Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mu8 101

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '06, A3 2.0t, Sport
      02-11-2012 12:19 PM #106
      I keep thinking that the thread title sounds like a college course on conceit.

Smug 101
      Quote Originally Posted by MachnickiA3 View Post
      stick that in your "fleshy patch"

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      02-12-2012 08:41 PM #107
      722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      Link to my build: Audi A3 3.2 VR6 BT
      CleanAudi.com feature

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      02-12-2012 08:42 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSLC View Post
      Drew has looked at cleaning it up, but the sheer amount of work it would take to do that is just too much - there are literally (you guys know this) thousands of pages in there that would have to be gone through, and that's just not going to happen.
      I can clean it!
      722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      CleanAudi.com feature

Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      02-12-2012 09:04 PM #109
      none of them can compare to her:

5. Banner Advertiser tcardio@DublinVW's Avatar
      02-12-2012 10:06 PM #110
      I saw this thread locked on Friday and I said I'm done. I am glad that we now have our own thread. One that was created by a guy who has contributed so much to this forum. There are so many members I never " see" here anymore. Alot of the apathy and frustration has to do with a lack of communication on the administration side. I will say some have tested the waters and started a storm of controversy.. Some have moved on to other cars and lets face it, Audi is not giving us anything to be really excited about either. I can honestly say that when krazyboi posted this thread, alot of the old excitement returned and we started to be a family again. Let's respect the mods but in turn WE EXPECT the same in return. Post your whorage brothers be it skin or metal!

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      02-12-2012 10:16 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSquirrel View Post
      none of them can compare to her:

Well yeah, except for this:

Literally said out loud, to myself, "Oh. My. God." I love/hate that the European guys can rock stuff that we just can't do over here. I don't get how, but it works. I could never in a million years rock those wheels, but the just look soooo mint on that example. I don't know how they do it.

I got one for ya, Mitch:

(during picture)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      When i'm lookin' to get er to spread 'em I usually just throw copious amounts of alcohol at the situation.

7. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      02-12-2012 10:21 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by tcardio View Post
      Audi is not giving us anything to be really excited about either.
      Well, we may not get a hatch, but the new MQB based A3 is going to be a hell of a nice car.

Now, I don't want anyone's head to asplode, but I am actually strongly considering an A3 (8P, current gen) for my next car. I was going to hold on to my current GTI until the MQB A3 is out, but I had, though zero fault of my own, two accidents in the car this year, and I no longer trust it to last another couple of years without sucking cash out of my pocket, so I need something to tide me over.

I am looking at CPO cars, as I'm not planning on holding on to it for more than 18 months to 2 years, and I'd rather let someone else take the depreciation hit. I'll probably be looking at 2010 cars, given pricing. Premium Plus, 2.0T quattro. I'd like a Ti pack car if I can find one, but they kind of look few and far between.

So, some questions: Are there any material differences between 2010 and 2011 cars, other than the round "S-tronic" shift knob? Also, is that shift knob as easily retro-fittable as I would think it is? How about differences between 2010 and 2009 cars? The facelift was 2009, right?

Any advice for me?

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      02-12-2012 10:30 PM #113
      Audi is not giving us anything to be really excited about either.
      Am I the only one who feels like Audi more or less nailed it when they designed the A3? I'm not saying that there are no flaws with it. But from a design perspective, I feel like there isn't an ugly line on it. It may not be 100% ergonomically correct, but then we're all different shapes and sizes. But if you take a step back and look at it, it's just beautiful. I mean what do you have to do to make one of these look real sick? You lower it a bit and maybe change out the wheels. Even most of the original wheels, in my opinion, are pretty rockin'. That says a lot, I think. It was definitely love at first sight for me, but at the time I had NO IDEA what kind of car I was looking at. Just knew I had to have one. I really dig how the body line (you know the one right by the door handles) is straight, but slopes down ever so slightly to the front and connects the taillights to the headlights. It gives it a look like it's flying past you when it's parked. The black roof on the OpenSkye models was a real nice tip-of-the-hat to the enthusiast crowd, too. Like, "Yeah, we know you're gonna paint it black anyways, so here, we did it for you." Also other subtleties, like making an OEM part that deletes the front license plate ugliness.

Anyways, what I'm driving at is maybe they realize they nailed the A3 and they're just putting their feet up now for a while. They outdid themselves and they realize they can't beat that. Or it was just SO good that nothing new really intrigues us. Perhaps we've been desensitized.

:dope:
      When i'm lookin' to get er to spread 'em I usually just throw copious amounts of alcohol at the situation.

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      02-12-2012 10:33 PM #114
      Well, we may not get a hatch, but the new MQB based A3 is going to be a hell of a nice car.

Now, I don't want anyone's head to asplode, but I am actually strongly considering an A3 (8P, current gen) for my next car. I was going to hold on to my current GTI until the MQB A3 is out, but I had, though zero fault of my own, two accidents in the car this year, and I no longer trust it to last another couple of years without sucking cash out of my pocket, so I need something to tide me over.

I am looking at CPO cars, as I'm not planning on holding on to it for more than 18 months to 2 years, and I'd rather let someone else take the depreciation hit. I'll probably be looking at 2010 cars, given pricing. Premium Plus, 2.0T quattro. I'd like a Ti pack car if I can find one, but they kind of look few and far between.

So, some questions: Are there any material differences between 2010 and 2011 cars, other than the round "S-tronic" shift knob? Also, is that shift knob as easily retro-fittable as I would think it is? How about differences between 2010 and 2009 cars? The facelift was 2009, right?

Any advice for me?

-Tim
      The facelift was mid-'09 production year iirc. I recommend to anyone to get a TDI. Even though I don't have one. They hold their value, which sucks up front but if you're trying to flip it fairly shortly, that might be something that could help you out. I haven't heard much trash talk about them. 2010-'11 is kind of beyond my realm of expertise. It's been hard to keep up with all the small year-to-year changes on the newer stuff. hth.

Vehicles
      2010 Subaru WRX, RIP '06 A3 3.2Q
      02-12-2012 10:44 PM #115

Hello all. I just don't know anymore...
      www.mbellack.com
      Audi's without Quattro are just Volkswagen's

Vehicles
      2010 Subaru WRX, RIP '06 A3 3.2Q
      02-12-2012 10:46 PM #116
      R.I.P to "The new and improved LOL Bump Thread"

53 Pages
      1,821 Replies
      0 people care.
      www.mbellack.com
      Audi's without Quattro are just Volkswagen's

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      02-12-2012 10:49 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by abadidol View Post

53 Pages
      1,821 Replies
      0 people care.
      LMAO

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      02-12-2012 11:18 PM #118

53 Pages
      1,821 Replies
      0 people care.
      CleanAudi.com feature

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      02-12-2012 11:33 PM #119

Any advice for me?

-Tim
      It's pretty hard to go wrong with the TSI, and with Quattro it would be even better. If you can find a Ti package car then you would basically have my dream car. If the right car came along with the above three criteria, I'd be reaaalllly tempted to sell my car and buy it. Facelift was 2009, basically. The shift knob is easy in a sense, but can require a permanent modification to the car, or at least one that's not very easy to undo. It also can have a high risk of devastating failure. There are a few threads around here on installing the new style shift knob and what to do when you break the plastic rod. I guess we'd be seeing more of you around here if you get an A3, huh? If that's the case, you'll end up bringing back the OG thread yourself once we get you fully converted

15. 02-13-2012 12:39 AM #120
      i thought this got locked??

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      02-13-2012 12:41 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by TechnikSLR View Post
      i thought this got locked??
      We ransomed it with the new and improved lol bump thread.

Vehicles
      2008/Audi/A3 2.0T
      02-13-2012 01:34 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob Cote View Post
      Am I the only one who feels like Audi more or less nailed it when they designed the A3? I'm not saying that there are no flaws with it. But from a design perspective, I feel like there isn't an ugly line on it. It may not be 100% ergonomically correct, but then we're all different shapes and sizes. But if you take a step back and look at it, it's just beautiful. I mean what do you have to do to make one of these look real sick? You lower it a bit and maybe change out the wheels. Even most of the original wheels, in my opinion, are pretty rockin'. That says a lot, I think. It was definitely love at first sight for me, but at the time I had NO IDEA what kind of car I was looking at. Just knew I had to have one. I really dig how the body line (you know the one right by the door handles) is straight, but slopes down ever so slightly to the front and connects the taillights to the headlights. It gives it a look like it's flying past you when it's parked. The black roof on the OpenSkye models was a real nice tip-of-the-hat to the enthusiast crowd, too. Like, "Yeah, we know you're gonna paint it black anyways, so here, we did it for you." Also other subtleties, like making an OEM part that deletes the front license plate ugliness.
      couldn't have said it better myself, completely agree with you. a few years ago, if someone were to ask me realistically speaking, if i could have any car for an everyday-er, hands down id say the A3, i love everything about it, every time i see my car i get a nice warm feeling inside and a smile on my face. these cars are beautiful and unique, and whats even better is you rarely see them, so when i do see another A3 on the road it excites me, as i get to see what my car looks like on the road
      2008 Lava Grey Audi A3 2.0T FWD: Euro Spec. LED Tails | Stage 1 APR | Front Grill LED Rings | Bilstein Sport Shocks + Struts | Neuspeed Springs

Vehicles
      00 Golf GLS 06 A3
      02-13-2012 11:27 AM #123
      I saw this thread locked on Friday and I said I'm done. I am glad that we now have our own thread. One that was created by a guy who has contributed so much to this forum. There are so many members I never " see" here anymore. Alot of the apathy and frustration has to do with a lack of communication on the administration side. I will say some have tested the waters and started a storm of controversy.. Some have moved on to other cars and lets face it, Audi is not giving us anything to be really excited about either. I can honestly say that when krazyboi posted this thread, alot of the old excitement returned and we started to be a family again. Let's respect the mods but in turn WE EXPECT the same in return. Post your whorage brothers be it skin or metal!
      I posted, then deleted my post...didnt want to hurt any ones feelings....

About the occasional nip or pink.......

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      02-13-2012 11:34 AM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by krazyboi View Post
      idk how I'm just seeing this, but bleh

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      02-13-2012 11:55 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by cldub View Post
      idk how I'm just seeing this, but bleh
      Yea, it was more for the video then the car. What's funny is that its not even sponsored by DC Shoes so I don't know why you would do that to your car.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
      CleanAudi.com feature

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      02-13-2012 12:01 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by krazyboi View Post
      Yea, it was more for the video then the car. What's funny is that its not even sponsored by DC Shoes so I don't know why you would do that to your car.

Fail hahah

Vehicles
      2003 Silverstone GTI 1.8t(Gone), 2006 Brilliant Red Audi A3 3.2Q
      02-13-2012 12:12 PM #127
      I like the paint of the car minus all the DC stuff.
      Mods:Unitronics Stage 1+ | UM DSG Tune | Magnaflow Catback | HPA SHS Coilovers | MODSHACK VTDA intake
      VRSociety #172

Quote Originally Posted by Boost112 View Post
      Interests:Food being shoved in hot chicks faces.... and other stuff....

Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      02-13-2012 12:19 PM #128
      more

boobies

please

24. 02-13-2012 12:29 PM #129
      The facelift was 2009, right?
      Yup

I'd like a Ti pack car if I can find one, but they kind of look few and far between.
      Super rare. Even rarer on the 2nd hand CPO market.

Are there any material differences between 2010 and 2011 cars, other than the round "S-tronic" shift knob? How about differences between 2010 and 2009 cars?
      Side view mirrors were trimmed down in 2010. 09's are terrible. Small exterior trim pieces on exterior door handles I think.

Also, is that shift knob as easily retro-fittable as I would think it is?
      There was a good write up in the LoLBump thread I think. Sorry couldn't resist. Short story is that is can be retrofitted with some minor macgyver skills. But its not plug / play.

You're not alone in looking at the A3 and in good company I'd say. Seems the RS3 drew up sufficient interest in this car and I'd be curious to see final 2011 & 2012 sales figures in the USA. Its always confused me that Audi releases the RS at or near the end of the cycle for a platform. The current car is still a winner overall and I'd love to get one custom ordered 2012 Ti. Just not a material difference between the versions in terms of power output and finish to justify the depreciation hit twice on the same car on the same platform. Now if the RS3 were sold here..... Different situation.

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      02-13-2012 01:16 PM #130
      There was a good write up in the LoLBump thread I think. Sorry couldn't resist. Short story is that is can be retrofitted with some minor macgyver skills. But its not plug / play.
      There was lots of good info in that thread...meshed with other goodies

CleanAudi.com feature

Vehicles
      07 A3 3.2
      02-13-2012 01:25 PM #131
      Am I the only one who feels like Audi more or less nailed it when they designed the A3?

:dope:
      Agree. The door trim/bump strips and all the seams down along the sill area look a little dated, but overall I am still digging on it. A3 2.0TFSI Quattro > Golf R in looks and very close performance (sans tune).
      A VR6 AWD w/ lots of goodies

27. 02-13-2012 02:10 PM #132
      Few interesting Ti on the Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT...3?LNX=SOCTWVDP (not quattro?)

Here is pretty much the perfect 2012:
      http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT...C?LNX=SOCTWVDP

It even has the black roof rails. This is seriously making me upset I love this car so much.

Someone please buy it.

28. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      02-13-2012 02:33 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by drew138 View Post
      Few interesting Ti on the Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT...3?LNX=SOCTWVDP (not quattro?)
      That one is quattro, as far as I can tell. It's perfect, and if it was a CPO I would be REALLY interested.

Here is pretty much the perfect 2012:
      http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT...C?LNX=SOCTWVDP

It even has the black roof rails. This is seriously making me upset I love this car so much.

Someone please buy it.
      Found that one too, and it's awesome. Out of my current price range, though.

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 2.0T A3
      02-13-2012 07:13 PM #134

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      02-14-2012 12:26 AM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by rawaudi View Post

Win!
      CleanAudi.com feature

Vehicles
      2012 A6
      02-14-2012 01:38 AM #136

2012 A6
      Need VAG-COM/VCDS PM me

Vehicles
      00 Golf GLS 06 A3
      02-14-2012 07:47 AM #137
      Happy Valentines day to the Bump crew ! ( Audi content)

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      02-14-2012 01:24 PM #138
      Busy today:

I exercised ABS on dry pavement last night after a good re-bleeding of the brakes. OH. MY. GOD.

Vehicles
      00 Golf GLS 06 A3
      02-14-2012 02:08 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Seki View Post

Snooki......lol...

Vehicles
      2007 A3 2.0T
      02-14-2012 02:31 PM #140
      Hi guys. Nice fancy new bump thread you've got yourselves. Anyone gonna buy a new RS5? Because I've had a boner since i saw it last wednesday at the Chicago Auto show and I'm trying to justify a $70k - $80k car lease...
      Quote Originally Posted by tp.wannabe.s3 View Post
      i lick that dirt off and then girgle it in my mouth then rub it all over my body

Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast