BMP .:R32 Supercharged , '13 CC (POS)
      05-14-2012 04:54 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
      We have seen the odd faltering project lately,:

Vehicles
      Euro 2001 MKIV 2.8 V6 4motion (5 door) - HGP Turbo
      05-14-2012 05:33 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by BOUDAH View Post
      Not yours Just a general comment. Keep up the good work!
      HGP-T 450PS, Unibrace, 225/40/18 AD08s, OZ Ultraleggera, Light BBK F&R, Recaro Interior, .:R extras, MFD Navi, Phatbox, JCaps, Neuspeed, PSS9s, H2Sport Stage 3, DLI-Teknik, GC links, bHPP, etc...

Vehicles
      2011 FORD .:Raptor
      05-15-2012 03:11 AM #143
      *R32 1518*, biggest head ever to fit in a GOLF!
      Congrats, turd burglar.

Vehicles
      MK4 S/C R32, MK1 Phaeton V8, MK6 TDI Jetta...Totaled
      05-15-2012 04:33 AM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
      Not yours Just a general comment. Keep up the good work!

Every day takes you one step closer to this.........

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-final-fantasy....

Stage 7= VF, HPA= V7-ysi, A/W Intake, Dual Jet Water/Meth, UM E-85 Flex 870cc, ProMAF, 268 Cams, SS Header, SS Mid pipe, Custom intake, Brisk plugs, Lambo flapper

Vehicles
      '09 CC VR6 / '05 E320 CDI / '87 GTI VRT
      05-15-2012 08:31 AM #145
      ^Where you get that emblem? Looks OEM

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 08:59 AM #146
      Well the build starts tonight.Garage space aquired and moving the car there this evening after work My truck needed both Manifolds replaced along with both front Calipers and the trans flushed. Thats going to be a hefty bill, but life goes on.

I mocked up the Charger on the mounting bracket. VF didnt include the idler pulley for the S/C bracket so im on a hunt to find one me self. This may bring up some good opurtunities to mod the bracket to accept a alrger pulley.
      Last edited by BOUDAH; 05-15-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 01:15 PM #147
      Well the build starts tonight.Garage space aquired and moving the car there this evening after work My truck needed both Manifolds replaced along with both front Calipers and the trans flushed. Thats going to be a hefty bill, but life goes on.

I mocked up the Charger on the mounting bracket. VF didnt include the idler pulley for the S/C bracket so im on a hunt to find one me self. This may bring up some good opurtunities to mod the bracket to accept a alrger pulley.
      Awsome, can't wait to see this thing done! Looks like I'll be joining you sooner than I though thanks to Bill

Vehicles
      2004 R32
      05-15-2012 02:20 PM #148

I bet your excited to finally tear into this build! Congradulations. Take plenty of progress pictures. Let me know if you need me to snap pics of anything under my hood. I will do what I can to help you in that regard.

Those damn Ford V8/V10 manifolds are trash. Pretty much all of them need to be replaced. Had a 2001 F250SD V10 with 40K miles on it that needed them done!
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

John

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 02:35 PM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
      I bet your excited to finally tear into this build! Congradulations. Take plenty of progress pictures. Let me know if you need me to snap pics of anything under my hood. I will do what I can to help you in that regard.

Those damn Ford V8/V10 manifolds are trash. Pretty much all of them need to be replaced. Had a 2001 F250SD V10 with 40K miles on it that needed them done!
      Thanks, ill take u up on that, lol VF is helping me out big time with the aprts i need as well. Anywho, i have an 02 with 80k on it. It was a new england truck so it deff had Rust galore.
      Also, i need a good Tourque wrench as i dont have one. I have been looking on the Snap On crafftsman and MAC tools site but undecided which i wanna go with. nothing in the motor seems to be more than 100 NM, so i think tht could be a good range

CSpense, i take it you are purchaing the V9?
      Last edited by BOUDAH; 05-15-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 02:55 PM #150
      As of now you been running CAMs with UM software and that Comp Contoller?
      What does the car dyno n/a? And what will you dyno after the boost?
      Congrats, turd burglar.

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 03:14 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by rajuncajun37 View Post
      As of now you been running CAMs with UM software and that Comp Contoller?
      What does the car dyno n/a? And what will you dyno after the boost?
      OEM controller with 159k on it its a POS though, or atleast the diff, lucky got me a 2nd one.

i have no idea what it dynos at, cant be close to josh as i dont have the headers isntalled yet.
      Ill say 240-250. My goal is 450 WHP with the E85 on the blower. Im in a heated debate weather or not to switch my Camshaft selection.

I have the ability to switch from the 272/272 w/ 11mm lift (stock) to a set of Stepped Cams

- left intake: 234ฐ/12.0mm (lift)
      - left exhaust: 222ฐ/11.5mm (lift)
      - right intake: 230ฐ/12.0mm
      - right exhaust: 226ฐ/11.5mm
      - intake: 1.8mm extra opening at TDC
      - exhaust: 1.2mm extra opening at TDC
      Last edited by BOUDAH; 05-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 07:13 PM #152
      Thanks, ill take u up on that, lol VF is helping me out big time with the aprts i need as well. Anywho, i have an 02 with 80k on it. It was a new england truck so it deff had Rust galore.
      Also, i need a good Tourque wrench as i dont have one. I have been looking on the Snap On crafftsman and MAC tools site but undecided which i wanna go with. nothing in the motor seems to be more than 100 NM, so i think tht could be a good range

CSpense, i take it you are purchaing the V9?
      Indeed....its no V2 but it'll do . I have a deposit down on it till I can come up with the rest of the loot in a few months. With all the stuff I dug out last night to sell, I may have it sooner than I was thinking...
      Last edited by Cspence; 05-15-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Vehicles
      04 VW .:R32 (RS with black roof)
      05-15-2012 09:06 PM #153
      YOOO BOUDAH!!!!! I was lookin through some of my older post and you said something about a MECHANICSBURG meet.. Where the hell have i been?!? Does that still go down?

Oh and get that Mofo charged up already!!!
      WE KNOW JOEY... U DRIVE AN R32
      -WAS I TALKING TO YOU?...

Vehicles
      2005 1.8t GLI+ // V8 Touareg T1
      05-15-2012 11:04 PM #154
      Can''t wait to see progress man!
      #FlossFilthy
      #Cliqve
      #Joosey
      ig: @zachca

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 12:04 AM #155
      DAY 1. I had to move all my Army **** from the storage unit i had while overseas to my apartment and then all the car **** to the garage where I'm building the R.

Here is the progress thus far, Will be slow but steady as i am using a few guides, a Bentley, Vortex and a few DIYs i dug up for better pictures. Because I bought a truck, that took 13000 out of this build money so I'm TIGHT on spending .

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 02:39 AM #156
      Do work son...

Stage 7= VF, HPA= V7-ysi, A/W Intake, Dual Jet Water/Meth, UM E-85 Flex 870cc, ProMAF, 268 Cams, SS Header, SS Mid pipe, Custom intake, Brisk plugs, Lambo flapper

17. Member
      Vehicles
      CW 98 Mustang GT (Gone) 2001 White beige appliance that says it's some magical island in the fog
      05-16-2012 09:58 AM #157
      Ellery are you working somewhere local? Sorry if I missed it posted somewhere. Let me know if u need any extra hands/tools/beer
      PSN: JAYDBPR
      Find me on MW3

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 10:27 AM #158
      Jay, Fredeick to answer your question.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      CW 98 Mustang GT (Gone) 2001 White beige appliance that says it's some magical island in the fog
      05-16-2012 12:10 PM #159
      That's cool. Offer still stands if you need an extra hand I'm here, don't hesitate to ask. Still have my cell?
      Find me on MW3

Vehicles
      05-16-2012 12:18 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by JayDBPR View Post
      That's cool. Offer still stands if you need an extra hand I'm here, don't hesitate to ask. Still have my cell?
      haha if u want to drive to frederick, feel free but its not nessesary. I have Drill this weekend so ill be up at Dix in Jersey at the range for requal. So no updates this weekend. Will be working my ass off tonignt though to get the car stripped down.

The plan for tonight is the following

-Flush Coolant
      -Flush washer fluid
      -Flush power Steering fluid
      - Remove intake manifold
      -remove subframe and power steering rack/ control arms
      -remove front Brake/ knuckle/ spindle assembly
      -remove axles
      remove battery/ batter box
      - dont forget to labeleverything i unplug/ remove haha

providing this can get done, i will go ahead and start removing the washer resivour, coolant overflow and maybe the exhaust manifolds.

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 01:43 AM #161
      I have a new found respect for Mechanics and enthusiasts I could really go for a beer right now.

Alright, Update. Either my Bentley CD took a Dump, or my Laptop decided to stop working. Either way i didn't wanna waste time so i continued the tear down. Spent about 6 hours on the car tonight and it was slow since i had to "figure out" how it all came apart, etc.

SO since i like pictures just as much as the next guy, here ya go.

Started by removing the rad support

Then i removed the Battery and base

So, i tried to unplug the sensors and instead i pulled out this entire thing. When you do that....

This happens..

Since i already spilled G12 and power steering fluid, i took a Trip to Wegmans to pickup some Kitty Litter and towels.

Removed the EXH mani heat shield and the belt tensioner, AUX Radiator, Hoses and stuff.

Then i removed a few more hoses/brackets, started removing the AC Condensor bits as well. ( deleting AC, Washer fluid.

Ill tear into the head on Monday. I have Drill this weekend and will be in CT Tomorrow.

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 03:49 AM #162
      ain't gonna lie, wish I was there to help.

Best I can do is send a friend or two over there if you need. I got friends stationed near most of you guys on the forum. Hope everything goes smooth. I see you've had some troubles in the past. I have too but each time something fails I improve it. And each time something gets replaced I try doing it myself. I have learned a lot from the R32 and I'm very interested in cars in general.

I meet plenty of automotive enthusiast.
      Some like lifted trucks. Jesse used to design rock crawler suspensions. All my family drive trucks.
      Some like bikes and cars. Zack loves kill'n his KLR. As we grow wise we buy fast CARs over bikes.
      Some prefer JDM. I don't care for it but we do share a certain interest in the import scene.
      Others think Domestics rule. Rear wheel drive with V8 engines. That's cool but at least drive the damn thing.
      Then you have the bagged crowd. Trucks or cars but bagged and laid out. Looks awesome, Louisiana won't have that.
      BUT, EURO Trash is here to last. Love me some imported Euro automotive perfection.

No matter what you like you gotta get in with both feet. You gotta get them hands dirty. You gotta smell and taste this obsession we all know and love. Build ya car, keep us posted and don't lose focus. You want a 500 hp AWD Golf? Well by God, YOU GONNA HAVE THAT 500 hp GOLF! Image a guy in a boosted Nissan or a Turd domestic V8 get'n raped by a mk IV GOLF. Everyone will try you, few will keep up. Cops won't even notice you pulling away from a yellow corvette. LoL

Sorry we didn't talk more at WITW. We go there with one thing in mind, DRIVING. Cars, cars, cars....right?
      But we end up cooking and drinking and talking and having fun. Either way it's always cool to see you.
      I guess we'll rely on the VORTEX to talk about cars.

Listen,
      I'm gonna leave a video here for You. It may motivate you. Half of America has already watched it; even though it came out 2 days ago. You probably seen it already..seen it TWICE. Either way, I'm leaving it HERE. Free of charge for all to enjoy. Now, the subject is not the R32. It's not even Volkswagen. It doesn't even include AWD cars. There ARE a few Euro's and they all geaux FAST. These guys are into DRIFT cars. I know, I know....I know what you thinking. NOT ANOTHER DRIFT'n VIDEO! Well, This one is different. Grab a chair and a cold beer. Sit down, relax. Clear ya mind. Watch the vid for what it is. Guys like us chasing the dream. Building their cars and learning along the way. Guys going for broke in a game we never win. It's cool, it's fun and it makes sense. After watching I don't feel the need to drift. But I do feel compelled to move forward with my Golf R32. Here it is, bra! MOTIVATION !! Enjoy.

Last edited by rajuncajun37; 05-17-2012 at 04:01 AM.
      Congrats, turd burglar.

05-17-2012 11:42 AM #163
      w/ 11mm lift (stock) to a set of Stepped Cams .....12.0mm (lift)

2 things-

11mm of lift is not stock. Yes, 11mm of lift is what TT and Schrick cams have.

Also, no way in hell I would run 12mm of lift on stock valve springs and retainers.

If you are bored, lots of fun stuff to read here- http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...y-rocker-ratio

If you aren't bored and already have your hands full as it appears.. bottom line, stick with the Schricks.
      -Josh
      Current- 06 Phaeton 4-seater 6.0 W12 | 04 VW R32 | 03 Gti 24v VR6 | 00 M Roadster | 12 Kia Soul 1.6 stick | 01 ZRX1200R | 03 KLX400R
      Past- too much too list.

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 12:37 PM #164
      Josh, it was an idea. I would need to redo the head. And need deeper valve reliefs on the. Pistons . I've decided to stay with the 272s. All in all I'm not blowing 3 + k on the head / new pistons.

I have found a company that makes supercharger pulleys to make A cog crank pulley . 100% 1 off design that could be added to their product line if more are interested . Also it's not ass rape for pricing either

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 01:18 PM #165
      get those new DOUBLE springs for ya valves
      Congrats, turd burglar.

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 01:44 PM #166
      If u buy them lol

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 02:03 PM #167
      pretty sure by November I'm gonna buy myself a set.
      What CAMs should I run? Looking to have a 2nd head cleaned up & polished here shortly. Wanna add the CAMs and those Springs then get a TUNE from JEFF. What injectors should I run? Want me to run a clean set of OEM or something bigger?

Hey, I need that gasket on the windshield washer reservoir. You pulled that pump out and the fluid leaked on the floor....what size is that gasket? 1", 1 1/8", 1 1/4", 1 1/2"? My car pisses every time I park, lol
      Congrats, turd burglar.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2012 03:29 PM #168
      haha if u want to drive to frederick, feel free but its not nessesary. I have Drill this weekend so ill be up at Dix in Jersey at the range for requal. So no updates this weekend. Will be working my ass off tonignt though to get the car stripped down.

The plan for tonight is the following

-Flush Coolant
      -Flush washer fluid
      -Flush power Steering fluid
      - Remove intake manifold
      -remove subframe and power steering rack/ control arms
      -remove front Brake/ knuckle/ spindle assembly
      -remove axles
      remove battery/ batter box
      - dont forget to labeleverything i unplug/ remove haha

providing this can get done, i will go ahead and start removing the washer resivour, coolant overflow and maybe the exhaust manifolds.
      LOL hey man, I'm recently single and now's the time to start catching up some of the things that I have been missing for the past 5 years...Like .:R 's lol. It would def have to be on the weekend though so looks like possibly next weekend I can swing by with a case of . We'll talk about it more when the time gets closer.
      Find me on MW3

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 03:49 PM #169
      Jay I'm single now too lol. Kevin , I'll measure it tomorrow am . Army got cancelled lol.

Vehicles
      05-18-2012 02:04 AM #170
      Ellery,

I just looked at the newest pics, you been workin son....

Enjoy the build, its a great amount of fun.

And you need to fix the bentley, I HATE the non-paper manual, wake up mr bentley....

Bill

Vehicles
      05-18-2012 04:35 PM #171
      So I have been in contact with a company to produce a Cog Crank Pulley for the build. I am sending my current 8 rib to them for reengineering and should expect it back within week. Im going with a 60 Tooth Crank and a 30 Tooth blower pulley. Bill was kind enough to explain and show me a blower conversion tool for the COGs... neat little tool.

I also received my DV from Forge today. Because my bentley still seems to be MIA, I am gonna try to pull the exhaust maifold, subframe and whatever else tonight

Vehicles
      04' R32 HPA EFR Turbo
      05-18-2012 07:44 PM #172
      I will be interested to see how the cog crank pulley setup progresses and works out. I'd like install this configuraiton too, but my main concern is the harmonic dampening though. Like, has this even been fully tested on a 3.2 VR6 engine? I know VF did it way back in the day with that stg4+ thing.

Vehicles
      05-18-2012 10:08 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by carma View Post
      I will be interested to see how the cog crank pulley setup progresses and works out. I'd like install this configuraiton too, but my main concern is the harmonic dampening though. Like, has this even been fully tested on a 3.2 VR6 engine? I know VF did it way back in the day with that stg4+ thing.
      Yes. Verdict motorsports had an aux drive kit for the 24 v. Like theirs. Mine will also be aux drive retaining the stock pulley

Vehicles
      05-19-2012 12:23 AM #174
      Made some more progress

Removed the accessory bracket, PS pump, AC compressor. Since my bentley took a dump ( gonna order a new one) I did some stuff i felt more comfortable with. I also removed the Subframe, Power Steering Rack, Control Arms and cleaned everything up. I removed the ****y old tie rods in prep for the brand new ones. Also removed the OEM EX Manifold and Downpipes.

I decided to delete the AC and the AUX Radiator and jeebus i have so much more space now haha

To remove the Subframe and PS Steering Rack, u need to..

REMOVE the bolt that secures the Steering Column to the Rack pinion gear

Then I removed the Tie Rods

Sway Links / Control Arms

I lowered the SubFrame a little and removed the banjo Bolts for the Power Steering In/Out
      URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/img1055b.jpg/][/URL]

Then out it came

Rear of the Motor

Here is a side by side of the OEM headers and the SuperSprint headers.

Hopefully Tomorrow I can get the head off, we will see
      Last edited by BOUDAH; 05-19-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Vehicles
      '04 R, '10 Jetta TDI
      05-19-2012 08:01 AM #175
      Made some more progress

Removed the accessory bracket, PS pump, AC compressor. Since my bentley took a dump ( gonna order a new one) I did some stuff i felt more comfortable with. I also removed the Subframe, Power Steering Rack, Control Arms and cleaned everything up. I removed the ****y old tie rods in prep for the brand new ones. Also removed the OEM EX Manifold and Downpipes.

I decided to delete the AC and the AUX Radiator and jeebus i have so much more space now haha

To remove the Subframe and PS Steering Rack, u need to..

REMOVE the bolt that secures the Steering Column to the Rack pinion gear

Then I removed the Tie Rods

Sway Links / Control Arms

I lowered the SubFrame a little and removed the banjo Bolts for the Power Steering In/Out
      URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/img1055b.jpg/][/URL]

Then out it came

Rear of the Motor

Here is a side by side of the OEM headers and the SuperSprint headers.

Hopefully Tomorrow I can get the head off, we will see
      30k a year without AC? Guess you have your truck.
      IATSE Local 52
      AASI lvl 3
      USASA lvl 1

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast