Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 15 of 128 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Madonna

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      05-03-2012 04:41 PM #351
      Quote Originally Posted by ripNdip View Post
      Yea we almost got a jet ski but I think I'm getting a Gsxr 600, r6 or zx6r instead.
      Get the R6

Vehicles
      14 RAM 1500, 15 VW Tiguan
      05-03-2012 11:24 PM #352
      the stage 3+ is what gets me...

i email apr, they say, wait, the gli stage 3+ is not available.

did you just buy the one for the gti and then ditch what parts you dont need or what am i missing here?

3. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      05-03-2012 11:49 PM #353
      Yea we almost got a jet ski but I think I'm getting a Gsxr 600, r6 or zx6r instead.
      Quote Originally Posted by aerohead06 View Post
      Get the R6
      agreed. if you're going to stick with a bike, r6 for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      the stage 3+ is what gets me...

i email apr, they say, wait, the gli stage 3+ is not available.

did you just buy the one for the gti and then ditch what parts you dont need or what am i missing here?
      that's really strange..they have it listed for the mk6 GLI under their site, and I ordered my kit through USP motorsports, which deal with APR on a day to day basis...if APR didn't have the kit, USP would be the first one to tell me for sure..
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @Spintechllc
      Custom split wheel needs? We can help! SPINTECHLLC@GMAIL.COM

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      05-04-2012 12:14 AM #354
      The r6 is my top choice but whatever one I can get a better deal on I will most likely end up getting. I need something fast in my life haha

5. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-04-2012 09:43 AM #355
      The r6 is my top choice but whatever one I can get a better deal on I will most likely end up getting. I need something fast in my life haha
      i feel ya...well, whatever you go with, good luck! and be careful! i've convinced myself out of buying one only because of the danger..specially here in florida, it's ridiculous. too many people who don't know how to drive, or who take no caution while driving..

and i'm totally with you on needing something fast! that's why i'm going the route i chose..i bike would be my first preference, if it weren't so dangerous..or the jet ski, but let's just forget about that..i think i'm taking the correct route...well, i shouldn't be doing any of the three, but you know...

AND MINOR UPDATE: Dorbritz brackets came in today...is it just me or do these seem to be a bit overpriced for a little piece of metal? more like, extremely over priced..but, yeah...still waiting on so many other parts...ugh.

>>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      CC, MK3
      05-04-2012 10:38 AM #356
      Gotta pay to play!
      Car is coming along dopely

7. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-04-2012 01:18 PM #357
      Quote Originally Posted by PKstrategy View Post
      Gotta pay to play!
      Car is coming along dopely
      unfortunately, so true dude. so true.

as long as there are plenty of at the end, it's all good!

and thanks!

Update: Just hit 6k miles like an hour ago...it's crazy, it feels like I just got the car. I've been driving around like crazy, lately. I hate putting miles on the car, but then I stop to think about it and...what the hell, that's what cars are for right?
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      05-04-2012 02:50 PM #358
      yea i agree with them being kinda expensive but after getting the metal and then having to weld it then send it to powdercoat its a lot easier to buy his. i just buy stuff and then try not to think about the stupid amount of money i spend on my car haha

9. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-04-2012 03:51 PM #359
      yea i agree with them being kinda expensive but after getting the metal and then having to weld it then send it to powdercoat its a lot easier to buy his. i just buy stuff and then try not to think about the stupid amount of money i spend on my car haha
      haha, i'm trying not to think about it...i'm trying really hard not to think about it. i just received an invoice/estimate from USP.. holy mother****** ****** **** ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's just crazy.

Anyways, more UPDATES: we found a head! It's going to be delivered to USP, so they can check it for any warpage or any defects. If it's good, it's being sent up to Stuart for the port & polish and assembly of the Ferrea valve kit with +1mm oversized valves..
      >>> Project Madonna

10. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-04-2012 05:28 PM #360
      Friday afternoon bump!

BBS LM's are up for sale! Someone please buy these and help support my big turbo build?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-18x10-w-Tires
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      05-05-2012 10:26 PM #361
      i should clarify. i was referring to the S3 K04 kit. i believe you're referring to the others, hence the confusion in the gli being unlisted. though im not sure i really get why there is any diff between gli and gti fitment wise, its the same motor.

12. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-05-2012 11:26 PM #362
      i should clarify. i was referring to the S3 K04 kit. i believe you're referring to the others, hence the confusion in the gli being unlisted. though im not sure i really get why there is any diff between gli and gti fitment wise, its the same motor.
      Ohhh okay, i see! I haven't noticed if they have the k04 application for the gli...motor wise they are the same, gti and gli...i think the main difference would be the ecu and not having a flash/tune for it..but if they have the stage3+ application for the gli, i don't see why they wouldn't have the k04, which is a much more simple kit. I am on my phone and my battery is about dead, or else i'd look it up..are you lookin to go k04?
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      05-06-2012 07:57 PM #363
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      Ohhh okay, i see! I haven't noticed if they have the k04 application for the gli...motor wise they are the same, gti and gli...i think the main difference would be the ecu and not having a flash/tune for it..but if they have the stage3+ application for the gli, i don't see why they wouldn't have the k04, which is a much more simple kit. I am on my phone and my battery is about dead, or else i'd look it up..are you lookin to go k04?
      i was debating it. it seemed like a "safer" alternative w/o having to internals and the like as you are with positive gains still. not to mention the cost factor is more reasonable, its about half.

i secretly read this thread about once a day and dream of doing the same stuff you are. but im just too old and bitter about dumping that much into my daily and reliving the nightmares of air-ride, reliability, etc. i loved it when it was on my a4, but with mileage and wear and tear my car sees, nice stuff quickly gets ruined and goes to headaches. i swore this thing would be a budget modded daily and id do whatever else to my 2nd car. i ordered the first brz here locally and its already hit the north american shore, so i need to hurry up and decide what im doing.

anyways, didn't mean to jack. keep on doing what your doing. love the progress and the ride.

im waiting to hear about those mirror caps as i will pull the trigger immediately upon confirmation they fit in this thread.

14. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-06-2012 08:36 PM #364
      i was debating it. it seemed like a "safer" alternative w/o having to internals and the like as you are with positive gains still. not to mention the cost factor is more reasonable, its about half.

i secretly read this thread about once a day and dream of doing the same stuff you are. but im just too old and bitter about dumping that much into my daily and reliving the nightmares of air-ride, reliability, etc. i loved it when it was on my a4, but with mileage and wear and tear my car sees, nice stuff quickly gets ruined and goes to headaches. i swore this thing would be a budget modded daily and id do whatever else to my 2nd car. i ordered the first brz here locally and its already hit the north american shore, so i need to hurry up and decide what im doing.

anyways, didn't mean to jack. keep on doing what your doing. love the progress and the ride.

im waiting to hear about those mirror caps as i will pull the trigger immediately upon confirmation they fit in this thread.
      no worries man. i know exactly where you're coming from. i was going to go the same route. k04 and call it a day. less than half the cost that i'm going to be looking at now, still very reliable, if not more than what i'm doing..and you're still getting plenty of power to have fun for a daily.

i was going to stick with that..but i don't know what the hell got into my head. it's that thing..i told myself i would NOT touch this car at all! If I did though, by any small chance, I was going all out...Unfortunately, that's what happened. It's a freakin' addiction. But I can't wait to have it all done. It's going to be sick. I drive my car a lot on a day to day basis, too. As long as I keep up with regular maintenance and check-up on everything, I think I will be fine.

That's pretty sweet that you're getting a BRZ though. I'm pretty sure that will be lots of fun! Are you planning on modding that at all? I wish I had the option of having a second car. I would probably make this GLI a completely different beast is I had another car for daily. Or vice versa..

Anyways, good luck with whatever decision you make! Keep us updated.

And thanks!

I'll keep you guys updated on the mirror caps. They should be in soon!!!!!!
      >>> Project Madonna

15. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-09-2012 01:12 PM #365
      hump day bump hey!

Look at all these pretty boxes that have started coming in. Yay.

ohh, and this one has to be the most exciting..so far.

And I got an email from TM Tuning..they told me another two freakin' weeks for those mirror caps! OMG....It's been taking forever...now they're telling me May 28th...and they don't even have a reason why....damn. I am starting to get aggrevated. It's been like what? Almost two months or more or something...
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      Girl cars
      05-09-2012 02:43 PM #366
      AND MINOR UPDATE: Dorbritz brackets came in today...is it just me or do these seem to be a bit overpriced for a little piece of metal? more like, extremely over priced..but, yeah...still waiting on so many other parts...ugh.
      If you don't like the price, you could make your own
      Floss Filthy

Quote Originally Posted by justrave View Post
      i wish calvin and jason would move so i could officially say that texas sucks.

17. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-09-2012 04:15 PM #367
      Quote Originally Posted by DFWSKATE View Post
      If you don't like the price, you could make your own
      lol, i could..but by the time i bought the mettal, bent it, welded it, and painted it...it probably wouldn't be worth my time, except for being able to feel a great sense of accomplishment.

i'm just being a sore consumer..either way, that's an expensive piece of metal, haha..
      >>> Project Madonna

18. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI MK7 Golf
      05-09-2012 04:55 PM #368
      lol, i could..but by the time i bought the mettal, bent it, welded it, and painted it...it probably wouldn't be worth my time, except for being able to feel a great sense of accomplishment.

i'm just being a sore consumer..either way, that's an expensive piece of metal, haha..
      agreed
      hahah
      same with the dcups but i have to say boy does his stuff work

19. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-09-2012 05:14 PM #369
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      agreed
      hahah
      same with the dcups but i have to say boy does his stuff work
      hahaha. can't disagree.

hey nick, have you put your front sway bar back in? with the adjustable endlinks and bracket? i just got mine in the mail...

and did you get the VIN you needed?
      >>> Project Madonna

20. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI MK7 Golf
      05-09-2012 05:23 PM #370
      hahaha. can't disagree.

hey nick, have you put your front sway bar back in? with the adjustable endlinks and bracket? i just got mine in the mail...

and did you get the VIN you needed?
      not yet man working on getting the car fixed first

and yes got the VIN thanks man helped a lot should be all set with the gli rear

21. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-09-2012 05:45 PM #371
      not yet man working on getting the car fixed first

and yes got the VIN thanks man helped a lot should be all set with the gli rear
      i feel ya...going to look sweet with that new rear end!!!! can't wait to see it.

I'm thinking on whether or not i should put mine in already or wait to do everything at once...

Are there any poly bushings for the MK6 GLiI, for control arms and all that....Do you think we could use the MK6 GTI kit??? Anyone have any info on this???
      >>> Project Madonna

22. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-09-2012 11:43 PM #372
      Quick break from the GLI...last week, or the week before that..don't even remember.. we had the "King of the Streets" event held at Palm Beach International Raceway, so I got a few pictures...not really that many, I got there super late..but I figured I'd post just a few..didn't edit the shots or anything..just some snap shots really..

a bit of drifting going on..

27 batteries and 8 15" subwoofers in this freakin hummer..geez

too much base make door crack?

too much base make girl hair go poof? lol

90 trim turbo in an old dodge ram..

And these here are from Sunday...there was a private track rental, and some nice cars out to run for fun...There was a Bugatti that registered, but never showed up, along with USP's VRT S4, that had some problems last minute... :/ Either way, here are a few, just for the hell of it..

this RS4 was running consistent 12.3's...I was impressed. Supposedly he is working on a gt35 single turbo set-up. I am eager to see how that comes along!

one of my favorite wagons...this thing was fast!

motiv brakes, yummmmm.

ENJOY!

Don't worry...more updates on the GLI to come soooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!
      >>> Project Madonna

23. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI MK7 Golf
      05-10-2012 07:28 AM #373
      Floridas cars are so funny
      When i go down to naples it goes like this
      Ferrari porsche benz ferrari porsche bently
      lambo repeat

24. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-10-2012 08:41 AM #374
      Floridas cars are so funny
      When i go down to naples it goes like this
      Ferrari porsche benz ferrari porsche bently
      lambo repeat
      hahahaha...so true...down here in palm beach, forget about it...freakin' bentley on every other corner..when i first moved down, i'd go crazy when i saw a ferrari or a bentley drive by..now i see one and i'm like ehhhh, cool...i'm more excited when i see a modded vw or audi, no lie..
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      05-10-2012 03:24 PM #375
      thats how it is where i live also. people daily bentleys and ****. there isnt as many as downwhere you are though

Page 15 of 128 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast