VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

4th Annual Scooter's GTG June 9th 2012 Milwaukee Wisconsin

17K views 227 replies 81 participants last post by  Juicebox409 
#1 · (Edited)
With the mild winter we have had this year, spring is on the mind. I thought it was time to start thinking ahead to the 2012 car show season. The Milwaukee(area) VW owners are happy to host the 4th annual Scooter's GTG happening June 9th-10th. Last year was a huge success with over 200 cars and 500 people(in the rain). This year looks to have another jump in attendance with the response from people who attended last year. We are currently working with numerous sponsors to keep this event free to attend as well as giving out a lot of free stuff in the process. The first 175 drivers will receive goody bags with free shirts and other swag. We are still in the planning phase and have a lot of individuals working together to make this GTG bigger, better, and cheaper than other shows.

The concept of this GTG is to be a laid back way to kick off the start of summer and the car show season. We are not trying to be your typical show with a registration format, parking lot venue, and awards. We want this to be a fun event with good people who all enjoy the same thing... nice cars. We encourage people to bring out any European car that they are proud of regardless of how it looks or preforms. If you are proud of it, bring it! Most of all this is a great way to meet and catch up with all the different VW owners in the Midwest. Please visit our webpagehttp://www.scootersgtg.webs.com for more information. There is also a registration page to let us know who you are, what car you are bringing, and how many people are coming with you. This is VERY helpful for us to get an accurate count on how many people we need to feed. Feel free to post up anything regarding last years GTG, pictures, or comments about the upcoming 2012 GTG.

Pics from last year:

From 2 years ago:

See less See more
#114 ·
It's gonna be AWESOME!! Can't wait. I'll try and keep the music diverse and bangin. I love playing for all you guys cuz no one ever complains about the music or makes requests. haha. 7 years strong now with this gigantic crew and not once has anyone made a request. I love it. Only one complaint and that was at the 3rd DIV when someone said it was too loud. I can accept that :) Oh and my ride goes for alignment thursday. Its all looking good homies!!!

#147 ·
#118 ·
Going to Scooter's looking for a part

Hey, I'm heading up for Scooter's and I'm pretty excited about my first time!!! I'm looking for a ABA V-belt pulley that bolts to the crank. If anyone has one let me know.

Also, I have a bunch of Corrado G60 parts for sale if anybody needs something I can bring it with me.

Thanks.

#120 ·
I live in oshkosh, I'll have to meet for that cruise, also is anyone gonna be there that can roll my fenders? my wheels and tires could use a little room with the coils, thanks! :beer:

#122 ·
Show shirts will be given away to the first 175 drivers that show up after 3pm. A few different color show shirts will be available in our raffle again this year. Lastly team Eurotrash will be there again this year selling their shirts, although I do not believe they made a special run shirt this year.

#136 ·
Got the motor apart on the monte carlo, so it looks like I'm going to have to take one of the VW's to scooters... :)

Monte will be ready for DIV though.. ;)

#146 ·
Miller Lite is on tap this year. We tried to get something unique like spotted cow or somthing else that isn't so basic but we couldn't get someone to come through on a good price or sponsorship of the beer. Miller was in the budget so we went with that. If anyone has an in with a beer guy we could really use that for next year!

#148 ·
Just a reminder for everyone that is going to Scooter's GTG this Saturday. Gates open @3pm. If at all possble try to arrive at 3pm. Please do not show up early, we do not have room for people to "line up" prior to 3. Vehicles that arrive early will not be able to line up ahead of time. We need to keep the roads around Scooter's house open to other traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.