Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Madonna

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      06-02-2012 01:20 PM #491
      I wanted to really dial in the offset, but there isn't much room for play with the 10s. And I wanted to play it safe with the fronts. I paid 335 shipped. I just went with them because they were cheaper than the HR after shipping. Eveywhere online had ridiculous shipping on the HR, plus I have heard great things about Adaptec.

That's done weird stuff going on with your airlifts...I know I had to sand the paint off the bottom of mine to get it to fit and seat in the knuckle...it was never going in without doing that I would def hit up the guys at airlift

Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      06-02-2012 01:59 PM #492
      Quote Originally Posted by gti.jon View Post
      I wanted to really dial in the offset, but there isn't much room for play with the 10s. And I wanted to play it safe with the fronts. I paid 335 shipped. I just went with them because they were cheaper than the HR after shipping. Eveywhere online had ridiculous shipping on the HR, plus I have heard great things about Adaptec.

That's done weird stuff going on with your airlifts...I know I had to sand the paint off the bottom of mine to get it to fit and seat in the knuckle...it was never going in without doing that I would def hit up the guys at airlift
      That's true..you don't have much room to play with the 10's..if any at all. that sounds about right..i might have paid like a hair more, but it was right about there. I too have heard great things about them..I'm sure they will do just fine!

It really is..I'm going to try calling them or shooting them an email maybe Monday, and we'll see what happens..

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      06-02-2012 04:13 PM #493
      My paint had to be sanded to get them in also. What part is the paint coming off?

Vehicles
      06-02-2012 09:07 PM #494
      Quote Originally Posted by ripNdip View Post
      My paint had to be sanded to get them in also. What part is the paint coming off?
      it's coming off of the actual strut body on the fronts..i'm going to try to get some pictures tomorrow.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2005/Volkswagen/ Jetta GLI
      06-03-2012 11:18 AM #495
      Fitment is perfect, and the rims go perfectly with the gli.

Nice car mister.

Looks like my HRE's would fit it nicely as well : http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post77654359

Vehicles
      06-03-2012 04:00 PM #496
      Quote Originally Posted by autoelite View Post
      Fitment is perfect, and the rims go perfectly with the gli.

Nice car mister.

Looks like my HRE's would fit it nicely as well : http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post77654359
      thanks dude!

and you're right, they would probably look sick on my car! in fact, i'm pretty sure i sent you a pm regarding these wheels before I bought the works, but i never got a response..i would have definitely hopped on these...i love them.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2005/Volkswagen/ Jetta GLI
      06-03-2012 04:05 PM #497
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      thanks dude!

and you're right, they would probably look sick on my car! in fact, i'm pretty sure i sent you a pm regarding these wheels before I bought the works, but i never got a response..i would have definitely hopped on these...i love them.
      You posted something on the thread, I wouldn't leave you hanging on the pm. Whats the next step for the GLI?

Vehicles
      06-03-2012 09:55 PM #498
      Quote Originally Posted by autoelite View Post
      You posted something on the thread, I wouldn't leave you hanging on the pm. Whats the next step for the GLI?
      oh shi*, you're right! my bad dude..it was so many different pm's and wheels that i got confused..i think i posted somthing along the lines of, i wish they were 18's or i wish i had seen them earlier...something like that. either way, gorgeous wheels!

and next, don't know if you got a chance to look through the thread, but big turbo and lots of goodies on the way..just waiting on my head to come back from being ported..

i am so anxious..can't wait to get it all done. all these different races and events going on at palm beach raceway and around, and i have nothing but a stocker to take. blahhhhh. i want to get this done already! lol

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      06-03-2012 10:21 PM #499
      oh shi*, you're right! my bad dude..it was so many different pm's and wheels that i got confused..i think i posted somthing along the lines of, i wish they were 18's or i wish i had seen them earlier...something like that. either way, gorgeous wheels!

and next, don't know if you got a chance to look through the thread, but big turbo and lots of goodies on the way..just waiting on my head to come back from being ported..

i am so anxious..can't wait to get it all done. all these different races and events going on at palm beach raceway and around, and i have nothing but a stocker to take. blahhhhh. i want to get this done already! lol
      hahahaha you dont understand slow haha

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      06-04-2012 01:01 AM #500
      damn i definitely saw you a few months ago down by delray beach. cars looks even better in person

Vehicles
      06-04-2012 09:14 AM #501
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      hahahaha you dont understand slow haha
      hahahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by MK6GLIr View Post
      damn i definitely saw you a few months ago down by delray beach. cars looks even better in person
      haha, did you really? where in delray? and thanks!

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      06-04-2012 10:20 PM #502
      hahahahahahahahaha!

haha, did you really? where in delray? and thanks!
      saw you by the beach near pizza rustica one night lol

Vehicles
      06-05-2012 08:56 AM #503
      Quote Originally Posted by MK6GLIr View Post
      saw you by the beach near pizza rustica one night lol
      lol oh dang, that was definitely me!!! were you driving the GLI? i'm always around there...and i always end up parking by pizza rustica...that must have been late as hell, no? haha...last time i was there until 5 in the morning

And a quick morning update:

Got some more goodies yesterday. I'll post pictures up when I get home today - didn't have time yesterday. I also ordered some LED's for the DRL, thanks to NJA Pilot for the help on those. I can't stand those ugly orange-yellowish lights we have...they completely take away from the car. Now I have to figure out something to do with those sidemarkers...they seriously irritate me...I am almost on the brink of opening up my headlights and painting them or something! Seriously! Every time I look at the car my eyes are drawn straight to those ugly sidemarkers.

And I also got a chance to drive NJA Pilot's MK6 DSG GLI with nothing but a stage 1 tune, and still, wow! What a noticeable difference over stock. It's ridiculous how slow my car is right now, haha. It was probably like a 3 minute drive, yet I could still feel the difference. Nice meeting you by the way Claude!

Anyways...also got a text from Mike over at USP, and he told me the head will be done by this week! I really hope it actually is. If so, that is a pretty quick turnaround! I'm excited!!! Clutch should be ordered today, and after that I'll order the rods, rod bearings, gaskets, and whatever else I might need for the build. Still haven't decided anything on my gauge set-up, either. Nor have I decided anything about the meth set-up. Maybe I'll wait a little on that. We'll see.

And some quick phone snapshots from the other day:

I have to get these to tuck. I am going to. I must. I must. I must.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      06-05-2012 09:01 AM #504
      Oh you wont

Vehicles
      06-05-2012 09:04 AM #505
      Oh you wont
      lol oh, i must! tucking 10's on an mk6? that would be sweet! time to bring out the patience and show these rear quarter panels some goooood ol' lovin'.

I just noticed something...I'm on a &#*$@*$ mad man online shopping spree for parts. Just ordered some OEM goodies, including that much needed ESP button!!!! I still can't get over the fact that VW removed that from the car. Ridiculousness.

Last edited by pattrick02; 06-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Vehicles
      10 Jetta, 14 RAM 1500
      06-06-2012 09:10 AM #506
      I still can't get over the fact that VW removed that from the car. Ridiculousness.

and then added them the next model year? yeah.... it blows. too bad they dont even offer the proper button (though im holding out w/ the 2013's they'll have no choice but to offer a center mount traction button or push-start button)

btw... get them mirrors yet?

Vehicles
      06-06-2012 05:30 PM #507
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      and then added them the next model year? yeah.... it blows. too bad they dont even offer the proper button (though im holding out w/ the 2013's they'll have no choice but to offer a center mount traction button or push-start button)

btw... get them mirrors yet?
      it is, too bad! makes no sense..

and as for the mirrors...i got this email from them this week..think it was yesterday. very upset to say the least dude. they had told me it shipped, was probably stuck at customs, now they don't know what's going on. i gave them one more week..if nothing, i'm going to just get a refund. i hate being like this, but i've waited for too long. who knows when i will receive this? if i do. i've heard a lot of good about them, and it's probably not their fault...but come on, you know..

here was their email response from my inquiry about order status:

And on a side note, let's all smile and be happy. I got more parts in!

FFE positive engagement shifter bushings

And this bad boy:

Peloquin Differential and bearing and ARP differential bolt kit. This has to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. hahaha...The quality of this thing looks and feels amazing!!!! Can't wait to put her to work!

And aside from that, called up ECS today, got some more little goodies coming in the mail soon enough.

And apart from car related stuff. Took the night and headed down to Miami to watch my hometown team, BOSTON, kick some ass! Nothing better than watching your hometown team beat one of their biggest rivals out of town, in the playoffs! Hahaha...Everyone was hating on us when we arrived at the stadium with Celtics jerseys...and I didn't here shiiiiiaaatttt on the way out...wonder why? Anyways, had a fun night! Can't wait until game 6 tomorrow!

Last edited by pattrick02; 06-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Jetta SE
      06-07-2012 12:33 AM #508
      Subscribed. CANNOT WAIT to see this baby big turbo'd

19. Member
      Vehicles
      06-07-2012 07:24 AM #509
      Screw labron aka labrick

Vehicles
      06 VW GTI 2.0T FSi BMP 06 Subaru Impreza 1998 VW Jetta VR6 Artic White 1998 Ginster GTI
      06-07-2012 07:46 AM #510
      Love your car <3 and I do believe its the center caps throwing your wheels off maybe if you can get silver ones to match the rest of the wheel? I think that will make your car look that much better imo

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      06-07-2012 09:19 AM #511
      Quote Originally Posted by Kmart248 View Post
      Subscribed. CANNOT WAIT to see this baby big turbo'd
      me either!!!!!!!!

Screw labron aka labrick
      lefreakinloser!

Quote Originally Posted by MKVmyfast View Post
      Love your car <3 and I do believe its the center caps throwing your wheels off maybe if you can get silver ones to match the rest of the wheel? I think that will make your car look that much better imo

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
      Thanks man. and i think you're right...if i don't sell the wheels soon, i am just going to paint the center caps to match the wheels, or paint everything another color.

And on a side note, I'm leaving to Montreal in a few hours! Woohooo! Time for some F1 racing! Should be back at the beginning of next week, so no updates during the weekend.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      06-07-2012 09:36 AM #512
      me either!!!!!!!!

lefreakinloser!

Thanks man. and i think you're right...if i don't sell the wheels soon, i am just going to paint the center caps to match the wheels, or paint everything another color.

And on a side note, I'm leaving to Montreal in a few hours! Woohooo! Time for some F1 racing! Should be back at the beginning of next week, so no updates during the weekend.
      have fun man its gonna be awesome!!!!

Vehicles
      06-07-2012 10:00 AM #513
      have fun man its gonna be awesome!!!!
      thanks a bunch man!

i'm excited...you'll probably see this thread photo bombed at the beginning of next week, lol..

Vehicles
      10 Jetta, 14 RAM 1500
      06-07-2012 10:17 AM #514
      yeah that definately sucks about the mirrors. i sit here and twiddle my thumbs... oh well.

i know eventually they'll be available for half the price stateside but im impatient.

glad to see your not rooting for lefail.

Vehicles
      06-07-2012 10:30 AM #515
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      yeah that definately sucks about the mirrors. i sit here and twiddle my thumbs... oh well.

i know eventually they'll be available for half the price stateside but im impatient.

glad to see your not rooting for lefail.
      I literally just received an email from TM Tuning, about 15 minutes ago. They said the mirrors will ship by the end of next week, confirmed. I just emailed them back to ask when I should expect them delivered to me. Let's see how this goes. This is the last chance I'm giving them. It's taken too long already. Ridiculous.

And no way, definitely not cheering on that fool!

I was thinking...anyone else find it funny that all your friends and people around you suddenly become fans of whatever car you get as soon as you get it. I had the Audi, everyone was Audi this, Audi that. Now I have the Volkswagen, and everyone is like VW this, VW that. Posers. hahahahahaha

Vehicles
      06-13-2012 08:28 PM #516
      Update! I'm back from Canada. What an amazing weekend! I had a freakin' blast. The race was awesome! Not only did I get to see the F1 racing, but I also got to watch the Porsche GT3 Cup series as well as the Ferrari Challenge, plus lots of sick cars, and I got to have some fun in Montreal..what a sick city! Last time I went I was too young to remember anything, so yeah, lol..Anyways, I have a bunch of updates to post, including some pictures from the weekend. Here is what I have for now:

Installed some DRL LED lights. Thanks to NJA Pilot for the reccomendation. He got the same ones and so far they seem to be working great. I absolutely hate the stock orange-ish lights on these cars...blaaa!

stock drl's

these are the led's i used...the bulb on the right is the stock one..

new led on the right..

stock drl

stock vs led

both led's in

it's a small mod but makes a huge difference! i love them. looks way better. now, i must do something about that sidemarker!!!! can't take it anymore!!!1

and a quick update on the Work's...just started taking them apart today...got two of the wheels unbolted..but i stopped there - gym time.

these white bolts are disgusting..so ugly.

can't wait to refinish these. i'll be updating this thread a bit more this week! i received a whole bunch of OEM goodness in the mail today. Small things, but nice additions. I'll post up as soon as I have some more time. I also ordered a second set of trim for the car. Great things are about to happen.

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      06-13-2012 08:37 PM #517
      i want those wheels

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      06-13-2012 11:53 PM #518
      i want those wheels
      me too...

link to those LEDs?

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      06-14-2012 12:41 AM #519
      me too...

link to those LEDs?
      i wish i had the vs-xx's already. these damn mercs wont sell

closest i could get haha idk which exact one it is
      http://www.v-leds.com/1156-LED/White...orLanding/true

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      06-14-2012 12:43 AM #520

Lol just posted a feeler for my twists

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      06-14-2012 12:50 AM #521
      im test fitting my friends twists when he takes them off his mercedes. 11" rear with a 225/40 haha its just for ****s and gigs to see how much it pokes. i think the adapter is a 20 or 25mm also

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      06-14-2012 01:31 AM #522
      im test fitting my friends twists when he takes them off his mercedes. 11" rear with a 225/40 haha its just for ****s and gigs to see how much it pokes. i think the adapter is a 20 or 25mm also
      Hahaha that's gunna poke so much. I've got 10s with 15mm and it pokes a bit, I gotta see it

Vehicles
      06-14-2012 01:39 AM #523
      me too...

link to those LEDs?
      here's the link..they're on sale, too...seem like very nice quality led's..threw no lights on the dash either..and they look sweet. shipping was really fast, too..

http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-LED-7...-p9768204.html

i feel ya dude...i've been trying to sell my monoblocks forever and no one buys them!!! it's frustrating!

and you got the link almost there..here's the exact one: http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-LED-7...-p9768204.html

hahahaha....oh my lord...that's going to poke like crazy dude..make sure to post pics..

34. Member
      Vehicles
      06-14-2012 07:26 AM #524
      Haha thats gonna be hilarious poke

Vehicles
      06-14-2012 09:14 AM #525
      with an 11" rear, and 20 or 25mm spacers, that's close to like an extra inch of poke...oh hell no. haha.

anyways, i should be out of work early today..if i can get out early, i'm going to hopefully get those wheels completely apart and get working on them. and i think i'm putting the twists up for sale. anyone interested?

Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast