I would love to see pics of this beast!
I know that if I were to go buy something new, there is no way a dealer would be able to monetize the upgrades that I've done to the average buyer, hence, they would offer me a BS deal on trade. So I thought I would see what an enthusiast community might pay for a car that's well taken care of and thoughtfully upgraded.
I have a 2011 Golf TDI. Four door, graphite blue, DSG, sunroof, halogens, exhaust tips from the factory.
Upgrades I've done:
1. Euro switch $60
2. Euro LED tail lights and switch wired for rear fog. $750
3. Sound deadening in both inner and outer door shells, floor, firewall, and trunk area. $2500
4. Kenwood BT901 deck with pocket below (I have factory RCS-510 on my shelf if wanted), plus Focal KRX2 components up front, PS 165 components in back, and JL 8" sub in rear with 150 watts going to sub and 120wpc going to the front from JL Amp and rear speakers wired to deck. $2500
5. Clear bra on front 1/4 of car, mirrors, headlights, door cups, door edges. $1100
6. 15% tint on windows $250
7. Aspherical rear view mirrors $100
8. 4300K HID retrofit $500
9. LED DRL's from TM Tuning. Single light integrated into factory foglight housing. $400
10. LED assist lights integrated into front grille. Vision X 9-LED array of 6W LED's putting out 3000lumens, switched from factory blank in front of shifter. $700
11. All weather mats $50
12. Various VCDS programming upgrades such as comfort function from remote, coming home, 4-blink turn signals, fog lights as DRL's, coding for LED tails, active brake lights, etc.
That's a total of about $9k in upgrades and changes. Add that to a $26,300 price paid and it's about $35,000 of value if all of the things I added went to the bottom line of the car. Add in some depreciation for mileage and the possibly perceived drop in value of deviation from stock and I would ask $27500.
Anyone interested? I'm in the Seattle area.
Last edited by rickallen81; 04-20-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Got the folks in town for the long weekend, so pics will have to wait.
It's for sale for the right price, hence the feeler. Kind of like the "make me move" on zillow. Given the right offer, I'd probably start over on another one, it's a fun project car. Maybe try a GTI this time.
Adding some pics for your viewing pleasure.
Switch for LED pod lights
LED tail lights w rear fog on
Euro Switch w Rear Fog
Kenwood BT-901 w storage pocket below.
Focal KR2 component tweeters
JL Audio Sub (amp concealed under storage floor which powers the sub and front components. Rear components powered off the deck)
Blue aspherical mirrors (I had it hand washed yesterday, but Seattle rained on me again today. Surprise)
Sorry, adding a better pic of the LED pod lights. That one up above didn't turn out so good. P.S. these are BRIGHT!!!! Not for use on road except for high beam assist, flash to pass, or to get someone's attention. I use them on the dark streets around my house and late night drives on empty roads. They throw straight out, up high, and down low at the same time.
Updating this to offer it for sale. Full upgrade list above.
Mileage just broke 5,000 two weeks ago. The car is in great working order.
I have all the stock pieces should you want to reverse anything (tail lights, headlight switch, RCD-510, stock speakers).
Asking $32,500 since I've put about $8-9k into it after $25k new. It was a fun project car but I want to try another one. Not sure what yet.
I'm open to serious offers that recognize how little the car has been used combined with the money invested in it. If you don't agree, don't offer. It's as simple as that.
one more thought on this too...when looking at your "upgrades" a lot of these are standard things people do to their cars. you can't just add up everything you've done to the car and ask for more money...lol...
window tint, clear bra, all-weather mats?? aside from these items the only thing you've done is spend big bucks on a stereo/sound deadening, and LED lighting. GLWS at $30K+ asking price....
Point taken. All good input for an apparently unreasonable expectation. Like anybody, I guess one would hope that a good portion of the money put into a car would come back at selling time, but I'll have to adjust my point of view there.
R Line LED Tail Lights w Rear Fog | 20% tint all around | Blue Aspherical mirrors | Replica OEM bi-xenon 6K | Single LED DRL's from TM Tuning as fogs/DRL's | VisionX LED high-beam assist lights in lower grille | Focal Speakers, JL Sub, Kenwood HU | Sound deadening in floor, firewall, doors, trunk | VCDS