Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 390

    Thread: DC-Maryland-Virgina Golf r Check in HERE!

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 19th, 2011
      Location
      Fairfax, VA
      Posts
      161
      Vehicles
      CSG - 12 GOLF R, 03 GTI VR6 (SOLD)
      02-16-2012 05:07 PM #26
      Dan here from Fairfax.

      Patiently waiting for my R! Seem like an eternity. VW Vortex has been my crack for the last year. I can't stop checking out these threads!

      Ordered a CSG 4dr w/ nav back in July through Lindsay VW. I will definitely miss my VR6. She's turning 10 this October.
      APR Stage 1+ / APR HPFP / Forge TwinTake / Forge DV / H&R Sport Springs / H&R Spacers (rear) 15mm / OEM Beetle Turbo Mats / OEM Tinted LED Tails / Interior LEDs / Bold Sport R seat inserts / SunTek CXP 35% Tint / Thule Roof Rack (Aeroblades + 594XT Sidearm)


    2. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-16-2012 10:27 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by JDilla View Post
      Dan here from Fairfax.

      Patiently waiting for my R! Seem like an eternity. VW Vortex has been my crack for the last year. I can't stop checking out these threads!

      Ordered a CSG 4dr w/ nav back in July through Lindsay VW. I will definitely miss my VR6. She's turning 10 this October.
      Welcome Dan
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2011
      Location
      North Bethesda, MD USA
      Posts
      259
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Golf (Sold) | 2002 VW GTI (Sold) | 2007 VW GTI (traded) | 2012 VW Golf R
      02-16-2012 11:49 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R Driven View Post
      Little brother waiting on big boither
      Very cool photo...great composition.

    4. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-16-2012 11:59 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by JosephHatfield View Post
      Very cool photo...great composition.
      Thanks, Looks like I'll be seeing you around when your R gets here base on your location
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    5. 02-17-2012 06:20 PM #30
      Stopped in to Martens in DC last weekend to check on availability and have a look--their online database reported a blue 4 dr in stock. Turns out the car was sold, but found they expected a grey one in a couple of weeks, but it was spoken for. I agreed to put down a $500 refundable deposit and wait to see what happened. I'm in no rush. Turns out the grey R came in yesterday, and number 1 on the list doesnt like the color, so it's already my turn. I'll have a look and a test drive tomorrow. I'm trading an '09 335 convertible. (Hopefully close to a straight-up swap.) Want something smaller and lighter, awd, four doors. Wasn't actually aware of the R until a few weeks ago, but seems like it might be the ticket. S2000 and S4 preceded the Bimmer, and way back there is a Mark IV Jetta GLX. Always had a soft spot for vee-dubs after that car. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    6. Member RedLineNikiR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2009
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      1,746
      Vehicles
      12 TR .:R / 03 BMP 20th AE / 12 CW .:R
      02-17-2012 06:24 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Bumpjump View Post
      Stopped in to Martens in DC last weekend to check on availability and have a look--their online database reported a blue 4 dr in stock. Turns out the car was sold, but found they expected a grey one in a couple of weeks, but it was spoken for. I agreed to put down a $500 refundable deposit and wait to see what happened. I'm in no rush. Turns out the grey R came in yesterday, and number 1 on the list doesnt like the color, so it's already my turn. I'll have a look and a test drive tomorrow. I'm trading an '09 335 convertible. (Hopefully close to a straight-up swap.) Want something smaller and lighter, awd, four doors. Wasn't actually aware of the R until a few weeks ago, but seems like it might be the ticket. S2000 and S4 preceded the Bimmer, and way back there is a Mark IV Jetta GLX. Always had a soft spot for vee-dubs after that car. I'll let you know how it turns out.
      Talk about good luck, nice!

      I don't think you'll be disappointed!
      Female Driven



      Girls with Golf R's

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2011
      Location
      VIRGINIA
      Posts
      100
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      02-17-2012 11:38 PM #32
      was getting my mk5 Gti fixed at the dealer, and talking to the sales guy, says one is on it's way.
      picked up my car from service, 600 bucks for a fuel pump, ended up trading it in for the R that just came in the day before, carbon steel 2d navi. was at Wallace VW in Bristol TN. i live in Abingdon VA
      Last edited by MAXSMK5GTI; 02-18-2012 at 12:04 AM.

    8. 02-18-2012 04:50 PM #33
      So I bought the R this morning. Martens made a decent deal on the trade, close to an even swap before taxes etc. Paid MSRP for the R. Only driven it 15 miles or so, all in city traffic. Looking forward to getting out early Sunday for a true test. Happy to join the club.

    9. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-19-2012 02:04 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Bumpjump View Post
      So I bought the R this morning. Martens made a decent deal on the trade, close to an even swap before taxes etc. Paid MSRP for the R. Only driven it 15 miles or so, all in city traffic. Looking forward to getting out early Sunday for a true test. Happy to join the club.
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    10. 02-19-2012 11:14 PM #35
      We picked up a 4 door CW this evening from the new location of Darcars, out in Silver Spring; great guys to deal with, enjoyed the transaction. Paid MSRP, but the awesome deal on our trade made it work.

      This one is my ever loving wife's - my RBM 2 door is on order...

      I think we live up the hill from bumpjump - we were driving to the dealer around noon, and my wife's eagle eyes caught the CSG in the driveway. Noticed the wheels first...

      Cheers!
      Marc

    11. Member RedLineNikiR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2009
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      1,746
      Vehicles
      12 TR .:R / 03 BMP 20th AE / 12 CW .:R
      02-20-2012 01:16 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Spectro28 View Post
      We picked up a 4 door CW this evening from the new location of Darcars, out in Silver Spring; great guys to deal with, enjoyed the transaction. Paid MSRP, but the awesome deal on our trade made it work.

      This one is my ever loving wife's - my RBM 2 door is on order...

      I think we live up the hill from bumpjump - we were driving to the dealer around noon, and my wife's eagle eyes caught the CSG in the driveway. Noticed the wheels first...

      Cheers!
      Marc
      Go wifey!

      Is she on Vortex? Tell her to check out our thread, Girls with Golf Rs.

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-with-Golf-R-s!
      Female Driven



      Girls with Golf R's

    12. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-20-2012 01:24 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic! View Post
      Are you adding Automatic headlight sensor to your R? That would be sweet!
      After getting some late info on the auto euro switch I think i'm going to return it for a non auto switch.
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    13. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-20-2012 01:27 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Bumpjump View Post
      So I bought the R this morning. Martens made a decent deal on the trade, close to an even swap before taxes etc. Paid MSRP for the R. Only driven it 15 miles or so, all in city traffic. Looking forward to getting out early Sunday for a true test. Happy to join the club.
      Hey congrats man.....lets see some pic's of your R
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    14. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-20-2012 01:29 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by MAXSMK5GTI View Post
      was getting my mk5 Gti fixed at the dealer, and talking to the sales guy, says one is on it's way.
      picked up my car from service, 600 bucks for a fuel pump, ended up trading it in for the R that just came in the day before, carbon steel 2d navi. was at Wallace VW in Bristol TN. i live in Abingdon VA

      That was a quick trade how you liking your R so far
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    15. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-20-2012 03:50 AM #40
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    16. Member Bakerrrr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2008
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      3,407
      Vehicles
      MkVI Golf R
      02-20-2012 03:56 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R Driven View Post
      Are you the one that runs that?

    17. 02-20-2012 09:04 PM #42
      I'm in No. Va. Have a RBM sunroof/navi on order; was hoping to have it already but various delays suggest it will be a few more weeks.

    18. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-22-2012 05:27 PM #43
      Anymore R's show up in DC MD VA
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    19. n00b
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2006
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      02-26-2012 09:35 AM #44
      Picked up 2dr DBM w/nav at Fitzgerald Annapolis 2 weeks ago today. I almost bought a GTI Autobahn (4 door CW) at King VW same day but they low-balled my trade so badly I walked out. I had been told that there would be no R without a wait. Walked into Fitzgerald and drove out a few hours later. Fitzgerald's website had the car marked as 'sold car' but apparently the deal didn't go through. So I had really just gone there to see what they had. I made a remark to the salesman about 'I want a Golf R but I don't want to wait' and he just replied 'you don't have to'.

      I guess I need to pop a couple of photos. What I'm really missing at the moment is rain-sensing wipers and auto-headlights. Which is silly I know, but once you get used to 'not thinking about something' it's a bit of an adjustment to have to remember again.

      Just got over the 1k break-in threshold yesterday, and the engine does seem to have loosened up where it really wants to push past 2/3 of red-line so I'll have to go for a drive today and push it a little bit.

    20. Member MKVdemon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 9th, 2009
      Posts
      261
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R ( totaled)
      02-26-2012 10:42 AM #45
      I finally got to sit in one this past week when I went to pick up my mkvi GTI . I want one soo bad, but @ $38,000 sticker it was wayy out of my budget. Probably will get one in a couple years.
      Last edited by MKVdemon; 02-26-2012 at 10:57 AM.

    21. Member checkdalevel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2005
      Posts
      2,437
      Vehicles
      2012 Audobahn GTI
      02-26-2012 11:00 AM #46
      yeh King low-balled me on a trade in sept... when i went back in Dec it was a different story...

      glad u found an R

    22. Member .:R Driven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      DC-MD-VA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      AE1323 GTI|.:R DRIVEN GOLF
      02-28-2012 09:43 PM #47
      I've not seen one GOLF R on the road in montgomery county, MD
      REVO|GOLF R N86710

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2011
      Location
      North Bethesda, MD USA
      Posts
      259
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Golf (Sold) | 2002 VW GTI (Sold) | 2007 VW GTI (traded) | 2012 VW Golf R
      02-28-2012 10:07 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R Driven View Post
      I've not seen one GOLF R on the road in montgomery county, MD
      You will soon, I hope!

    24. 02-28-2012 11:11 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R Driven View Post
      I've not seen one GOLF R on the road in montgomery county, MD
      I've been commuting up 270 thru Montgomery County from DC just about every day in my wife's CW 4 door for the last week or so, except when she was doing a detail and wax on it for a couple of those days her car is my DD while I anxiously await my RBM 2 door...

      Marc

      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    25. 02-28-2012 11:12 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by RedLineNikiR View Post
      Go wifey!

      Is she on Vortex? Tell her to check out our thread, Girls with Golf Rs.

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-with-Golf-R-s!
      Watch for her - GravityGirl


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •