Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Results 141 to 175 of 288

    Thread: VaGPuncher's "Just another big turbo thread"....

    1. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-18-2012 09:53 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by HalvieCuw View Post
      dyno pls
      hopefully in a few weeks..

    2. 03-19-2012 12:35 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      my laptop is shot( screen fell off) so i'm waiting on a friend that has one for me than i will log..we are also looking for an AWD dyno around us so he can dyno his B5 S4 and i can dyno mine at the same time..i will also try and get a heads up race with him to see where i stand..his car made 410AWHP and 457AWTQ..on pump im not expecting a good outcome for me..
      Hi Bill, it's been a while and I see that you haven't been resting. Congrats on the new car, it looks very good. I am also very impressed that you did all the install by yourself

      I don't know if you already have one, but I have a racelogic performance box I can lend to you if you want to do some performance measurement by yourself. Whenever we have a chance, I would also be very interested in seeing how bad your car will pull on my stage3 v2. If you want we can also do some runs against the other turbo car.


    3. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-19-2012 09:00 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by hly View Post
      Hi Bill, it's been a while and I see that you haven't been resting. Congrats on the new car, it looks very good. I am also very impressed that you did all the install by yourself

      I don't know if you already have one, but I have a racelogic performance box I can lend to you if you want to do some performance measurement by yourself. Whenever we have a chance, I would also be very interested in seeing how bad your car will pull on my stage3 v2. If you want we can also do some runs against the other turbo car.

      Definitely! Maybe in a few weeks on a Saturday I will make the ride to u and we can test the cars out against eachother. Would be nice to get a camera mounted for the runs.

    4. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,379
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-19-2012 09:11 AM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      ..Made it out to JR @ RSW yesterday and got the revised tune..Car all around feels so much better..Drives smoother and pulls harder..Went from 20lbs of boost to 23-24(according to gauge, haven't logged car..
      same here. car feels much better.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      Fredericksburg, VA
      Posts
      1,221
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-19-2012 09:13 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      Definitely! Maybe in a few weeks on a Saturday I will make the ride to u and we can test the cars out against eachother. Would be nice to get a camera mounted for the runs.
      GoPro FTW

      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      same here. car feels much better.
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

    6. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-22-2012 09:09 PM #146
      took the car to work today and played with the launch on the WOTBOX..i dont know why but i get some vicious wheel hop in 1st and 2nd.. got bfi mount and inserts..last car with the same mount setup had no wheel hop...not to happy about it, going to hurt my launches...

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      Fredericksburg, VA
      Posts
      1,221
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-24-2012 10:17 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      i dont know why but i get some vicious wheel hop in 1st and 2nd.. got bfi mount and inserts..last car with the same mount setup had no wheel hop...not to happy about it, going to hurt my launches...
      Different suspension and tires?
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

    8. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-25-2012 07:31 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain View Post
      Different suspension and tires?
      Tires I think are the same(stock). Never really paid attention to the brand of them in all honesty. Suspension I went from fk streetlines to the kw v3's. So there is a possibility. I want to try out the Whiteline anti lift kit to see if it would help me out with traction at all.

      You guys that have it got any input for me before I buy?

    9. Member Branman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2004
      Location
      DE
      Posts
      7,883
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI ko4'd - 2014 Jeep Rubijon
      03-25-2012 08:14 AM #149
      From what I have heard about the W.A.L.K. It is amazing. I haven't heard any negative reviews so far.

      It doesn't make much sense your getting wheel hop. Did you get an extremely aggressive summer tire?
      11 mk6 gti APR KO4 12.0@119 GoAPR

    10. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-25-2012 08:39 AM #150
      Only really get the wheel hop when I launch the car. Don't get it when I nail it in gear than the tires just spin. But when I launch I get the wheel hop bad in first and second. Maybe I have to adjust the 2 step higher than 4k? I don't know. Kinda sucks.

    11. Member Branman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2004
      Location
      DE
      Posts
      7,883
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI ko4'd - 2014 Jeep Rubijon
      03-25-2012 09:09 AM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      Only really get the wheel hop when I launch the car. Don't get it when I nail it in gear than the tires just spin. But when I launch I get the wheel hop bad in first and second. Maybe I have to adjust the 2 step higher than 4k? I don't know. Kinda sucks.
      It may not hurt to try. I honestly have never launched my car from the launch control. I will have to give it a shot and see what happens.
      11 mk6 gti APR KO4 12.0@119 GoAPR

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      Fredericksburg, VA
      Posts
      1,221
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-25-2012 09:15 AM #152
      I would replace the subframe bolts used on the walk and def torque to spec. Get alignment when done.
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

    13. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-25-2012 08:07 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain View Post
      I would replace the subframe bolts used on the walk and def torque to spec. Get alignment when done.
      Will do. Sucks though. I just got an alignment the other day!

    14. 03-25-2012 08:24 PM #154
      whiteline bushings are nice. You also seem more than capable of doing them yourself which is a plus.

    15. 03-25-2012 09:36 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      Tires I think are the same(stock). Never really paid attention to the brand of them in all honesty. Suspension I went from fk streetlines to the kw v3's. So there is a possibility. I want to try out the Whiteline anti lift kit to see if it would help me out with traction at all.

      You guys that have it got any input for me before I buy?
      You're joking right?

      Get some real tires first, they are the ONLY THING that will put your power to the ground, as they are the only thing that touches the ground.

      Get some star specs and realize how wrong your life was without them.
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

    16. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-26-2012 03:54 PM #156
      I was talking about traction at the track. And was wondering why the wheel hop on this car and not the other car. I have DR's for the track and I will see how the car launches with them. I'm not really into street racing that's why I don't go crazy replacing tires for street.

    17. 03-26-2012 04:53 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      I was talking about traction at the track. And was wondering why the wheel hop on this car and not the other car. I have DR's for the track and I will see how the car launches with them. I'm not really into street racing that's why I don't go crazy replacing tires for street.

      Too much VHT?

      Give it a go with the m/t's and see what happens, if you bounce on those then there's something else going on. I would consider removing the front sway bar or if it's adjustable setting it to its lowest setting.
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

    18. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      03-27-2012 01:54 PM #158
      Have a dyno schedule for next Monday at 10 a.m. We shall see how she does!

    19. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,379
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      03-27-2012 03:39 PM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      Have a dyno schedule for next Monday at 10 a.m. We shall see how she does!

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      Fredericksburg, VA
      Posts
      1,221
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      03-27-2012 05:26 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      Have a dyno schedule for next Monday at 10 a.m. We shall see how she does!
      Sweet.
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

    21. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      04-02-2012 12:13 PM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      Have a dyno schedule for next Monday at 10 a.m. We shall see how she does!
      385whp/346wtq

    22. 04-02-2012 12:41 PM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      385whp/346wtq
      What's the curve look like?
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      Fredericksburg, VA
      Posts
      1,221
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      04-02-2012 12:47 PM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      385whp/346wtq
      Wow, such low torque. What type of correction? I just got my dyno files. I'm posting to my thread.
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

    24. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      04-02-2012 12:54 PM #164
      Not sure in correction. Nasty dip in the graph and it was surging. Trying to open my graphs from the email but it's not working.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      Fredericksburg, VA
      Posts
      1,221
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      04-02-2012 01:01 PM #165
      You can only open the graphs using the winpep software. You gotta download it from their website.
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!


    26. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      15,802
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-02-2012 01:27 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain View Post
      Wow, such low torque. What type of correction? I just got my dyno files. I'm posting to my thread.
      Torque can be low from less of an overboost at boost onset which can make something seem like a bigger deal than it really is.

      Example.

      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    27. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      15,802
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-02-2012 01:29 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by Outie5000 View Post
      Get some real tires first, they are the ONLY THING that will put your power to the ground, as they are the only thing that touches the ground.
      Tires made a huge difference on my car. Going from a crappy brand to some BFG Sport Comp 2s I went from spinning tires all the time to accelerating w/o the traction control light coming on. At first I thought something was wrong but when I realized I was just accelerating faster than ever before. BTW, I don't track or drag my car. If you want a set of good drag slicks someone here should have some suggestions.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    28. Member VaGPuncher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2006
      Location
      Queens, NY
      Posts
      2,160
      Vehicles
      TR MK6 4Door Stage 3+
      04-02-2012 04:15 PM #169
      here is my dyno graph...looks terrible..any input is great.. smoothing factor of 5 and SAE correction..



    29. 04-02-2012 04:35 PM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      here is my dyno graph...looks terrible..any input is great.. smoothing factor of 5 and SAE correction..


      If it wasn't that wavy it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it looks. wtq seems to be what the rest of us have seen....but whp would be pretty decent.

    30. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      15,802
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-02-2012 04:52 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by VaGPuncher View Post
      here is my dyno graph...looks terrible..any input is great.. smoothing factor of 5 and SAE correction..


      Hmm, does it feel like that on the road?

      Let's look at some data logs.

      www.goapr.com/support/datalogging.php

      Shoot me a couple round 5 logs.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    31. 04-02-2012 05:08 PM #172
      Can't really tell much just on a dyno chart. We need VE tables and AFR's and some IAT's and MAP to get a better idea of what's going on. Maybe throw in some duty cycle data and we're good.

      If I had to guess by looking at the graph alone I would say you're running into fueling issues and you might want to consider getting a higher flow pump (depending on duty cycle - if that's 90-100% then you need more injector) and figuring out how to get more rail pressure with some sort of FPR.

      Although it could easily be a heat issue, a component issue (maybe an intake tube is compressing under high load and restricting airflow), or just something funky with the dyno.
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

    32. 04-02-2012 05:11 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by Outie5000 View Post
      Can't really tell much just on a dyno chart. We need VE tables and AFR's and some IAT's and MAP to get a better idea of what's going on. Maybe throw in some duty cycle data and we're good.

      If I had to guess by looking at the graph alone I would say you're running into fueling issues and you might want to consider getting a higher flow pump (depending on duty cycle - if that's 90-100% then you need more injector) and figuring out how to get more rail pressure with some sort of FPR.

      Although it could easily be a heat issue, a component issue (maybe an intake tube is compressing under high load and restricting airflow), or just something funky with the dyno.
      how would I go about doing this

      would also hope that the injectors weren't the issue...not that I think they are
      Last edited by HalvieCuw; 04-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.

    33. 04-02-2012 07:24 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by HalvieCuw View Post
      how would I go about doing this

      would also hope that the injectors weren't the issue...not that I think they are
      You would replace the VW pump with a higher output pump like a walboro 255 or something similar to ensure that you can flow enough fuel to your injectors.

      Not sure if VW has some crazy bs going on with their fuel pumps on the GTI's. If not, it should be a direct swap, maybe with the addition to a new bracket to hold the new pump and a little bit of creative wiring. If so, then you would probably have to get a pump off a vw car that has a much higher output.
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

    34. Forum Sponsor Arin@APR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2008
      Location
      Auburn, Al
      Posts
      15,802
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      04-02-2012 07:52 PM #175
      Quote Originally Posted by Outie5000 View Post
      You would replace the VW pump with a higher output pump like a walboro 255 or something similar to ensure that you can flow enough fuel to your injectors.

      Not sure if VW has some crazy bs going on with their fuel pumps on the GTI's. If not, it should be a direct swap, maybe with the addition to a new bracket to hold the new pump and a little bit of creative wiring. If so, then you would probably have to get a pump off a vw car that has a much higher output.
      The fueling limitation is the high pressure fuel pump that's driven off of the exhaust camshaft. A walboro is a low pressure pump that produces only a few bar of pressure while the High pressure pump delivers up to 200 bar of fuel pressure.

      Also, if low pressure fueling is ever an issue, a walboro pump will not drop in. The system is returnless and runs off a PWM controller.

      Search for FSI and TSI self study guides. It's pretty crazy stuff! Very different.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •