Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: audi 4.2 fsi full motor build.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      02-09-2012 05:10 PM #1
      Ok so been looking around and cant seem to find anyone that has done a full motor build or and company that offers a stroker kit. I know u can get 60-70whp out af fully built heads, but is it possible to make 400whp or close to it from a full engine build.

S4 or RS4 guys help me out thanks!

2. 04-15-2012 09:25 PM #2
      You may want to get in contact with APR about this or even audi. The 4.2 is good for a lot more then 4whp fully built but it could be very hard to find anything for it at they are still using that motor in GT2-3 class cars. But fully built i think even if you keep it at 4.2 and dont up the displacement you could see more then 400. The R8 4.2 makes 430 from everything i can find on it. So that should be your answer right there.

3. 04-17-2012 08:13 AM #3
      The R8/Rs4 engines are over 420-430 crank. You are talking different cams/intake/throttle body, not sure on the bottom end internals, fueling is different, etc. Increasing displacement is going to be harder due to the fact that is an alloy block and if you have to clearance it too much you will weaken it. I don't know how cost effective buying parts from audi will be. I'd consider the JHM supercharger, probably much cheaper way to over 400 crank hp.

Vehicles
      96 Jetta, 01 focus, 00 focus, 85 LTC, 11 CR-V
      05-09-2012 05:16 PM #4
      Just thought I would bump this and reply since I've talked to JHM about this.

I plan to get thier supercharger kit when it comes out and maybe have them build a motor. They think the motor is good for lots more power as well. I have a sneaking suspesion we will see a-lot more 500awhp S4's soon.