good god, this thread just got even better.
// OEM Recaros // RNS-510 // RVC // RLS // OPS // OEM Auto-Dimming Auto-Folding Exterior Mirrors // OEM Homelink // OEM LED Tails // OEM Golf R Black Headlights // OEM Door puddle lights // OKADA Plasma Coils // APR Stage 3 // 034M Catch Can
RNS-510 Guru // VWNavi.com // Instagram: PeterDNA
We might get to run side by side when I am out in your area for GoldRush4. Wanna pit the beasts against each other?
NOTES FROM THE ROAD: ch.6
Der' 6th update from Arizona...
Its quite a quandary to witness what is going down here and fight the temptation to tell you all what is being developed as well as the highly custom fabrication that is happening as I type this. Its all behind the hood of these two Golf Rs...
All I can really say is that if you are looking into ANY power mods you may want to wait about a week and a half until everything is public knowledge. It's a promise that there is about to be a few new products to market that will change the way people look at 2.0T tuning. I better shut the ol' yapper before I say too much
I can at the minimum show you this beloved mod. Snapping that gooses neck and removing the hideous oil-filler extended neck.
It's simple to do actually. So if you are removing your stock engine cover I can get you a 5 step breakdown of how its done using vice-grips a paper towel and a utility knife. Let me know if you need that info for a simple 10 minute DIY.
Since I am living out here in Phoenix for a while during product development, we had the R brakes shipped back to California where they will go on the TTS and the Type 3 Brembos are heading out here to be installed on the .:R
The Legendary K04 is a very sweet little guy, but it's replacement will bump up the power plan. I forgot this pic from a while back. It was sent to CA as well to go back on the TTS and the remainder of the APR Stage 3 kit was shipped out to its *new owner.
||||| :FOR THE RECORD: |||||
* I also wanted to take a moment to thank fellow Vortex'r JLCVDUB for helping to push this whole build forward. He bought the APR stage3 set up with no bullsht and came correct with payment up front while we were still having parts taken off the car which enabled everything you guys see in this thread to happen. Whats more is that we've both been dealing with a particularly nasty and possibly unstable dude from a well known East Coast tuner that has been harassing both of us after the deal I tried to coordinate with him got overly complicated. JLCVDUB should not have had to deal with any of that crap and yet he backed me up. Now, I got his back from here on out.
BTW, I speak for most of us when I say, thank for your service over in Afghanistan my friend!
Last edited by iMod.:R; 04-12-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Anytime, man. Appreciate the bonus stuff you sent out, and I appreciate you keeping me in the loop the whole time. That guy is something else talking about how he's trying to feed a family, but he want's to buy turbo kits.. Anyway, it doesn't matter now because I'm slapping on that kit sometime this summer, and hopefully I'll have more figured out by then based off of some things you posted above. I'm excited for your build! I can't wait to see what becomes of this car.
2012 CW GOLF R #0025
Maybe I'll make some real power this year.
As far as that other dude, shine him. He lost out on a good buy because he hesitated and made it an unbearably difficult deal with more contingencies that when I bought my house. I have no tolerance for people who take business personal and then go creepy stalker status. Anyhow I am trying to remain above the fray by not naming names or companies. Maybe it was just his time of the month, or financial stresses. Who knows..."not my chair, not my problem!"
1. Twist off your cap.
2. Stuff a thick paper towel (blue shop shop towels work best) into the greasy opening.
3. Grab a pair of vice -grips that can do the ol' reach around and squeeze from the 12:00 and 6:00 positions.
4. Very gently pump the handle until the goo starts to split up. (you'll hear it cracking just slightly)
5. Then work your way around the girth of the stalk clamping and splitting the glue bead all the live long day.
6. The filler neck will then be loose enough to jerk out of the base.
7. Then take a utility knife, making sure the blue paper towel is still all jagged up in the oily hole so no glue chips drop into your engine.
8. Carve away the glue flashing until your aesthetical needs are satisfied.
9. Pull out. the blue towel after gently swabbing the inner lips clear of plastic crappola and dunk the cap back on.
10. Take a few steps backwards (look behind you for cars if you are doing this mod on the side of a freeway) and admire your handiwork. Know that you are basically a mechanic now and could probably do a TSI swap into a 1977 Pinto.
* Disclaimer: I claim no reponsiblibity for any of you jacking up your car based on my dodgy directions. This is just a rough guideline. I love you guys.
Also, knowing that you wouldn't be giving up your stage 3 setup without something really special in the works makes me really excited to see what you've got cooking as well.
2012 Rising Blue Golf R (Build Thread)
2012 Night Blue Tiguan SEL w/ Premium Nav
1. Its eating me up to not share with you guys, but just watch the BSH Facebook page and as soon as i'm able to, it'll be in this thread too. Really smart mods, totally different than their competition and MUCH easier to install these new mods for the regular weekend modder.
2. Thats right, when he gets back he's not far from you at all huh? He is a cool ass dude with what sounds like a BIG build coming up.
3. The new build will have all custom 3" piping everywhere and will be based on the Precision Turbo 5858 with a Precision Turbo intercooler core. Then obviously I will also be using a good chunk of BSH parts too.
Another thought is that there needs to be a SouthWestern GTG. Meet in the middle type thing. My car is out here and my temporary roommates Stage 2 .:R is out here in Phoenix too. Just sayin...
I'm not too far from, TLud
Hopefully my build comes along how I want it to, but it sure isn't going to move as fast as yours!
I'll probably be doing it in stages kinda like you are. I also can't wait to hear the announcements as this is probably going to help me out quite a bit.
2012 CW GOLF R #0025
Maybe I'll make some real power this year.