VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

my 1997 mk3 gti build

20K views 334 replies 60 participants last post by  David@vwvortex 
#1 ·
so in my quest to find the best mk3 gti left in existence, i searched for several years, messin about with corrado's, and such in the meantime...I bought a new candy white 98 mk3 gti when i lived in seattle, and unfortunatly, when a tech was servicing it, he wrecked it...car only had 2k miles on it when the tech crashed it...keep in mind that my car had 2k miles in 2002, when it got wrecked...needless to say i was a bit pissed:mad:

so fast forward a few years, and i had to have a sequoia green mk3 gti, with flawless original paint...clean rockers, etc etc, basically had to be perfect...well i found her in craigslist, 1400 miles away, i bought it sight unseen, shipped her here, and have been slowly gathering as many new oem pieces i can find for her, replacing what i can, reguardless of the current condition pieces, as many i have removed looked as new...my goal was to have her ready for show season this year, and i hope that it happens, but i have a lot of work still to do...on with the pics and progress...

first pic is right after i got her...

See less See more
#119 ·
If my fellow mk3 bretheren like the all black vw badges for the rear, i got 20 of them sent from germany last month.I was told that there now a obsolete item through vw, and these are indeed a vw part, made in austria, no aftermarket here.If anyone is interested in a badge ill just sell them for like 30 plus shipping.Here is the badge on my car.Im keeping 5 for myself:cool:

#121 ·
Man, I enjoy your enthusiasm for MK3's and I don't have any issues with you, but give it a rest. It's one thing if you are showing us the mods you have done to your car. But realistically every other post you have is telling everyone how clean you car is and why it should be on display by VWoA.

We see the car and it looks like anyone else's car that they "built". Its sequoia green, just about as common as black. I could throw a rock and hit a sequoia green mk3.

#137 ·
im pretty sure you and 99 percent of the users in here own mk3's as well, they must suck really bad, or we all have horrible taste:screwy:
I'm glad you felt the need to respond TWICE to my post. Good work champ!

Yes, we do own MK3's but we don't create hard-ons for them, we drive the piss out of em and enjoy them for what they are. They are not museum showpieces pal, so bring your thinking up a little bit, will ya? For that matter, get your head out of the toilet. And yes, I AM SERIOUS:wave:

p.s. I actually like your MK2 a LOT better

#167 ·
there isnt any other car in this world id give up my mk3 golf for...
spent my entire day off color sanding and polishing every single imperfection...I can now honestly say my paint is oem and flawless...
also removed the covers again, to dial in a little more camber...I cant fit it on my techs rack with the covers on, he says my car is to low, i said whats that mean.:cool:

hoping to make vwotg...although my smooth tops wont be here...
also got to get out of work:banghead:i work EVERY sunday:screwy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.