Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Mark 4 Airride Build...

Vehicles
      2.0 twin turbo 9 speed jetta
      05-11-2012 11:28 PM #316
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilliams83 View Post
      What did you get haha
      oh, i thought it was an insulting damn no sarcasm

i got the analog management, gotta keep those gauge pods to good use for now atleast...
      it should be here on wednesday and if my dad is up to helping me itll be i friday.

oh and another addition
      og kamei badge less

05-12-2012 12:32 AM #317
      Quote Originally Posted by jettaaddictionII View Post
      oh, i thought it was an insulting damn no sarcasm

i got the analog management, gotta keep those gauge pods to good use for now atleast...
      it should be here on wednesday and if my dad is up to helping me itll be i friday.

oh and another addition
      og kamei badge less
      Im pretty sure bagriders would supply them with the kit but make sure the ptc stems are in the kit to downside the vu4 to 1/4 before you tear the system apart. The vu4 is boss.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr
      Instagram: @twilliams83

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 12:34 AM #318
      Im pretty sure bagriders would supply them with the kit but make sure the ptc stems are in the kit to downside the vu4 to 1/4 before you tear the system apart. The vu4 is boss.
      yea, i selected the 1/4 for air line, i figure it will just be the easiest to work with since i already have it, and i will test and mock up before i start tearing apart, plus i need my dad for electrical

05-12-2012 12:41 AM #319
      yea, i selected the 1/4 for air line, i figure it will just be the easiest to work with since i already have it, and i will test and mock up before i start tearing apart, plus i need my dad for electrical
      yeah im running the vu4 with 1/4 inch line and i really like the speed.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 12:42 AM #320
      yeah im running the vu4 with 1/4 inch line and i really like the speed.
      oh yea, and im sure it will be quicker then the manual paddles i have which is cool.
      just got tired of all these leaks and the paddles, are such a pain. the gauges arent anymore

05-12-2012 12:47 AM #321
      oh yea, and im sure it will be quicker then the manual paddles i have which is cool.
      just got tired of all these leaks and the paddles, are such a pain. the gauges arent anymore
      Yeah i didn't have any leaks at my paddles because i heated them up and melted them on the barbs
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 12:49 AM #322
      Yeah i didn't have any leaks at my paddles because i heated them up and melted them on the barbs
      haha, well, no going back now, i just wish i started with analog from the start!

05-12-2012 12:59 AM #323
      haha, well, no going back now, i just wish i started with analog from the start!
      i kinda do to, but i feel like manual makes you learn and understand how air works alot more then analog so i feel like it was good for me. And i liked it for about a year haha
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 01:01 AM #324
      i kinda do to, but i feel like manual makes you learn and understand how air works alot more then analog so i feel like it was good for me. And i liked it for about a year haha
      oh yea, that makes sense! Did teach me how things work and whats involved in it too, and i am currently living with and im ready to ditch it

and then while im re-doing all the crap i can finish the trunk, its still all bare wood cause im lazy when it comes to **** you never see lol

05-12-2012 01:05 AM #325
      oh yea, that makes sense! Did teach me how things work and whats involved in it too, and i am currently living with and im ready to ditch it

and then while im re-doing all the crap i can finish the trunk, its still all bare wood cause im lazy when it comes to **** you never see lol
      haha yeah my trunk is wrapped nice from the top but the frame below is bare wood, i want to wrap it and have the carpet i just don't want to pull the frame out.

make sure to get a solid ground on the vu4
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-13-2012 09:13 PM #326
      crappy video i made, to make a comparison to went i put the analog manny in

05-13-2012 09:16 PM #327
      My manual management definitely wasn't that slow to fill, drop is about right, but the fill should be faster than the drop.

What pressure did you have the tank at?

Vehicles
      05-13-2012 09:22 PM #328
      Quote Originally Posted by Slamtastic View Post
      My manual management definitely wasn't that slow to fill, drop is about right, but the fill should be faster than the drop.

What pressure did you have the tank at?
      it usually is faster then that, i was just messing with it bfore

05-14-2012 01:58 PM #329
      I run my system with 3/8" line and 175-200psi in the tank just incase i need to quickly raise the car. Jumps up from aired out to full up in around 1 second....this is ridiculously slow. Good for accuracy i guess with analog lol.

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 08:31 PM #330
      ok guys, i have alot of questions hah

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 08:53 PM #331
      just got my analog management in today and of course, being a n00b i have quite a few questions.
      i dont do any electrical/wiring so all this is confusing looking to me, but im either you guys can help or my should know lol.
      any way, to the pics!
      new switchbox

now this is where some of my questions arrive
      this came with it and im about 90% that this goes from the uv4 controller to the switcbox posted above? right?

these, from the harness posted above, idk what these are, i assume maybe the black one is a ground but a second opinion would be appreciated!!

uv4 controller, these push to connects go straight from here to the bags correct?

the little picture thing in the box is pretty clear with this

the back of the uv4, ****ty pic but all you guys know it, is this like a dump?? doesnt seem like anything would go there

one of the two biggest questions i have, this came in the box with the uv4, now, with the other harness i have will make this un-needed i assume, because it uses the same plug type. but then on the on the diagram it shows a ground wire, which on the other harness i think is what the loose wires are for but idk100%

this is how i figuired it went. uv4, to harness, to switchbox.

and the last questions... where exactly to the gauge lines plug into??

or, if it looks like im missing something, lmk.

05-16-2012 09:56 PM #332
      just got my analog management in today and of course, being a n00b i have quite a few questions.
      i dont do any electrical/wiring so all this is confusing looking to me, but im either you guys can help or my should know lol.
      any way, to the pics!
      new switchbox

now this is where some of my questions arrive
      this came with it and im about 90% that this goes from the uv4 controller to the switcbox posted above? right?

these, from the harness posted above, idk what these are, i assume maybe the black one is a ground but a second opinion would be appreciated!!

uv4 controller, these push to connects go straight from here to the bags correct? yes they do, port 1 is front left bag, 2 is front right, 3 is rear left, and 4 is rear right.

the little picture thing in the box is pretty clear with this the left is where you will put your supply line, the right is your dump, there will be another one of each of these on the other side of the manifold. you only need to use one of the supply ports, but make sure to plug the other side if you do.

the back of the uv4, ****ty pic but all you guys know it, is this like a dump?? doesnt seem like anything would go there not dump, this is where digital gauge pressure sensors would screw in if you are running one.

one of the two biggest questions i have, this came in the box with the uv4, now, with the other harness i have will make this un-needed i assume, because it uses the same plug type. but then on the on the diagram it shows a ground wire, which on the other harness i think is what the loose wires are for but idk100% yes you wont use this harness, you will use the other harness supplied with the switch box, keep it though so if you switch to elevel or switch speed you have it

this is how i figuired it went. uv4, to harness, to switchbox. correct

and the last questions... where exactly to the gauge lines plug into?? if you were to run analog gauges you would tee each line and run an airline to each port on the back of the gauge. if you run a diggital gauge you can simply screw them into the designated ports.

or, if it looks like im missing something, lmk.

read the red
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 10:11 PM #333
      read the red

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI
      05-18-2012 01:52 AM #334
      I have the same setup.

The loose wires go as follows(this is how I did it, and it seems to be running)

The two black ones are grounds.
      The pink, grey, and blue wires would go into your distributer box. Otherwise you won't have power leading to your control box or manifold.
      Custom Slapchop

Vehicles
      lada 2101,rx7,bmw 318i,87 golf gt,93 1.8t two tone,01 flat blue mk4,02 gti 1.8t. 1JZ e21 in works
      05-18-2012 02:04 AM #335
      Quote Originally Posted by Miotke View Post
      I have the same setup.

The loose wires go as follows(this is how I did it, and it seems to be running)

The two black ones are grounds.
      The pink, grey, and blue wires would go into your distributer box. Otherwise you won't have power leading to your control box or manifold.
      just the pink for power, gray and blue are not used at all( they are for wireless remote option)
      Complete air ride installs,frame notching,welding, in north jersey.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rat4life/
      roll cages,race rally preps in upstate new york http://www.rktmotors.com/Gallery.html
      follow me on instagram RAT4LIFE

Vehicles
      lada 2101,rx7,bmw 318i,87 golf gt,93 1.8t two tone,01 flat blue mk4,02 gti 1.8t. 1JZ e21 in works
      05-18-2012 02:07 AM #336
      also if you run analog gauges, you have 4 of 1/4 npt to 1/8 pts fittings with the kit that replace allen( hex) plugs on the back side of the manifold.
      roll cages,race rally preps in upstate new york http://www.rktmotors.com/Gallery.html

05-18-2012 02:36 AM #337
      Quote Originally Posted by Rat4Life View Post
      also if you run analog gauges, you have 4 of 1/4 npt to 1/8 pts fittings with the kit that replace allen( hex) plugs on the back side of the manifold.
      I just figured this out myself.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-18-2012 09:57 AM #338
      Quote Originally Posted by Rat4Life View Post
      just the pink for power, gray and blue are not used at all( they are for wireless remote option)
      oh cool/. thanks !!

Vehicles
      05-20-2012 04:43 PM #339
      I appreciate those who responded and helped me get un-confused about this new management, and with that being said i got some(most) work done today!!
      Got it all mounted in the trunk (of course, not the prettiest but its sturdy and not going anywhere), the vu4 looks so nice i wish it was visible Got ALL new lines ran, just used a line going from the manny straight to the bags, no connections, i want the least chance for leaks which drive me crazy. Have to give my hat off to bagriders to making the electrical connections (switchbox 2 vu4) super simple. Hell, even i had no problem. Only reason its not hooked up yet beause i think im Amish. So basically its ready to go, going to my dads shop tomorrow so he can help me (do it) get the black ground and get power to it. And the hook up all the new lines.
      Any way on to pics, im really liking the feel of the switchbox, ready to get these paddles out (which i have a buyer for already )
      first thing i tackled was mounting the switchbox, pull the center out, drilled a hole and bam. perfect!

maybe stick a grommet in there to clean it up, no file

folds up perfect lol MONEY

using the same pod

new gauges, with 1/8 ptcs. easier to run

rut roh

thread sealed, man, what where they trying to prove when they tightened those hex plugs in there, whata bitch

so clean

simple as pie

only troops left

doing work on the floor/cover

Vehicles
      hoopty on air
      05-20-2012 04:57 PM #340
      Someone else chime in if I am wrong... but your water trap has to be pointed down to properly function. And yeah my trunk looks like a rats nest currently too. I feel your pain.
      Insert witty quote

Vehicles
      05-20-2012 05:00 PM #341
      Quote Originally Posted by Niagara_V_Dub View Post
      Someone else chime in if I am wrong... but your water trap has to be pointed down to properly function. And yeah my trunk looks like a rats nest currently too. I feel your pain.
      it has to be,but currently there isnt much room for it sit straight down,pic doesnt show but its as pointed down as it can be,and yea. but thats what covers are for hah

05-20-2012 06:52 PM #342
      it has to be,but currently there isnt much room for it sit straight down,pic doesnt show but its as pointed down as it can be,and yea. but thats what covers are for hah
      instead of running the trap there dean run it in between the tank and the manifold.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-20-2012 10:12 PM #343
      what where they trying to prove when they tightened those hex plugs in there, whata bitch [/B]
      every time i remove those plugs i say the same thing, i just dont get it what's the reason to do that, specially when they are NPT fittings and have tapered threads.

Vehicles
      05-21-2012 11:32 PM #344

05-22-2012 03:40 AM #345
      show off

haha
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      My Flickr

Vehicles
      05-22-2012 11:16 AM #346
      show off

haha
      haha, im not cool enough to show off!

but when i first aired up and my dads i was damn, it went up soo quick compared to the manual, so now i understand what all you guys where saying.

Vehicles
      05-23-2012 09:02 PM #347
      so far loving the new management and switchbox,the one button to lower all is just so cool to me, and its much much quicker. Im very glad i made the switch, id recommend this all day long,. and its even better being 100% leak free!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 12:30 PM #348
      worked on the trunk today.felt weird being at joann fabrics but it was worth it
      ordered a sticker for the tank so when that comes in the trunk will be complete in my eyes...
      couple pics, the reason why the cut isnt 100% perfect straight because the tank is on an angle

and the gauges mounted, no leaks

coming so far

05-24-2012 12:53 PM #349
      Glad you are super happy about the vu-4 manifold and switchbox. Good choice and pretty to upgrade to e-level if you ever want (i still think you might want to so i'm pushing it )

Glad to see the trunk looking a whole lot cleaner on top at least haha. Just have to ask why you put the tank in the direct middle of your trunk, now you can't use any part of it for hauling stuff

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 09:24 PM #350
      Quote Originally Posted by MechEngg View Post
      Glad you are super happy about the vu-4 manifold and switchbox. Good choice and pretty to upgrade to e-level if you ever want (i still think you might want to so i'm pushing it )

Glad to see the trunk looking a whole lot cleaner on top at least haha. Just have to ask why you put the tank in the direct middle of your trunk, now you can't use any part of it for hauling stuff
      Oh yea, i am in with it! And that is always possible i still will one of these days but so far there is nothing but good things with the analog and no reason to switch as of now.

The trunk is looking alot better, more then i expected lol. and the reason it is where it, just because of room in the spare wheel well,this was the best place for my set up, plus i can still use the trunk like normally.... but i rarely ever haul anything

and the new sticker was waiting when i arrived home from work

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast