Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on circumcision?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Miatas, 2 Saabs, & a G35 sedan
      02-14-2012 04:51 PM #1
      So, I never really hesitated to have my son circumcised when he was born. I am, and I didn't really find much evidence or get much input from others about it.

Now, a friend from High School is going on and on about how circumcision is the devil or barbaric and my take was "relax, you're a woman. Like father, like son". Then she started showing all these studies and then pictures and I'm really wondering why it wasn't more widely available from the pre-birth classes they make you take or from the Hospital literature.

She actually gave me reason to change my mind on the whole process.

Anyone else?

2. Member
      02-14-2012 05:25 PM #2
      I don't have boys, but I would probably not do it. We had all the information presented to us in our birthing classes and there wasn't any benefit to it over not. The pros to not do it far outweighed the cons.

Vehicles
      2013 Tiguan 07 Suzi Swift
      02-14-2012 05:56 PM #3
      I'm with Papa Dras. I "am" but didn't have boys so didn't have to make the decision fortunately. Overall my view is that it's an unnecessary, archaic, religion based mutilation. Other than some warped views over "cleanliness" (and that makes as much sense as having all your teeth out so you don't have to keep them clean) I can't think of a single real plus.
      Derek
      Alexandra New Zealand
      Second Tig, 2013, TDi, Auto, night blue, park assist 2, auto lights and wipers, RCD510, fogs, tow pack
      http://www.alexandra.co.nz/

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      02-14-2012 06:46 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      I don't have boys, but I would probably not do it. We had all the information presented to us in our birthing classes and there wasn't any benefit to it over not. The pros to not do it far outweighed the cons.
      Quote Originally Posted by NZTIGUAN View Post
      I'm with Papa Dras. I "am" but didn't have boys so didn't have to make the decision fortunately. Overall my view is that it's an unnecessary, archaic, religion based mutilation. Other than some warped views over "cleanliness" (and that makes as much sense as having all your teeth out so you don't have to keep them clean) I can't think of a single real plus.
      I'm circumcised, my son isn't. Only benefit to being circumcised is it's more difficult to contract aids.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

02-15-2012 05:05 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      I agree with this, but in the face of the decision I don't know which way I would go. Glad I don't have to deal with it, to be honest.

6. Member
      02-15-2012 09:05 AM #6
      me too. we've got enough of our own problems coming over the years.

7. Banned
      02-15-2012 09:06 AM #7
      Ohh the Jewish influence on America.

I'm a big believer in not changing what has been given to you. Anyways, when we were younger my wife made the decision to circumcise my sons. I didn't care at the time, now days I probably would and would push against it. Especially since they won't be able to get the full effect of sexual pleasure.

PS. She regrets it as more and more evidence is coming out that Circumcision is not exactly all that healthy/great and there seems to be way more cons than pros.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      E30 Cab & 1.8T Golf
      02-15-2012 10:17 AM #8
      So do uncut guys have trouble with premature ejaculation?

You know, since they're so much more sensitive.

9. Banned
      02-15-2012 10:45 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by smittyATL View Post

I guess you can say yes. 2 kids were unplanned.

But you can also say no, since I haven't had a kid for 5 years.

02-15-2012 11:57 AM #10
      Don't have to be jewish for a forced circumcision due to foreskin covering the pee hole thus making it painful to pee.
      Signatures are for the insecure

Vehicles
      13 JSW TDI, 04 Saab 9-5 Arc SC, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      02-15-2012 12:26 PM #11
      pretty sure our plan is to do it.

the doc said their are few benefits either way.
      there are some risks in doing it.

the odd thing for me to here was that apparently you can't pull the hood back fully till like age 4-5. so now... how the hell do you properly clean it if you cannot get to it for up to 5 years?
      epitome
      "Not everything you eat has to, or should, taste really f*cking awesome. Sometimes you need to eat 'boring' food to stay healthy.

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

12. Banned
      02-15-2012 12:36 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by dunhamjr View Post
      pretty sure our plan is to do it.

the doc said their are few benefits either way.
      there are some risks in doing it.

the odd thing for me to here was that apparently you can't pull the hood back fully till like age 4-5. so now... how the hell do you properly clean it if you cannot get to it for up to 5 years?
      Think how far human history goes back in time.

Your doctor doesn't get paid NOT to do it.

13. 02-15-2012 02:10 PM #13
      My girlfriend will soon be entering residency for family medicine. According to her, there's no benefit to it anymore in the US. If I ever have a boy, unless there's no medical necessity for it I don't think I'll have it done.

Vehicles
      13 JSW TDI, 04 Saab 9-5 Arc SC, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      02-15-2012 02:37 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubChaos View Post
      Think how far human history goes back in time.

Your doctor doesn't get paid NOT to do it.

maybe need read my comment again?

my doc said there are few risks in NOT doing it.
      most of the risk is having it done.

aka... she was suggesting its not a needed item, something that we could forgo at our own discretion.

she also mentioned that the recent trend was to NOT have it done.
      epitome
      "Not everything you eat has to, or should, taste really f*cking awesome. Sometimes you need to eat 'boring' food to stay healthy.

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

15. Banned
      02-15-2012 02:40 PM #15
      Sorry, missed that.

Above is on point. It has been a trend lately.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      98 Cabrio
      02-15-2012 03:27 PM #16
      I was born with pneumonia and not circumcision when I was born. Then at the age of 5ish it got infected and I was then circumcised. Man it was very painful and awkward to walk around when it was done.

Also on the sensitiveness.... I've never gad a problem getting off and always finish sooooo
      Last edited by revbjeff; 02-15-2012 at 03:41 PM.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      02-15-2012 09:06 PM #17
      up until about 3 to 5 years old, the foreskin is still attached to the glans of the penis. You aren't suppose to force it back to clean it. It's unnecessary and dangerous.

My father's cousin had his done when he was 75 Apparently his kept rolling back when he slept and cutting the blood flow off so it wouldn't drain back. The second time he went to the hospital and had a doctor sitting on his belly with a handful of petroleum jelly yanking on his wanker, he said screw it and had it done, the complained because it hurt for two weeks and was still swollen
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

02-15-2012 10:16 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubChaos View Post
      It has been a trend lately.
      And that is the only reason anyone even cares.

Go on Reddit and you will see the crazys come out on this issue and the true retards compare female circumsision to male

They are simple 100% totally different things.

I personaly dont care either way , if you dont want your kids to fine .
      If you want your kids to fine.

But just like religion , you can have your opinion just like a penis but dont go around show it to everyone ! ( or something like that )

19. 02-15-2012 11:02 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by smittyATL View Post

The foreskin covering the glans seems to help keep it going and going ang going...

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      02-16-2012 09:19 PM #20
      I don't really care either way. I wouldn't push anyone one way or the other, just do what you want.
      They're steppin' on my rhythm and they're stealin' all my lines

Every day on the bike is a day not in the Fusion.

02-18-2012 04:21 PM #21
      Id want my son to have a beautiful cut prick like mine.

22. 02-18-2012 08:57 PM #22
      I was about 1/4 listening to a discussion somewhere on circumcision the other day (npr maybe???). My 1/4 listening garnered the following: The foreskin cells are apparently a type of cell that does, in fact, allow diseases into the body more easily. Also, it's apparently not any more sensitive, but it does keep the fireman's helmet in the sheath until it's go time, thus keepin' the helmet more sensitive and increasing pleasure. Again, 1/4 listening, so likely not 100% accurate in my retelling.

I'd probably get any hypothetical kids circumcised just because I don't want to I have any extra awkward dong-related discussions with my kid, especially if that little ****er's hung better than me.

02-22-2012 12:11 PM #23
      http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._underwent_an/

I personally don't care either way.

But sweet jebus getting it done at any age where you actually remember the pain .

For that reason and that reason alone I am glad mine is done.

Vehicles
      05 SRT-4 S3R, 95 Volvo T-5R
      02-24-2012 01:30 PM #24
      I am cut and my son is cut... I was actually thinking of not having it done. The main reason was at the time I was hearing a lot of horror stories about doctors not doing it right and messing stuff up but we chose it anyhow...

I have a fraternity brother that had it done when he was 22 and he said it was the best thing he ever did... He said it sucked to clean and keep clean and to be honest he said it freaked girls out with the look of it...

I am ok with it either way but I am getting very tired of people comparing it to the female version done in 3rd world countries where they are done by force and as punishment... It is NOT THE SAME THING!!!

Ok bye now...

Vehicles
      2012 Chevrolet Cruze, 1995 Volkswagen Jetta
      02-27-2012 09:49 AM #25
      I found out I was circumcised in high school, to much ridicule of my friends for not knowing. It just wasn't something I knew about until the subject came up. I had to ask my father if I was. I was upset when I found out, mostly because I didn't have a say in the matter.

I think it may be the equivalent of having your molars removed or your appendix removed. Your body doesn't need them anymore, but I'm curious to know what the original purpose of the skin was, either a shield or for sensitivity.
      Kegels - Team My Little Pony

Pearl Jam - Hartford 2010 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 2011 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 2011 | Rush - Bridgeport 2012 | Soundgarden - NYC 2013 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 2013 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 2013 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 2013

26. 03-02-2012 08:35 PM #26
      Our son will be snipped but not by our doctor. Too many horror stories about botched wiener whacker surgeries performed by normal doctors. We're having a urologist do it.

27. 03-07-2012 09:19 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by malv1 View Post
      I am cut and my son is cut... I was actually thinking of not having it done. The main reason was at the time I was hearing a lot of horror stories about doctors not doing it right and messing stuff up but we chose it anyhow...

I have a fraternity brother that had it done when he was 22 and he said it was the best thing he ever did... He said it sucked to clean and keep clean and to be honest he said it freaked girls out with the look of it...

I am ok with it either way but I am getting very tired of people comparing it to the female version done in 3rd world countries where they are done by force and as punishment... It is NOT THE SAME THING!!!

Ok bye now...
      I got circumcized when I was 22, and I agree. Much happier after than before. The ladies I have been with preferred it with a crew neck rather than a turtleneck as well.

That said, my son is uncut, and he will be that way unless he makes a decision as an adult to have it done.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      05 SRT-4 S3R, 95 Volvo T-5R
      03-07-2012 02:34 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot762 View Post
      Our son will be snipped but not by our doctor. Too many horror stories about botched wiener whacker surgeries performed by normal doctors. We're having a urologist do it.
      This was the one thing I wish we had done... To be honest, we were still talking about how to do it when it was done... They told us they were going to do it but it was done before we were told it was... I don't think she botched it or anything but I wanted a Penii guy to work it out instead...

29. Geriatric Member firefighterjunkie's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '04 GTI and '03 Passat Wagon
      03-11-2012 10:19 PM #29
      To be honest, I don't know what we would have done if my daughter had turned out to be a boy (we waited to find out the sex). As much as I don't personally have a lot of experience or knowledge of uncircumcised penises, I would probably want to go that route based upon the pain factor. I just don't think I could make my baby undergo a procedure like that, since they don't administer anesthetic...I still need to do more research on the issue in case if/when we decide on #2, we have an idea of what we want to do.

Over a dozen studies confirm the extreme pain of circumcision. It has been described as “among the most painful [procedures] performed in neonatal medicine.” In one study, researchers concluded that the pain was “severe and persistent.” Increases in heart rate of 55 beats per minute have been recorded, about a 50 percent increase over the baseline. After circumcision, the level of blood cortisol increased by a factor of three to four times the level prior to circumcision. Investigators reported, “This level of pain would not be tolerated by older patients.”

That's the kind of stuff that freaks me out.

Oh and I agree with what someone else said. IF I had a boy and did decide to do it, it would be done by a urologist. I've heard way too many nightmare stories about babies getting botched jobs and requiring repeat surgeries, etc.

30. 04-03-2012 02:26 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjunkie View Post
      I just don't think I could make my baby undergo a procedure like that, since they don't administer anesthetic...I still need to do more research on the issue in case if/when we decide on #2, we have an idea of what we want to do.
      My hospital doesn't do it without anesthetic. Most likely it's a numbing gel rather than a needle, but they absolutely won't do it without some sort of numbing agent....which I like.

I am circumcised...and at this moment, my lady and I agree to have the procedure done if we're having a boy [waiting to find out, not much more time left!].
      Sega|Saturn

31. 04-21-2012 09:21 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by DTMTrini View Post
      My hospital doesn't do it without anesthetic. Most likely it's a numbing gel rather than a needle, but they absolutely won't do it without some sort of numbing agent....which I like.

I am circumcised...and at this moment, my lady and I agree to have the procedure done if we're having a boy [waiting to find out, not much more time left!].

Our son was cut 3 days ago and he's doing fine. They administered a numbing cream, let it set up for an hour, then administered anesthesia via a syringe (4 times at the base of the penis), then it was snip snip done. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. They gave us some triple antibiotic cream to lather on the penis every time we change him so the diaper doesn't stick to it. He's taking it like a champ.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Miatas, 2 Saabs, & a G35 sedan
      05-07-2012 07:30 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjunkie View Post
      Oh and I agree with what someone else said. IF I had a boy and did decide to do it, it would be done by a urologist. I've heard way too many nightmare stories about babies getting botched jobs and requiring repeat surgeries, etc.
      You do have a good point. My son was done in the hospital and I remember reading a few articles and understanding what the procedure involved, but when I met the guy doing them, I sort of interviewed him (well, grilled him is a better description). He wasn't forced on us, but I wanted to get an idea of his comfort level, experience, suggestions, etc.. He was very open and gave me confidence. I've interviewed thousands of people through recruiting and I only recall parts of interviews or some people in particular, but I remember that interview with much clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot762 View Post
      Our son was cut 3 days ago and he's doing fine. He's taking it like a champ.
      Glad to hear it

Vehicles
      Golf 02
      05-10-2012 12:17 PM #33
      I wanted my son to be, but at the last minute, decided not to. I'll let him decide for himself later on in life, it's not a big deal right now not to be.

Vehicles
      2012 Mitsu Evo GSR (his) & 2003 PT GT (mine)
      05-15-2012 06:45 AM #34
      Ive read the pros and cons, and I know personally a kid who has a problem with his and growing back and another who had to have the surgery in adulthood.

In the end, my husband is from South America and isnt cut, so we wont be cutting ours either.

Vehicles
      Mk6 JSW TDI and Mk4 Jetta VR6
      06-10-2012 09:24 PM #35
      We chose to go with circumcision, simply because my husband is and even though our son is adopted when it comes time to potty train, he will look just like daddy.

We have a few friends who don't believe in circumcision at all, but when her son was 4 yrs old he had to be circumcised for medical reasons. Then she told me another story of her brother who had sex for the first time when he was 28 and he tore it during intercourse. He was bleeding and too scared to tell his parents. Well he ended up losing a lot of blood because it was healing so he had to have it done.

Hearing these two stories from one family who choose not to circumcise and actually have to, it helped us make the decision.

I would hate for Patrick to come to use when he is in his late teens early twenties telling me that his foreskin has ripped and have to have it done then.
      Brewtus
      Forever you will be missed.
      Nov 26, 2004 - Feb 20, 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast