First off, this absolutely wouldn't be possible without my family and friends. Especially since i never planned to be able to to actually turbo this car. If Andy didn't offer me a deal i absolutely couldn't refuse on the eip stuff i never would have gotten started. People like Jeff at UM and Tom at APTuning both played instrumental roles in this with both advice and products. I did alot of reading for the better part of a year on these forums to plan this custom kit, and ide like to thank anyone who was gracious enough to post build threads and answer my questions.
Well, the basis for my kit includes:
Turbonetics 62-1 1.06 t4 hotside with a 70trim cold side
EIP ram horn manifold
EIP 3" downpipe converted to an open dump
Tial MVS 38mm
A 24.25"x9x2.5 bar and plate intercooler core
2.5" aluminum intercooler piping
3" exhaust back to the center of the car split to 2.5" oval to both the passenger and drivers sideskirts
The intake piping is 4"
Bosch 550cc injectors
UNITEDmotorsport tune with launch control
Fx400 clutch with an oem flywheel (streetwerke setup)
..The goal is 450-500whp on 15-17psi.
This will unfortunately be a drawn out thing, as my deadline really isnt due until May/June
I started with this mess of parts,
Then, it progressed to pulling my car into my garage and to begin the teardown (don't mind the incredible amount of stuff Ive accrued in my short life)
I quickly got to work making that turbo look better, or at least match my wheels Courtesy of Dave at Renewed Finishes
Once the car was apart i wanted to go head on at the problems others were having with this type of manifold/s trim 4" inlet housing turbos. Mitch got crafty and notched his piping, Andy got mad and beat the hell out of his brake booster. After logically racking my brain for most of the thinking process involved in this car, it came down to 3 options. 1. i could copy Mitch...which seemed the most likely. 2. Run a non reinforced coupler and see it that would allow it to fit. 3. Cut **** until it fit like Andy did. I ended up deciding to try the coupler first...It worked
After that issue was addressed, we started cutting and mocking up the intercooler.
Long story short, the brainstorm came about to go against the norm and put the intercooler piping through the core support, this turn into turning the core support into intercooler piping and the monstrosity your about to see was made.
As a finished product, this is what the front mount looks like
After we finished that it was time to connect the dots
Next we got started on the hotside piping, which to be honest with you if it wasnt for Mitch(JDM-JTI) having to figure this out before me, it never would have went as smoothly as it did. We ended up welding a v band onto the turbo to make this work.
^-4an to my wastegate.
After that it was time to address the fact i wanted to do an open wastegate dump on my Tial 38mm MVS. I had to have the downpipe recirc piece welded shut and the dump tube made. Because of the mess of piping behind the motor, this was how we had to route the dump tube.
...That is where im at right now. The piping is all done. It will be sent off to have the cold side piping, intake manifold, diverter valve, and core support powdercoated. The hotside piping, downpipe, and exhaust manifolds will be ceramic coated.
Anddd... the car in question