Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Results 211 to 245 of 3124

    Thread: Project Madonna

    1. Member Jon.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2010
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      1,496
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-10-2012 05:26 PM #211
      uh oh, patrick, what're you waiting on?

    2. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-10-2012 06:40 PM #212
      Quote Originally Posted by gti.jon View Post
      uh oh, patrick, what're you waiting on?
      i might as well say it. i'm waiting on brushed aluminum mirrors from our motherland! ETA of freakin' MAY!!!!!!!
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    3. Member Jon.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2010
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      1,496
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-10-2012 07:20 PM #213
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      i might as well say it. i'm waiting on brushed aluminum mirrors from our motherland! ETA of freakin' MAY!!!!!!!
      Where did you order them from? I was looking for chrome ones....but brushed aluminum would be nice too.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2009
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      5,702
      Vehicles
      '92 Jetta GLI, '12 Jetta GLI
      04-10-2012 08:09 PM #214
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      UPDATE:

      Still trying to find a nice used jet ski...All the ones I had looked at before seem to have already been sold.

      And on a side note, I got these bad boys in the mail today. I am waiting on something else to install them though.

      Save your time dude.
      They don't fit GLI mirrors. Working on sending mine back...

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-10-2012 09:41 PM #215
      Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Smith View Post
      Save your time dude.
      They don't fit GLI mirrors. Working on sending mine back...
      I think i know where this is gonna go tho

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2009
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      5,702
      Vehicles
      '92 Jetta GLI, '12 Jetta GLI
      04-10-2012 10:08 PM #216

    7. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-11-2012 01:05 PM #217
      Quote Originally Posted by gti.jon View Post
      Where did you order them from? I was looking for chrome ones....but brushed aluminum would be nice too.
      TM Tuning.

      Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Smith View Post
      Save your time dude.
      They don't fit GLI mirrors. Working on sending mine back...
      DUDE! I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW! OMG! I went out back yesterday to put it up against the car just to confirm, and the mirrors aren't even the same shape.

      Now, when you say they won't fit, do you mean that they won't fit as in the won't even attach up to the mirror housing at all, or just the fact that they are a different shape..I know there were some people still using them, even though the shape didn't fit the housing properly...that would really bother me, though..I just emailed the company back..waiting to hear from them.
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2009
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      5,702
      Vehicles
      '92 Jetta GLI, '12 Jetta GLI
      04-11-2012 01:11 PM #218
      I mean, if you force them into the housings, they'll fit on. But they're a totally different shape.
      Waiting to hear back myself, called everyday this week and left messages

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-11-2012 01:11 PM #219
      I was waiting for that post haha
      after clydes i knew it was bad

    10. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-11-2012 01:24 PM #220
      Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Smith View Post
      I mean, if you force them into the housings, they'll fit on. But they're a totally different shape.
      Waiting to hear back myself, called everyday this week and left messages
      Oh okay...that's what I imagined...there's no way in hell I am using these mirrors..I am so upset right now..I hate when sh** like that happens. And they seems to have horrible customer service. They promised me a delivery date of one day, and I only received it more than a week later. Not to mention, they take forever to responde to their damn email. I haven't even tried calling yet, but I can only imagine. Talk about shi**y customer service.

      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      I was waiting for that post haha
      after clydes i knew it was bad
      Lol...real bad. I hate people like this. Sell you the wrong damn item, probably knowing that it won't fit. And then, when you try to talk to them to resolve it, they go ghost! What the hell?!
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2009
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      5,702
      Vehicles
      '92 Jetta GLI, '12 Jetta GLI
      04-11-2012 03:43 PM #221
      They're complete ghosts right now.
      Voicemail says it's full. Nice.

    12. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-11-2012 04:49 PM #222
      Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Smith View Post
      They're complete ghosts right now.
      Voicemail says it's full. Nice.
      what bastards....that really upsets me man...i can't understand how people can be like that...i am going to try for a few more days...i would file a paypal complaint, but paypal sucks ass at resolving customer issues..
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-11-2012 05:49 PM #223
      how bout i call to act like im ordering and demand refund for both of yours

    14. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-11-2012 06:36 PM #224
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      how bout i call to act like im ordering and demand refund for both of yours
      lol, you're the man! i actually just got an email from Rus like half an hour ago...he asked if i wanted him to send me a return label so i could return the package...i told him yeah...so basically, i'm waiting for a response and for the return label...he apologized for the trouble, and said that they have different mirror models for various different 2012 vw models, which is why there has been so much confusion....i'm a little more calm now that he has responded...i guess i will just return them and get a refund...it sucks, i was really looking forward to getting the blue tinted mirrors...the question now is: where else can i get them?????

      and dude, is it just me, or are you like always on Vortex? Do you work on a computer all day? hahaha
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-11-2012 08:20 PM #225
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      lol, you're the man! i actually just got an email from Rus like half an hour ago...he asked if i wanted him to send me a return label so i could return the package...i told him yeah...so basically, i'm waiting for a response and for the return label...he apologized for the trouble, and said that they have different mirror models for various different 2012 vw models, which is why there has been so much confusion....i'm a little more calm now that he has responded...i guess i will just return them and get a refund...it sucks, i was really looking forward to getting the blue tinted mirrors...the question now is: where else can i get them?????

      and dude, is it just me, or are you like always on Vortex? Do you work on a computer all day? hahaha
      Haha i go on my phone when on break at work
      And have a comp there as well haha
      your always on as well

    16. 04-11-2012 10:27 PM #226
      ahhhh damnit you suck! I've been wondering what brushed mirror caps would look like on my CW GLi. Since it would match the silver window trim and continue the 'Audi' look the car already has.

      Can't want to seem them on.
      2012 CW GLi A/B - 1972 Typ1 Std Beetle Sedan

    17. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-12-2012 11:32 AM #227
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      Haha i go on my phone when on break at work
      And have a comp there as well haha
      your always on as well
      ohh, okay, makes sense! hahaha, yeah, i have a computer here at work, too...and i'm always checking up on here...it's addicting! sometimes i check it too often, wanting to see updates on threads, and then i'm dissapointed because it's been like 5 minutes already and there are no updates! hahahaha...

      Quote Originally Posted by twofoteen View Post
      ahhhh damnit you suck! I've been wondering what brushed mirror caps would look like on my CW GLi. Since it would match the silver window trim and continue the 'Audi' look the car already has.

      Can't want to seem them on.
      hahahaha....i think it's going to look nice...it will definitely tie in the the window trim, front grille, as well as the LM's..if i don't take them off and put something else before the mirrors come in
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-12-2012 11:35 AM #228
      [QUOTE=pattrick02;76869242]ohh, okay, makes sense! hahaha, yeah, i have a computer here at work, too...and i'm always checking up on here...it's addicting! sometimes i check it too often, wanting to see updates on threads, and then i'm dissapointed because it's been like 5 minutes already and there are no updates! hahahaha...

      why havent you updated your thread
      haha

    19. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-12-2012 11:48 AM #229
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      why havent you updated your thread
      haha
      lol, good question! want to know why? because i can't make up my freakin' mind! one minute i want big turbo, the other jet ski! i called up some dude to go pick up the jet ski this week, and then he calls me back and says he just sold it...what a bastard...so now i'm all confused again.

      i'm supposed to be receive a nice payment this week...if i do, that might just help me make a decision, and update my thread...or it might just make me more confused? SSSHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

      Last edited by pattrick02; 04-12-2012 at 11:52 AM.
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-12-2012 12:23 PM #230
      you know you want a jet ski

    21. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-12-2012 12:45 PM #231
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      you know you want a jet ski
      lol, i know i do...but then that puts my car on a near hold. this is bringing me to the point where i am about to do nothing and just save my money becase i can't make a decision! haha..
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-12-2012 12:45 PM #232
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      lol, i know i do...but then that puts my car on a near hold. this is bringing me to the point where i am about to do nothing and just save my money becase i can't make a decision! haha..
      do both
      you wont

    23. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-12-2012 01:12 PM #233
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      do both
      you wont
      lol, no i won't..not unless i was single and not planning on getting married, haha.

      or unless i had one of these:



      which i don't

      so for now...only in my dreams, haha...
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    24. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-13-2012 12:51 PM #234
      UPDATE:

      I returned the mirrors. They shipped out today. As soon as Rus receives them, he said he'll issue me a refund. What I really wanted was for the mirrors to fit, but what can I do, right?

      Still waiting on the brushed aluminum mirrors. Only in May...Geez, May seems like forever.

      And I got a nice payment yesterday, which just made sh** harder to decide! Hahaha...Built motor and stage 3+? Or just bolt ons, tune, maybe K04, and a jet ski? Oh lord....or nothing? hahahahaha...DAMN!
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2009
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      5,702
      Vehicles
      '92 Jetta GLI, '12 Jetta GLI
      04-13-2012 01:11 PM #235
      K04 & jet ski
      Bitches love jet skis

    26. Member dubsmcb's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 1st, 2010
      Location
      va
      Posts
      1,179
      Vehicles
      mk6 jetta
      04-13-2012 01:15 PM #236
      Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Smith View Post
      K04 & jet ski
      Bitches love jet skis
      my car

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,886
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-13-2012 01:35 PM #237
      Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Smith View Post
      K04 & jet ski
      Bitches love jet skis
      Hahaha agreed

    28. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-13-2012 02:08 PM #238
      Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Smith View Post
      K04 & jet ski
      Bitches love jet skis
      Hahahahahaha!

      I am Patrick Soares, and I approve of this message!
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    29. Member Jon.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2010
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      1,496
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-15-2012 01:16 AM #239
      Hey patrick, are you running stock struts? Stock bumpstops? Also I think I remember you saying your running 225s on your 10s. Is that a 225/40? I just found 2 sets of twists so I might be picking them up (both are 18x8/10)

    30. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-15-2012 04:53 PM #240
      Quote Originally Posted by gti.jon View Post
      Hey patrick, are you running stock struts? Stock bumpstops? Also I think I remember you saying your running 225s on your 10s. Is that a 225/40? I just found 2 sets of twists so I might be picking them up (both are 18x8/10)
      I'm running Airlift struts front and same thing for the rear...and yes, I'm running 225/40 on the 10's in the rear..ohhh sweeeet! Hope you pick them up....I have yet to refinish mine..
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    31. Member Jon.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2010
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      1,496
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-15-2012 11:21 PM #241
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      I'm running Airlift struts front and same thing for the rear...and yes, I'm running 225/40 on the 10's in the rear..ohhh sweeeet! Hope you pick them up....I have yet to refinish mine..
      Oh ok I was looking through your pics and noticed the struts were black so I wanted to ask. Still waiting on my bilsteins and ss5 bags for the rear setup then I'm going to start the install. I emailed the seller about the wheels still waiting to hear back.

      I made a mistake about the 2nd set, they were actually 18x7.5/9, and that guy responded but hes asking more than the 8/10s, although his are freshly restored and haven't been mounted since refinishing.

    32. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-15-2012 11:29 PM #242
      Quote Originally Posted by gti.jon View Post
      Oh ok I was looking through your pics and noticed the struts were black so I wanted to ask. Still waiting on my bilsteins and ss5 bags for the rear setup then I'm going to start the install. I emailed the seller about the wheels still waiting to hear back.

      I made a mistake about the 2nd set, they were actually 18x7.5/9, and that guy responded but hes asking more than the 8/10s, although his are freshly restored and haven't been mounted since refinishing.
      Yeah, they are AirLift...can't wait to see your car all together and ready. That's going to look awesome man.

      I would go with 8/10's, but then agai it depends on what kind of fitment you'd like to get..mine still need to be refinished, bad...

      AND I still don't have the adapters for them....I don't know where the heck to get them? too many options...and they are all over priced!
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    33. Member Jon.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2010
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      1,496
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-16-2012 12:12 AM #243
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      Yeah, they are AirLift...can't wait to see your car all together and ready. That's going to look awesome man.

      I would go with 8/10's, but then agai it depends on what kind of fitment you'd like to get..mine still need to be refinished, bad...

      AND I still don't have the adapters for them....I don't know where the heck to get them? too many options...and they are all over priced!
      Thanks can't wait to get stuff done, hopefully by the Leavenworth cruise in PNW in June. I really hope the guy with the 8/10s emails me back, he's far away (~3 hrs) but his price is pretty good.

      Yeah the adapters are pricey the HR ones I saw online were $150+ per pair...

    34. Member pattrick02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      3,444
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-16-2012 10:05 AM #244
      Quote Originally Posted by gti.jon View Post
      Thanks can't wait to get stuff done, hopefully by the Leavenworth cruise in PNW in June. I really hope the guy with the 8/10s emails me back, he's far away (~3 hrs) but his price is pretty good.

      Yeah the adapters are pricey the HR ones I saw online were $150+ per pair...
      the H&R's are the ones I were looking at two, but super expensive...and 42DD has some really nice ones as well, but they go for $170 per pair, which is outrageous!

      And I don't want to go with some no brand stuff that I don't know is reliable or not, and then have it break a stud or something like that, and screw me over..
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @patrick_wheelfreak

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2nd, 2009
      Location
      LITH, IL
      Posts
      1,045
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      04-17-2012 02:21 AM #245
      car looks great... love the wheels.. seeing the polished lip/gray face is what gave me my influence on mixing my color on my wheels!
      2012 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn | 6 speed | Frost Silver | Unitronic K04

      Like Us On Facebook: D2 IND

    Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •