Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 146

    Thread: ***Custom Fabrication parts picture thread*** Badass hardware only!

    1. 02-01-2012 12:40 PM #1
























    2. Member 02vwgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2009
      Location
      SE-PA
      Posts
      2,888
      Vehicles
      02 vw golf, 88 Toyota Hilux, 93 4runner(sold), 97 VR jetta(sold)
      02-02-2012 10:58 PM #9
      These are all incredible

    3. n00b
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2012
      Location
      California
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      05' 3.2 Audi TT
      02-03-2012 01:29 AM #10
      Faaarreeeaaakkkkin amazing!!!!!!!
      Most of you know me as JesseAirLiftCompany. Now just call me the help...

    4. 02-05-2012 10:17 PM #11
      Very nice


      It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

    5. 02-08-2012 05:18 PM #12
      wow amazing. Parts look incredible

    6. 02-10-2012 01:02 AM #13
      Lots of bad-ass welding here. How 'bout some CNC action?

      Intake flange on CNC


      Finished intake flange


      Here's a water flange:
      Printed part for test fitting


      Billet machined part (5 axis, 2 setups)


      Polished


      Anodized


      Installed


      -Alex

    7. Member Bazmcc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2005
      Location
      Northern Ireland
      Posts
      6,665
      Vehicles
      2002 Bora TDI, 1994 2.0 16v Corrado, 1991 MK2 Golf, 1983 MK1 Golf Driver, MK4 Golf, 1971 Fastback
      02-10-2012 06:25 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by 20v_boost View Post
      Billet machined part (5 axis, 2 setups)
      Nice piece of kit. Would this be commercially available? I'm rebuilding a 16v at the minute and I've already had to buy a new plastic one but I'm thinking metal would be more futureproof.

    8. 02-10-2012 04:19 PM #15
      I doubt anyone would pay what it would cost to make these like I did. A better way would be to machine the flange and weld the rest together. Either way it would be close to a hundred bucks. The plastic one is $8.

      -Alex

    9. Member sdezego's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      Hurricane Central FL
      Posts
      11,249
      Vehicles
      '90 Corrado | '62 Harley Panhead
      02-10-2012 04:26 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by 20v_boost View Post
      I doubt anyone would pay what it would cost to make these like I did. A better way would be to machine the flange and weld the rest together. Either way it would be close to a hundred bucks. The plastic one is $8.

      -Alex
      Easier way, not better.

      I would pay 100 for that work of art. Seriously! Don't underestimate the price some people would pay to do things right. You should see what it would take to produce a batch of them, then talk to James aka Dogger at Spoonfed Tuning to market these properly here on the tex.

      Nice freaking work!


    10. Member sdezego's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      Hurricane Central FL
      Posts
      11,249
      Vehicles
      '90 Corrado | '62 Harley Panhead
      02-10-2012 04:30 PM #17


      Someone knows how to do **** right

    11. Member Bazmcc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2005
      Location
      Northern Ireland
      Posts
      6,665
      Vehicles
      2002 Bora TDI, 1994 2.0 16v Corrado, 1991 MK2 Golf, 1983 MK1 Golf Driver, MK4 Golf, 1971 Fastback
      02-10-2012 05:35 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by sdezego View Post
      Easier way, not better.

      I would pay 100 for that work of art. Seriously! Don't underestimate the price some people would pay to do things right. You should see what it would take to produce a batch of them, then talk to James aka Dogger at Spoonfed Tuning to market these properly here on the tex.

      Nice freaking work!

      I think it would be interesting to simplify the design of them slightly and I think they be worth producing. Yes $100 may seem expensive but to be honest, I think if they could be made for about maybe $60 you'd be able to sell plenty. I wouldn't hesitate to pay for one.

    12. Member Stangy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 15th, 2007
      Location
      Toronto Canada
      Posts
      1,158
      Vehicles
      1999 Subaru R-STI, 1993 Cabriolet Classic 2.0 16vt on MS1 v2.2
      02-14-2012 11:48 AM #19
      This might fit..

      2007/2008 CBR600RR Exhaust Build:
      Myself and another memeber put this bad boy together a while back for my 2007 cbr600rr race bike- thought i would post it up! My buddy is the welding master, i am simply the sherpa!

      Exhaust is SS steel with 4-1 header and 2.5" after collector with V-Band connection (yes on a bike haha). We also made CNC machined header clips (hold header to engine).This was matted to a 2.5" two borthers exhaust. Simply a for fun test go at an exahust build. Made less power down low and moved the power band way high- gained few WHP after 9000rpm. Ended up taking it off and running a two borthers header back as it yeilded better mid range which is what i needed. Never the less...and amazing build and learning experience.

      Custom 4-1 Collector:


      Jig:


      Sooo Fresh and Sooo Clean:


      Up Pipe:


      Done!:


      On Bike:


      Comments are welcome!

    13. 02-15-2012 08:33 AM #20
      So you guys got me thinking about that water flange. The one I made does not replace stock, it takes a different path to go around the tensioner. I'm guessing that most people would want to customize theirs too so this is what I came up with. You buy the flange and weld on your own pipes, AN connectors, whatever you need. The flange costs much less to machine than the whole part and can probably sell for $50. Would there be any real interest in this?




      -Alex

      PS. sweet collector on that bike exhaust. I once welded up a collector but I'm too embarrassed to show pictures of it

    14. Member Bazmcc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2005
      Location
      Northern Ireland
      Posts
      6,665
      Vehicles
      2002 Bora TDI, 1994 2.0 16v Corrado, 1991 MK2 Golf, 1983 MK1 Golf Driver, MK4 Golf, 1971 Fastback
      02-15-2012 10:18 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by 20v_boost View Post
      So you guys got me thinking about that water flange. The one I made does not replace stock, it takes a different path to go around the tensioner. I'm guessing that most people would want to customize theirs too so this is what I came up with. You buy the flange and weld on your own pipes, AN connectors, whatever you need. The flange costs much less to machine than the whole part and can probably sell for $50. Would there be any real interest in this?

      I'm fitting ITBs to my 16v so it would be of interest for me to have something like that. What about putting either and inner or outer thread on the flange so a compression fitting could be screwed into it and it would allow the user to put a 45 degree or 90 degree bend or even a T piece onto it?

      What obstructions do we need to consider? Alternator, lower intake manifold, oil dipstick tube....

      I think I need to go out to my garage and have a look amy my head and block again.

    15. 02-15-2012 11:33 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by nubVR






      ok this last pic is rough shape of plenum, the front of it is 12" from the head..... Im a little worried about overal height and the hood, sinse the hood slopes torward the front...... Half of me wants to make a card board template that we would be able to attatch and let you shut your hood and see if it smashes.... id hate to do all the work and be cuttin stuff apart, this is the problem with doin this type of stuff and not having a car here!


      Also, water ports, do you want both on one side? or One on each side? Something is telling me both on the driverside might be best..... but not sure where your htinkin about setting all your stuff up. Let me know... im not doin anything else till we get a plan.

      Oh and valve cover.... i dont think we mess with it, i think the way its gonna be shaped it should keep air speed up for the pressure drop its gonna see when it opens up... and the velocity for it hitting those cooling fins? This is all just dumb guy garage theory though
      Making some more progress, any thoughts on the above?....

    16. Forum Sponsor INA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2005
      Location
      EARTH
      Posts
      6,804
      Vehicles
      Too many to list
      02-15-2012 07:54 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by 20v_boost View Post
      Installed


      -Alex
      Nice work
      I am a huge fan of counter boreing to "hide" the head of the bolts. Might be an option for you to cut down on machine time and make a cool "flush" part.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

    17. Member Bazmcc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2005
      Location
      Northern Ireland
      Posts
      6,665
      Vehicles
      2002 Bora TDI, 1994 2.0 16v Corrado, 1991 MK2 Golf, 1983 MK1 Golf Driver, MK4 Golf, 1971 Fastback
      02-16-2012 03:42 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
      Nice work
      I am a huge fan of counter boreing to "hide" the head of the bolts. Might be an option for you to cut down on machine time and make a cool "flush" part.
      What about a few pics of that 6 cylinder dry sump system of yours? And a price?

    18. Forum Sponsor INA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2005
      Location
      EARTH
      Posts
      6,804
      Vehicles
      Too many to list
      02-16-2012 10:10 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Bazmcc View Post
      What about a few pics of that 6 cylinder dry sump system of yours? And a price?
      The VR6 kit?
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

    19. Member Bazmcc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2005
      Location
      Northern Ireland
      Posts
      6,665
      Vehicles
      2002 Bora TDI, 1994 2.0 16v Corrado, 1991 MK2 Golf, 1983 MK1 Golf Driver, MK4 Golf, 1971 Fastback
      02-16-2012 10:34 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
      The VR6 kit?
      Yes please. I've only seen a pic of the sump. It looks like a nice piece of kit.

      It's the sort of thing I'd love to build (or afford to build) into my mk2 vr6.

      And it would fit into this thread nicely.

    20. Forum Sponsor INA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2005
      Location
      EARTH
      Posts
      6,804
      Vehicles
      Too many to list
      02-16-2012 10:43 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Bazmcc View Post
      Yes please. I've only seen a pic of the sump. It looks like a nice piece of kit.

      It's the sort of thing I'd love to build (or afford to build) into my mk2 vr6.

      And it would fit into this thread nicely.
      Hmmm....ill upload some images when I get around to it but the kit is incomplete without the proper crank pulley.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

    21. Member dasbeast3.0's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2007
      Posts
      5,128
      Vehicles
      Grizzly bear
      02-16-2012 10:32 PM #28
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/DSC03707.jpg

      Scrolling through here and said wait, thats my trunk and stewart I/C pump! (nothing was really fab'd, just reducers on the pump)

      A guy named Donny Bailey made the tank up... incredible welder.

      Lots of cool stuff in here, keep it coming

    22. 02-17-2012 10:22 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by dasbeast3.0 View Post
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/DSC03707.jpg

      Scrolling through here and said wait, thats my trunk and stewart I/C pump! (nothing was really fab'd, just reducers on the pump)

      A guy named Donny Bailey made the tank up... incredible welder.

      Lots of cool stuff in here, keep it coming

    23. 04-20-2012 01:17 PM #30
      [/QUOTE]

    24. 04-20-2012 02:34 PM #31
      this car has changed.





















    25. 04-23-2012 08:10 AM #33
      nice work Mr Thornton!!!!!

    26. Member GTijoejoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2001
      Location
      OH
      Posts
      6,940
      Vehicles
      '98 GTi, '06 Evo Mr, '13 Accord v6, '13 CBR500r
      04-23-2012 09:20 PM #34
      I like this thread! great work guys
      2.0T+034efi+meth = 300+whp = Part out PM me for anything

    27. Member 02vwgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2009
      Location
      SE-PA
      Posts
      2,888
      Vehicles
      02 vw golf, 88 Toyota Hilux, 93 4runner(sold), 97 VR jetta(sold)
      04-24-2012 12:25 AM #35
      I have so much respect for those of you that can weld, I really am hoping I can save up for a welder this year and start practicing

    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •