Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on circumcision?

1. 03-02-2012 08:35 PM #26
      Our son will be snipped but not by our doctor. Too many horror stories about botched wiener whacker surgeries performed by normal doctors. We're having a urologist do it.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 6MT; 2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT
      03-07-2012 09:19 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by malv1 View Post
      I am cut and my son is cut... I was actually thinking of not having it done. The main reason was at the time I was hearing a lot of horror stories about doctors not doing it right and messing stuff up but we chose it anyhow...

I have a fraternity brother that had it done when he was 22 and he said it was the best thing he ever did... He said it sucked to clean and keep clean and to be honest he said it freaked girls out with the look of it...

I am ok with it either way but I am getting very tired of people comparing it to the female version done in 3rd world countries where they are done by force and as punishment... It is NOT THE SAME THING!!!

Ok bye now...
      I got circumcized when I was 22, and I agree. Much happier after than before. The ladies I have been with preferred it with a crew neck rather than a turtleneck as well.

That said, my son is uncut, and he will be that way unless he makes a decision as an adult to have it done.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      2007 Audi RS4, 95 Volvo T-5R
      03-07-2012 02:34 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot762 View Post
      Our son will be snipped but not by our doctor. Too many horror stories about botched wiener whacker surgeries performed by normal doctors. We're having a urologist do it.
      This was the one thing I wish we had done... To be honest, we were still talking about how to do it when it was done... They told us they were going to do it but it was done before we were told it was... I don't think she botched it or anything but I wanted a Penii guy to work it out instead...

4. Geriatric Member firefighterjunkie's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '04 GTI and '03 Passat Wagon
      03-11-2012 10:19 PM #29
      To be honest, I don't know what we would have done if my daughter had turned out to be a boy (we waited to find out the sex). As much as I don't personally have a lot of experience or knowledge of uncircumcised penises, I would probably want to go that route based upon the pain factor. I just don't think I could make my baby undergo a procedure like that, since they don't administer anesthetic...I still need to do more research on the issue in case if/when we decide on #2, we have an idea of what we want to do.

Over a dozen studies confirm the extreme pain of circumcision. It has been described as “among the most painful [procedures] performed in neonatal medicine.” In one study, researchers concluded that the pain was “severe and persistent.” Increases in heart rate of 55 beats per minute have been recorded, about a 50 percent increase over the baseline. After circumcision, the level of blood cortisol increased by a factor of three to four times the level prior to circumcision. Investigators reported, “This level of pain would not be tolerated by older patients.”

That's the kind of stuff that freaks me out.

Oh and I agree with what someone else said. IF I had a boy and did decide to do it, it would be done by a urologist. I've heard way too many nightmare stories about babies getting botched jobs and requiring repeat surgeries, etc.

5. 04-03-2012 02:26 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjunkie View Post
      I just don't think I could make my baby undergo a procedure like that, since they don't administer anesthetic...I still need to do more research on the issue in case if/when we decide on #2, we have an idea of what we want to do.
      My hospital doesn't do it without anesthetic. Most likely it's a numbing gel rather than a needle, but they absolutely won't do it without some sort of numbing agent....which I like.

I am circumcised...and at this moment, my lady and I agree to have the procedure done if we're having a boy [waiting to find out, not much more time left!].
      Sega|Saturn

6. 04-21-2012 09:21 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by DTMTrini View Post
      My hospital doesn't do it without anesthetic. Most likely it's a numbing gel rather than a needle, but they absolutely won't do it without some sort of numbing agent....which I like.

I am circumcised...and at this moment, my lady and I agree to have the procedure done if we're having a boy [waiting to find out, not much more time left!].

Our son was cut 3 days ago and he's doing fine. They administered a numbing cream, let it set up for an hour, then administered anesthesia via a syringe (4 times at the base of the penis), then it was snip snip done. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. They gave us some triple antibiotic cream to lather on the penis every time we change him so the diaper doesn't stick to it. He's taking it like a champ.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Miatas, 2 Saabs, & a G35 sedan
      05-07-2012 07:30 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjunkie View Post
      Oh and I agree with what someone else said. IF I had a boy and did decide to do it, it would be done by a urologist. I've heard way too many nightmare stories about babies getting botched jobs and requiring repeat surgeries, etc.
      You do have a good point. My son was done in the hospital and I remember reading a few articles and understanding what the procedure involved, but when I met the guy doing them, I sort of interviewed him (well, grilled him is a better description). He wasn't forced on us, but I wanted to get an idea of his comfort level, experience, suggestions, etc.. He was very open and gave me confidence. I've interviewed thousands of people through recruiting and I only recall parts of interviews or some people in particular, but I remember that interview with much clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot762 View Post
      Our son was cut 3 days ago and he's doing fine. He's taking it like a champ.
      Glad to hear it

Vehicles
      Golf 02
      05-10-2012 12:17 PM #33
      I wanted my son to be, but at the last minute, decided not to. I'll let him decide for himself later on in life, it's not a big deal right now not to be.

Vehicles
      2012 Mitsu Evo GSR (his), 2003 PT GT (mine), 2012 Odyssey (ours
      05-15-2012 06:45 AM #34
      Ive read the pros and cons, and I know personally a kid who has a problem with his and growing back and another who had to have the surgery in adulthood.

In the end, my husband is from South America and isnt cut, so we wont be cutting ours either.

Vehicles
      Mk6 JSW TDI and Mk4 Jetta VR6
      06-10-2012 09:24 PM #35
      We chose to go with circumcision, simply because my husband is and even though our son is adopted when it comes time to potty train, he will look just like daddy.

We have a few friends who don't believe in circumcision at all, but when her son was 4 yrs old he had to be circumcised for medical reasons. Then she told me another story of her brother who had sex for the first time when he was 28 and he tore it during intercourse. He was bleeding and too scared to tell his parents. Well he ended up losing a lot of blood because it was healing so he had to have it done.

Hearing these two stories from one family who choose not to circumcise and actually have to, it helped us make the decision.

I would hate for Patrick to come to use when he is in his late teens early twenties telling me that his foreskin has ripped and have to have it done then.
      Brewtus
      Forever you will be missed.
      Nov 26, 2004 - Feb 20, 2009

11. Banned
      Vehicles
      E30 Cab & 1.8T Golf
      06-11-2012 08:57 AM #36
      I don't have any boys, but some friends just had one.

Instead of cutting the doctor put a little plastic ring around the kids penis that cut off blood supply to the foreskin. It fell off within two weeks and does not need to be tended much.

12. 08-03-2012 11:37 PM #37
      I don't remember having it done. And I am glad I did.

Vehicles
      2013 Tiguan 07 Suzi Swift
      08-05-2012 11:35 PM #38
      Interesting thing is a number of men are now attempting to "regrow" the removed skin !! True, google it and you'll find out !!
      Derek
      Alexandra New Zealand
      Second Tig, 2013, TDi, Auto, night blue, park assist 2, auto lights and wipers, RCD510, fogs, tow pack
      http://www.alexandra.co.nz/

Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      08-07-2012 12:03 PM #39
      no thanks!
      WITW

08-07-2012 03:12 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by NZTIGUAN View Post
      Interesting thing is a number of men are now attempting to "regrow" the removed skin !! True, google it and you'll find out !!
      This sounds horrible, this idea.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      07 F-150 |||| 08 VW passat variant 3.6 4-motion.
      08-13-2012 05:31 PM #41
      ^^^^ as per the 28 year old who tore his foreskin during sex!!!! I'm telling you right now, he did not damage his foreskin putting it into a vagina! I don't know what that boy is putting his penis into....but it's not a (human) female vagina.
      Last edited by zofovw; 08-13-2012 at 05:34 PM.

08-21-2012 04:12 PM #42
      Who cares .

I do find it hilarious and extremely stupid to compare male circumcision to female .....

That truly shows the ignorance of that person.

There not anything close to the same.

18. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-24-2012 01:04 PM #43
      I would worry more what you feed your kids than this.

Vehicles
      2006 Volvo V50, 1993 RX-7 R1, 1980 Hatteras 53MY, 2002 Grady White Release 283, 1958 Mohawk 14
      10-01-2012 03:33 PM #44
      Anybody mention yet that being cut greatly reduces the chances of some STDs? http://health.usnews.com/health-news...s-against-stds

Vehicles
      1994/VW/JETTA/GLX 2014/Ford/FIESTA ST
      11-09-2012 02:46 PM #45
      For my own son, I didn't want him to be circumcised since I wasn't. My wife had all intentions for it to happen, but my son had low platlette's levels after being born so doctors didn't want to do any sort of circumcision because of this. I was more worried if he was ok, he seemed fine it's just his platelettes where low, but glad he didn't get circumcised. I have nothing againts it's just that I wanted my son to be like me. I never knew that some people got ridiculed about not being circumcised until later in life when I was an adult. Just make sure you teach your child to pull back and clean it really well, since it won't clean itself in the shower.
      VRSociety #293

21. 11-12-2012 12:04 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
      Anybody mention yet that being cut greatly reduces the chances of some STDs? http://health.usnews.com/health-news...s-against-stds
      So do condoms and abstinence.

I don't think that's a good argument for circumcision in our society.

22. Member
      11-12-2012 12:41 PM #47
      I have a two month old son now and we didn't do it. Couldn't see a reason for it either way. To be honest I got sick of all the people preaching on either side and really non of it made sense medically. My aunt and cousin actually cried with joy when they found out we didn't have it done...I debated the subject a few months before he was born. Basically I was a little drunk and stirring the pot by continually saying that "it's just a little skin...who cares? I don't care. It's as barbaric as ear piercings or cutting fingernails. You are women and shouldn't have a say in this!"

Anyways, to each his own, not her own.

Vehicles
      06 Miata, 07 Magnum, 06 Mazda 3
      11-12-2012 04:22 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by blksabbath View Post
      I have a two month old son now and we didn't do it. Couldn't see a reason for it either way. To be honest I got sick of all the people preaching on either side and really non of it made sense medically. My aunt and cousin actually cried with joy when they found out we didn't have it done...I debated the subject a few months before he was born. Basically I was a little drunk and stirring the pot by continually saying that "it's just a little skin...who cares? I don't care. It's as barbaric as ear piercings or cutting fingernails. You are women and shouldn't have a say in this!"

Anyways, to each his own, not her own.
      This^^...When we had our son, my wife left it up to me...like father, like son, so we had it done when he was a few days old. It looked painful, but he didn't seem bothered. It healed up quickly. There are good points on either side, but why do people have to take up torches on their side of the argument? Stay out of my life, I'll stay out of yours.

Here in Ontario, our health care system used to pay for this, as part of our basic healthcare. Not sure when it changed, but now, if you can't cough up the ~ $300, you can't get it done. Which makes the decision easier for many parents...
      2006 MX-5
      2007 Magnum
      2006 Mazda 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12