Vehicles
      2012 jetta GLI
      07-23-2012 09:46 AM #631
      Awesome build... Great combo of parts

Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      07-23-2012 12:11 PM #632
      Quote Originally Posted by MasterNele03 View Post
      Going with the idea that you fab up some piping, how about instead of doing the enitre hose what about just the section on the hose that is suppose to route up over the axle, if that makes sense. That way you can keep the most of the hose, keeping the DV location on the silicone hose as well. Then you just have to cut the hose, but it would have to be done right the first time b/c if the hose gets cut to short I don't think it's a very cheap hose to replace. Although as stated before by KC and yourself that point in the air tract will become a "bottle neck" which is a bummer.

As far as the beater, if you could land a well taken care of MK4 1.8T or TDI that would be nice, or an Audi A4 FWD if you wanna stay with VAG.

On a side note: I noticed that your subframe is different than others and I know it's a different chassis, but I just noticed and it's got me wondering if it could be swapped.
      i don't know that cutting and just doing half would work..the major part of the hose is what's getting in the way. i think if i were to do it, i might as well just fab up a whole new pipe. but like mentioned, that "bottleneck" would create a problem. I don't want to restrict any of the airflow. If I were to fab up an entire new pipe, it would most certainly have to be routed somehow as to keep the airflow the same. The problem is that I don't have much space to work with..and for whoever has seen the silicone hose in person - it is one big mofo! And also like stated, I would rather do it right the first time, then screw up and maybe have to buy another hose or run into other problems.

And as for the beater..I was thinking something along the lines of what you mentioned..an mk4, or like a b5 a4..i would LOVE a b5 s4 avant, or even a b5 a4 avant, but those are both hard to find, and a little pricier than what i want to spend...those would be ideal though..i just i just have to keep searching. and to be honest, my main concern is insurance. insurance is soooo expensive! paying the car isn't the problem...it's just having to make those huge ass monthly playments for insurance..it's almost like money being thrown away every month!!!!! prices in south florida are absurd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vadimr View Post
      Awesome build... Great combo of parts
      thanks!!!

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      07-23-2012 02:03 PM #633
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      i don't know that cutting and just doing half would work..the major part of the hose is what's getting in the way. i think if i were to do it, i might as well just fab up a whole new pipe. but like mentioned, that "bottleneck" would create a problem. I don't want to restrict any of the airflow. If I were to fab up an entire new pipe, it would most certainly have to be routed somehow as to keep the airflow the same. The problem is that I don't have much space to work with..and for whoever has seen the silicone hose in person - it is one big mofo! And also like stated, I would rather do it right the first time, then screw up and maybe have to buy another hose or run into other problems.

And as for the beater..I was thinking something along the lines of what you mentioned..an mk4, or like a b5 a4..i would LOVE a b5 s4 avant, or even a b5 a4 avant, but those are both hard to find, and a little pricier than what i want to spend...those would be ideal though..i just i just have to keep searching. and to be honest, my main concern is insurance. insurance is soooo expensive! paying the car isn't the problem...it's just having to make those huge ass monthly playments for insurance..it's almost like money being thrown away every month!!!!! prices in south florida are absurd!!!
      Gotcha well maybe you can talk to JohnnyR32, he had a Stage III kit and bags and as far as I remember reading his thread he didn't run into any issues.

I would just keep looking though something will turn up (an S4 avant would be really nice) and as far as insurance but mine isn't that bad, not sure who you have though.
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 02:21 PM #634
      Gotcha well maybe you can talk to JohnnyR32, he had a Stage III kit and bags and as far as I remember reading his thread he didn't run into any issues.

I would just keep looking though something will turn up (an S4 avant would be really nice) and as far as insurance but mine isn't that bad, not sure who you have though.
      great idea, i didn't even think of that. i'm going to try talking to him. maybe he has some insight for me. thanks man!

yeah, i'm going to keep searching. i just found an e39 540i wagon in that price range. I also found an mk5 jetta 2.5 with about 90k miles for 5.9k..seems a bit low priced? says the car fax is clean..hmm...all the VAG wagons are a bit higher priced..i'm going to keep searching. eventually i'll find the right thing. i am in no rush at all.

as for insurance, i have allstate...the thing is i'm a teenager..and rates for teens in fl are crazy..

OKAY YOU GUYS,ON A SIDE NOTE. I MADE A SITE/BlOG FOR "PROJECT MADONNA". BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT, FOLLOW, SHARE, FAVORITE, WHATEVER! I WILL BE UPDATING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE DURING THE CAR'S LIFE. I JUST STARTED THE SITE, SO THERE IS STILL A LOT TO BE ADDED, BUT BE SURE TO CHECK UP EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. CHECK OUT THE SITE HERE >>>> ProjectMadonna.com

Be sure to spread the word. Cheers!!!!

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      07-23-2012 03:16 PM #635
      haha nice website

should have named it...

I am God

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 03:19 PM #636
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      haha nice website

should have named it...

I am God
      thanks nick!

HAHAHAHAHA...you're hillarious man...i read that and literally started cracking up here at work. hahahaha...oh geez.

and i still can't stop laughing, lol.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      07-23-2012 03:21 PM #637
      thanks nick!

HAHAHAHAHA...you're hillarious man...i read that and literally started cracking up here at work. hahahaha...oh geez.

and i still can't stop laughing, lol.
      so when you coming north man haha

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 03:32 PM #638
      so when you coming north man haha
      haha, more like when are you coming south?! you're already going all the way to the carolinas, why not continue driving south and make it to florida? or maybe i should just go crash your wedding.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      07-23-2012 03:41 PM #639
      haha, more like when are you coming south?! you're already going all the way to the carolinas, why not continue driving south and make it to florida? or maybe i should just go crash your wedding.
      you should come shoot my wedding im looking for a photographer

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 03:55 PM #640
      you should come shoot my wedding im looking for a photographer
      all i need is an invite

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      07-23-2012 04:02 PM #641
      great idea, i didn't even think of that. i'm going to try talking to him. maybe he has some insight for me. thanks man!

yeah, i'm going to keep searching. i just found an e39 540i wagon in that price range. I also found an mk5 jetta 2.5 with about 90k miles for 5.9k..seems a bit low priced? says the car fax is clean..hmm...all the VAG wagons are a bit higher priced..i'm going to keep searching. eventually i'll find the right thing. i am in no rush at all.

as for insurance, i have allstate...the thing is i'm a teenager..and rates for teens in fl are crazy..
      - No problem man

- e39 would be nice, but maintenance items on them are expensive and a BMW is probably not going to help your insurance rates, but I've been surprised before so who knows. Jetta doesn't seem that bad of a price as long as it's clean, not all things get on the carfax even though they were reported, not sure why or how, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen/heard of that. Not sure if it means like it's not immediately reported or what. Also keep in mind that the early 2.5 had some timing chain issues, but only like 1-2k cars, but still something to keep in mind. Other than that I love that motor it's incredibly reliable, probably more than the MK4 2.0 slow and they sound real nice with an intake and exhaust. I know it'll be a DD, but who says you have to go farther than that.

- Bold text is your problem for insurance unfortunately. I just started seeing reductions in rates and in two more years (25) it will plumett, can't wait for that.
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

Vehicles
      07-23-2012 04:22 PM #642
      - No problem man

- e39 would be nice, but maintenance items on them are expensive and a BMW is probably not going to help your insurance rates, but I've been surprised before so who knows. Jetta doesn't seem that bad of a price as long as it's clean, not all things get on the carfax even though they were reported, not sure why or how, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen/heard of that. Not sure if it means like it's not immediately reported or what. Also keep in mind that the early 2.5 had some timing chain issues, but only like 1-2k cars, but still something to keep in mind. Other than that I love that motor it's incredibly reliable, probably more than the MK4 2.0 slow and they sound real nice with an intake and exhaust. I know it'll be a DD, but who says you have to go farther than that.

- Bold text is your problem for insurance unfortunately. I just started seeing reductions in rates and in two more years (25) it will plumett, can't wait for that.
      that's what i was thinking..e39 would be awesome, but insurance rates on a bmw are probably ridiculous. and maintenance, forget it. i want something with simple, affordable maintenance. Now that you mention the timing problem on the Jetta, I'm not so sure anymore. :/ And as for the carfax, true. A lot of times incidents happen and don't get put on carfax because sometimes repairs aren't done through insurance, too. They are all things to consider. Best bet would be see the car in person, look it over, test drive it, etc. The one I saw was manual, too. That can be a bad thing, specially if the previous driver didn't drive carefully and take care of it. Other than that, I love the 2.5. They are very reliable motors. Hopefully I won't be tempted to mod it. I think I'll be alright..maybe some wheels and a drop and call it a day. Anyways, I'm going to keep looking around. Eventually the right one will pop up.

You're lucky! I still have another 5 and a half years to go for that!!!!!

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012/Volkswagen/Jetta GLI
      07-23-2012 06:11 PM #643
      wow bro that makes me so happy what my car can be...i have mk6 candy white gli and yesterday at waterfest i went stage 1 apr intake and chip...i wanted to drop my car down on gold machine lip bbs's 18x8or9 but i dont know what to use for suspension...i was thinking like H and R cup kit...if i use that will it have the same height appearance as your gli or should i wait til next waterfest to buy a no name brand air lift for 1800-1900 i forget exact how much??? i almost bought a set or JAMO or JOMO coilovers and springs for 350 but i didn't trust it...can i get the same ride height as yours with h and r sport springs???

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Jetta RIP
      07-23-2012 06:53 PM #644
      Quote Originally Posted by vwwade View Post
      wow bro that makes me so happy what my car can be...i have mk6 candy white gli and yesterday at waterfest i went stage 1 apr intake and chip...i wanted to drop my car down on gold machine lip bbs's 18x8or9 but i dont know what to use for suspension...i was thinking like H and R cup kit...if i use that will it have the same height appearance as your gli or should i wait til next waterfest to buy a no name brand air lift for 1800-1900 i forget exact how much??? i almost bought a set or JAMO or JOMO coilovers and springs for 350 but i didn't trust it...can i get the same ride height as yours with h and r sport springs???
      First off, H&R cup kits don't even compare to an air setup. Second, you don't need to wait until waterfest to get a setup.

Vehicles
      07-24-2012 09:16 AM #645
      Quote Originally Posted by vwwade View Post
      replied to your pm!

Quote Originally Posted by itskohler View Post
      First off, H&R cup kits don't even compare to an air setup. Second, you don't need to wait until waterfest to get a setup.
      this. don't wait for waterfest. just go and buy the air setup, now!

And a quick update:

Got myself another set of Twists. I'll be refinishing these and either letting my brother hold on to them or putting them up for sale. Any ideas on colors?

And just a teaser on these:

Repolished the lips. They pretty much look like chrome now. Can't wait to put them back together.

And the centers are also done. Just a teaser for now. I'll have more pictures up either tonight or tomorrow, when I put the wheels back together!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      07-24-2012 09:40 AM #646
      awwww yeah

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 01:03 AM #647
      made some progress. oh my goodness, it is a complete pain to put these back together. so it's one 12:59 am right now and i have two wheels done. I'll finish the other two maybe tomorrow. I must say though, DAMN, these wheels look sick. I can't wait to see them in the sun. The gold bolts, the polished lip, and those red centers with gold flake....everything just ties together for pure win. Can't wait to see them on the car. I almost feel bad installing them, though, I feel like just hanging them up on my wall as decoration, hahaha.

Vehicles
      4.6L 44V 10 Cylinder Turbo
      07-25-2012 07:01 AM #648
      been watching this for a while, lots of progress being made
      ***PM me for VAGCOM services in the SOMD/VA area***

Quote Originally Posted by lugnuts View Post
      And I'm just letting you know that you don't know entirely what you are talking about.

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      07-25-2012 08:55 AM #649
      Damn those look dope. What are the final specs?

Vehicles
      mk6 jetta
      07-25-2012 08:56 AM #650
      THOSE WHEELS
      my car

21. Member
      Vehicles
      07-25-2012 09:13 AM #651
      Quote Originally Posted by ripNdip View Post
      Prob something like 18xbad ass

22. Member
      Vehicles
      07-25-2012 09:16 AM #652
      And i stay true to what i said no decal needed
      Put some pretty center caps and your set haha

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 09:21 AM #653
      Quote Originally Posted by zoidmk5 View Post
      been watching this for a while, lots of progress being made
      slowly, but surely, it's moving along!

thanks dude. fronts are 18x8 et33, rears 18x8.5 et38...not as wide as i wanted in the rear. before i put the rears together, i think i might get new barrels and make them 9" or 9.5" wide..that's ideally what i wanted..

Prob something like 18xbad ass
      it's funny how i logged onto Vortex 2 minutes after your comment was made.

now here's my situation...how in the world am i going to drive these, with stretched tires, on a 450whp car? that's going to be like absolutely NOOOOO traction at all...But I guess you can't have the best of both worlds..either you look baller as fuhhhh, or you get some big a** meaty tires for traction..ughhh

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      07-25-2012 04:40 PM #654
      Oh your fronts are the same as mine just 1mm lower offset. Won't be for long though since my new lips have been bought haha i couldnt stand how far in they sat. Going to be 18x9 et9 9.5 et32. Might have the backpad shaved down a little or just say screw it keep the 9.5s up front and put the 9s in the rear and camber it. Won't be able to tell they are different widths since I will have 2.5" lips all around.

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 04:52 PM #655
      Oh your fronts are the same as mine just 1mm lower offset. Won't be for long though since my new lips have been bought haha i couldnt stand how far in they sat. Going to be 18x9 et9 9.5 et32. Might have the backpad shaved down a little or just say screw it keep the 9.5s up front and put the 9s in the rear and camber it. Won't be able to tell they are different widths since I will have 2.5" lips all around.
      haha, nice! lucky you, it's easier to find lips and barrels for vs-xx's...i can't find squat for meister s1's! :/

Damn dude...that's going to be some killer offset..can't wait to see it!

Vehicles
      mk6 jetta
      07-25-2012 05:00 PM #656
      yeah, i ordered lips for my wheels too....

showed this thread to my buddies at work, all of the techs were droolin' over pretty much every update haha

looking forward to dyno charts
      my car

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      07-25-2012 05:05 PM #657
      haha, nice! lucky you, it's easier to find lips and barrels for vs-xx's...i can't find squat for meister s1's! :/

Damn dude...that's going to be some killer offset..can't wait to see it!
      I kinda had a hard time finding these but then again I didn't even try memory fab and vr wheels. Just kept searching here and hit up a guy with a old thread and he ended up still having them.

Vehicles
      07-25-2012 05:12 PM #658
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsmcb View Post

showed this thread to my buddies at work, all of the techs were droolin' over pretty much every update haha

hahahaha.

can't wait for the dyno either. you guys have no idea how anxious i am! i want my car back!!!!!

I kinda had a hard time finding these but then again I didn't even try memory fab and vr wheels. Just kept searching here and hit up a guy with a old thread and he ended up still having them.
      yeah, it's so hard finding parts for work wheels..lucky you. i've tried everywhere..my only option would be straight from japan..which would talk like 3-4 months..so forget that..or have custom ones made..which would take about just as long. -_-..i'll be alright.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      07-25-2012 05:34 PM #659
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsmcb View Post

hahaha

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      07-25-2012 07:17 PM #660
      yeah, it's so hard finding parts for work wheels..lucky you. i've tried everywhere..my only option would be straight from japan..which would talk like 3-4 months..so forget that..or have custom ones made..which would take about just as long. -_-..i'll be alright.
      yea it really is... i want gold bolts but theres no way im paying $20 for 5 bolts when i would need 140.

31. 07-25-2012 09:18 PM #661
      wheels look really nice! The color is sexy, can't wait to see pic's on the car

Vehicles
      07-26-2012 08:46 AM #662
      yea it really is... i want gold bolts but theres no way im paying $20 for 5 bolts when i would need 140.
      yeah, i know man..they are really, really expensive. that's over 600 bucks after shipping and taxes..everything Work is expensive and hard to find..what the heck! lol.. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, you could always get bolts from a different company, as long as they're the correct size..

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0TLINY View Post
      wheels look really nice! The color is sexy, can't wait to see pic's on the car
      thanks!! hopefully soon enough! I just finished assembling the rest of the wheels yesterday and also sealed them with adhesive..I think I'm going to be ordering another set of tires..I'm just waiting on getting my car back so I can test fit the Works and see where I'm at..

33. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 White GLI Autobahn
      07-26-2012 11:24 AM #663
      Did usp say when they would be done?

Vehicles
      07-26-2012 12:38 PM #664
      Quote Originally Posted by GLI525 View Post
      Did usp say when they would be done?
      the motor is back in and the car is running..now they are working on getting everything bolted back together. after that, car is going to the exhaust shop to have the exhaust fabricted..then back to USP for whatever's left..they ran into a few setbacks, but everything has since been squared away.

car should be done saturday!!!! I am so freakin' anxious. I wish I could have my car back already. OMG!

35. Member
      Vehicles
      07-26-2012 12:40 PM #665
      the motor is back in and the car is running..now they are working on getting everything bolted back together. after that, car is going to the exhaust shop to have the exhaust fabricted..then back to USP for whatever's left..they ran into a few setbacks, but everything has since been squared away.

car should be done saturday!!!! I am so freakin' anxious. I wish I could have my car back already. OMG!
      are they dyno'ing this immediately or waiting

Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast