VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Does anyone here live in florida?

5K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Chuckmeister87 
#1 ·
I live in Jacksonville, Florida and have only seen about 5 TT's running around. One was a hello kitty silver TT coupe 225Q. but other than that, I have no other TT's to chill with at the meets on saturday nights. :confused: I really would like to see some other builds in person to see how some people have done their mods.

#5 ·
I'm up in Ocala....225QR. It has been on stands for months now, but I have a pullout engine on the way. Should be back running here shortly. My cam tensioner failed and caused some head damage, nothing major, but with a high mileage engine I figured I should just bite the bullet and put a fresher one in. I will sell what I don't need and hopefully pull the engine again after year or so for a stroker. I was really intimidated by these engines at first, but after spending some time with it, these cars are not nearly as complicated as they appear.

-Ed

#6 ·
Sweet, Ocala isnt to far away. Maybe we could get together sometime when you got her up and runnin. What are you going to do with the old motor? and what is the engine code? im looking to get a spare to motor to build one up. will i be able to put that motor in in place of my awp with no problems?

Also i have been wanting to hit up Daytona too but i just havent done the drive lol. If there are any car meets going on please give me a heads up. i will come if i can get the time off.:wave:

#12 ·
I am moving to Daytona Beach next week :cool:

#17 ·
hopefully in the near future my wife and i will be relocating to florida. i grew up in jacksonville, she in Pennsylvania. i can't wait to get back. we will be looking in the Vero Beach'ish area....I will have to transfer within my company either to Orlando or Ft pierce...so that will dictate exactly where we end up!

#22 ·
Maybe we can setup a monthly meet. Anyone know where the best, unpoliced roads in Florida are? We could start from one city/county to another and waist an hour of driving or just have a TT meet at a cool spot that no one has a complaint meeting... maybe change location from month to month :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.