Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 2007 Audi S4 Sedan 6MT 4.2L --- Central NJ

1. 02-12-2012 06:41 PM #1
      New and improved asking price! $30,000~ Still some wiggle room, make an offer.

It is with great disappointment that I must depart with my beloved 2007 Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect Audi S4 6MT. Due to career decisions and taking an engineering position with the "other" German automotive company (and getting a car to go along with it), my pride and joy is up for sale.

A little history:

The clear titled car was purchased in October of 2010 and now has approximately 52,000 miles on it (It's driven sparingly and so, won't change much). It came from the ritzy neighborhood of Fairfax, VA, most likely owned by an older gentleman (who else can afford a $55k car new?). It currently has a lien on it. I am the second owner of this car and it has not been tracked, smoked in nor has it been involved in any accidents, or had any body/paint work done. This S4 has a 1-1/4" hitch receiver installed at the rear which can be used for transporting bicycles or pulling a light trailer, etc. It can also be removed at buyer's request. Lojack is also equipped on this vehicle.

I am an extremely meticulous and scrupulous owner and serious enthusiast of the VW/Audi brand (I have two Corrado VR6s and a B6 Passat 4Mo to show for). I notice every detail about this car. It was purchased under warranty and to put it shortly, I utilized the coverage to its max, literally and just before expiration. This Audi has had an entire short block engine replacement (brand new, not refurbished, installed by certified Audi Master Technician, Mendham Audi) due to high oil consumption (seepage around cylinder lining) which is fully documented with supporting photos (I monitored the entire process, because i'm anal like that). The oil consumption has been known to occur in engines that were not broken in thoroughly or correctly. Suffice to say that after the replacement, the oil did not need to be topped off in the last 5,000 miles before its most recent change at 51,000 miles in comparison to the 1 qt. required per 800 miles previously. I have carefully broken the new engine in according to manufacturer recommendations and beyond the recommended duration. The engine has its own extended warranty, good until 2/23/12 or 58,187 miles. At the same time, I had the timing guides, tensioners, waterpump, clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, and flywheel replaced at my expense, as preventative maintenance. I intended to own this car for the long haul as a nice upgrade from the Corrado!

Additionally, the entire transmission was replaced shortly after the engine, in June of 2011 (Master Technician, Bell Audi), when a grinding sound was heard while turning sharp left (this was the dealer's recommendation, fine by me!). The transmission also carries an extended warranty good until 06/24/12 or 61,285 miles.

Please rest assured that this S4 example genuinely drives as new just as it should with a new engine and transmission. The car is very tight and solid with no rattles or creaks. Drive this thing and everything I've been saying will become irrelevant, seriously! All documentation regarding the performed services will be provided with the car, including the original owner's manual. Two original keys and the valet key will accompany. A Carfax report and Auto Check report from 10/2010 when I first purchased it will also be included.

How it comes:

This example comes with Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect exterior while the interior is wrapped in black leather and partial Alcantara seats that look great and grip better than the all-leather options, plus they don't get nearly as hot in the summer! Seat heaters are factory equipped for the winter seasons. The 18" factory spec wheels were wrapped in new Bridgestone Potenza RE760 performance tires on the day of delivery, and thus have just about 8,000 miles on them with plenty of life to go. Full size spare is included. It is equipped with the useful OEM navigation system (with instrument cluster display) and reads mp3s from SD memory cards. The headlights swivel to illuminate the road through the turns. The battery was replaced in 01/2011 with a genuine Audi replacement. As this S4 had just come off warranty, I assure you that I milked it, and everything is in perfect working order!

Cosmetically, this example is very clean and shows a few faint scratches here and there due to car washes and being driven over the years. It's quite excellent overall. Paint chips are nearly non-existent, particularly on the nose of the car, though the passenger side door-ding protective strip has 3-4 prominent chips as shown in the photo. Recently, a quarter sized ding was created just outside of the roof line of the car over the rear passenger door. It is not near any creases or body lines, so I believe it can be removed successfully if desired. See photos. Rims are in excellent condition as shown in photos. One wheel shows a thin line of marring, but no cracks, scrapes, or missing metal otherwise. The interior is flawless. No spills or sticky stuff anywhere to be found. The alcantara is plush and soft with no worn or faded sections. The factory carpeted mats are in good condition, though the driver side has additional wear from clutch activity

This car has been a pleasure to drive and I sincerely regret giving it up, especially given its excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition after putting it through the ringer with my local dealers. I spent a lot of time looking for a clean one as most of these S4's are daily driven (as they should be) and therefore exposed to the elements. You will be hard pressed to find a better example not artificially fluffed with Armor All and tire shine. This 4.2L V8 is like no other and revs authoritatively with locomotive like power delivery; guaranteed grin, every time. The Quattro system is brilliant in inclement weather and helps lay down all of the power in the dry. The 6 spd Manual Trans is very precise with recently replaced snub mount. Four doors, future baby seat duties, all-weather transportation, split-fold rear seats/ski pass, a versatile hitch, low-key mature styling and smokin' performance were why I picked this car.

What it needs:

Nothing! Engine oil changed at 51,000 miles. New engine came with new oil at 46,000. Coolant system was flushed when new engine installed. New trans oil came with new trans. Get my drift? Tires are about 8,000 miles old. Brake pads were obviously changed recently because they're thick as new and the car has 52,000 miles on it. Makes sense.

Selling terms:

I want to put this car into a good home. I believe I've painted a representative picture of this car and there will be no surprises when you come see it in person. Please examine the photos I've posted carefully. I will be more than happy to take additional specific photos at your request and answer any questions you might still have.

As I've noted at the very top, there is a lien on this car, and pending sale, the title will be obtained to complete the transaction though other arrangements can be made. New Jersey inspection is good through 12/12.

And finally, the car is located in the Watchung area of central NJ. I am looking to get $30,000 for the car in consideration of the above, though I am motivated and open to all serious offers. Please, no tire kickers or joy riders. I hate time wasters as much as I hate wasting other people's time. Test drives are at my discretion.

Please contact me via my craigslist posting using the craigslist "reply-to" link for fastest response.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2848211732.html

Full HiRes Gallery with 100+ pics is viewable at: https://picasaweb.google.com/116862488171290074968/2007AudiS4Sedan6MT

Thanks for your consideration,

-Tim

Last edited by teng3; 04-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Vehicles
      1995 urS6, 2005 A8L
      02-13-2012 12:13 AM #2
      Beautiful car and beautiful write up

Wish it were in my price range though

3. 02-13-2012 12:42 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Jan PL S6 View Post
      Beautiful car and beautiful write up

Wish it were in my price range though
      Thank you sir!

Don't cost nothing to make a bid! PM me if you're actually in the market for an S4. If things don't roll right, you'll already be on the list

4. 02-18-2012 12:03 AM #4
      Happy Friday! Weekend bump.

Vehicles
      04 GLI + 87 BMW 325e
      02-24-2012 05:51 PM #5
      Bump for an amazing car and write-up. One of the things I look for in a serious seller is someone that can properly speak and write the English language. A well-written post will get you pretty far. This isn't entirely in my price range either, but I'd love to pm you with an offer for the car.

6. 02-24-2012 07:20 PM #6
      Thanks for the bump! Please PM away.

7. 03-02-2012 11:08 PM #7
      Happy Friday~

Price adjustment, $30,000

8. 03-10-2012 12:48 PM #8
      Spring weather bump~!

9. 03-24-2012 02:06 PM #9
      bump!

10. 03-31-2012 01:11 PM #10
      weekend bump

11. Junior Member
      04-04-2012 03:47 PM #11
      bump for a nice S4

12. 04-25-2012 08:14 PM #12
      bump!

Vehicles
      08 AUDI RS4
      04-27-2012 10:56 AM #13
      If you lower the price to market value, send me a PM

14. 04-30-2012 10:13 PM #14
      Hi-

Do you have any interest in selling the hitch to your S4?

15. 05-03-2012 04:13 PM #16
      pm'd, email me back at jacx920@mac.com
      '03 20th GTI Black on Black

16. 05-10-2012 09:29 AM #17
      Bump for a VERY nice car that I have both Seen and Driven in person.
      I would highly recommend going to see the car and making an offer if you are local.

17. 07-07-2012 02:02 PM #18
      Bump for a meticulous seller and very nice S4.

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      07-09-2012 10:57 AM #19
      hi would love to see the car pm your address?

Vehicles
      4.2, 3.2, 3.4
      07-12-2012 05:35 PM #20
      Very nice car. Love the black suede/leather interior. Very subtle and nice.
      2007 Audi RS4 l 2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 l 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited