VWVortex

Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Results 1,086 to 1,120 of 2980

Thread: Project Madonna

Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      09-27-2012 12:24 PM #1086
      Quote Originally Posted by BMP_3918 View Post
      Good choice on the Raxles. Lifetime warranty and a lot more durable than OEM!
      Agreed. Raxles makes awesome products, and their lifetime warranty makes it all that much better.

2. 09-27-2012 11:34 PM #1087
      So curious, in those pictures you just posted are you aired out in the front or no? Just asking these questions because I'm stage 3 but with a mkv gti and just purchased an e level kit so trying to see if its gonna be an issue with the outlet hose of the turbo.

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 08:44 AM #1088
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0TLINY View Post
      So curious, in those pictures you just posted are you aired out in the front or no? Just asking these questions because I'm stage 3 but with a mkv gti and just purchased an e level kit so trying to see if its gonna be an issue with the outlet hose of the turbo.
      driver's side i am aired out completely..on the passenger side, you can't tell but there's still about 20psi left..and at 20psi, the axle is alerady pushing the turbo outlet hose..i did it just to take these last picutres of my car on air and with the Works..in fact it's the only time i have ever aired out my car completely after the big turbo install...that hose is definitely an issue, and unfortunately there is no way around it..the first time i tried to air out the car at my house, i lifted the car, put a camera underneath to watch the hose, and when i slowly aired out that side, i could hear the axle rubbing against the hose. It sounded as if the axle was putting pressure on the hose and causing it to slip off the turbo. I'd hate to say it, but you're going to have to be careful, specially if you're notched. I'm not sure if the GTI is any different than GLI, but I doubt there's a huge difference..

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 10:34 AM #1089
      Bump for some shots I found laying around on Stance Miami. Shots were from NDIMA.

Vehicles
      2012 jetta GLI
      09-29-2012 05:38 PM #1090
      Damn patrick, that oem axle twisted looks insane. I can only imagine how much force/torque it requires to twist the axle and rip it to shreds like that. Good job with the raxles, motivation, and $$$ to keep fixing all this. Never give up, never back down lol.

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 09:18 PM #1091
      Quote Originally Posted by vadimr View Post
      Damn patrick, that oem axle twisted looks insane. I can only imagine how much force/torque it requires to twist the axle and rip it to shreds like that. Good job with the raxles, motivation, and $$$ to keep fixing all this. Never give up, never back down lol.
      Right? It was ridiculous. When I saw it I thought to myself: Huh?

It's crazy how torquey these TSI motors are actually..unlike most 4 cylinder JDM's that lack torque. Ahhh, the beauty of German enginering.

And thank you! Never dude..sometimes stuff like the car breaking down and not working like you want is upsetting, but it's all part of the game. It's all worth it in the end. I absolutely LOVE my car. And I have to say..that wasn't my exact feeling when I first bought it..I've grown to love it wayyyyyy more now.

Next plans for the car are:

-Bags out, KW V3's in. (ordered)
      -Supaloy S3 lower control arms with polyurethane bushings and anti-lift kit (ordered)
      -APR front and rear sway bars (ordered)
      -adjustable endlinks (already have)
      -race end links for rear sway bars (still have to order)
      -race alignment and corner balance

And I think that's it for now. I'm considering my track wheels. Maybe 8.5's all around with 245's or 255's....hhhmmmmmmm.

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn w/nav DSG
      09-30-2012 09:57 PM #1092
      Patrick, love your new daily! Next summer I'm gonna try to make some money and get an early 00's GLI to practice stick on and have a bit of fun with. How'd you find one in that kind of shape?
      ---------------------------------------------
      2012 GLI Autobahn Deep Black Metallic
      APR Stage I ECU + Carbonio Intake

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 08:50 AM #1093
      Quote Originally Posted by dawookiee15 View Post
      Patrick, love your new daily! Next summer I'm gonna try to make some money and get an early 00's GLI to practice stick on and have a bit of fun with. How'd you find one in that kind of shape?
      Thanks buddy!

Sounds like a good idea. Mk4's are one of my favorite era VW's, specially the GLI's! I got lucky on this one. A buddy of my friend works at Gunther VW as a tech. The car was his, and he had originally bought it for his daughter. So he went through everything on the car, even replaced the motor and tranny to make sure everything was working properly. Got all the receipts and documentation, which is sweet, too. But I guess his daughter wanted something else, so I ended up taking it off his hands.

Vehicles
      2003 GTI 1.8T
      10-01-2012 03:43 PM #1094
      Wow, Patrick, car looks insane man, I had heard that you didn't have the S4 anymore, but never got a chance to see the GLI. Amazing work dude.

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 04:19 PM #1095
      Quote Originally Posted by AlexiZenieris View Post
      Wow, Patrick, car looks insane man, I had heard that you didn't have the S4 anymore, but never got a chance to see the GLI. Amazing work dude.
      Hey Alexi! What's good man? I haven't talked to you in forever. Yeah man, I got rid of the S4 a little less than a year ago, and I've since been working on the MK6. Thanks buddy!

How's the MK4 doing?

And quick update on the car..just got word from USP that she just hit 470, and climbing...yeahhhhh buddy.

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 08:28 PM #1096
      470 damn!!! If only you could pop wheelies on the drag strip with fwd haha, but seriously my 200hp feels fast. Also, if you got that awesome blue GLI as your new daily what happened to your X5? I love that even more

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      10-01-2012 08:29 PM #1097
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post

And quick update on the car..just got word from USP that she just hit 470, and climbing...yeahhhhh buddy.
      got the head working properly?

Vehicles
      2003 GTI 1.8T
      10-01-2012 08:58 PM #1098
      Hey Alexi! What's good man? I haven't talked to you in forever. Yeah man, I got rid of the S4 a little less than a year ago, and I've since been working on the MK6. Thanks buddy!

How's the MK4 doing?
      It's still running, so I can't complain haha. Debating on selling it and picking up a MKV GLI in the next month or two. But, not quite sure yet. Next time I'm back in PBC I need to come check that thing out man. Would love to see it in person.

14. 10-02-2012 12:59 AM #1099
      470??? holy crap! congrats man! i forgot, is this with w/m or no?

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 09:03 AM #1100
      Quote Originally Posted by dawookiee15 View Post
      470 damn!!! If only you could pop wheelies on the drag strip with fwd haha, but seriously my 200hp feels fast. Also, if you got that awesome blue GLI as your new daily what happened to your X5? I love that even more
      Yessir. Haha, popping a wheelie with fwd, now that would be something. X5 is still happily sitting at home. She's not going anywhere. I just wanted a daily beater, that I wouldn't have to worry about so much, and that I could just throw miles on like no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      got the head working properly?
      Nope, not yet. Still waiting on the machine shop. Car is still on stock head. It's amazing how most of these machines shops just do whatever they want! I swear...it's at the most a two day job..two full days. And still, they manage to stretch it out to months. It's crazy. I don't even know how they survive. They are in no way THAT busy. A head only takes a day to two at the most. I can never understand that. Every experience I've ever had with a machine shop has been the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexiZenieris View Post
      It's still running, so I can't complain haha. Debating on selling it and picking up a MKV GLI in the next month or two. But, not quite sure yet. Next time I'm back in PBC I need to come check that thing out man. Would love to see it in person.

Haha, that's good. Can't complain there dude. MKV GLI sounds like a great idea, do it! Have you found a specific one, or still searching? Yeah bro, please do. Next time you're around hit me up! Where are you now, going to school?

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0TLINY View Post
      470??? holy crap! congrats man! i forgot, is this with w/m or no?
      Thanks buddy! Hopefully we can squeeze a little bit more out of it. No w/m for now.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      10-02-2012 10:14 AM #1101
      Details on how you make 470? 100 octane plus what?

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 01:16 PM #1102
      Details on how you make 470? 100 octane plus what?
      Chris' secret, he won't even tell me dude. He made some modifications to the fuel system, which I have yet to find out what the hell it is. And then more tuning, and tuning. It was one of those: "Do you trust me? If you do, just give me your car and don't ask questions" type of thing. So, that's what I did. Lol..I'm still trying to get it out of them. Whatever it is, it's working. I'm still waiting on an update. ANXIOUSLY!

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      10-02-2012 01:34 PM #1103
      Me too that's awesome, break 500
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 01:35 PM #1104
      Quote Originally Posted by MasterNele03 View Post
      Me too that's awesome, break 500
      Thanks Nelson! Hopefully..those are the plans!

I am so anxious you have no idea. I want my car back!!!!

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      10-02-2012 02:16 PM #1105
      Chris' secret, he won't even tell me dude. He made some modifications to the fuel system, which I have yet to find out what the hell it is. And then more tuning, and tuning. It was one of those: "Do you trust me? If you do, just give me your car and don't ask questions" type of thing. So, that's what I did. Lol..I'm still trying to get it out of them. Whatever it is, it's working. I'm still waiting on an update. ANXIOUSLY!
      If they won't give up the secret I may have to make the trip down to Florida in the near future!

Vehicles
      2007 Civic Si, 2009 Routan, 2011 S4, 2012 GLI
      10-02-2012 03:20 PM #1106

And I think that's it for now. I'm considering my track wheels. Maybe 8.5's all around with 245's or 255's....hhhmmmmmmm.
      8.5s with 245s is hella nuts! lol

I was thinking about putting 245s on any wheel the other day.

17s would work and maybe 18s on 245s

I have 4 245.35.19s lying around my garage but I cant use them and there arent any decent wheels out there with specs that satisfies our cars.

-----

anyway, patrick is that your car in the above posted posters above?? if so, I'm really diggin those RPF1s.

always been a fan of RPF1s and NT03s when I was in the JDM Scene
      Quote Originally Posted by vincenzoo View Post
      Today i brought the car to the body shop and plasti diped the rear emblem on my jetta.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE
      10-02-2012 03:26 PM #1107
      What was the specs on your meisters? I want fitment like that!!
      2005 BLITZ COROLLA - 2001 AUDI A4 QUATTRO - 2003 BMP GTI #3918 - 2008 FORD FOCUS - 2010 BAGGED CW GTI - 1995 370 WHP VRT GTI -2012 BAGGED CW JETTA - 1988 VW CABBY

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 05:56 PM #1108
      If they won't give up the secret I may have to make the trip down to Florida in the near future!
      If we can really get everything working the way we want, it's going to totally be worth it. And I can guarantee that we will. I was speaking to Troy about it, and even he thought about shipping the car down, depending on how it all goes. Totally worth it. USP knows their VAG like no one else dude. Props to them, once again. Can't wait to see the final results. Temporarily final, since no project is ever final.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009RoutanSE View Post
      8.5s with 245s is hella nuts! lol

I was thinking about putting 245s on any wheel the other day.

17s would work and maybe 18s on 245s

I have 4 245.35.19s lying around my garage but I cant use them and there arent any decent wheels out there with specs that satisfies our cars.

-----

anyway, patrick is that your car in the above posted posters above?? if so, I'm really diggin those RPF1s.

always been a fan of RPF1s and NT03s when I was in the JDM Scene
      Those are the plans! I'm going to try 245's all around. Hopefully I can pull it off!!! 17"s might be a better bet for me. Let's see what I can do. After I get the suspension all in, the wheels will be chosen/ordered/built or whatever. 245s and 19s, that's a tough combo for our cars...very tough, lol.

yessir, that's my car with the rpf1's. It's my drag wheel/tire set-up. Me too, always been a fan of rpf1's. They are just one of those wheels that look god on just about everything. NT03s are another one of my favorites. Both are awesome wheels for the money. And fairly lihtweight, too!

What was the specs on your meisters? I want fitment like that!!
      Meisters were nothing uber crazy..They were my least aggressive wheels as far as widths so far. Fronts were 18x8et33 and rears were 18x8.5et38. Fitment was spot on though.

Vehicles
      2004.5 gli <-sold Mk6 gti
      10-02-2012 09:36 PM #1109
      Looks great

Vehicles
      10-03-2012 09:24 AM #1110
      Quote Originally Posted by joeydee View Post
      Looks great
      Thanks buddy!

Since I don't have any huge updates to post quite yet, be sure to check out ProjectMadonna.com >> Tell your friends about, tell your brothers, sisters, girlfriends, boyfriends, parents, wife, husband, aunts and uncles, cousins, neighbors, neighbor's dogs, mailman, milk man, zephyrhills water man, or anyone else.

I'll be posting more up soon.

Vehicles
      E92
      10-04-2012 11:02 AM #1111
      Hi

Vehicles
      10-05-2012 09:45 AM #1112
      Quote Originally Posted by idk alex View Post
      Hi
      o hai!

Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE
      10-05-2012 11:46 AM #1113
      Meisters were nothing uber crazy..They were my least aggressive wheels as far as widths so far. Fronts were 18x8et33 and rears were 18x8.5et38. Fitment was spot on though.
      Yeah, that's sort of the look I'm going for. Nothing too crazy with camber since it's my daily. My MKVI GTI on air had camber maxed out and went through rear tires every 3-4 months
      2005 BLITZ COROLLA - 2001 AUDI A4 QUATTRO - 2003 BMP GTI #3918 - 2008 FORD FOCUS - 2010 BAGGED CW GTI - 1995 370 WHP VRT GTI -2012 BAGGED CW JETTA - 1988 VW CABBY

Vehicles
      10-05-2012 12:55 PM #1114
      Yeah, that's sort of the look I'm going for. Nothing too crazy with camber since it's my daily. My MKVI GTI on air had camber maxed out and went through rear tires every 3-4 months
      Yeah, I'd hate having to change out tires every 3-4 months. That's just too much. My camber is set to factory specs on all those pictures..And wheels still fit perfectly. Not worth cambering like crazy if the car is a daily, unless you can get a sweet deal on tires, then it's whatever.

Vehicles
      10-08-2012 09:02 AM #1115
      Monday Morning bump.

How to properly break an axle...and torque arm mount.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      10-08-2012 10:31 AM #1116
      Wow man. No ******* luck dude. Raxle = toast?

Vehicles
      10-08-2012 10:36 AM #1117
      Wow man. No ******* luck dude. Raxle = toast?
      Thank god, no! Not yet, lol..This was the OEM one. I just never got a chance to post this video up. I finally did this morning. Raxles are still in one piece..The car is actually still apart right now. still working on fueling and waiting on coilovers..I'm hoping it will all be ready by this weekend. There's another race going on this weekend, so she needs to be there!

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      10-08-2012 08:06 PM #1118
      Thank god, no! Not yet, lol..This was the OEM one. I just never got a chance to post this video up. I finally did this morning. Raxles are still in one piece..The car is actually still apart right now. still working on fueling and waiting on coilovers..I'm hoping it will all be ready by this weekend. There's another race going on this weekend, so she needs to be there!
      lol.. good thing, that would suck to have happen a 2nd time..

Vehicles
      E92
      10-08-2012 08:19 PM #1119
      You seem so happy lol

Vehicles
      10-08-2012 08:31 PM #1120
      Thanks buddy!

Since I don't have any huge updates to post quite yet, be sure to check out ProjectMadonna.com >> Tell your friends about, tell your brothers, sisters, girlfriends, boyfriends, parents, wife, husband, aunts and uncles, cousins, neighbors, neighbor's dogs, mailman, milk man, zephyrhills water man, or anyone else.

I'll be posting more up soon.
      Ha! If only my girlfriend that was interested in project madonna ... that would be the good life!! I am enough of a loser to show my parents though - "look mom, my car could be like this"

Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast