Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feeler: What would you guys pay for the R Recaros

1. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-11-2012 10:46 AM #36
      Are there any review comaprison between the stock seats and the Recaros?
      If there ain't much difference then save your stash...

Vehicles
      golf r; 337
      02-11-2012 11:28 AM #37
      4 grand would be a pretty sweet deal. i'll keep watching for any GB messages.

it's definitely a hefty price tag, but at least you can't curb a seat!

3. 02-11-2012 01:13 PM #38
      Ultimately i couldn't stand the idea of pulling up to another R with them in, which is a possibility in the UK! ATM there is one secondhand R for sale in the UK with Recaros in...they are seriously rare.
      '12 Euro Golf R DSG
      Stage 2+ APR | BCS Downpipe | BCS 100cel Cat | EVOMS Intake | APR HPFP | OEM LED Tails | OEM Black Light Housings | OEM 19s | OEM Recaros

4. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      02-13-2012 09:14 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by chase-R View Post
      I would be down for a set if the gb was no more than $4,000. .
      I think thats the magic number - question still remains can we get 6 buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speedvr6 View Post
      If you can get the OEM Recaro for the R to your door for the price posted above I think thats a pretty good deal.
      Would you be in for GB sometime in next few months?

Quote Originally Posted by MissUnderstood View Post
      Obviously money in no issue for you.
      It's an issue but my priorities are all screwed up My wife could've had her new kitchen but I always blow too much money modding my cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      but when someone puts up a legitimate offer to have them shipped to the US at a decent price, there are no takers.
      We don't have a decent price yet, $4700 is current GB offer

Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      no just in general. goodluck to the original poster, I'm sure you'll find some people with deep pockets that will want those gorgeous seats.

i'm just glad they didn't add them into the price of the US R.... Then it would really have been a $40,000 golf...
      I would have switched up my car that's all. Instead of 4 door Loaded I would've gone with 2 door base with those seats, making the difference less in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_lado View Post
      Thanks.. It's freaking awesome. I want one.. sign me up for GB...
      Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteski View Post
      Sorry I cannot share the source, as they are only dealing with bigger buyers not single unit purchases

and due to rules and regulations, I cannot setup a Group Buy for these either...

-Peter
      So that BLOWS.
      If you paid that price for one set maybe we get them down <$4000 for 6+ sets... no?
      (selling off OEM seats now makes it a $3000 purchase )

I called a large US based Recaro Retailer who said they can't even special order the seats shown in the OEM section of Recaros US website.

I'd like to start list in the OP of who would be down for a pair sometime this Spring at $4000 shipped to your local airport.

LMK

5. Banned
      Vehicles
      72 TR-6, 78 911SC, 84 Vanagon Wesfalia, 06 Colorado, 00 Mk4 GTI w/R on order
      02-13-2012 09:51 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by nasty_VW_habit View Post
      .....I called a large US based Recaro Retailer who said they can't even special order the seats shown in the OEM section of Recaros US website.....
      As with many company's websites, they are just advertizing who their OEM customers are, and not intended to be items for sale. I am sure VW requires that Recaro not sell the same seat as "aftermarket".

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      02-13-2012 11:35 AM #41

So that BLOWS.
      If you paid that price for one set maybe we get them down <$4000 for 6+ sets... no?
      (selling off OEM seats now makes it a $3000 purchase )

I called a large US based Recaro Retailer who said they can't even special order the seats shown in the OEM section of Recaros US website.

I'd like to start list in the OP of who would be down for a pair sometime this Spring at $4000 shipped to your local airport.

LMK
      Actually that is the price that VW is paying plus 5% that I get. That is the lowest you will find on these unless you work for Recaro Germany.

No matter how you look at it they are about 2700 Euro plus shipping and duty taxes. Thats cost on them.

Peter
      // OEM Recaros // RNS-510 // RVC // RLS // OPS // OEM Auto-Dimming Auto-Folding Exterior Mirrors // OEM Homelink // OEM LED Tails // OEM Golf R Black Headlights // OEM Door puddle lights // OKADA Plasma Coils // APR Stage 3 // 034M Catch Can
      RNS-510 Guru // VWNavi.com // Instagram: PeterDNA

7. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      02-13-2012 11:56 AM #42
      Actually that is the price that VW is paying plus 5% that I get. That is the lowest you will find on these unless you work for Recaro Germany.

No matter how you look at it they are about 2700 Euro plus shipping and duty taxes. Thats cost on them.

Peter
      Peter thanks for clarifying. Please post up pics when you get yours installed, or better yet link to you Install RECAROS topic

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-13-2012 12:08 PM #43
      The Recaro Sportster CS is the closest seat right? It's $3800 for two of those, and I like the alcantara on the VW seats better, which isn't available from Recaro.

http://www.motorsportseats.com/recaro/sportster.html

9. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-13-2012 02:10 PM #44
      I would be down for a group buy come spring time. If only VW would announce the rate here in Canada already. What are your rates there down in the States?

The seats are nice and it is more better looking than the stock but what about the comfort? Is it worth the money?

Vehicles
      '12 VW Golf R, '01 Audi A4, '07 Duramax
      02-13-2012 02:29 PM #45
      I wish I could source RS3 buckets for cheap...

2001 Audi A4 QM 1.8T | Under Construction...
      2007 Chevy Duramax | BT Dieselworks 1000+rwtq
      2012 VW Golf R | Mini-Avant

Vehicles
      '11 A3 2.0T Quattro K04
      02-13-2012 02:29 PM #46
      The seats are nice and it is more better looking than the stock but what about the comfort? Is it worth the money?
      typically, the more aggressive a seat is, the more uncomfortable it can become - a lot of it depends on your body size and your personal preferences. I had a Sparco Sport seat (similar to Lambo and R8 OEM seats - so nothing too crazy), and after a while, the high bolsters and lack of lumbar support made me get rid of it. Other guys can ride in tight JDM Bride seats all day long with no issues, so it really all depends.
      SOLD: '11 UG GTI 4DR 6MT Autobahn: APR Stage 2+, AWE DP, S3 IC and SS, Carbonio Stg 1+2, R Tinted LED Tails, R Grille, 18x8.5 VMR V708s, 17" TR Motorsports, Stoptech ST40 328mm BBK, Eibach 26mm FSB, H&R 24mm RSB, DG Springs/// Past notable rides: '08 STI, '08 335xi, '05 C6 Z51, '04 STi, '01 911 C4, '06 Evo IX MR, '06 DSG GTI, '03 WRX, '95 MKIV Supra TT, '06 CBR600RR

12. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-13-2012 03:49 PM #47
      The Lancer Evolution has basically the same Recaros, you might try sitting in one.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-13-2012 04:30 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
      typically, the more aggressive a seat is, the more uncomfortable it can become - a lot of it depends on your body size and your personal preferences. I had a Sparco Sport seat (similar to Lambo and R8 OEM seats - so nothing too crazy), and after a while, the high bolsters and lack of lumbar support made me get rid of it. Other guys can ride in tight JDM Bride seats all day long with no issues, so it really all depends.

Thanks. I hope I can seat in one so I can get how it feels like. Does the R just have the same seat as GTI?

Vehicles
      '11 A3 2.0T Quattro K04
      02-13-2012 04:36 PM #49
      Thanks. I hope I can seat in one so I can get how it feels like. Does the R just have the same seat as GTI?
      the Autobahn GTI seats are the same as the R US seats, just with different logos. I would definitely go and sit in a seat like that before buying one. Mine was great for the track of course, not so much for driving around town and going to work, etc.
      SOLD: '11 UG GTI 4DR 6MT Autobahn: APR Stage 2+, AWE DP, S3 IC and SS, Carbonio Stg 1+2, R Tinted LED Tails, R Grille, 18x8.5 VMR V708s, 17" TR Motorsports, Stoptech ST40 328mm BBK, Eibach 26mm FSB, H&R 24mm RSB, DG Springs/// Past notable rides: '08 STI, '08 335xi, '05 C6 Z51, '04 STi, '01 911 C4, '06 Evo IX MR, '06 DSG GTI, '03 WRX, '95 MKIV Supra TT, '06 CBR600RR

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      02-13-2012 04:40 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by ScratchRob13 View Post
      I wish I could source RS3 buckets for cheap...

Same as Golf R seat, just upholstered differently, well most likely utilizing little better quality materials to do so.

-Peter
      // OEM Recaros // RNS-510 // RVC // RLS // OPS // OEM Auto-Dimming Auto-Folding Exterior Mirrors // OEM Homelink // OEM LED Tails // OEM Golf R Black Headlights // OEM Door puddle lights // OKADA Plasma Coils // APR Stage 3 // 034M Catch Can

Vehicles
      12' CW 4DR Golf [R] (SOLD) 13' RB 4DR Golf R
      02-13-2012 04:54 PM #51
      Same as Golf R seat, just upholstered differently, well most likely utilizing little better quality materials to do so.

-Peter
      peter when are you going to post pics and make a thread for your car!?
      Blue One

17. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-13-2012 04:55 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
      the Autobahn GTI seats are the same as the R US seats, just with different logos. I would definitely go and sit in a seat like that before buying one. Mine was great for the track of course, not so much for driving around town and going to work, etc.
      Thanks. It would be a daily driver for me. I guess just being unique especiall 500 units only here in Canada with maybe a few with the recaro is what made me interested.

What happens to the stock seats? Can it be sold? Are there takers? Sorry I am just excited. This would be my first car that I would purchase on my own. Trying to get all the info I can get.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      02-13-2012 05:11 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Alive By time View Post
      peter when are you going to post pics and make a thread for your car!?
      Most likely when the car comes in, around end of March or early April.

That will give me time to get more goods that will go on it once it arrives.

-Peter

19. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      02-15-2012 08:30 AM #54
      Forget these seats, I got a reply to my request for a lower GB price of $4000 shipped for 6+ sets.

The $4700 shipped is the absolute lowest.

Somebody else needs to take over the quest for a GB on these.

I'm off on preliminary hunt for used TTs at not much more money than the seats.
      I've got one kid who will be driving later this year and another next year. I like the idea of putting them in AWD and a 2 seater so they can't pack a car full of teens and do the sh!t I did. OT of course but I'm wondering if there's a flash option on these VAG cars where you can limit the top speed to 70. Sort of the opposite of removing the top speed limiter?

Vehicles
      Dumped Out Golf R, 2004 BMP R32
      02-15-2012 10:07 AM #55
      i would be interested possibly if we get enough people but not till later in spring

Vehicles
      Jeep Wrangler, Golf R
      02-15-2012 10:26 AM #56
      I've got these seats in my MKV R32. I can shed a little light on them if you'd like.

First, I'm not a small person. I'm 6'4" and weigh in around 215-220. I have a *really* bad back problem. I have a locked joint and a pinched nerve in my lower back. This makes sitting for any period of time extremely painful. However, these are some of the only seats I can sit in for more than 30 min and feel no pain at all.

A week after installing them I took the car for a 4 hour round trip drive to a friends house. I experienced almost no pain at all. The seats are supportive and firm in all the right places and soft in all the other right places. They blow the OEM US seats out of the water. Every single person that has sat in them has the same reaction: 'holy ****'

Some pictures:

When they arrived they were extremely tightly packed so the bolsters were wrinkled. They've loosed up a bit since.

Unboxed:

In the car:
      Behind:

Side:

Both seats:

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Koma has spent significant time in the seats too and can vouch for how comfortable they are too.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-15-2012 10:39 AM #57
      Those are so worth it, even at $4700.

23. 02-15-2012 10:43 AM #58
      I imagine you've just made a lot of people jealous
      '12 Euro Golf R DSG
      Stage 2+ APR | BCS Downpipe | BCS 100cel Cat | EVOMS Intake | APR HPFP | OEM LED Tails | OEM Black Light Housings | OEM 19s | OEM Recaros

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf R
      02-15-2012 10:45 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      I've got these seats in my MKV R32. I can shed a little light on them if you'd like.

First, I'm not a small person. I'm 6'4" and weigh in around 215-220. I have a *really* bad back problem. I have a locked joint and a pinched nerve in my lower back. This makes sitting for any period of time extremely painful. However, these are some of the only seats I can sit in for more than 30 min and feel no pain at all.

A week after installing them I took the car for a 4 hour round trip drive to a friends house. I experienced almost no pain at all. The seats are supportive and firm in all the right places and soft in all the other right places. They blow the OEM US seats out of the water. Every single person that has sat in them has the same reaction: 'holy ****'

Some pictures:

When they arrived they were extremely tightly packed so the bolsters were wrinkled. They've loosed up a bit since.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Koma has spent significant time in the seats too and can vouch for how comfortable they are too.
      Comfortable even though the padding is thinner than the top sport seats. Takes a bit to get adjusted to sitting nearly on the floor (they're adjustable but I didn't bother screwing around with them).

I would not suggest for someone who might be "thicker." These seats are an average to athletic fit. If you have a 42"+ waist I'd say forget it. They're not super tight however. I'm 5'7" and 160lbs with a 32" waist and there was some wiggle room. The most perfect seats I've ever sat in were the Recaros in the RX-8 sport package (for someone my size at least).

I would rock them if I had the money.

Vehicles
      Jeep Wrangler, Golf R
      02-15-2012 10:56 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg90 View Post
      Those are so worth it, even at $4700.
      Pete got an excellent deal. I'd happily pay 4700 for a set if I had to do it over again.

Quote Originally Posted by englebert View Post
      I imagine you've just made a lot of people jealous
      The seats in my car are one of the last things making people jealous. (notice 6MT shifter in an MKV R?)

Quote Originally Posted by koma View Post
      Comfortable even though the padding is thinner than the top sport seats. Takes a bit to get adjusted to sitting nearly on the floor (they're adjustable but I didn't bother screwing around with them).

I would not suggest for someone who might be "thicker." These seats are an average to athletic fit. If you have a 42"+ waist I'd say forget it. They're not super tight however. I'm 5'7" and 160lbs with a 32" waist and there was some wiggle room. The most perfect seats I've ever sat in were the Recaros in the RX-8 sport package (for someone my size at least).

I would rock them if I had the money.
      This is a good point. I'm a 34 / 36 waist and they fit me about perfect. I'd say even at 38" you'd be pushing the comfortable limit of the seats.

26. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      02-15-2012 11:10 AM #61
      great. just GREAT

Now I want them again....

Vehicles
      Golf R
      02-15-2012 11:54 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      The seats in my car are one of the last things making people jealous. (notice 6MT shifter in an MKV R?)
      I noticed this right away, and I am indeed jealous. If the mkV had come with manual I would have been all over it. That is a great looking car!

Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      02-15-2012 12:22 PM #63
      Damn those seats are amazing If I had the money I would most likely change them...

29. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-15-2012 01:59 PM #64
      Forget these seats, I got a reply to my request for a lower GB price of $4000 shipped for 6+ sets.

The $4700 shipped is the absolute lowest.

Somebody else needs to take over the quest for a GB on these.

I'm off on preliminary hunt for used TTs at not much more money than the seats.
      I've got one kid who will be driving later this year and another next year. I like the idea of putting them in AWD and a 2 seater so they can't pack a car full of teens and do the sh!t I did. OT of course but I'm wondering if there's a flash option on these VAG cars where you can limit the top speed to 70. Sort of the opposite of removing the top speed limiter?

Lucky kids to be driving Audi as a teens. I am available for adoption.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      02-15-2012 02:01 PM #65
      great. just GREAT

Now I want them again....
      Maybe after all the fuss about the R by summer a group buy with $4000 will be granted. who knows?

31. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-15-2012 02:09 PM #66
      Maybe after all the fuss about the R by summer a group buy with $4000 will be granted. who knows?
      The Sportster CS w/ all leather is only $3600 for two, so $4700 must have a lot of profit built into it. The R badge can't cost much to put on there, and alcantara is cheaper than leather.

Vehicles
      2012 RB Golf R
      02-15-2012 03:26 PM #67
      These seats were awesome, I test drove the R in China and they gave so much support.
      I will for sure get them but probably wait till when GB $=4000 or so...

Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      02-17-2012 11:58 PM #68
      The Recaro Sportster CS is the closest seat right? It's $3800 for two of those, and I like the alcantara on the VW seats better, which isn't available from Recaro.

http://www.motorsportseats.com/recaro/sportster.html
      Aren't these seats the ones that TEFF has on his 586HP Golf R?? They sure look like the same ones

34. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 330i ZHP
      02-18-2012 12:31 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      Aren't these seats the ones that TEFF has on his 586HP Golf R?? They sure look like the same ones
      TEFF's have the R badge, I think they're the factory Recaros.

Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      02-18-2012 12:40 AM #70
      TEFF's have the R badge, I think they're the factory Recaros.
      No they don't it says Recaro on the seats and not R, almost 100% sure has these, wondering how much he paid for them. Over here in the states they are around $1500 a piece.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast