VWVortex

Page 32 of 128 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Madonna

1. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI MK7 Golf
      08-05-2012 03:06 PM #776
      haha i told you you wont get 450-500

power should be in that range when everything is set i am guessing!

2. 08-05-2012 07:26 PM #777
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      congrats, i believe you have the stongest dyno out of all so far...
      wanting the graph to get posted

Vehicles
      BAGGED AND TUNED SORORITY GIRLS CAR
      08-05-2012 07:54 PM #778
      Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post

i was talking to him yesterday and said when the built head gets in there and installed properly you'd atleast be able to up the boost since your head will have a higher tolerance. i think he can safely when all is said and done end up with 420-430 whp and around the same for torque. im soooo eager to see madonna clear her lungs and sing for us.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI MK7 Golf
      08-05-2012 07:57 PM #779
      Quote Originally Posted by REDGLI2012 View Post
      i was talking to him yesterday and said when the built head gets in there and installed properly you'd atleast be able to up the boost since your head will have a higher tolerance. i think he can safely when all is said and done end up with 420-430 whp and around the same for torque. im soooo eager to see madonna clear her lungs and sing for us.
      i would say he can get in the 450 range if its not tuned properly for the head
      along with an increase in boost
      but i agree very excited to see this thing fly on the track

5. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      08-05-2012 09:21 PM #780
      congrats, i believe you have the stongest dyno out of all so far...
      thanks dude. i'm pretty happy with the numbers. seems fairly solid and right where it should be per APR claims. Let's see where we can go next.

hahahaha, always doubting huh Nick? Keep it up. Gives me more motivation! hahaha

power should be up there when i finish everything else..

Quote Originally Posted by HalvieCuw View Post
      wanting the graph to get posted
      Quote Originally Posted by REDGLI2012 View Post
      i would say he can get in the 450 range if its not tuned properly for the head
      along with an increase in boost
      but i agree very excited to see this thing fly on the track
      agreed with both. I think if we can get the head issue sorted out, we should see a nice gain in power, specially if the tune is working well with the head. I am so eager to see what happens. I really want to get it done and going. The quest for more power is on!!!!!!!!!!!

And Halvie, here you go! I only have a picture for now. I am going to try to get the actual files from USP tomorrow. Hopefully they have them!

On a side note, I got back from Tampa today around 7, went to go pick up Madonna in Boca around 7:30, and got pulled over about half an hour later. FML. Not even an hour after driving her...and then the officer told me, quote "Thankfully you pulled over, because you were going so fast that I couldn't catch up to you." I couldn't help but laugh. All I can is that she is a ****** ANIMAL! Lol...Definitely close to as quick as the S4 was...Can't wait to see what she does with the head and whatever else I have planned.
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @Spintechllc
      Custom split wheel needs? We can help!

Vehicles
      Bagged MKVI Jetta
      08-05-2012 09:24 PM #781
      haha did you get a ticket?

7. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-05-2012 09:28 PM #782
      Quote Originally Posted by ripNdip View Post
      He wrote me a warning for speeding, which thank God he didn't write me a citation. I would've gotten arrested. lol.

But he did give me a ticket for improper lane changing (not using my blinkers)..
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      08-06-2012 07:28 PM #783
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      Well, that looks like fun.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      08-06-2012 08:45 PM #784
      what kind of boost are you seeing?

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      08-06-2012 10:56 PM #785
      Wow Pat congrats on getting the car back, sry that I'm late responding just got back from a vacation. Glad to see that everything worked out great except the head, but still at least they are working with you on that. I had a bad experience with USP, but I'm glad that they treated you right. A quick side not though, I know that they checked the tune and logs but in your videos (#1 & #4) when the car is doing the pull it seems like there's a fluttering noise going on. Have you noticed anything like surging or if you still have the Rev. G DV it could be that, just wondering anyway car is awesome.
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

Vehicles
      2015 GTI
      08-06-2012 11:27 PM #786
      400whp. Perfect. Is that on 91 octane? I'd be incredibly surprised if that wouldn't blow your S4 out of the water...you know those cars aren't that quick without $10k @ JHM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Verebs1 View Post
      No. 50k miles is 80km.

You don't seem to understand the concept of 'k'. It means thousand so its 50k and 80k not 8000k

12. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI MK7 Golf
      08-07-2012 07:59 AM #787
      Quote Originally Posted by ripNdip View Post
      dylan knows a great lawyer hahaha

13. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 08:52 AM #788
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      Well, that looks like fun.
      very, very fun! lots of thanks to you guys at APR! Let's hope for the best with the head now.

what kind of boost are you seeing?
      the graph is showing max boost spikes at 27.3, but usually stays right around 25-26.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNele03 View Post
      Wow Pat congrats on getting the car back, sry that I'm late responding just got back from a vacation. Glad to see that everything worked out great except the head, but still at least they are working with you on that. I had a bad experience with USP, but I'm glad that they treated you right. A quick side not though, I know that they checked the tune and logs but in your videos (#1 & #4) when the car is doing the pull it seems like there's a fluttering noise going on. Have you noticed anything like surging or if you still have the Rev. G DV it could be that, just wondering anyway car is awesome.
      thanks man, and no worries! Yes, luckily they are working with me on trying to get it right. I really, really hope they do! But I think the chances are small. I still have hope though! I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. I've had nothing but good to say about them. As for the fluttering noise, I haven't really noticed any at all when driving. I have a forge diverter valve, not OEM one. Maybe the noise is just from the dyno itself? Car seems to be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Jazz View Post
      400whp. Perfect. Is that on 91 octane? I'd be incredibly surprised if that wouldn't blow your S4 out of the water...you know those cars aren't that quick without $10k @ JHM.
      on 93 octane. That's actually why I mentioned that it seems almost as fast as the S4. I ended up spending more than $10k at JHM at the time. but then again, a supercharged v8 feels quite different than a turbo 4 cylinder..two different worlds.

dylan knows a great lawyer hahaha

hahahahaha....i think that's exactly what i might need.

my friend told me to take it to town court, and tell the judge "no content" instead of "not guilty" or "guilty". They will give you an opportunity to explain the situation and what happened, and he said they usually let you off the hook with nothing but court fees. Worked for him..maybe work for me?

and a better picture of the dyno graph:

Last edited by Patrick@Spintech; 08-07-2012 at 08:57 AM.
      >>> Project Madonna

14. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI MK7 Golf
      08-07-2012 09:00 AM #789
      kinda looks like 483

15. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 09:01 AM #790
      kinda looks like 483
      483 whp? i wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would be one happy a** camper.

as soon as my tank nears empty, i'm going to fill her up with 100 and see what happens.
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      2015 GTI
      08-07-2012 09:34 AM #791
      on 93 octane. That's actually why I mentioned that it seems almost as fast as the S4. I ended up spending more than $10k at JHM at the time. but then again, a supercharged v8 feels quite different than a turbo 4 cylinder..two different worlds.
      this i did not know hahah. do you have a build thread for your s4 somewhere?
      Quote Originally Posted by Verebs1 View Post
      No. 50k miles is 80km.

You don't seem to understand the concept of 'k'. It means thousand so its 50k and 80k not 8000k

17. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 09:44 AM #792
      Quote Originally Posted by KC Jazz View Post
      this i did not know hahah. do you have a build thread for your s4 somewhere?
      haha, i think almost no one knew except for local friends. I kind of kept it a secret. I had pictures up of everything else I did but the supercharger and whatnot. Unfortunately no build thread. I didn't have it for long enough. I had just finished doing my R8 BBK conversion, then I hit a curb less than a month later, f***** up the entire front end..Car was in the shop for almost two months. When I got the car back, I started on the motor build. It was done about a week or two later. And then, about two months later I parted out the entire car and sold it. I was just too sketched out about the scorched cylinder walls. I was starting to have too many problems. I thought about getting a new motor or rebuilding/reconditioning mine completely, but then thought that a new car might just be a better solution overall. I didn't plan on doing all this crazy work when I got the GLI though.

I must say, I do miss my S4 dearly!!! I wish I had kept it and bought another daily driver. I would have stripped it and kept it solely for track days. :/

Too late now.
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      08-07-2012 09:53 AM #793
      thanks man, and no worries! Yes, luckily they are working with me on trying to get it right. I really, really hope they do! But I think the chances are small. I still have hope though! I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. I've had nothing but good to say about them. As for the fluttering noise, I haven't really noticed any at all when driving. I have a forge diverter valve, not OEM one. Maybe the noise is just from the dyno itself? Car seems to be okay.
      Ahh ok it's probably just the Forge DV or Dyno b/c if there was a problem the dyno would show a blip I was just trying to figure out what it was.

483 whp? i wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would be one happy a** camper.

as soon as my tank nears empty, i'm going to fill her up with 100 and see what happens.
      Man, this build is making want to ditch the KO4 and go bigger, but only after I see some higher #'s

19. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 10:30 AM #794
      Ahh ok it's probably just the Forge DV or Dyno b/c if there was a problem the dyno would show a blip I was just trying to figure out what it was.

Man, this build is making want to ditch the KO4 and go bigger, but only after I see some higher #'s
      yeah, what you heard is most likely the forge dv..or the dyno..those dynos are so noisy. And like you mentioned, dyno would have shown it to.

and as for bigger than k04, do it! lol...higher numbers are coming, i promise!

we have to meet up some time! and do some comparison runs!
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      08-07-2012 10:51 AM #795
      I don't think it would even be close after 2 or 3 gear, when you regain traction and I lose power up top lol

21. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 11:19 AM #796
      I don't think it would even be close after 2 or 3 gear, when you regain traction and I lose power up top lol
      lol, just for curiosity's sake, and to make you want to go bigger turbo

yeah, i think 1st and 2nd won't be a big difference..but after 3rd..yeah.

are you going to Street Legends friday night?
      Last edited by Patrick@Spintech; 08-07-2012 at 11:24 AM.
      >>> Project Madonna

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta GLI
      08-07-2012 01:45 PM #797
      yeah, what you heard is most likely the forge dv..or the dyno..those dynos are so noisy. And like you mentioned, dyno would have shown it
      Actually its the compressor side of the turbo. It's called compressor stall/surge. Basically at low rpm and with a big turbo, the turbo is pulling in more air than it can push into the engine and cause that audible noise. You won't hear it if you're at higher rpm and its Not anything to worry about.

Solid dyno numbers man. I have to wait till I get home wat h the videos though :/
      2012 candy white Jetta GLI

23. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-07-2012 02:15 PM #798
      Quote Originally Posted by TC4Tay View Post
      Actually its the compressor side of the turbo. It's called compressor stall/surge. Basically at low rpm and with a big turbo, the turbo is pulling in more air than it can push into the engine and cause that audible noise. You won't hear it if you're at higher rpm and its Not anything to worry about.

Solid dyno numbers man. I have to wait till I get home wat h the videos though :/
      thanks man!

it makes so many different noises now that's it hard to differentiate unless you sit there and really pay attention. there's vibration from the mounts, the actual turbo itself, the diverter valve, the flywheel, exhaust, and it just keeps going..i still need more time to get used to the car.
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      4.6L 44V 10 Cylinder Turbo
      08-07-2012 02:34 PM #799
      i still need more time to get used to the car.
      just wait till you get it in the rain for the first time. you will mash on the gas to get in front of somebody, or to keep up with traffic on a ramp, and realize that you aren't going anywhere because traction doesnt exist
      ***PM me for VAGCOM services, parts installs and repair, and light fabrication work in the SOMD/VA area***

Quote Originally Posted by lugnuts View Post
      And I'm just letting you know that you don't know entirely what you are talking about.

Vehicles
      08-07-2012 03:42 PM #800
      lol, just for curiosity's sake, and to make you want to go bigger turbo

yeah, i think 1st and 2nd won't be a big difference..but after 3rd..yeah.

are you going to Street Legends friday night?
      Where's that at??

Quote Originally Posted by TC4Tay View Post

That's what I was trying to figure out, but wasn't sure thanks for clarifying though.

Page 32 of 128 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast