Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: VaGPuncher's "Just another big turbo thread"....

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      02-27-2012 08:01 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by MKCSG View Post
      Nice, what would cause the fins to bend?

Miles?
      That's from compressor surge , prob running to much boost versus what the engine can swallow at a given rpm point. To OP nice job time to enjoy the car. Bob. G
      Read below about mine and other fsi stage 3 owners bad experience and poor results with APR and there Stage 3 Kits. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ge-3-dyno-runs
      Quote Originally Posted by jhines_06gli View Post
      I'd say you have nothing to worry about, but then again.....you are driving a modified VW. You have EVERYTHING to worry about!!!
      -J. Hines

2. 02-27-2012 10:02 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      Was on mk5 as well. That hose is extremely close to the axle and rubs when it hits bumps I guess.
      had a hole in one of the hoses from rubbing. Not sure what hose though. Think Skully also had that problem.

3. 02-27-2012 09:13 PM #108
      i have the first TOP that came out..i put the APR adapter in first and clipped it..then i muscled the hose on, it fits but that damn coupler is what pops out..As far as impressions from stage 3 V2 i have no idea..i haven't driven this one enough haven't driven the stage 3 since like august so i kind of forgot..i do think this one lacks some of the torque though..
      hurry up Sir. Need some dynos / logs

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-27-2012 09:21 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by HalvieCuw View Post
      hurry up Sir. Need some dynos / logs
      my laptop is shot( screen fell off) so i'm waiting on a friend that has one for me than i will log..we are also looking for an AWD dyno around us so he can dyno his B5 S4 and i can dyno mine at the same time..i will also try and get a heads up race with him to see where i stand..his car made 410AWHP and 457AWTQ..on pump im not expecting a good outcome for me..

5. 02-27-2012 09:22 PM #110
      my laptop is shot( screen fell off) so i'm waiting on a friend that has one for me than i will log..we are also looking for an AWD dyno around us so he can dyno his B5 S4 and i can dyno mine at the same time..i will also try and get a heads up race with him to see where i stand..his car made 410AWHP and 457AWTQ..on pump im not expecting a good outcome for me..
      his car k04?

Really wish I would have just bought one of those last year.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-27-2012 09:33 PM #111
      his car k04?

Really wish I would have just bought one of those last year.
      Yea. The k04-25. Tuned on w/m. Kinda makes me wanna get one as well.

7. 02-27-2012 09:35 PM #112
      Yea. The k04-25. Tuned on w/m. Kinda makes me wanna get one as well.
      128-132mph traps off a k04 stage 3 make me a bit sick to my stomach. That isn't even that expensive.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-27-2012 10:46 PM #113
      128-132mph traps off a k04 stage 3 make me a bit sick to my stomach. That isn't even that expensive.
      Yea I hear ya. Dying to find out what this stage 3+ 100 octane file will trap. But it looks like I will not know until the track opens unless you make it before me.

9. 02-27-2012 11:03 PM #114
      Yea I hear ya. Dying to find out what this stage 3+ 100 octane file will trap. But it looks like I will not know until the track opens unless you make it before me.
      lol my time wouldn't give anyone a good indication anyways Up to you, steel, or prnds at this point.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-27-2012 11:07 PM #115
      Did u run on drag radials? You should maybe try the WOTBOX. 2 step with some drag radials will get you off the line precisely. iMO

11. 02-27-2012 11:14 PM #116
      Did u run on drag radials? You should maybe try the WOTBOX. 2 step with some drag radials will get you off the line precisely. iMO
      No just the advan ad08 / hankook rs-3 tires. no wotbox. I still don't even get the reasoning behind feathering the throttle off the line lol....like I am going to have to stomp on it eventually, right? So if it is eventually going to spin what is the point of wasting time feathering the throttle.

Last couple times I went with the untuned 3071 I had trouble getting off the line without bogging the car.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-27-2012 11:19 PM #117
      What was your mph with the untuned 3071?

13. 02-27-2012 11:23 PM #118
      What was your mph with the untuned 3071?
      worse than stage 3 v2. I think like 114 was the best. I don't have any of the slips left.

14. 02-28-2012 12:44 AM #119

Now this, this is a big(ish) turbo.
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

15. 02-28-2012 12:46 AM #120
      No just the advan ad08 / hankook rs-3 tires. no wotbox. I still don't even get the reasoning behind feathering the throttle off the line lol....like I am going to have to stomp on it eventually, right? So if it is eventually going to spin what is the point of wasting time feathering the throttle.

Last couple times I went with the untuned 3071 I had trouble getting off the line without bogging the car.
      your 60 foot is what you should be worried about, not your trap.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-28-2012 09:26 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Outie5000 View Post

Now this, this is a big(ish) turbo.
      ok, so make a thread of you putting that in your car so i can go and post "wow, thats a bigish turbo"

17. 02-28-2012 10:53 PM #122
      how is your mpg looking ?

Do some logs when you get a chance/before you dyno.

18. 02-29-2012 12:35 AM #123
      ok, so make a thread of you putting that in your car so i can go and post "wow, thats a bigish turbo"
      I have no use for an obtuse powerband. a .50/.63 works just fine in my volvo for what I need it to.

And I definitely wouldn't put a turbo like that into my TDI, that thing would never be in boost.

I'm merely pointing out that a k04 is NOT a big turbo by any standard.

19. 02-29-2012 01:09 AM #124
      I have no use for an obtuse powerband. a .50/.63 works just fine in my volvo for what I need it to.

And I definitely wouldn't put a turbo like that into my TDI, that thing would never be in boost.

k04?

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-29-2012 08:15 AM #125
      don't know what thread you are reading but there is no k04 content here..

Halvie i can't log until i get the other laptop..hopefully this weekend..

21. 02-29-2012 11:24 AM #126
      Excuse me, that baby t3/4.

22. 02-29-2012 11:53 AM #127

so your suggestion for a BT is what then? Nonexistent tune from another one of the tuners? Maybe he could also buy the injectors from them too.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      02-29-2012 12:50 PM #128

Still gets 435whp on 100 octane. I'd like to see a k04 do that. Why don't you quit trolling, ****ting on vag and do like your screen name and get the fu$$ on Outie hear. You're being a real douche...
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

24. 02-29-2012 02:42 PM #129

so your suggestion for a BT is what then? Nonexistent tune from another one of the tuners? Maybe he could also buy the injectors from them too.
      There's no rule that says you have to use a prepackaged tune. You could always delve further into the aftermarket and run megasquirt, proEFI, this, that, the other.

The problem with the new vw community (and this is really due to dealers) is the one size fits all approach that the manufacturers have taken, to get their product out to the most people the easiest way possible.

I'm not hating on anyone's cars or choices of turbo's or tuners, but let's be realistic, the lack of tuning capabilities for the price is a bit absurd. There's very little that you can do on your own to tune, and you're going to be hard pressed to even get a retailer to help you do more than load a standard tune onto your car.

In my mind, the entire reason behind getting "chipped" should be to have unlimited control over engine parameters. You as the owner should be able to manipulate VE tables, spark tables, advance/retard, corrections, etc. But what's most common doesn't give you that. If you slap on some new 60lb/hr injectors, you're left in the dust because you can't tune for them. If you get new cams, again you can't tune for them. You just kind of have to hope that the one size fits all software will learn.

You're basically stuck buying the same companies products because they made their software work with their stuff. You're out almost all of the market because you are stuck in the confines of untunable software, or extremely costly to retune software.

Also, a big turbo: HX40, GT45, etc. Hell, if you want to talk big we can go up to the 60's. I think the HX35 is plenty big on anything with 4 cylinders.

I'll just leave now.

25. 02-29-2012 02:51 PM #130
      There's no rule that says you have to use a prepackaged tune. You could always delve further into the aftermarket and run megasquirt, proEFI, this, that, the other.
      has proven to be a big enough pain in the balls getting the prepackaged kits to function properly. I'll leave it up to someone else to go bananas.
      Last edited by HalvieCuw; 02-29-2012 at 02:58 PM.

26. 02-29-2012 04:10 PM #131
      has proven to be a big enough pain in the balls getting the prepackaged kits to function properly. I'll leave it up to someone else to go bananas.
      If all you're looking for is speed, then there's no sense in not going that route. You don't need the 20 million wheel speed sensors and what not, you don't need AC that gets colder based on ambient temps, or the other billion things the ECU controls.

Gut it all, throw in an aftermarket board, wire it up, and tune to your hearts content.

Hell, you could probably swap the ecu for one from a more tune friendly car like an evo and use map tuning. Just have to change a few parameters in the engine constants and you'll be good to go (probably), and of course rewire a few things.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      02-29-2012 05:25 PM #132
      If all you're looking for is speed, then there's no sense in not going that route. You don't need the 20 million wheel speed sensors and what not, you don't need AC that gets colder based on ambient temps, or the other billion things the ECU controls.

Gut it all, throw in an aftermarket board, wire it up, and tune to your hearts content.

Hell, you could probably swap the ecu for one from a more tune friendly car like an evo and use map tuning. Just have to change a few parameters in the engine constants and you'll be good to go (probably), and of course rewire a few things.
      This would be all good if I was looking to build a track car. This is easily reversible to back to stock if I don't want it anymore. If I was going to build something as to what you are referring to it would probably be something along the lines of an mk2 1.8t 20v swap.

And sorry for offending the classifier of big turbos. I wasn't aware that was your title. Maybe I should change the title Bigger than stock turbo thread just to make u happy.

28. 02-29-2012 05:56 PM #133
      This would be all good if I was looking to build a track car. This is easily reversible to back to stock if I don't want it anymore. If I was going to build something as to what you are referring to it would probably be something along the lines of an mk2 1.8t 20v swap.

And sorry for offending the classifier of big turbos. I wasn't aware that was your title. Maybe I should change the title Bigger than stock turbo thread just to make u happy.
      Please, I would really appreciate it.

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-18-2012 07:48 PM #134
      Got some more work done on the car this weekend..Made it out to JR @ RSW yesterday for a wheel alignment and get the revised tune..Car all around feels so much better..Drives smoother and pulls harder..Went from 20lbs of boost to 23-24(according to gauge, haven't logged car.. Installed the driveshaft shop 2.9's that i purchased from Branman and now my clearance issue is resolved, also installed my WOTBOX and went out and did a couple of launches and spun into 4th gear..Overall actually satisfied with the car, everything(knock on wood) seems to be holding up just fine and can't wait to hit the track early next month...Blurry pic of axles just for reference,

30. 03-18-2012 07:56 PM #135
      Got some more work done on the car this weekend..Made it out to JR @ RSW yesterday for a wheel alignment and get the revised tune..Car all around feels so much better..Drives smoother and pulls harder..Went from 20lbs of boost to 23-24(according to gauge, haven't logged car.. Installed the driveshaft shop 2.9's that i purchased from Branman and now my clearance issue is resolved, also installed my WOTBOX and went out and did a couple of launches and spun into 4th gear..Overall actually satisfied with the car, everything(knock on wood) seems to be holding up just fine and can't wait to hit the track early next month...Blurry pic of axles just for reference,
      urgh. lucky lucky me...

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-18-2012 08:02 PM #136
      urgh. lucky lucky me...
      that was off the launches, not just a 4th gear pull halvie..

32. 03-18-2012 08:03 PM #137
      that was off the launches, not just a 4th gear pull halvie..
      I get that, but launching and going through gears it still won't spin 3rd. Beyond ****ing tired of this car. Someone come steal it.

Axles lighter than stock? Heard yes/no. Can't seem to get a straight answer.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-18-2012 08:07 PM #138
      Nice! See I told you you would be happy.
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-18-2012 08:09 PM #139
      I thought about putting them on the scale but held one in each hand and it didn't seem different at all. Maybe a pound off or so, nothing drastic. I bought them because of the clearance issue I was having with my passenger side axle and turbo outlet hose.

I've never tried launching the car before so I don't know if it woulda spun through all of those gears without the WOTBOX!

35. 03-18-2012 10:39 PM #140
      dyno pls

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast