Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: my 1997 mk3 gti build

Vehicles
      92 ABA swapped GTI
      05-22-2012 07:28 PM #211
      Quote Originally Posted by ZACHER3tuning View Post
      I take nothing said here for anything.Lots of jealous, pricks...The mk3 gti IS the MOST loved car in the watercooled vag segment here, now.Notice how all the naysayers have either OWNED one, or is getting ready to BUY one, or is currently BUILDING one....

...even the mk2 guys are getting away from them, and into mk3's...
      I wouldn't exactly agree with you there. At any point in time you get a person with any generation dub/audi trying to trade into another generation dub/audi. It's mostly because people are bored of what they have, and not because the car is so phenomenal. If that was the case then the MK3 GTI would've flown off of the dealer lots, or at least kept most of their values throughout the years instead of being worth only a little more than a golf. KBB prices the GLX significantly higher than the VR GTI. Yes, enthusiasts will pay more than the typical person, but if every enthusiast coveted the MK3 GTI as much as you think we do then it would reflect in KBBs statistics and their pricing guide.

This is coming from a MK2 guy, but I do like MK3s. They make great parts cars. You can pick them up for dirt cheap, and since the MK3 is so porky just about anything you pull off of them is an upgraded for the lighter MK2. They make decent and cheap transportation too (as long as you're not considering unicorns like minty Driver Editions).

Nice car though. I do look forward to seeing it at one of the shows this year, but I must ask that you stop saying and implying that everyone has a hard on for your car. I don't particularly want to own a MK3 GTI, but I will say that I can appreciate any work you might put into yours.

Vehicles
      98 GlxT, 99 Gls, 04.5 BMP GLi
      05-22-2012 08:33 PM #212
      Talk is cheap. Let's see some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by backseatdelete View Post
      i had a girl fart on accident once while hitting the gaps going over a highway bridge. i was like WAH!! she was like and then i was like

Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      05-23-2012 03:39 AM #213
      Quote Originally Posted by phil123 View Post
      Seats and door cards?

I dont know where you are going to find a "mint enough" set...
      already purchased them from a car being parted in Surrey England,car was a colour concept, 1996,with 27k origi9nal miles...and yes its complete, door cards, seats,gaiter,etc.
      mint enough for me and my mk3.
      Geld und Macht bringt korruption!!!
      Von allen je gebauten volkswagens,steht man Kopf über den rest,den mk3 golf VR6

"stop telling lies about me, and ill stop telling the truth about you"...MD.
      WWW.1stVWparts.com

Vehicles
      '86 e30 s50+t
      05-23-2012 02:44 PM #214

Vehicles
      Scirocco 16v, A2 ABA, '03 Tyke Hauler GLS
      05-23-2012 02:55 PM #215
      Quote Originally Posted by carbide01 View Post
      For once, and JUST this once, I have to side with Zacher3. He has it correct. You are a bad grammar nazi.
      Quote Originally Posted by seadoo2006 View Post
      I think Scirocco owners are just a little dense in the head...
      I, uhh... well, ok.

Vehicles
      Scirocco 16v, A2 ABA, '03 Tyke Hauler GLS
      05-23-2012 03:09 PM #216
      (Sing to the tune of Me & Bobby Mcgee)

Busted flat in Parker, CO
      Waiting for a tow
      And I'm feelin near as faded as my paint.
      Zacher thumbed a carrier down
      Just before it rained
      It was full of mk3 GTIs

But OE's just another word for
      Nothin' getting built
      Nothin' don't mean nothin hon, if it ain't MINT
      And looking mint was easy lord, when the emblem's new
      And the salsa green is mint enough for me

mint enough for me and my mk3.
      Quote Originally Posted by seadoo2006 View Post
      I think Scirocco owners are just a little dense in the head...
      I, uhh... well, ok.

Vehicles
      MK3 GTi
      05-23-2012 06:41 PM #217
      As someone who has owned and loved only an MK3 since 1999 I want to chime in.

Quick backstory: I wanted an MK3 since about 1995 but was never able to afford one (they were expensive to a high school kid at that time) until I got a used 97 in 1999. I've been through hell with this car and I love it so much. I've wrecked it twice, wrecked many pieces on it by trying to save cash and do work myself. Still I'll keep this thing forever. I've put so much hard work and pride into it. Now at 31 years old having this car for about 13 years it gets a lot of attention these days. It looks pretty sick, and despite only being an 8v it has overall great performance for my personal liking. Every time I get gas someone comes up to me and wants to talk about it. I'm finally starting to see some good light on this project that I envisioned when I was 15.

But here is the point of me posting. Its just an MK3. Even when it was brand new, it was just an MK3 - middle class econo-hatch with some sporty potential. I love this thing, but after years of interest in VAG, I believe that pretty much all other VW models are superior in most categories, MK1 being the best. I think it looks pretty good, but its not even in the top two or three of GTi s in my opinion. And I wouldn't even put it in the same sentence as RS4s and Porsche or even wilder exotics.

This thread was amusing at first. But more and more I was actually starting to feel ASHAMED of loving my MK3. Zacher is giving MK3 owners who love or hate their cars a bad reputation all over this forum. His posts are fanatical and without any kind of factual content. There really is no way to prove what is the most loved VW and its absurd for him to just say these types of things like its fact because that's how he feels. Zacher keeps saying things like 'thats just your opinion' or 'i dont care about the haters opinions'. Dude, don't you realize that saying the MK3 is 'the best' in any category is something that is an opinion? Opinions can be argued, and if we all agree to that than go nuts. But they are not facts.

I feel like every time I talk to a VW person these day's I have to qualify my MK3 to them. "Oh yeah this is my MK3, its pretty nice, for an MK3". I mean, I don't want anyone to think I'm some fanatic who just thinks a personal preference is a hard fact.

Zacher. Dude you love your MK3. I can appreciate that. A lot. Keep that up and do whatever you want with it. But stop speaking for everyone else who likes MK3s. A lot of people hate MK3s for good reasons. Their popularity has to do with a lot of things, and, in my opinion, that popularity has a lot to do with affordability. Just accept that the way you feel is not how everyone else feels and you may not be able to understand why.

Also, you should put spaces after the end of each written sentence. It would make it easier for everyone to read and give you a little more clout.

My first rant on vwvortex, end.

05-23-2012 06:47 PM #218
      a mark 3, not an mark 3.
      2011 Golf TDI DSG | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

FS: Porsche Wintercults | MK3.5 Mirrors

Vehicles
      MK3 GTi
      05-23-2012 07:25 PM #219
      Heh. Yes you're right. But when pronouncing abbreviations with letters like h, m & n, you can use 'an'. I lived in UK/Europe for a few years. In my particular job communicating with proper Queen's English was critical. I have not been able to shake it since I moved back. If I had said 'Mark3' I would not have used 'an'.

Now back to the MK3 dogma, please.

05-23-2012 07:48 PM #220
      In my experience, its due to people thinking its "emkay" and not "mark", when if you were sayin an emkay 3 you would be correct using an, but incorrect in make vs emkay.

Mk3 is king!
      A2Resource |

Vehicles
      91 Geo Storm R Series, 88 Plymouth Horizon Hatch, Wagon Queen Family Truckster in metallic pea
      05-29-2012 12:33 PM #221
      Quote Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
      As someone who has owned and loved only an MK3 since 1999 I want to chime in.

Quick backstory: I wanted an MK3 since about 1995 but was never able to afford one (they were expensive to a high school kid at that time) until I got a used 97 in 1999. I've been through hell with this car and I love it so much. I've wrecked it twice, wrecked many pieces on it by trying to save cash and do work myself. Still I'll keep this thing forever. I've put so much hard work and pride into it. Now at 31 years old having this car for about 13 years it gets a lot of attention these days. It looks pretty sick, and despite only being an 8v it has overall great performance for my personal liking. Every time I get gas someone comes up to me and wants to talk about it. I'm finally starting to see some good light on this project that I envisioned when I was 15.

But here is the point of me posting. Its just an MK3. Even when it was brand new, it was just an MK3 - middle class econo-hatch with some sporty potential. I love this thing, but after years of interest in VAG, I believe that pretty much all other VW models are superior in most categories, MK1 being the best. I think it looks pretty good, but its not even in the top two or three of GTi s in my opinion. And I wouldn't even put it in the same sentence as RS4s and Porsche or even wilder exotics.

This thread was amusing at first. But more and more I was actually starting to feel ASHAMED of loving my MK3. Zacher is giving MK3 owners who love or hate their cars a bad reputation all over this forum. His posts are fanatical and without any kind of factual content. There really is no way to prove what is the most loved VW and its absurd for him to just say these types of things like its fact because that's how he feels. Zacher keeps saying things like 'thats just your opinion' or 'i dont care about the haters opinions'. Dude, don't you realize that saying the MK3 is 'the best' in any category is something that is an opinion? Opinions can be argued, and if we all agree to that than go nuts. But they are not facts.

I feel like every time I talk to a VW person these day's I have to qualify my MK3 to them. "Oh yeah this is my MK3, its pretty nice, for an MK3". I mean, I don't want anyone to think I'm some fanatic who just thinks a personal preference is a hard fact.

Zacher. Dude you love your MK3. I can appreciate that. A lot. Keep that up and do whatever you want with it. But stop speaking for everyone else who likes MK3s. A lot of people hate MK3s for good reasons. Their popularity has to do with a lot of things, and, in my opinion, that popularity has a lot to do with affordability. Just accept that the way you feel is not how everyone else feels and you may not be able to understand why.

Also, you should put spaces after the end of each written sentence. It would make it easier for everyone to read and give you a little more clout.

My first rant on vwvortex, end.
      Take his advise...PLEASE, because you are ignorant to everybody elses. He said it the nicest
      ~I love thunder red!!!~

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      05-29-2012 02:16 PM #222
      Call me crazy, but if I see see somebody driving a mk3, i typically wonder where they bus tables at.

05-29-2012 02:41 PM #223
      Quote Originally Posted by blazerpounds View Post
      Call me crazy, but if I see see somebody driving a mk3, i typically wonder where they bus tables at.

Really? You drive a MK4 1.8t, get off your high horse.
      A2Resource |

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-29-2012 02:50 PM #224
      Quote Originally Posted by phil123 View Post

Really? You drive a MK4 1.8t, get off your high horse.

LULZ at both of you....

*slowly walks away from mkII*

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      05-30-2012 12:02 AM #225
      Haha cute. The car may have been made ten years ago, but it doesn't break like it, and it sure doesn't look like it. And I can find just about any part I need at dealer. And it doesn't have the "old broken down VW" mantra associated with the body style.

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 01:28 AM #226
      hahah the vw that doesn't break and not a pos, is one already the mother f__king dumpster!

Pretty sure they have all paid my paychecks for the last 15yrs

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      05-30-2012 01:56 PM #227
      Well put sir!

Vehicles
      97 Jetta GLS/2004.5 GLI..RIP
      05-30-2012 05:10 PM #228
      Uhmmm..

Vehicles
      91 Geo Storm R Series, 88 Plymouth Horizon Hatch, Wagon Queen Family Truckster in metallic pea
      05-31-2012 08:55 PM #229
      Quote Originally Posted by jackyltardvaark View Post
      hahah the vw that doesn't break and not a pos, is one already the mother f__king dumpster!

Pretty sure they have all paid my paychecks for the last 15yrs
      LMFAO!!!!!
      ~I love thunder red!!!~

06-02-2012 10:22 PM #230
      anybody have a mk3 plate tub for sale (NEW IN BOX ONLY)? I heard ZACHER3TUNING will pay $400 for one.

Oh...and before I leave...

Last edited by Dmoneythegreat; 06-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by krazy eyez killa View Post
      Coming from the fact that you and ho-bro are from the stanceworks forums, there's not one inch of stance in any of these cars. both your ****'s weak, go back to the drawing board because your futile attempt in getting recognition failed miserably. go back to stanceworks and swing on mike burrough's sweaty nuts more. pussies.

Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      06-03-2012 05:41 PM #231
      WOW, your dumb

WWW.1stVWparts.com

06-03-2012 11:18 PM #232
      WOW, your dumb
      *You're

Coming from the fact that you and ho-bro are from the stanceworks forums, there's not one inch of stance in any of these cars. both your ****'s weak, go back to the drawing board because your futile attempt in getting recognition failed miserably. go back to stanceworks and swing on mike burrough's sweaty nuts more. pussies.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      06-04-2012 11:24 AM #233
      Bahahahahaha

24. 06-04-2012 06:52 PM #234
      Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneythegreat View Post
      anybody have a mk3 plate tub for sale (NEW IN BOX ONLY)? I heard ZACHER3TUNING will pay $400 for one.

Oh...and before I leave...

Epic.
      European Performance Products

PVW 5/11 Held It Down

25. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 Ginster GTI
      06-04-2012 10:32 PM #235
      LOL at this thread...actually.

26. Member
      06-05-2012 12:26 AM #236
      Reminds me of that show weird obsessions. This guy thought he was in a relationship with his car and kissed it and had gay sex with it. I think it was a green mk3 gti but I can't really remember.
      '00 s4 stg3 2.7t
      '01 a4 avant 1.8t
      '99 a4 avant 2.6
      '01 allroad 2.7t
      '76 jaguar xj6l

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      06-05-2012 08:51 AM #237
      Every mk3 zacher sees is a he

Vehicles
      06-05-2012 11:19 AM #238
      WOW, your dumb
      He's not dumb, he's funny...

"Your" Dumb....fix your vocab you moron.
      ~I love thunder red!!!~

Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      06-05-2012 06:05 PM #239
      Quote Originally Posted by golf3737 View Post

If you think he's funny, your simple.

WWW.1stVWparts.com

Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      06-05-2012 06:06 PM #240
      Quote Originally Posted by blazerpounds View Post
      Every mk3 zacher sees is a he
      this coming from a mk4 owner

WWW.1stVWparts.com

Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      06-05-2012 06:07 PM #241
      *You're

good to see you trolling as always

WWW.1stVWparts.com

06-05-2012 07:00 PM #242
      good to see you trolling as always
      You know I gotta **** with you

Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      06-05-2012 10:36 PM #243
      You know I gotta **** with you
      i could care less, and because of all the tools bumping my threads, i sourced 2 NEW in BOX rear plate tubs...so i should actually be thanking you guys

WWW.1stVWparts.com

Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      06-06-2012 12:37 AM #244
      Quote Originally Posted by golf3737 View Post

its also funny to see you are now looking at buying a mk3 gti, after all the talk you have done around here about how they are not that great

mk3 forever

WWW.1stVWparts.com

06-06-2012 01:16 AM #245
      i could care less, and because of all the tools bumping my threads, i sourced 2 NEW in BOX rear plate tubs...so i should actually be thanking you guys

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast