Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Madonna

Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      04-03-2012 12:16 PM #176
      photobucket is now working again...here's the picture I was talking about Jon

it's going to be kind of tough to pull the rears that much...it's like half an inch or so..i don't think it will work unless you have some negative camber dialed in...pulling the fenders any more is just kind of pushing it too far i think..if they were 9 or 9.5 inches out back with the same offset, than i think it would be just enough..but 10's are pushing it.

and the fedex man just made my day.

OEM Hollow Spoke Twists. If I don't find a buyer for them, I will be refinishing them and keeping them as another set of wheels, just for the hell of it.....And by the way, I'm going to weigh these things as soon as I take them home...I am very curious to see how much they weigh...they feel pretty damn light..

If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      07 baggedwagon, now 12 GLI
      04-03-2012 12:22 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      photobucket is now working again...here's the picture I was talking about Jon

it's going to be kind of tough to pull the rears that much...it's like half an inch or so..i don't think it will work unless you have some negative camber dialed in...pulling the fenders any more is just kind of pushing it too far i think..if they were 9 or 9.5 inches out back with the same offset, than i think it would be just enough..but 10's are pushing it.

and the fedex man just made my day.

OEM Hollow Spoke Twists. If I don't find a buyer for them, I will be refinishing them and keeping them as another set of wheels, just for the hell of it.....And by the way, I'm going to weigh these things as soon as I take them home...I am very curious to see how much they weigh...they feel pretty damn light..

If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm.
      love the twists!!! I would keep them, but that's one wheel whore to another

Vehicles
      04-03-2012 12:43 PM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by fasttt600 View Post
      love the twists!!! I would keep them, but that's one wheel whore to another
      lol, same here man...unless i get an awesome offer for them, i am definitely keeping them. along with the LM's, this is another set of wheels i've always wanted to own! and they are beautiful! can't wait to see what they look like on the GLI...

omg...my garage just keeps filling up with wheels. I just sold my Carlsson's last week, and now I still have like three different sets of wheels just chilling in the garage! What a whore..

Vehicles
      04-03-2012 05:24 PM #179
      so i had to share a quick picture with you guys...

AND I still can't make up my mind about big turbo vs jet ski....OMG!

I made a list last night of everything I would need (or want) for part of the big turbo build..including built motor, valvetrain, clutch, lsd, blah blah blah...and OMG, it is so tempting! But at the time, a hugeeeeee hit to the pocket...Damn...I can't make up my mind....HELP! Or maybe I should invest my money instead of just blowing it! That would be the smart thing to do, but I just don't see it happening.

Vehicles
      mk6 jetta
      04-03-2012 05:25 PM #180
      so i had to share a quick picture with you guys...
      so good. ill take one in black, thanks!
      my car

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE, 2002 Jetta 1.8t, 1983 Rabbit ABA
      04-03-2012 05:25 PM #181
      jet ski you wont

Vehicles
      04-03-2012 05:30 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsmcb View Post
      so good. ill take one in black, thanks!
      lol, such a pain in the butt to do...even though i do it, it's no wonder i don't like body work..

Quote Originally Posted by xHoldenMcNeilx View Post
      jet ski you wont
      ahhhhhh don't do that to me! hahahahaha....half of me right now says jet ski jet ski jet ski...and then the other half is like....BIG TURBOOOOOOO!!!!!! VROOM VROOM!!!!

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-03-2012 05:42 PM #183
      hey patrick, thanks for that picture of the rear and sending me the pics of the twists as well. after seeing that rear shot I'm leaning towards running a 9.5 or maybe even a 9 and some camber to get it to tuck a bit.

personally i'd prob go for a jet ski now and do big turbo later, just my 2 cents

trunk looks awesome, i want one. can't wait to see it on the car

Vehicles
      04-03-2012 05:57 PM #184
      Quote Originally Posted by gti.jon View Post
      hey patrick, thanks for that picture of the rear and sending me the pics of the twists as well. after seeing that rear shot I'm leaning towards running a 9.5 or maybe even a 9 and some camber to get it to tuck a bit.

personally i'd prob go for a jet ski now and do big turbo later, just my 2 cents

No problem Jon, anytime! Yeah..if you're looking for tucking the rear, I'd say 9" and negative camber will do the trick..maybe a little roll/pull, maybe not.. I'm happy with the look for now..maybe I'll change it down the road...and I have yet to decide what to do with the Twists.

And I think I am starting to lean towards that Jet ski....if i think about it for real...all i'm going to do is void my warranty, spend ridiculous money, which will probably end up giving me problems sooner than I want, as well as getting me in trouble...and then you spend this crazy money, get your car up to 400, 500 hp...and then get your ass handed to you by someone in something faster...and then you're not satisfied once again..so then you want to spend even more money, and then you have even more problems...

and the jet ski...i just get to enjoy summer, beaches, intracoastal, and all that good stuff...sometimes it's a hassle to take the boat out...and it's always more fun with a jet ski!

And I should have the trunk on soon! As soon as I have some time to mount it this week

10. Member
      Vehicles
      04-03-2012 06:38 PM #185
      No more typing, go put that trunk on looks awesome

11. Member
      Vehicles
      04-04-2012 07:59 AM #186
      plus in the jet ski you cant lose cause if you are, you just turn and go a different direction hahaha

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 09:56 AM #187
      Quote Originally Posted by fasttt600 View Post
      No more typing, go put that trunk on looks awesome
      lol, will do! as soon as i have some time..if i get out early today, it's going on right away! if not, tomorrow.

plus in the jet ski you cant lose cause if you are, you just turn and go a different direction hahaha
      hahahaha, good point. looks like i might just be doing a little more jet ski shopping this weekend. big turbo, i think you're going on hold for now.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 05:33 PM #188
      i think i will keep teasing you guys for a little bit longer, just until i have it installed.

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-04-2012 09:22 PM #189
      i think i will keep teasing you guys for a little bit longer, just until i have it installed.

Clear your schedule and get that thing on already, looks so good in these pics. I envy you

15. 04-04-2012 11:29 PM #190

I'm thinking my 9.5's should be pretty close to tucking if one ran a small enough tire. Just test fitted my 9.5's in the rear and it's pretty close. They are very close to hitting the shock on the back side. I tried them on my buddies mk6 GTi, and they didn't clear.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/340bf01e.jpg

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-05-2012 12:35 AM #191
      Quote Originally Posted by 4x108 View Post
      I'm thinking my 9.5's should be pretty close to tucking if one ran a small enough tire. Just test fitted my 9.5's in the rear and it's pretty close. They are very close to hitting the shock on the back side. I tried them on my buddies mk6 GTi, and they didn't clear.
      what're your wheel specs?

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 11:36 AM #192
      what're your wheel specs?
      yeah, looks like you should be able to tuck with a little work!

my specs in the rear are 18x10, et51 and tires are 225/40/18. fronts are 18x9 et42, and tires are 215/40/18.

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      04-05-2012 04:09 PM #193
      Sent a PM but figured I'd post here.

Was the spoiler in the first set of pictures the OEM spoiler from factory?

Vehicles
      MK6 GLI
      04-05-2012 05:10 PM #194
      yeah, looks like you should be able to tuck with a little work!

my specs in the rear are 18x10, et51 and tires are 225/40/18. fronts are 18x9 et42, and tires are 215/40/18.
      Lol Patrick I was asking the other guy (4x108), I know your sheet specs from memory but where did you get your LMs...did you get them with those offsets?

Part of the reason I'm iffy on ordering some CCWs is because I want to go with a set of cheaper wheels for the time being and find out exactly what kind of offset I want before dropping 3k+ on custom wheels

20. Member
      Vehicles
      04-05-2012 05:26 PM #195
      that is exactly how i feel
      i really wanna get it right if im gonna make that leap

21. 04-05-2012 06:52 PM #196
      Lol Patrick I was asking the other guy (4x108), I know your sheet specs from memory but where did you get your LMs...did you get them with those offsets?

Part of the reason I'm iffy on ordering some CCWs is because I want to go with a set of cheaper wheels for the time being and find out exactly what kind of offset I want before dropping 3k+ on custom wheels
      CCW is eventually want I want too

My new wheels are 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. I believe et45 on both. 225/35 and 235/35
      Test fit before tires were mounted
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/4e6cbac1.jpg
      Last edited by 4x108; 04-05-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 10:46 PM #197
      Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Turbo View Post
      Sent a PM but figured I'd post here.

Was the spoiler in the first set of pictures the OEM spoiler from factory?
      pm responded.

lol, ohhhhh okay...i was thinking to myself: hmmm, i'm pretty sure he has asked before.

but so true, make sure you are absolutely sure of what you want, and what kind of fitment you're looking to get before spending mad cash on a set of wheels that might not turn out to be what you wanted..

23. Member
      Vehicles
      04-05-2012 11:01 PM #198
      CCW is eventually want I want too

My new wheels are 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. I believe et45 on both. 225/35 and 235/35
      Test fit before tires were mounted
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/4e6cbac1.jpg
      what wheels did you end up with

and what jet skis you lookin at man

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 11:16 PM #199
      what wheels did you end up with

and what jet skis you lookin at man
      i have been looking at a few sea doo's...a lot of people tell me sea doo's aren't so great for salt water use..but i think that as long as you maintain properly, you should be fine...and i am partial to see doo, as that's what i've always had...if i go the used route, maybe an rxp or rxt...if i go new route, then gtr....i am pretty much stuck between those..

25. Member
      Vehicles
      04-06-2012 06:45 AM #200
      i have been looking at a few sea doo's...a lot of people tell me sea doo's aren't so great for salt water use..but i think that as long as you maintain properly, you should be fine...and i am partial to see doo, as that's what i've always had...if i go the used route, maybe an rxp or rxt...if i go new route, then gtr....i am pretty much stuck between those..
      where do you take them out?
      that should help you determine as well

Vehicles
      04-06-2012 01:45 PM #201
      where do you take them out?
      that should help you determine as well
      i will be taking them mostly out on the intracoastal and the ocean...we used to take them out to the local lake, but it's not as fun..

Vehicles
      2012 GLI 6speed BASE
      04-06-2012 03:54 PM #202
      KEEP THE TWISTS!!!
      2012 Tornado RedGLI 6speed BASE
      Miro 111
      ST's.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      04-06-2012 04:25 PM #203
      i will be taking them mostly out on the intracoastal and the ocean...we used to take them out to the local lake, but it's not as fun..
      hitting waves on the ocean makes it much more interesting
      lake and river riding is great with a passanger in my opinion
      then again i have never owned one just love them and will soon

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 09:34 AM #204
      Quote Originally Posted by SLeePeR_GTi View Post
      KEEP THE TWISTS!!!
      agreed. i think i will! at least for the time being. i am going to refinish them and throw them on for a bit..

hitting waves on the ocean makes it much more interesting
      lake and river riding is great with a passanger in my opinion
      then again i have never owned one just love them and will soon
      lol..that's true though...ocean is nice riding driver only, that way you can have all the fun you want...and like you said, lakes and rivers are better for just cruising around...best thing about the ocean and intracoastal here in south FL is that there is so much to do...you can go to restaurants, spend the day on close by islands..it's awesome.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my trunk on finally. Sorry for phone pictures only, but I will have better pictures coming soon! Hopefully after a car wash...geez, this thing is dirty..

Last edited by pattrick02; 04-07-2012 at 10:01 AM.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      04-07-2012 09:33 PM #205
      Turned out great! Love the shots with it aired out from the rear. Makes me anxious

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 09:38 PM #206
      thanks man! yeah, that last shot with the c-class in it was my favorite...i just love the look of that fat rear end, lol..

32. Member
      Vehicles
      04-07-2012 09:42 PM #207
      damnnnnn now a jetski for the garage and you will be set

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 10:13 PM #208
      damnnnnn now a jetski for the garage and you will be set
      haha, hell yeah! i am shopping as we speak.

and some late night humor..

34. Member
      Vehicles
      04-07-2012 10:25 PM #209
      haha, hell yeah! i am shopping as we speak.

and some late night humor..

Haha awesome

Vehicles
      04-10-2012 02:52 PM #210
      UPDATE:

Still trying to find a nice used jet ski...All the ones I had looked at before seem to have already been sold.

And on a side note, I got these bad boys in the mail today. I am waiting on something else to install them though.

Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast