01-2012 07:23 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by LMGS View Post
      I'm not saying we should get all the high end stuff they get in China, and not have to pay for it, but how much would it cost, per car, to put rear seat vents in a $30,000 + car...

Even the golf has them..
      This is one of the bigger head scratchers. ESP in a car of this size.

Vehicles
      2002 GTI 337 - 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
      02-02-2012 12:42 AM #12
      All I would care about are the headlights and maybe the grille and the tail-lights. The rear vents would have been nice to have in the car from the factory but it not worth the hassle of an aftermarket fix IMO.

13. Junior Member
      02-02-2012 03:14 AM #13
      Isn't this more like the euro B7?

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      02-02-2012 07:56 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by big_dane View Post
      Isn't this more like the euro B7?
      No, China gets both versions of the Passat. The NA and the EURO versions.
      ||||||||||||||
      CURRENT: 2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      PREVIOUS: 2009 VW Tiguan SE; 2006 VW Passat 2.0T; 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Coupe

15. 02-03-2012 01:29 PM #15
      No one noticed that the pictured cars have front and rear parking sensors and headlight washers!!! Come on VW America, give us what we want!!

16. 02-03-2012 03:37 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Biloo2U View Post
      No one noticed that the pictured cars have front and rear parking sensors and headlight washers!!! Come on VW America, give us what we want!!
      No problem. First, though, do you agree to nearly $50K for a 2.0?

Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      02-03-2012 05:50 PM #17
      It also has park assist which utilizes the park sensors too.
      Euro switch, 30% 3M nano ceramic tint, Chinese BiXenon headlights and LED tail lights, H&R springs, paddle shifter steering from V6, 20" Giovanna Kilis wheels, 225/35ZR20 Conti DWS tires

Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      02-03-2012 06:14 PM #18
      There's about 30 additions to the chinese version don't make me list them..

Having said that there is also about a 20k raise in price..

So you all want all this and want to pay maybe 36k you're living a dream..

You can't have your cake and eat it to

VW would offer it and maybe 1-2% would buy it it makes NOOOO sense if they're trying to control the US market as the top brand/seller.

Reality time;

We can dream though; And hell Im adding the aspherical mirrors and wood shift knob so it's not like we can't have anything from the chinese version

02-03-2012 07:10 PM #19
      Like I said before, getting everything they offer in China would cost a fortune.. All I want are the little things they offer even on cheaper VWs that they sell here..

The rear vents would, if put on all Passats, not cost very much per car, but would make the car look SO much more upscale.. And if they didn't offer it on the lower trim levels, the $30,000 plus SEL should have them..

I'm all for VW trying to keep the cost down, so they can sell more cars, but don't do it in such a visible way.. Same thing with the hood rod.. Looks like something you would find on a bottom of the line Kia...
      2006 Jetta 2.0 T DSG

Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      05-02-2012 07:17 PM #20
      I noticed a few things.

How the LED tails should look when on.

The rear fog light.

Dual exhaust on the driver side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Euro switch, 30% 3M nano ceramic tint, Chinese BiXenon headlights and LED tail lights, H&R springs, paddle shifter steering from V6, 20" Giovanna Kilis wheels, 225/35ZR20 Conti DWS tires

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE V6
      05-02-2012 08:26 PM #21
      Damn, those led's are awesome!
      2012 Passat SE V6
      2008 Honda Accord Sedan
      2001 Chevy Camaro SS

Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      05-02-2012 08:41 PM #22

Here they are on my car.

There's a guy on here that's got a set for sale. Percydobbin he might still have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SEL 3.6 // 2010 Chevy Equinox 2LT
      05-02-2012 09:40 PM #23
      Want:
      • Just want the headlights. Badly. I need these damn things. Hurry up aftermarket, with a plug and play solution PLEASE. Willing to jump through hoops to get self leveling HID option, but just to get the baseline light functionality (signals, flashers, DRL) is a bit much effort at this time.
      • Rear camera - but is retrofittable, thanks to the forum
      • Parking sensors would be nice - I believe these are already retrofittable too, though
      • I'll add the aspherical mirrors to this list, due to what I consider as fairly poor rear visibility on the Passat and a terrible blind spot. But they are available on ECS as a retrofit too, FYI.

"Meh"
      • LED Tails - I know this is controversial. I agree the LED tails are nice looking, but the stock ones are pretty nice as well. Perhaps I'll change my mind when I get LED headlights... I would like the rear fog option to work eventually, since I installed the Euro light switch.
      • Trunk hinge covers - these are available if you want them today
      • Rear vents - Nice to have, but won't be tearing up my center rear console or trading up anytime soon to get them.
      • Color MFD - nice to have, but unnecessary especially provided the RNS-510.
      • Parking assist - kinda cool, but not something that I'd pay extra for or use frequently
      • Headlight washers

Takeaway, we're hurt on the lights and camera, but otherwise haven't missed out too substantially

24. 05-02-2012 10:56 PM #24
      1.4TSI 30K
      1.8TSI 33K
      2.0TSI 39k
      3.0 V6 47k

25. Member
      Vehicles
      04 Jetta TDI Sport Edition, 01 Audi Allroad, 2012 Passat TDI Highline, Sports pkg, Navi
      05-03-2012 04:57 AM #25
      Yeah I still have the Led rears for sale, PM me anyone if you want them.

Vehicles
      2001 GTI VR6, 2012 Passat TDI SE SunNav
      05-06-2012 01:15 AM #26
      Heard the 2013 Passat is getting rear vents.. Oh well.

27. 05-06-2012 12:03 PM #27
      this is a constant problem on these forums... people (particularly in america) want an audi for a vw price.

there are cars that have ALL the features you people want. they are called audis. they are sold here. and they cost more.

the volkswagen (PEOPLE'S CAR) brand is not really meant for that crowd. the u.s. dollar exchange rates just don't allow for the company to pack all that stuff into a vw and ship it to america. unfortunately, places like china get to reap the benefits of the economics.

i wonder if this goes on in the toyota forums, wanting lexus features... or nissan forums, wanting infiniti features.

Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI SEL
      05-06-2012 01:56 PM #28

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI, 2005 Ford F-250 6.0 diesel, 2007 Artitic Fox 5th Wheel
      05-06-2012 02:03 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by teknokrat View Post
      this is a constant problem on these forums... people (particularly in america) want an audi for a vw price.

there are cars that have ALL the features you people want. they are called audis. they are sold here. and they cost more.

the volkswagen (PEOPLE'S CAR) brand is not really meant for that crowd. the u.s. dollar exchange rates just don't allow for the company to pack all that stuff into a vw and ship it to america. unfortunately, places like china get to reap the benefits of the economics.

i wonder if this goes on in the toyota forums, wanting lexus features... or nissan forums, wanting infiniti features.

You can bet your bippie there is!
      2012 Passat SE TDI NAV
      2005 F250 PSD 4X4 LB CrewCab Arizona Beige / Blue Spring / Gauges / Coolant Filter / SG-II / Peragon Bed Cover
      2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel

05-06-2012 02:09 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by teknokrat View Post

Nice try, but no.....

When the current VW has less standard features the the last model of the same car, that is not trying to get an Audi for a VW price, that is trying to keep the stuff we are used to having on VWs..

Have you priced an Audi lately???? The base model barely has the same stuff as a VW, and if you do want some upgrades, they cost a fortune for "Packages", that should have been on the base car..

I have a 2006 Jetta.. Looking at the current ones makes me sad.. I'm in the market for a new car, and have owned two other Jettas in the past, all bought new... I will NOT buy the current Jetta..
      2006 Jetta 2.0 T DSG

Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      05-06-2012 02:57 PM #31
      Nice try, but no.....

When the current VW has less standard features the the last model of the same car, that is not trying to get an Audi for a VW price, that is trying to keep the stuff we are used to having on VWs..

Have you priced an Audi lately???? The base model barely has the same stuff as a VW, and if you do want some upgrades, they cost a fortune for "Packages", that should have been on the base car..

I have a 2006 Jetta.. Looking at the current ones makes me sad.. I'm in the market for a new car, and have owned two other Jettas in the past, all bought new... I will NOT buy the current Jetta..

Um not nice try,

There is no reason for "the stuff we are used to having on VWs.." being in them. The reason those features are gone is to lower the price. It's not as though the price of my loaded VR6 is similar to the price of an older loaded B6 VR6. Those features such as padded storage boxes and air conditioned glove boxes for example, are unnecessary.

And on another note, play around with the audi configurators, you'd be surprised what you can option up now for cheap. For example the xenons with LEDs are not a "package" which by that you mean trim, such as premium, premium plus, or prestige, instead now you can get it in the style package which is cheap on a premium. You just need to take your boot out of your mouth before you start saying things like this.

In conclusion, VW is doing just fine with the way they are offering up models. Yes there is a lack of customization, but then again, show me the customization options from Honda, Toyota, and Ford... Not many. It's about surviving in this economy, not offering the 2% the options they probably won't buy anyway even after complaining they wish they were offered...

32. 05-06-2012 03:06 PM #32
      Good job with nafta politicians. China can afford this and we can't . Something has gone wrong here .

33. 05-06-2012 05:20 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by sricca View Post
      Good job with nafta politicians. China can afford this and we can't . Something has gone wrong here .
      volkswagen has always considered america an afterthought/niche market, UNTIL recently, where they are aggressively trying to become a volume seller.

and likewise, american buyers have always thought of vw as a niche/quirky brand. the car with a sense of humor. it's little but it's big. it's german. etc. etc.

but they have really been trying to get back to the whole "people's car" thing lately and that does mean trimming back on how out-of-control they got in the 2000s. i love the phaeton, and it's awesome... but it IS out of place as a volkswagen, seriously. that is NOT the car the company was thinking of in 1955 when vwoa was born. the lineup in 1955? beetle, bus, karmann ghia. PERIOD. yes the karmann ghia was eye-catching, but it was underpowered and just a cute idea, and they knew that and advertised it as such. it didn't have cadillac features. if you wanted that, you bought a cadillac.

so vw is now trying to pull an "apple"... they want to not only be the hipster/cool/niche brand, but the brand EVERYBODY has. the difference is, apple STILL overprices their stuff.

05-06-2012 10:19 PM #34
      teknokrat & gwernerjr... You forgot to put in the IMO...

You are both welcome to your OPINION, as am I... If you don't mind what VW has done with the decontenting, then that is fine with me.. But it does bother me.. My car was $25,000, in 2006 dollars... That same $25,000 will not get you anywhere near the same quality and quanity on a new Jetta..

The MQB platform is supposed to lower cost of production... Will VW give us a nicer car with the switch to the MQB platform, or just make more profit on every car??

VW is no Apple...

Apple gives people what they want, even if they don't know that they want it..

VW gives the USA what they want to give us, take it or leave it..
      2006 Jetta 2.0 T DSG

Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      05-07-2012 12:26 AM #35
      teknokrat & gwernerjr... You forgot to put in the IMO...

You are both welcome to your OPINION, as am I... If you don't mind what VW has done with the decontenting, then that is fine with me.. But it does bother me.. My car was $25,000, in 2006 dollars... That same $25,000 will not get you anywhere near the same quality and quanity on a new Jetta..

The MQB platform is supposed to lower cost of production... Will VW give us a nicer car with the switch to the MQB platform, or just make more profit on every car??

VW is no Apple...

Apple gives people what they want, even if they don't know that they want it..

VW gives the USA what they want to give us, take it or leave it..

VW is trying to control the market and I have no problem with that. And what's more, people are purchasing the vehicles for their intended purposes; To be affordable vehicles with everything you realized you needed, and nothing you didn't realize you didn't need. The streets are getting more and more crowded with Jettas and Passats, and hey that's not a bad thing.

And Apple does not give people what they want even if they don't know they want it. The people want it. Apple does not invent, it just takes good ideas and glamorizes them as overpriced icons so everyone in an ivy league classroom can fit in while working on their spread sheets in class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast