Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 159

    Thread: Feeler: What would you guys pay for the R Recaros

    1. Member Alive By time's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2006
      Location
      North San Diego
      Posts
      4,965
      Vehicles
      12' CW 4DR Golf [R] (SOLD) 13' RB 4DR Golf R
      02-13-2012 03:54 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Peteski View Post
      Same as Golf R seat, just upholstered differently, well most likely utilizing little better quality materials to do so.


      -Peter
      peter when are you going to post pics and make a thread for your car!?
      Blue One

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2012
      Location
      richmond bc
      Posts
      404
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-13-2012 03:55 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
      the Autobahn GTI seats are the same as the R US seats, just with different logos. I would definitely go and sit in a seat like that before buying one. Mine was great for the track of course, not so much for driving around town and going to work, etc.
      Thanks. It would be a daily driver for me. I guess just being unique especiall 500 units only here in Canada with maybe a few with the recaro is what made me interested.

      What happens to the stock seats? Can it be sold? Are there takers? Sorry I am just excited. This would be my first car that I would purchase on my own. Trying to get all the info I can get.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 29th, 2000
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      932
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      02-13-2012 04:11 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Alive By time View Post
      peter when are you going to post pics and make a thread for your car!?
      Most likely when the car comes in, around end of March or early April.

      That will give me time to get more goods that will go on it once it arrives.



      -Peter

    4. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 1999
      Location
      An hour East of Lime Rock
      Posts
      1,755
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      02-15-2012 07:30 AM #54
      Forget these seats, I got a reply to my request for a lower GB price of $4000 shipped for 6+ sets.

      The $4700 shipped is the absolute lowest.

      Somebody else needs to take over the quest for a GB on these.

      I'm off on preliminary hunt for used TTs at not much more money than the seats.
      I've got one kid who will be driving later this year and another next year. I like the idea of putting them in AWD and a 2 seater so they can't pack a car full of teens and do the sh!t I did. OT of course but I'm wondering if there's a flash option on these VAG cars where you can limit the top speed to 70. Sort of the opposite of removing the top speed limiter?

    5. Member .:RTime's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2010
      Location
      Center Valley, PA
      Posts
      941
      Vehicles
      Dumped Out Golf R, 2004 BMP R32
      02-15-2012 09:07 AM #55
      i would be interested possibly if we get enough people but not till later in spring

    6. Member infiniteecho's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2009
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      3,229
      Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      02-15-2012 09:26 AM #56
      I've got these seats in my MKV R32. I can shed a little light on them if you'd like.

      First, I'm not a small person. I'm 6'4" and weigh in around 215-220. I have a *really* bad back problem. I have a locked joint and a pinched nerve in my lower back. This makes sitting for any period of time extremely painful. However, these are some of the only seats I can sit in for more than 30 min and feel no pain at all.

      A week after installing them I took the car for a 4 hour round trip drive to a friends house. I experienced almost no pain at all. The seats are supportive and firm in all the right places and soft in all the other right places. They blow the OEM US seats out of the water. Every single person that has sat in them has the same reaction: 'holy ****'

      Some pictures:

      When they arrived they were extremely tightly packed so the bolsters were wrinkled. They've loosed up a bit since.

      Unboxed:






      In the car:
      Behind:


      Side:


      Both seats:


      Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Koma has spent significant time in the seats too and can vouch for how comfortable they are too.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2003
      Posts
      570
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-15-2012 09:39 AM #57
      Those are so worth it, even at $4700.

    8. 02-15-2012 09:43 AM #58
      I imagine you've just made a lot of people jealous
      '12 Euro Golf R DSG
      Stage 2+ APR | BCS Downpipe | BCS 100cel Cat | EVOMS Intake | APR HPFP | OEM LED Tails | OEM Black Light Housings | OEM 19s | OEM Recaros

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2011
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      493
      Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf R
      02-15-2012 09:45 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      I've got these seats in my MKV R32. I can shed a little light on them if you'd like.

      First, I'm not a small person. I'm 6'4" and weigh in around 215-220. I have a *really* bad back problem. I have a locked joint and a pinched nerve in my lower back. This makes sitting for any period of time extremely painful. However, these are some of the only seats I can sit in for more than 30 min and feel no pain at all.

      A week after installing them I took the car for a 4 hour round trip drive to a friends house. I experienced almost no pain at all. The seats are supportive and firm in all the right places and soft in all the other right places. They blow the OEM US seats out of the water. Every single person that has sat in them has the same reaction: 'holy ****'

      Some pictures:

      When they arrived they were extremely tightly packed so the bolsters were wrinkled. They've loosed up a bit since.

      Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Koma has spent significant time in the seats too and can vouch for how comfortable they are too.
      Comfortable even though the padding is thinner than the top sport seats. Takes a bit to get adjusted to sitting nearly on the floor (they're adjustable but I didn't bother screwing around with them).

      I would not suggest for someone who might be "thicker." These seats are an average to athletic fit. If you have a 42"+ waist I'd say forget it. They're not super tight however. I'm 5'7" and 160lbs with a 32" waist and there was some wiggle room. The most perfect seats I've ever sat in were the Recaros in the RX-8 sport package (for someone my size at least).

      I would rock them if I had the money.

    10. Member infiniteecho's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2009
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      3,229
      Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      02-15-2012 09:56 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg90 View Post
      Those are so worth it, even at $4700.
      Pete got an excellent deal. I'd happily pay 4700 for a set if I had to do it over again.

      Quote Originally Posted by englebert View Post
      I imagine you've just made a lot of people jealous
      The seats in my car are one of the last things making people jealous. (notice 6MT shifter in an MKV R?)

      Quote Originally Posted by koma View Post
      Comfortable even though the padding is thinner than the top sport seats. Takes a bit to get adjusted to sitting nearly on the floor (they're adjustable but I didn't bother screwing around with them).

      I would not suggest for someone who might be "thicker." These seats are an average to athletic fit. If you have a 42"+ waist I'd say forget it. They're not super tight however. I'm 5'7" and 160lbs with a 32" waist and there was some wiggle room. The most perfect seats I've ever sat in were the Recaros in the RX-8 sport package (for someone my size at least).

      I would rock them if I had the money.
      This is a good point. I'm a 34 / 36 waist and they fit me about perfect. I'd say even at 38" you'd be pushing the comfortable limit of the seats.

    11. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 1999
      Location
      An hour East of Lime Rock
      Posts
      1,755
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      02-15-2012 10:10 AM #61
      great. just GREAT

      Now I want them again....

    12. Member cloors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2007
      Location
      BC
      Posts
      535
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      02-15-2012 10:54 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      The seats in my car are one of the last things making people jealous. (notice 6MT shifter in an MKV R?)
      I noticed this right away, and I am indeed jealous. If the mkV had come with manual I would have been all over it. That is a great looking car!

    13. Member pierovw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2011
      Posts
      645
      Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      02-15-2012 11:22 AM #63
      Damn those seats are amazing If I had the money I would most likely change them...

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2012
      Location
      richmond bc
      Posts
      404
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-15-2012 12:59 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by nasty_VW_habit View Post
      Forget these seats, I got a reply to my request for a lower GB price of $4000 shipped for 6+ sets.

      The $4700 shipped is the absolute lowest.

      Somebody else needs to take over the quest for a GB on these.

      I'm off on preliminary hunt for used TTs at not much more money than the seats.
      I've got one kid who will be driving later this year and another next year. I like the idea of putting them in AWD and a 2 seater so they can't pack a car full of teens and do the sh!t I did. OT of course but I'm wondering if there's a flash option on these VAG cars where you can limit the top speed to 70. Sort of the opposite of removing the top speed limiter?

      Lucky kids to be driving Audi as a teens. I am available for adoption.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2012
      Location
      richmond bc
      Posts
      404
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-15-2012 01:01 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by nasty_VW_habit View Post
      great. just GREAT

      Now I want them again....
      Maybe after all the fuss about the R by summer a group buy with $4000 will be granted. who knows?

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2003
      Posts
      570
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-15-2012 01:09 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by sup_lado View Post
      Maybe after all the fuss about the R by summer a group buy with $4000 will be granted. who knows?
      The Sportster CS w/ all leather is only $3600 for two, so $4700 must have a lot of profit built into it. The R badge can't cost much to put on there, and alcantara is cheaper than leather.

    17. Member GTI0811's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2007
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      279
      Vehicles
      2012 RB Golf R
      02-15-2012 02:26 PM #67
      These seats were awesome, I test drove the R in China and they gave so much support.
      I will for sure get them but probably wait till when GB $=4000 or so...

    18. Member pierovw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2011
      Posts
      645
      Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      02-17-2012 10:58 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg90 View Post
      The Recaro Sportster CS is the closest seat right? It's $3800 for two of those, and I like the alcantara on the VW seats better, which isn't available from Recaro.

      http://www.motorsportseats.com/recaro/sportster.html
      Aren't these seats the ones that TEFF has on his 586HP Golf R?? They sure look like the same ones

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2003
      Posts
      570
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-17-2012 11:31 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      Aren't these seats the ones that TEFF has on his 586HP Golf R?? They sure look like the same ones
      TEFF's have the R badge, I think they're the factory Recaros.

    20. Member pierovw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2011
      Posts
      645
      Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      02-17-2012 11:40 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg90 View Post
      TEFF's have the R badge, I think they're the factory Recaros.
      No they don't it says Recaro on the seats and not R, almost 100% sure has these, wondering how much he paid for them. Over here in the states they are around $1500 a piece.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2003
      Posts
      570
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-18-2012 08:17 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      No they don't it says Recaro on the seats and not R, almost 100% sure has these, wondering how much he paid for them. Over here in the states they are around $1500 a piece.
      Oh yeah, I got confused cause his stock seats had alcantara (and the R badge).

      later he posted that he bought the Recaro Sportster CS, the same ones I posted about. And he's putting 4 of them in the car.

      From page 1 of his thread:

      Last edited by Dawg90; 02-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.

    22. 02-18-2012 08:47 AM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg90 View Post
      Oh yeah, I got confused cause his stock seats had alcantara (and the R badge).

      later he posted that he bought the Recaro Sportster CS, the same ones I posted about. And he's putting 4 of them in the car.

      From page 1 of his thread:

      They are nice seats, and here in the UK easy to get fairly cheap as they are OEM upgrades in most hot hatches over here; Renault Sport Clio, Ford Focus RS, Mini Cooper S JCW etc.

      Would definitely recommend if you cannot stretch to the R's.
      '12 Euro Golf R DSG
      Stage 2+ APR | BCS Downpipe | BCS 100cel Cat | EVOMS Intake | APR HPFP | OEM LED Tails | OEM Black Light Housings | OEM 19s | OEM Recaros

    23. Member pierovw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2011
      Posts
      645
      Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      02-18-2012 09:50 AM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by englebert View Post
      They are nice seats, and here in the UK easy to get fairly cheap as they are OEM upgrades in most hot hatches over here; Renault Sport Clio, Ford Focus RS, Mini Cooper S JCW etc.

      Would definitely recommend if you cannot stretch to the R's.
      Thanks for the input, I think this is a more affordable solution to getting some Recaros in our R's maybe we should do a group buy of these

    24. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 1999
      Location
      An hour East of Lime Rock
      Posts
      1,755
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      02-18-2012 10:33 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      Thanks for the input, I think this is a more affordable solution to getting some Recaros in our R's maybe we should do a group buy of these
      If we go that route I already have a contact from previouslly buying some sparcos. I will have him run numbers on recaros and sparcos if you guys want.

      He was able to knock off quite a bit from the listed "retail" prices on a Pro2000 and Evo2 for me and that was just 2 seats I know he would hook us up



      Would need to see that red in person - maybe a match to TR R

      What about the seat belt recepticle though when going with these?
      Last edited by nasty_VW_habit; 02-18-2012 at 10:41 AM.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2012
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      229
      Vehicles
      CSG 4dr .:R
      02-18-2012 01:38 PM #75
      In "STi" land the US spec seats are utter crap which makes the spend somewhat justifiable. That really isn't the case for the GTI/R so I don't quite get why someone would go this route given the cost? Sure is baller though...

    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •